How is the creative process of making an original soundtrack for a movie? A behind-the-scenes look

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Making an original soundtrack for a movie involves a complex and challenging process. It requires creativity, collaboration, and a deep understanding of the film's narrative and emotions.
  • Sébastien Betbeder's movies have been a significant part of my experience in soundtrack production. Despite the difficulties, I find inspiration in loving the films and the unique elements they bring.
  • While I wouldn't label myself as just an instrument player, I consider myself a 'music maker.' I experiment with various instruments, including the piano, guitar, and voice, to create simple yet meaningful compositions.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

下記英文の解釈で質問があります。

How is all the creative process of making a original soundtrack for a movie? 映画のサントラ制作の作業工程はどんな感じでした? I did that several times, mainly for the movies by french director Sébastien Betbeder. It's a difficult process. But when you like the film, like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, it's also very inspiring. サントラ制作は何度かやっていてね。おもにフランスの映画監督Sébastien Betbederの映画で手がけていたんだ。困難な作業だよ。けど、映画が好きで、毎回彼の映画で起きる何かが好きでさ、それがもの凄く刺激を与えてくれる。 Q1 But when you like the film, like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, it's also very inspiring. この文章ですが、けど、「映画が好きで、毎回彼の映画で起きる何かが好きでさ、それがもの凄く刺激を与えてくれる。」この解釈であってますか? こうだと意味は通りますが、英文法とか構造的にどうなんだ?と・・・。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― You play several instruments. Do you define yourself as a one-man band?  あなたはいくつかの楽器を演奏しますね。自分は「ワンマンバンド」だと思いますか? I would not define myself as an instrument player. I am a kind of "music maker". I use instruments when I need them, usually the piano, the guitar (in the past), and now more and more the voice. But I'm not a performer. I don't really practice and try to learn any instrument. I just play with them, make very simple things. Q2 I just play with them, make very simple things.この文章の解釈についてです。 「,」が単にandを指している。つまり、I just play with them. And I just make very simple things. 単に演奏するってだけさ。そしてただ単にシンプルな何か(メロディー)を作るんだ。 →真意は「シンプルなメロディーを思い浮かんだときは、それらの楽器を演奏する。けど、複雑すぎて演奏できないときは他の人に演奏してもらう」 こういう解釈でいいでしょうか? http://okwave.jp/qa/q6419708.html この質問で補足をさせて頂きました。マルテンの勘違いというやつです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.4

#3ですが、#3では「インスピレーションがどんどん浮かんでくるんだ」と書きましたが、ちょっとずれていたかもしれません。 その前のIt's a difficult process. に対して it's also very inspiring. ですので、サントラ作りは困難な作業ではあるけど、またとてもinspiring な作業でもある、ということでしょうから、質問者さんが最初にお書きの通り「刺激的な作業」ととった方がいいかもしれません。 when you like the film の you は、お書きの通り人一般を指しています。 ただ、「人が映画を好きになる時」というのはちょっとニュアンスが伝わらないような。 「その映画が好きになったときは」とした方が日本語としての収まりはいいでしょう。 現在形で書かれている文だから日本語も「好きになる」ではないか?と思われるかもしれませんが、英語と日本語は根本的に違う言葉ですから、日本語に置き換えたときにその状況を一番的確に表す言い方にする必要がありますので。 この場合の状況を考えますと、まずサントラ作成を頼まれたら、当然のことながらまったく音楽の入ってない映画を見せられますよね。それからその場面にあった音楽を作っていくわけで、今見た音楽無しの映画が自分の好みに合うかどうかで、作曲もスイスイ行ったり難航したりすることでしょう。 ですから、「人が映画を好きになるとき」ではなく「その映画を気に入れば」「その映画が好みに合えば」というふうに持っていくのが正しいのではないかと思います。 「けど、その映画が好みに合えば、まぁセバスチャンの映画の時は毎回気に入るんだけど、(サントラ作りは)またとても刺激的な作業でもあるわけなんだよ」くらいでどうでしょうか。

