• ベストアンサー

英文の添削をしてください!!

It is one of their pleasures to keep working itself. (働くこと自体が、彼らの喜びのひとつである)を英訳してみました。 itself はto keep working と同格のつもりです。 これで問題ないでしょうか。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.1

あるご質問と回答の経緯を見るまでは、気楽に「ああ、それでええんとちゃいますか」なんて言ったんでしょうけど。  ちょっと、こちらのQ&Aをご覧ください。 http://okwave.jp/qa/q6456702.html  one of those whoとなったとき、関係代名詞whoは、oneを受けるのか、thoseを受けるのか、という問題です。  to不定詞にも同様の紛れが発生すると思われます。つまりお示しの文では、to不定詞がtheir pleasuresにかかると解釈される可能性です。  itの代わりにto不定詞を主語に持ってくれば、紛れはなくなりますが、それでは頭でっかちの文になって読みにくいですね。まあ、だからこそitで始めるわけですが。  あかん、意識したばっかりの問題では、すぐにはええ知恵がでんです。  とりあえず、そういう問題があるとだけ中間報告して、考えて見ます。  中途半端ですみません。

ernesto
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.2

すこし冗長でしょうね。 Working itself is one of their pleasures. などでいいと思います。

ernesto
質問者

お礼

参考になりました^^

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文に誤りが無いか見てください!

To keep working itself is one of the pleasures of their life. (働き続けること自体が、彼らの生きる喜びの1つなのだ)

• 英文の添削をしてください。

There are several ways to keep good shape. To begin with, you need to quit smoking. Needless to say, cigarette has many toxic substances which disturb you keeping good shape. Next, you should eat healthy foods every meal. It will help you to be in good condition because of many vitamins. For example, vitamin C is an important one to keep one’s skin beauty. If your skin is so beautiful, it may bring your mind to be good shape! Furthermore, it is good for you to get enough sleep. Less sleeping is not good for your health, skin, and so on. Finally, I think it is most important to exercise daily. It helps you to alleviate stress, keep your metabolism good and burn your fat. I recommend you to do it because you can do it with joy. That’s all I want to say how the way to keep good shape is. もっとお洒落な言い回しができたらなぁ、と思い質問させていただきました。文法もたくさん間違えてしまっていると思います。。。(泣) どなたか添削していただけないでしょうか。 お願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします!

・It is very important to cooperate on a recycle campain to protect evironment. ・We should start thing that we can do even if it is small things.That is one step for improvement of environment. この2つを確認したいんですけど、文法的など、おかしいところがあったら教えてください。おねがいします!

• 添削お願いします。

こんばんは。 It actually is a form of sketching, ando I believe that it is the next best thing to drawing itself. を訳してみました。 それは実際にはしかし私は一種のスケッチであると信じている。 添削お願いします、

• 英文の添削をお願いします

多くの人が趣味を持っている。読書はその中の一つである。しかし、読書の好みは人それぞれに違う。みんなが同じ感じ方を持っているわけではない。一番大切な物はそれぞれの状況によって違う。みんな、基本的な需要に加え、ここに存在している理由を必要としている。 Many people have hobbies. Reading is one of those. But reading tastes differ to each their own. Not everyone has a same feeling. It is different from important thing differ in each situations. Everyone needs reason to exists in here besides basic needs. 英作は本当に苦手で、文法がめちゃくちゃかもしれませんが、添削をしてくれると嬉しいです。

• この英文はどのように訳せば良いのでしょう?

この英文はどのように訳せば良いのでしょうか? 特に”nature of ~”の解釈がよく解らないのですが。 What is the nature of their claim? and, What is the total amount of their claim? if they mentioned it to you. 初歩的な質問かもしれませんが、どなたかご教授下さい。

• 英文の添削お願いします。

課題文:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people should start to live on their own and become indepentent of their parents as early as possible.Give reasons to support your opinion. 解答: (1)I think young people should start to live on their own and become independent of their parents as early as possible. (2)I think so because,when they start working they will have to do everything by theirselves.Their parents won't help them any more.If they are not independent of their parents,they cannot work. (3)Second, if they start to live on their own,they will know that doing houseworks such as making meals,cleaning rooms is hard work. (4)And the most important reason is that,when they have their children,they have to teach their children a lot of things by them selves.If they are not indepentent of their parents,they can't raise their children properly. (5)I have friends who live on their own.They are doing everything by theirselves,so they look confident. (6)With above reasons I think young peole should start to live on their own and becomeindependent of their parents.約150words,30分 TOEFL対策の問題です。 後々読み直してみると、 firstがないのにsecondを使ったり、 一番大事な理由を述べているパラグラフの位置が中途半端だったり、 無駄にパラグラフを多くしてしまった点がよくなかったように思います。 文章構成・表現・文法なんでも稚拙な部分が多くあると思うので直したほうがよい所やアドバイスがあったらぜひ教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文解釈

the past is recalled not because of itself but because of what it adds to the present. 過去は、それ自体のために思い出されるのではなくて、過去から現在に付与されるものがあるから思い出されるのである。 what it adds to the presentの文で、whatはadd A to BのAの部分で、それが関係代名詞となっているそうですが、add to Aで訳したらwhatが構造上説明がつかないと書いてあります。 何故なのかがいまいちよく分かりません。 構造上説明がつかないのはいったいどうしてでしょうか?

• 英文の添削お願いできませんか?

いつもお世話になっています。英文エッセイの技術向上を目指しています。相変わらずネイティブには程遠い英文ですが、添削・講評をお願いできないでしょうか?出来るなら具体的な箇所も指摘して頂たいです。お願いします。 子供たちは5月の風の涼しさに顔をほころばせながら、あなたのほうを振り返ったはずです。好きな人を見つけては倒れこむようにして駆け寄り、その人の胸に顔をうずめ、その後に新しい未知の世界を振り仰いで、そしてまた新たに歩き始める。それこそ一歳児の歩み方ではありませんか? It was a fact that smiling with the crisp breeze in May, children looked back at you. In the case of infants, on finding a man who they favor, they rush into him as if falling to the ground, diving into his chest. After that, the steps of children to their growth must begin again thorough an envisagement of themselves in the new world beyond their knowledge. In my opinion, this is the very process of the one-year-old toward becoming adults. Children certainly turned around to you, twinkling with the fresh air of May. As soon as a person loved by them appeared in their sight, youngsters ran up to him fit to drop, held in him chest, and getting interested in the new world they had not seen yet, and then beginning to develop step by step. In fact, this is really the way one-year-old children gradually grow.

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

「この物語自体は、特に2人の女の子が目標など持たないためスピード感がない。 田舎の女の子2人が友情を築いていくという、単純で地味な話だ。 にもかかわらず、この映画には圧倒的なスピード感がある。それはキャラクターの明快さや表現の細かさだ。 この2人のキャラクターの存在感が、物語を失速させずに突っ走らせる。 監督は「イメージの肉体化」をうまく表現していると思った。 この映画が評価される大きな理由の一つだと思う。」 ある映画について説明をしたいのですが、日本語では物語を失速させずに突っ走らせるといいますが、英語でも同じような表現でいいのでしょうか? そして「イメージの肉体化」というのも英語でどのように表現したらいいのかわからず…とりあえず英文を作ったので確認して欲しいです。 The story itself had no sense of speed because two girls have no goals or dreams. It is a simple story that two girls build friendship. Neverthless, this film has sense of speed. That created by the clarity of the character and the detail of expression. The presence of these two characters will make the story run without stalling the story. I think the director could expression well "image physicalization", and it is one of the major reasons for being evaluated. こちらになります。 よろしくお願いします。