英語の穴埋め5問-センセーショナルなタイトル生成

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ジョンの結婚申し込みに対するメアリーの反応は?
  • 彼女のドアの扱い方が予想外だった!
  • 湖の深さについて尋ねられた驚きの場面
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の穴埋め5問です。お願いします。

1 ジョンはメアリーに結婚を申し込んだ。   John(   )a proposal of marriage to Mary. 2 彼女はドアをそっと押した。   She(   )the door a gemtle push. 3 彼はその湖がどれくらい深いかを私に尋ねた。   He asked me the(   )of the lake. 4 彼がパーティーに遅れて着いたのでみんなが驚いた。   He late(   )at the party surprised anyone. 5 私たちは彼が学校を欠席しているのを知らなかった。   We were not aware of his(   )from school.

• u-ch
  • お礼率58% (20/34)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

1 ジョンはメアリーに結婚を申し込んだ。   John (made) a proposal of marriage to Mary. 2 彼女はドアをそっと押した。   She (gave) the door a gentle push. 3 彼はその湖がどれくらい深いかを私に尋ねた。   He asked me the (depth) of the lake. 4 彼がパーティーに遅れて着いたのでみんなが驚いた。   He late (   ) at the party surprised anyone.   His late arrival at the party surprised everyone.  everyone も anyone も「誰も」になりますが,ここで anyone は不自然です。 5 私たちは彼が学校を欠席しているのを知らなかった。   We were not aware of his (absence) from school.

u-ch
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。4番ですが打ち間違えていました。すみません。

関連するQ&A

• 穴埋めお願いします

She[][][]the piano since morning. <play> 彼女は朝からずっとピアノを弾き続けている。 The party []already[]when we arrived.<begin> 私たちが着いたとき、パーティーはすでに始まっていた。 He said he[][]the watch ten years before. <buy> 彼はその時計を10年前に買ったと言った。 By tomorrow noon I [][][] the work. <finish> 明日の昼までにはその仕事を終えているだろう。

• don't think?? think??

初めて質問します。 Mary doesn't think that John did it out of kindness, for he is considerate. 「ジョンは分別があるからそれを親切心からやったのだ、とメアリーは思わない」 ・・・という訳ではないようです。(意味はむしろ逆らしいのです) 文脈から考えて、doesn'tがいらないようにも思えますが、これであってるんです・・・。 これ、どうなっているんでしょうか?教えてください!! よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の動名詞についての質問です

●それぞれの英文において,動名詞が「出来事を表すか」,「やり方を表すか」,「もしくは文脈により出来事かやり方のいずれかを表すか」,という問題なのですが・・・理由も教えてほしいです。よろしくお願いします。 I warned him against careless driving. They liked our singing. They liked our singing folk songs. They enjoy singing while playing the guitar. ●また,次の文は3通りに曖昧な文だそうです・・・ There's no writing on the blackboard today. 今日は黒板に何も書いていない。 今日は黒板に書類が一つもない。 今日は黒板に何も書いてはいけない(書くことはできない)。 の3つであっているでしょうか? ●最後に,次の文を動名詞・名詞化形にするという問題です。 原文 John flatly refused the idea. 動名詞 John flatly refusing the idea. 名詞化形 John's flat refusal of the idea. 原文 The city was completely destroyed by the enemy. 動名詞 The city being completely destroyed by the enemy. 名詞化形 The city's complete destraction of the enemy. 原文 John and Mary withdrew money from their bank. 動名詞 John and Mary withdrewing money from their bank. 名詞化形 John and Mary's withdrewal of money from their bank. 原文 He criticizied them harstly. 動名詞 He criticizing them harstly 名詞化形 He harsh criticism of them 原文の後の動名詞・名詞化形は自分なりにやってみたものです。特に、副詞をどう直すべきか・・・わかりませんでした。 結構量がありますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の穴埋めと訳の問題です

