How to Find Satisfaction as an Artist

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn how artists find satisfaction in their lives and careers.
  • Explore the mindset of artists and their dedication to their craft.
  • Discover how artists embrace their passion and find fulfillment.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

下記英文の解釈について質問があります 12/22

下記英文の解釈について質問があります。 How satisfied are you with life as an artist? Anne Salié: I couldn‘t imagine being anything else. Xenia Kourkoumeli: Things could always be better, but I'm not complaining! Q1 まず質問ですが、「ミュージシャンとしての人生をいかにして満足させていますか?」 こういう意味ですよね。 Q2 Anne Saliéのセンテンスをそのまま訳すと、「私はほかの事が考えられない」となってしまいます。「(ミュージシャンとして充実しているので)私は他の事が考えられない」となっているとおもうのですが、そうすると質問とも微妙にずれてしまっていると思うのですが・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

Q1 まず質問ですが、「ミュージシャンとしての人生をいかにして満足させていますか?」 こういう意味ですよね。 ちょっと感じが違います。「芸術家としてどれだけ満足していますか」要するに満足の度合いの質問で、方法の質問では無いと思います。 Q2 Anne Saliéのセンテンスをそのまま訳すと、「私はほかの事が考えられない」となってしまいます。「(ミュージシャンとして充実しているので)私は他の事が考えられない」となっているとおもうのですが、そうすると質問とも微妙にずれてしまっていると思うのですが・・・。  Anne Saliéの答えは「それ以外(ミュージシャン以外)であることは考えられない」と言う意味です。ですからうまく質問に答えていると思います。

sleepetcetc
質問者

お礼

アドバイスありがとうございます。 howの訳し方でいきなりつまづいてしまったというわけですね・・・。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 下記英文の解釈で質問があります。

How is all the creative process of making a original soundtrack for a movie? 映画のサントラ制作の作業工程はどんな感じでした? I did that several times, mainly for the movies by french director Sébastien Betbeder. It's a difficult process. But when you like the film, like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, it's also very inspiring. サントラ制作は何度かやっていてね。おもにフランスの映画監督Sébastien Betbederの映画で手がけていたんだ。困難な作業だよ。けど、映画が好きで、毎回彼の映画で起きる何かが好きでさ、それがもの凄く刺激を与えてくれる。 Q1 But when you like the film, like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, it's also very inspiring. この文章ですが、けど、「映画が好きで、毎回彼の映画で起きる何かが好きでさ、それがもの凄く刺激を与えてくれる。」この解釈であってますか? こうだと意味は通りますが、英文法とか構造的にどうなんだ?と・・・。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― You play several instruments. Do you define yourself as a one-man band?  あなたはいくつかの楽器を演奏しますね。自分は「ワンマンバンド」だと思いますか? I would not define myself as an instrument player. I am a kind of "music maker". I use instruments when I need them, usually the piano, the guitar (in the past), and now more and more the voice. But I'm not a performer. I don't really practice and try to learn any instrument. I just play with them, make very simple things. Q2 I just play with them, make very simple things.この文章の解釈についてです。 「,」が単にandを指している。つまり、I just play with them. And I just make very simple things. 単に演奏するってだけさ。そしてただ単にシンプルな何か(メロディー)を作るんだ。 →真意は「シンプルなメロディーを思い浮かんだときは、それらの楽器を演奏する。けど、複雑すぎて演奏できないときは他の人に演奏してもらう」 こういう解釈でいいでしょうか? http://okwave.jp/qa/q6419708.html この質問で補足をさせて頂きました。マルテンの勘違いというやつです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります 12/24 (2)