sleepetcetc
質問者

お礼

皆さんレスありがとうございます。・・・まだまだ壁は高いですね。

sleepetcetc
質問者

補足

アドバイスありがとうございます。 alsoで若干迷っていました。つまり、tjhirokoさんのご指摘通り 「困難な作業であり、また、刺激的でもある」というつなぎ方ですね。 youが一般を指しているのであれば少し安心です。 こう言う場合、私はいつも「訳さない」という選択をしてしまうので、完全にyouの存在をいつも詰め切れてなかったのです。 それと現在形、過去形にとらわれず、状況をみて日本語を判断して訳出していかなければならない部分がまさに私がぶつかっている壁ですね。「つまりその状況はどうなっているのか?」 >>まずサントラ作成を頼まれたら、当然のことながらまったく音楽の入ってない映画を見せられますよね。それからその場面にあった音楽を作っていくわけで、今見た音楽無しの映画が自分の好みに合うかどうかで、作曲もスイスイ行ったり難航したりすることでしょう。 この流れを把握することなく、英文だけにとらわれていたら、ジリ貧になってしまいますね・・・。いつもそうなっています。

その他の回答 (3)

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.3

>Q1 But when you like the film, like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, it's also very inspiring. この文章ですが、けど、「映画が好きで、毎回彼の映画で起きる何かが好きでさ、それがもの凄く刺激を与えてくれる。」この解釈であってますか? 「サントラを作るのは困難な作業だけど」のあとの言葉ですから、その映画が気に入ればどんどんインスピレーションが浮かんでくるんだ、ということを言ってますね。 like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies の挿入部分のlikeは#2さんがお書きの通りで、セバスチャンの映画のサントラを作るときはいつもそうなるんだけど、ということでしょう。 >Q2 I just play with them, make very simple things.この文章の解釈についてです。 「,」が単にandを指している。つまり、I just play with them. And I just make very simple things. 単に演奏するってだけさ。そしてただ単にシンプルな何か(メロディー)を作るんだ。 私はこのカンマは and というよりも言い換えのためのカンマだと思います。 play with them を make very simple things と言葉を換えての表現でしょう。 「ちょっと楽器をいたずらしてるというか、とってもシンプルな音を出してるだけだよ」くらいの意味ではないでしょうか。make simple things は「シンプルなメロディーを作る」ではなく、「シンプルな音を出す、簡単な演奏をする」ということではないかと思います。 この文の後に続くのは And when the composition is too complex to play, I make someone else perform it. で、「自分の作った曲が自分で演奏するには複雑すぎるようなときは、別の人に演奏してもらうんだ」ということですから。

sleepetcetc
質問者

補足

皆さんレスありがとうございます。 >Q1 But when you like the film, like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, it's also very inspiring. But when you like the film, けど、映画を好きになる時、 like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, セバスチャンの映画に対してはいつもそれが起きるように、 (つまり、映画を好きになるという事が起きる。→セバスチャンの映画はいつも好きになる。という事) it's also very inspiring. それもまた、インスピレーションを与えてくれる。 (映画を好きになる。ということがインスピレーションを与えてくれる。) 「けど、人が映画を好きになる時、まぁセバスチャンの映画の時は、毎回好きになるんだけど、そのこともとてもインスピレーションを与えてくれるよね。」 youは具体的に、質問者に対して言っているのではなく、一般を対象にといった感じですかね。

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

Q1 like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, 「セバスチャンの映画では、それ(=その映画が好きになること)がいつも起こるように」 ここのlikeは、「~のように」の意味の接続詞です。 学校英語なら“as it happened every time with Sébastien's movies,”と言うところですが、口語ではasの代わりにlikeを使うことが良くあります。 likeを接続詞として使うのは、文法的には非標準かもしれませんが、一応辞書にも載っています。 http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&p=like&dtype=1&dname=1ss&stype=0&index=239050&pagenum=1 Q2 I just play with them, make very simple things 「ただ楽器で遊んで、すごく簡単なもの(音楽)を作っているだけだよ。」 play withは、「~で遊ぶ、~をもてあそぶ」のように解釈する方が、意味が通りやすいような気がします。 「自分は、楽器の演奏家ではないから、練習もしないし、難しいテクも使わない。簡単なことだけやって、遊んでいる」とかうことではないでしょうか。

noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.1

>Q1 But when you like the film, like it happened every time with Sébastien's movies, it's also very inspiring.  この方の英語は学校の文法通りではないようですし、単語も辞書通りとは限らないようで、そこは斟酌して読んであげたほうがよいでしょうね。  likeは、for exsampleとか、とにかく文中にちょっと言い足したいときにはさまれることがあります。 「でも映画が好きだとしてさ、なんつーか俺がセバスチャンの映画観たときゃいっつもそうなんだが、(映画を観て)なんかこう刺激を受けるってこともあるだろ。」 >Q2 I just play with them, make very simple things.この文章の解釈についてです。  これは、one-man bandという賞賛や本人の他の部分での自信も考えると、simpleをポジティブに解釈するところだと思います。意訳すれば「小手先の技巧に走らず、ホントに真っ直ぐな感じの演奏や歌にするんだ」くらいなところかもしれません。