次の英語の問題の解答をどなたかお願い出来ないでしょうか 答えが無いのと体調がすぐれない為 思う様に進められません 宜しくお願いします。 次の英文中の( )内に最も適する表現を a ~ d の中から1つ選びなさい  ・ There is ( ) telling what will happen in the future .    ( a:not   b:any   c:all   d:no )  ・ You ( ) go to such a place in the middle of the night .    ( a:had better not   b:had not better   c:didn’t have better      d:hadn’t better )  ・ He is one of her friends . = He is a friend of ( ) .    ( a:she   b:hers   c:her’s   d:she’s )  ・ I haven’t seen him ( ) three years .    ( a:during   b:from   c:since   d:for )  ・ ( ) had he finished his work when he went out .    (a:Frequently   b:Hard   c:Scarcely   d:Often ) 答えと合わせて 訳・解説の様なものも頂けると助かります 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語の問題

( )に入る適当な語をいれなさい。 1.私の家族について話したいと思います。 I ( )( )( ) talk about my family. 2.彼の写真を見てみよう。 Let's ( )( ) look at his pictures. 3.私は彼の話を疑い半分に受けとめた。 I took his story with a ( ) of ( ). 4.ジョンはとても親切だ、そして自分は彼に好きだ、とメアリーは言った。 Mary said that John was very kind,and ( ) she liked him. ちょっとわからなかったので よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英語の問題教えてください。

同じ意味になるように( )に一語入れてください。 よろしくお願いします。 He did not go to school that day. He was( )( )school that day. Mary has not written to me since 1987. I have not ( )( )Mary since 1987. This dictionary is mine. This dictionary( )( )me. The heavy snow prevented me from coming on time. I could not come on time ( )of the heavy snow The news filled me with joy. I was( )of joy( )the news.

• bring と take について

bring は「持ってくる、連れてくる」 、takeは「持っていく、連れていく」だと思っていましたが、 bring とcomeは takeと goの関係に似ていることがわかってきました。 bring ,come →話し手、聞き手へ向かう take ,go →話し手、聞き手から遠ざかる ところが今、問題集を見ていまして、並び替えの問題なのですが同じページに次のような解答があるので混乱しています。 (1)メアリーがパーティーに連れてきた男の子は彼女の弟でした。 →The boy that Mary brought to the party was her brother. (2)彼が昨日連れてきた少女は英語を上手に話しました。 →The girl that he took yesterday spoke English very well. (2)はbring なのではないでしょうか。

• [英語→日本語]英語の翻訳をお願いします。

[英語→日本語]英語の翻訳をお願いします。 子供に勉強を教えてと言われたのですが、私にはさっぱりなので、分かる方は回答お願いします。 There are many stories of brave dogs. Some of them are about how dogs help or even save their masters, some of them are about how dogs travel great distances to find their families. One of the nicest stories is about John, a small black and white dog with big ears who lived in America. One August, John's family, the Bensons, went on holiday to California and, of course, took John with them. While they were on holiday, John got lost. The family spent the rest of their holiday looking for him but without success. At the end of their holiday, they sadly went back home to New York. Before they left, they put photographs of John in all the shop windows in the area. During the next six months John crossed the whole of America to find his family in New York. He walked over 2,000 miles or maybe he hid on trains and buses. Nobody knows how he did it. When John got to the Bensons' house, it was in the middle of winter and the family was away visiting some friends. The window of their neighbor's car was open, so John jumped in and went to sleep. That night, it snowed and snowed and it continued snowing for a week. When, finally, the neighbor took the snow off his car and looked inside, he saw a very thin, but very happy John. 以上です。長文になりますが、宜しくお願いします。

• 英語で何て書いてあるか教えてください>ー<。☆

The winner of the competition has been announced! Well done to Ludovico Unkle-Kant Cantarini for his post on why he is the biggest Jamiroquai fan ever! It involved tattoos, gigs, and a lot of travelling! Jay was impressed! The behind the scenes video is on it's way to you now before anyone else has seen it. European tour, Ludovico comp winner, travelling, tattoos, behind the scenes video coming and some more things round the corner. Keep checking in Party People! 英語を理解できる方が教えてくれると嬉しいです!:!。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の質問です。

誤り訂正の問題です。 1.A ruler (1which can do) anything (2he or she) (3wants) (4is) called an absolute man arch. 1→who can do 2.A wise (1and) experienced manager (2will assign) a job to (3whomever) is (4best) qualified. 3→whoever 3.I met (1a number of) people, but I did not know (2any of them) (3that) somewhat (4surprised me). 3→which 自分で解いてみましたが、 訳ができずに困っています。 訳を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。