How do you balance your personal emotions and the intentions of the composer in your interpretations? Anne Salié: It's hard to tell. What I consider to be the intentions of the composers, is already my personal interpretation, affected by, and based on experience, tradition and personal emotion. Xenia Kourkoumeli: In a way that the loyality to the music doesn’t disturb my musical freedom. 個人的な感覚と、作曲家としての意図と、どのようにバランスをとっていますか? Q1 ゼニアのセンテンスですが、In a way とは音楽という道の中で、という解釈でしょうか? それと、 「音楽に対する忠誠は私の音楽への自由を邪魔しない」この言葉の意味はわかりますが、なぜこの質問にこの答え?という疑問があります。 ―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― In which way, would you say, is your cultural background reflected in your performances? Anne Salié: Of course I‘m a product of my environment. I grew up with classical music, my idols were Martha Argerich, Glenn Gould, Dudley Moore, Gerard Hoffnung, Victor Borge etc. etc... These impressions influenced my taste, or maybe my innate predilection caused me to seek them out - in any case, you can see the preference for classical music and musical comedy. Xenia Kourkoumeli: If it is, let the others speak about it. Q2 ゼニアのセンテンスです。これはアンの答えを受けて、「もしそうだとしたら、他の人に話をさせて」という流れですか? アンの主張に(ゼニア本人が)同意をするならば、話す事は何もないのでこの話題は他の人にでも話をさせて。という解釈でしょうか? ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― How would you describe and rate the scene for classical music of the country you are currently living in? Xenia Kourkoumeli: Unfortunately my home country Greece is frustrated and disapointed right now - and not just because of the state of the classical music scene... There is a lot to be done and a lot to be learned... ゼニア:私の住んでいるギリシャでは、(この国の人たちは)イラついているし、失望しているわ。それは決してクラシックシーンのせいだとも言えないわ。(なぜならば)たくさんの事がなされてきたし、多くを学ばされたから。 Q3 ゼニアのセンテンスですが、()を補って訳文を作ったのですが、この流れで良いでしょうか? つまりここで言いたい事は、ギリシャでは(みんなは)クラシックシーンに対して失望している。→けど、それはクラシックシーンのせいだとも言えない。→なぜならば、クラシックに触れる機会も多くあるし、教育もたくさん受ける事が出来るから。という解釈であってますか? 長いですが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 分詞構文?

If I had ○○, I couldn't died doing anything better. という文を 「もし○○だったなら、それ以上ないdoingをしながら死んだことだろう。」 と訳すとき、doing anything betterの部分は分詞構文ですか? 別に教科書どおりに~ing ○○, ○○. というようにカンマがなくても、 ○○ ~ing ○○ という文で普通に分詞構文で訳してしまっていいのでしょうか? それとI couldn't died doing anything betterは直訳すると 「よりうまくやりながら死ぬことはできなかっただろう。」 ということですよね。こういう「anything better」って、普通「それ以上」と訳すんでしょうか?

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります。(2)

What was recording at the University of York Music Research Centre like? After a day or so of getting the technical setup out of the way, the rest of the time was mostly smooth and really fun. I’d often spend the morning working, break for lunch with everyone, and then work until dinner, break for dinner, and then head back into the studio by myself after midnight and work for a couple more hours. Because I was concentrating on collecting source material for the album I didn’t feel an enormous pressure to get everything right. I recorded hours and hours of material but it didn’t matter if some of it wasn’t as good as others, as it was all material I could pick apart later. It didn’t have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried. Besides music, we took some time off to drive around the English countryside, ate a lot of amazing food and hit the pub every night, discovering a great German beer that no one else liked … except Theo! この文章のほぼ全ては理解できるのですが、少しわからないところがあります。 Q1  I recorded hours and hours of material but it didn’t matter if some of it wasn’t as good as others, as it was all material I could pick apart later. It didn’t have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried. 私は素材のレコーディングに何時間も何時間もかけた。しかし、仮にレコーディングした素材のいくつかが、他のものほど良くなくてもそれは問題ではなかった。 この次の、as it was all material I could pick apart later.ですが、 ここがよくわかりません。このasはなぜならばとして訳せばよいでしょうか? それと、it was all that material which I could pick apart later.が正式な文章ですよね? 次のセンテンスのitはレコーディングした素材のことで、レコーディングした素材が完璧である必要は無い。までで、やはり構造的にどうも理解できないです。 perfectを先行詞としたwhichの文章 experienceを先行詞としたthatの文章 そしてそれ以降があやふやです・・・。 長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります

バンドとしての意識はどう変わりましたか? 先ほど、レコーディングではなくライブに集中すると言い、今もセッションミュージシャンではなく、本当にバンド活動に関わる人を求めると言いましたが、どういう経緯があってその考えに至ったのでしょうか? (Q1)I guess growing up, it seemed like most of the music I was into was bands.例外もあったが。例えばキング・クリムゾンっていつもロバート・フリップショーなんて感じだし。ロバートは常に自分にフィットする人を見つけようとしているんだ。でもあまり得意じゃないみたいだな(笑)。いつもフラストレーションを溜めていそうだよな。俺が好きなバンドは大部分がバンドとして活動しているんだ。. (Q2)Later, of course, you find out most bands have a team of songwriters. There’s Jagger and Richards, Geezer and Iommi and all that. Some other bands that I’ve always really liked – even though I’m not supposed to admit it – but The Grateful Dead has always had more of that group ethic.俺はジャズもたくさん聴くよ。(Q3)where it’s more of a group thing.いつも俺の心を捉えて離さない。奇妙だよな。(Q4)because most of the bands I know that were successful or long-lived always seemed to have fallen to the “band dictator” thing (laughs), with other people along for the ride.それが、怠慢から生まれたものなのか、(Q5)I was afraid to look like a megalomaniac,俺は決してその手のバンドリーダーにはなりたくないね。自分のギターパートに十分問題は抱えているし(笑)。(Q6)and figuring out what to play with that instrument to dictate to other people what to play.Earthが俺中心で活動していた時期は一番楽しめなかった時期だな。周りに人がいて、お互いやりとりをするような環境が好みなんだ。社会主義タイプなんだよ。みんなが混ざってきた方がより楽しめるってもんだ。ライブに関しても同じだ。Earthのオーディエンスはライブに“参加”しているんだ。インストゥルメンタルミュージックも然り。聴いている人は自分なりに解釈したり意味を見出したりして“参加”している。歌詞がある音楽とは正反対にな。これが音楽に対する俺の見解だ。(Q7)I have this abhorrence of that leader/follower kind of thing. Q1からQ7までの英文がわかりません。訳を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文について質問があります。(1)

How much did „your own thing“ benefit from your work as a session musician? セッションミュージシャンとしての仕事は、あなた自身の作品(own thing)に対してどのくらいの結果(benefit)をもたらしましたか? Well, I think it’s always great to collaborate with other artists, because it almost always pushes me to try something I haven’t tried before, or even thought of before. But when it comes to my own music and compositions, I’m not sure if I bring much of my session work into them. Then again, working as a session musician definitely helped me develop a little bit of confidence on some instruments. When you’re put on the spot like that, and you have to come up with something, it can be stressful ... And over time it slowly gets easier and easier, and depending on the instrument and the music, sometimes nowadays I might not even think about it at all. I just start playing. So for better or worse, I’m slowly learning to trust my own musicianship. 途中のwhen you’re put on the spot…辺りからどうも何を言いたいのかがわかりません。訳を教えてください。

• 英文でわからないところがあります。

下記の文章の” I imagine he’s had his share of what they can do back there, too” の部分をどう訳せばいいのか教えていただけないでしょうか。 “He was always well-mannered and always a nice boy and very polite and kind, and I always remember him for that and always liked him, too. I felt quite disturbed that this would be happening. War is an awful thing, so I imagine he’s had his share of what they can do back there, too, in Afghanistan. I imagine he’s seen a lot, too, that’s maybe done things to him,” said Mattheis. 出展:VOA News http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/US-Soldier-Sentenced-to-Life-in-Prison-for-Afghan-Atrocities-133719403.html

• 英文解釈について質問があります。

インタビュアー:どんな変化をもたらしましたか? ミュージシャン:ライブに対しての俺の興味が高まっている。それが今のEarthと以前のEarthとの最大の違いだ。以前は、かなりレコーディングに重きを置いたバンドだった。コンセプトも存在していたしね。今はライブ重視だ。レコーディングも好きだが、ライブはもっと重要になってきている。(Q1)I see it as, as the major labels die and fall off – I don’t think it’s ever gonna return to how it used to be –。昔は、ライブミュージシャンは貴重な存在だったし、ライブをやること自体も貴重だった。レコーディングも今に比べて特別なものなんかじゃなかった。アルバムはライブをやるために作っていたんだよ。(Q2)and then somewhere along the way that changed into this whole differentiation between live musicians and recording artists.レコーディングアーティストは契約を交わして金を得る。彼らは市場で売られて然るべき曲を作ったわけだしな。だがライブってやつは少々厄介だ。オーディエンスと直接結びついているんで市場のコントロールが難しいんだ。(Q3)and I like to think that that’s what’s changing now, that bands in our realm of the woods メジャーレーベルに属しているバンドとは対極だ。ヤツらはライブで演奏なんか出来やしないしな。オートチューンでピッチを補正して、デジタル処理を加えて、その他にもごちゃごちゃやって…。もはや演奏どころじゃないな。みんな、「おい見ろよ! あいつら誤魔化し無しでプレイしているぜ」、そこに興味を持っているんだ。あと俺はオーディエンスとのやりとりも好きだしな。俺達のオーディエンスはライブに参加して空気を作っている。(Q4)as opposed to the thing of a recording artist delivering these messages from on high.そういうわけで、俺たちのレコーディングはライブに近づいているんだよ。(Q5)I’ve always kind of viewed recordings as these slices of time, like “Oh, this is what’s going on at this point,” as opposed to trying to create the perfect version of the song. Q1からQ5までの英文がわかりません。訳を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈が合っているかどうか