関連するQ&A

• 下記英文について質問があります。(2)

すいません下記の英文について質問があります。 It seems as though playing in the same room with someone is still the purest and most important form of musical communication to you. 同じ空間で曲をプレイするということは、あなたの曲作りのやりとりにおいてとても純粋で、かつ重要な事だと思えます。 Emails, SMS, letters, phonecalls, skype, you-name-it, those are all great ways to communicate, and I use them all. But being together, in person, is something different all together. I hope we can all agree that when you’re not in person, there at the same time, things get lost. Little things, big things, all kinds of things. And maybe if you know someone really well - which most likely you know them well from spending a lot of time in person - then it doesn’t matter ... Anyhow, I guess what I’m trying to say is that making music together over email can be very fun and rewarding, but it simply can’t be compared to making music together in the same space. It’s like night and day to me. And I think most anyone who has met Rutger or the guys from Efterklang, would say they are wonderful, kind, warm people. So making music with them in person is absolutely wonderful! Q1 But being together, in person, is somethingからa lot of time in person – then it doesn’t matter…までがどうも何が言いたいのかがつかめません。訳を教えてください。 Q2 Even if, as with Rutger, your approaches significantly differ from each other? たとえルトガー氏と同じように(作曲の)アプローチをとったとしても、あなたのアプローチはルトガー氏とは明らかに異なりますよね? この英文の訳はこのようなニュアンスで良いでしょうか? Q3 To me, a lot of your work sounds very direct, immediate and actually quite spontaneous, as detailed as it may be. Are you satisfied or rather annoyed when reviews call your work „,mature“? 私にとって、たくさんのあなたの作品はとてもdirectで、immediateで、実際かなり即興的です。このあとのas detailed as it may be.が訳せません。どういうことを言いたいのでしょうか? 1、2ともによろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります 2

You could have just continued down with your solo efforts. What made you come together for a new Lokai album nonetheless? I like to work with Stefan a lot. For me it´s a very unique way of creating music. At the same time, we are both continuing with our solos. My second solo album is almost ready. I am looking for the right place to release it right now. It is called KMET and it´s an electronic Singer-Songwriter project. In the studio I write, record, play and sing it all. Also on stage, it works as a one man show with the support of a little live sampler. I think with "transition", lokai have found their very own sound and aesthetic. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. We have very different personalities (even though some people think we are brothers) and this can be quite fruitful. With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. Complete musical freedom and variety are aspects I can entertain as a solo artist. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. この一文は倒置?でしょうか? もともとはどうなるのでしょうか? With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. 結構この人の文章では、with~, というのがありますが、これは上記の場合Lokaiでは、という風に訳せばよいでしょうか? その次のit's の it はthat以降ですよね。That certain sounds or structures will not fit is clear.その次の文章がわかりません。soは後のthatと因果関係があるのでしょうか? それと、上記とは別に This second album was really a lot about getting our own "lokai sound". この文章ですが、 シンプルな構造にすると this second album was getting our own lokai soundということでしょうか? そうすると、aboutがうまく解釈できないのですが・・・。 以上となります。長いですがよろしくお願いいたします…。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります 1

What's on your schedule at the moment? Doing release-related work for lokai, like getting the website ready, spreading the word about the release, doing lots of finetuning with the live versions of the pieces. With this program, it is an even more refined and live process. Next to that, I am finishing my second KMET soloalbum, doing some live Shows in Spain with Fatima Spar & the freedomfries, and also working on the trio exklusiv album. With this program, it is an even more refined and live process. この部分の解釈ですが、with this programというのは、finetuning云々のことをさしているのですよね。 それと、live processがうまく解釈できません。 refined process and live processということでしょうか?このliveは品詞は形容詞ですか? というか、live processがなければかっちりはまるのですが・・・。 You could have just continued down with your solo efforts. What made you come together for a new Lokai album nonetheless? I like to work with Stefan a lot. For me it´s a very unique way of creating music. At the same time, we are both continuing with our solos. My second solo album is almost ready. I am looking for the right place to release it right now. It is called KMET and it´s an electronic Singer-Songwriter project. In the studio I write, record, play and sing it all. Also on stage, it works as a one man show with the support of a little live sampler. I think with "transition", lokai have found their very own sound and aesthetic. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. We have very different personalities (even though some people think we are brothers) and this can be quite fruitful. With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. Complete musical freedom and variety are aspects I can entertain as a solo artist. まずthe support of a little live samplerのa little live samplerですが、a は冠詞でlittleは小さい、つまり、ライブ用の小さいサンプラーというふうに解釈しているのですがどうでしょうか。 (サンプラーというのは、まぁともかくそういった”楽器”のようなものがあります)

