• ベストアンサー

That being? where to now?

"There is one more big reason to continue this quest." "That being?" "I'll tell you later.So where to now?" という会話文の、 That being?  の訳し方を教えてください。 そして、 where to now? は、「今からどこへ?」でいいのでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

- この探索を続けるについては、もっと大きな理由があるんだ。 - その理由って? - 後で教える。さて、今度はどこだ?

関連するQ&A

• being、ー、;、whereの使用方法

下記の英文に、なぜbeing、ー、;、whereが使用されているのかについて教えてください。 ・Nuclear power resource has always carried the risk of the air being contaminated and people being exposed to radiation… ・…the honey bee as the symbol of sustainability;though the bee extracts nectar from the flower, the flower is unaffected..... ・I remembered that your message yesterday mentioned your desire to make the essay sound more mature-oftentimes adding words and… ・She claimed that our choice of lifestyle where there is high energy....

• "To that"について

以下はロイターのweb版にあった一節です。 "But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it'," he said. このパラグラフの中程にある"To that"とはどのような意味・用法で使われているのでしょうか? そして訳すとしたらどのような形になるのでしょうか? お手数ですが、どなたかご教示お願いいたします。

• to that

Understanding the circumstances of the other person and controlling one's actions so as not cause trouble to that person is called enryo. to that 、toは何でしょうか?同格のthatでしょうか?

• beingとisの違い

1)のような表現を見ました。2)とは意味が異なるのでしょうか?また、beingを使う背景にはどのような意図があるのでしょうか?ご教授下さい(例:癖や習慣などを含む) 1) One reason being that we are working with international language. 2) One reason is that we are working with international language.

• beingはどのように使われてますか?

NHKラジオ英会話講座より I'm sorry if I sounded angry at the meeting. It's just that I was quite offended by some of the things that were said. I extremely proud of my design team. I couldn't just sit there and listen to them being criticized so unfairly. (・・・。そこにただ座って、彼らがあんなに不当に非難されるのを聞いていられなかったのよ。) (質問) [..listen to them being criticized so unfairly.]についてお尋ねします。 beingの使い方がよく分りません。訳文からして、現在分詞の形容詞的用法でしょうか?「不当に非難されている彼ら・・」でよろしいですか? よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• now that構文?

For the last three years I’ve had full custody of my (now) 9-year-old daughter. It hasn’t been easy. I was never enthusiastic about having a child and, while I adore her now she’s here, being a parent hasn’t come naturally to me. now she’s hereはどのような訳になるでしょうか?now that構文のthatが省略された形でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• [to be]のイメージがつかみたいのですが?

NHKラジオ英会話講座より(英作文の問題) 彼はとても健康なので100歳以上生きると思う。 He's so healthy that I think he'll live to be a hundred or more. (質問) (1)私の作った英文の間違いを教えて下さい。 He's so healthy that I think he'll live more than 100years old. (2)正解に使われている[to be]はどう解釈すればいいのでしょうか? 「あること」「存在すること」という名詞的用法でしょうか? この文章には、必ず[to be]は必要ですか? (3)頁の末尾にto be continued(続く)などよく見かけますが、continueだけにするのと、ネイティブの受け取る感覚の違いを知りたいのですが? (4)日常よく使われる[to be]を含んだ用語を幾つか教えて下さい。何とか、イメージをつかみたいのです。 以上

• Where does that leave us?について教えてください。

DVDで英語の学習をしております。 その中で、 Where does that leave us? の表現がありました。 アルクで調べたところ、 Where does this leave us? で、 ”このことで、私たち(の関係)は、どうなるのですか?” と、ありました。 この表現を使って会話文を作ってみたのですが、 自然な使い方と言えるのでしょうか? John: ... Tony, listen... I have something to tell you. Tony: Hi, John, what's up? Something happened to you? Need some help? John: Yeah, well... uh..I thought you were the best friend I got in the whole world... Tony: ...John, I don't understand. What are you trying to say? John: Okay, then I'll tell you straight out. Tony, I happened to hear you and my girlfriend were kissing in the school backyard yesterday... Tony: ...Uh, well.. John: Do you have any idea where that leaves us? お時間ありましたら、お願いいたします。

• 例文中のthat の示すもの

For example, most of the time when we talk about more than one of something, we put an S on the end. One cat, two cats. But then, there's that handful of words where things work differently. 上記文章は、英単語の複数形について述べている文章です。 最後の行、there's that handful of~のthat が何を示しているのか分かりません。 there's a handful ofなら分かるのですが。 分かる方いらっしゃいましたら解説お願い致します。

• There is more to it than that.

There is more to it than that. 訳は「それ以上のことがある」と思いますが that以上に何ががあるの意味ですよね? 例文を作れば、 There is more to truth than loving people. 訳「人を愛す以上の真実がある」 ご確認お願い致します。