すいません質問があります。 Our reviewer asked: “Is “The Invisible City" a concept album about the cohabitation of creatures, nature and man-made technology?" 「The Invisible City」とは、動物、自然、そして人間の手によるテクノロジーの共存というテーマのコンセプトアルバムなのでしょうか? Perhaps not for this CD particularly but as a whole yes. I´ve been working with Chris since 2000 starting with the Wind Album. It´s very educational to be around him, also with the way he executes his work. He's always been a great inspiration. それは今回のアルバムに限った話ではないだろうね。クリスとは2000年の「the Wind Album」からコラボレーションをやっている。彼と一緒にいるのは勉強になるし、also with the way he executes his work. 常に強烈な刺激となっていたよ。 also~についてですが、ここは「彼にとっても勉強になっている」という解釈であっていますか? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Couldn't one see these daily sounds as a form of music as well? 日常にあるサウンドを1つの音楽の形態として捉える事は出来ないものでしょうか? Depends how you listen. You could adapt this thought to any sounding environment, parts of it can work like this, but I don't necessary believe that switching on a microphone anywhere makes for an interesting recording. I would think that the city 100 years ago was actually even noisier in some ways. 何を聴くかにもよる。いかなる環境でもサウンドに対してその考えを順応させられるのであれば、それは可能だろう。 しかし、マイクのスイッチを入れればどこででも面白いサウンドが得られるというものではない。 I would think that the city 100 years ago was actually even noisier in some ways. この英文ですがよくわかりません。全体的に解釈があっていますか? 以上よろしくお願いいたします。 http://okwave.jp/qa/q6819117.html それと、bakanskyさんこちらでの回答ありがとうございます。 補足というか自分なりの考えというかさらなる疑問を書かせて頂きました…・。

• 下記英文について質問があります。(2)

すいません下記の英文について質問があります。 It seems as though playing in the same room with someone is still the purest and most important form of musical communication to you. 同じ空間で曲をプレイするということは、あなたの曲作りのやりとりにおいてとても純粋で、かつ重要な事だと思えます。 Emails, SMS, letters, phonecalls, skype, you-name-it, those are all great ways to communicate, and I use them all. But being together, in person, is something different all together. I hope we can all agree that when you’re not in person, there at the same time, things get lost. Little things, big things, all kinds of things. And maybe if you know someone really well - which most likely you know them well from spending a lot of time in person - then it doesn’t matter ... Anyhow, I guess what I’m trying to say is that making music together over email can be very fun and rewarding, but it simply can’t be compared to making music together in the same space. It’s like night and day to me. And I think most anyone who has met Rutger or the guys from Efterklang, would say they are wonderful, kind, warm people. So making music with them in person is absolutely wonderful! Q1 But being together, in person, is somethingからa lot of time in person – then it doesn’t matter…までがどうも何が言いたいのかがつかめません。訳を教えてください。 Q2 Even if, as with Rutger, your approaches significantly differ from each other? たとえルトガー氏と同じように(作曲の)アプローチをとったとしても、あなたのアプローチはルトガー氏とは明らかに異なりますよね? この英文の訳はこのようなニュアンスで良いでしょうか? Q3 To me, a lot of your work sounds very direct, immediate and actually quite spontaneous, as detailed as it may be. Are you satisfied or rather annoyed when reviews call your work „,mature“? 私にとって、たくさんのあなたの作品はとてもdirectで、immediateで、実際かなり即興的です。このあとのas detailed as it may be.が訳せません。どういうことを言いたいのでしょうか? 1、2ともによろしくお願いいたします。