• 下記英文について質問があります

下記英文について質問があります。 Well originally I was drawn to studying Judaism through intensive listening of John and Alice Coltrane when I was a teenager.  この場合のthhoughですが、つまり、ジョン、アリス・コルトレーンを聴くことによってユダヤ教の研究に興味を持ったという解釈ですよね。もっといえば、ジョン、アリス・コルトレーンが「きっかけで」ユダヤ教に~。といった事ですよね。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― The gig went well and the highlight was having Nick Kamvissis, whom I'd just met recently, sitting in with us at the end of the show. このrecentlyについてですが、最初こう訳しました。 「そのライブはうまいいったし、ハイライトはニク・カンビシスが加入したことだった。ニクとは最近あったんだが、彼はオレ達のライブに最後まで参加したんだ」。 これは2002年の時の会話で、1990年代の半ば頃を回想しています。となると、「ニクとは最近あったんだが」というのはおかしくなってしまいます。 ・そのライブでニクと出会い、彼はその日のライブで最後まで付き合ったのか。 ・ニクと出会った事自体はライブよりも以前のことであり、以前から知り合いだったニクがそのライブで最後まで参加した。 このどちらかだと思い、僕は後者だと思うのですがどうでしょうか? recentlyは完了形で使うわけで、さらにその時の直近を指す。そのライブの“つい最近”に会った。と、直近を指すという解釈ですがどうでしょうか? ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― Just as long as it's not the New York school of "Just play as much as possible... この意味ですが、「ニューヨークの学校の“ただただ出来る限りプレイをしなさい”とはちがうのですね。」 といった意味になると思うのですが、どうもニュアンスがつかみきれません……。 この場合のjust as long as と、as much asのニュアンスを教えて下さい。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― 下記の文章ですが、この解釈であってますか? But of course, there are loads of people that don't give a fuck about what's going on around them and it's almost impossible to make them listen to anyone other than themselves. 勿論、そのなものどうだっていいね。なんて態度でいるヤツも大勢いるさ。彼らに自分が望む以外のものを聴かせるなんて事はほとんど不可能な話だな。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― As mentioned it's really effective when I bring in guests such as Martin Ng, who performs solo and then improvises with the class. This keeps them on their toes - it's not as easy for them to bullshit when they are playing with a "professional." A lot of the material I play the class is the more sensitive, horizontal improv of groups such as AMM. あと前にも言ったが、例えば、マーティン・ングみたいなゲストを呼んでソロ演奏をやってもらったり、生徒と即興演奏をやってもらったりする事は実に効果的だ。生徒の緊張感が違うんだよ。彼らにとって、プロと演奏する時にいい加減なプレイをしちまうって事は決して気分の良い事ではないからな。 この後の、A lot of the~がどうも意味がつかめません。構造的にも???です。 A lot of the material I playがSじゃないでしょうか? The classは構造的には何になりますか? 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈で質問があります。

http://c.oshiete.goo.ne.jp/oshiete_category.php3?c=385 シルヴァン・シャボーというミュージシャンのインタビューです。 "Touching Down Lightly" is your new album with only one track of 47 minutes. I consider that musicians that create long music's are the ones who really know how to make music. Do you share my thought? That's an interesting point of view, I clearly get what you mean. I used to consider that when a musician composed a very long work, he couldn't do it without a lot of heart and conviction...................................略 It's not a matter of knowing how to make music. It's more about the need: the need to make a piece that can last and to feel powerful enough to do that while you're performing. And this recording was made with heart and conviction. 2段落目の It's more about the need: the need to make a piece that can last and to feel powerful enough to do that while you're performing. この文がいまいちわかりません。 構造は、 the need に対してto makeで修飾していて、 pieceを関係代名詞でthat以下で修飾、ですね。 a piece can last そして、次のto feelですが、ここがいまいちわかりません。 それとこの文章の意味を教えてください。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― あと、単語帳のDuoにあった文章ですが、 A woman passed by me giving off a subtle scent of perfume. この文章ですが、givingの前にwasが入らないのでしょうか? A woman passed by me was giving off a subtle scent of perfume. なら納得がいくのですが・・・。 それともこれは文章ではなく、句なのでしょうか?

• 下記英文について質問があります。

下記英文について質問があります。 It's too bad you weren't in New York long enough to check out the Living Colour reunion. They played in Central Park for Summer Stage. It was a time-warp. I mean, they used to be one of my favorite bands back in high school. You know I would've been there with bells on. What a laugh! They used to be one of my favorites too. I had everything. Even the different versions of Stain, which had crazier Vernon Reid solos on the Aussie version. Q: I guess America just couldn't handle that. It was weird to finally see them though.I was standing next to some body-builder guy named "Rock". And so he tells me a bit about playing with some of the Living Colour guys, and gives me a flier for his band that says, "There is no other band on the planet like COCKDIESEL featuring drummer Reggie Sylvester." That's fucked. I guess I told you about Reggie, right? Insane! この文章ではほぼ完全に意味は理解できています。ただわからないのが、It was weird to finally see them though.の意味と、he tells me a bit about playing with some of the Living Colour guys~がなぜ現在形なのか? それと、That's fucked. I guess I told you about Reggie, right? Insane!でのfuckedやinsaneの解釈です。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― I have played the guitar heads people like Fred Frith, Hans Reichel, Henry Kaiser. Usually these are the artists to start off with, as they are immediately impressive and then move onto people like Mr. Rowe. Usually以降がわかりません。この発言は、彼は大学講師をやっていて、どんな内容か? という質問に対する彼の発言です。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― Q: Are there certain things you want them to discern from the recordings? For something so intuitive, how do you analyze it in a productive manner? I try to encourage them to play in ad hoc groupings as much as possible. 質問の文章がわかりません。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― Q: Does he ever pull out some choice cardiovascular pics for you? 彼は心臓血管の写真をあなたのために持ってくるのですか? であってますか? it was a real limited release, I wasn't worried about 'perfection' or too precious about fucking up. too precious about fucking up.がわかりません。 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文について質問があります

What was it that made the collection of Gamelan instruments so appealing to you? The fact that I had never played any of them before.Knowing that I would not see a collection like that in too many places made it really easy to decide to work with them. I think because I was so unfamiliar with the instruments it allowed me to approach them in a very unbiased way. To treat them purely as sound objects without the weight of tradition or set of rules about how to play them. Probably much to the horror of Gamelan traditionalists out there … Q1 Knowing that I would not see a collection like that in too many places made it really easy to decide to work with them. この文章の構造がわかりません。Knowingは動名詞ですよね。だとしたら、このknowingを受ける動詞はどれになりますか?madeでしょうか? Knowing made it really easy to decide to work with them. これで、knowing that~は、that以下を「知る事」は、ガムランを弾いてみるという決断を容易にした。 しかし、that以下がどうもピンと来ません・・・。 無理矢理直訳すると、「多くの場所であのようなコレクションを見た事がなかったと知る事は、them(ガムラン)を弾いてみるという決断を容易にした。」となりますが・・・。何も知らないからこそ、知りたいという欲求が沸いてきたということを言いたいのでしょうか? Q2 I think because I was so unfamiliar with the instruments it allowed me to approach them in a very unbiased way. このセンテンスのallowedはどう訳出しますか? Q3 Probably much to the horror of Gamelan traditionalists out there … このセンテンスの意味がわかりません。 Muchは名詞ですか?  The horror of Gamelan traditionalistsというのはガムランの伝統主義者の憎悪。ですか? つまり、この人は完全にガムランをオリジナルな扱い方をしたので、こう言っているのかと。 この文章の構造がわかりません。Knowingは動名詞ですよね。 無理矢理直訳すると、「多くの場所であのようなコレクションを見た事がなかったと知る事は、them(ガムラン)を弾いてみようという決断に至るのが簡単にした。」となりますが・・・。 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈で質問があります 1/1

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/08/04/avenged-sevenfold-interview-creep-show/ Avenged Sevenfoldというバンドのインタビュー記事から質問があります。 While A7X may have been the band some elitists loved to hate, there's no mistaking that the band injected hard rock and metal with an incredibly modern feel -- and that whatever s--- the keyboard ninjas want to spew, it's fine by them. They'll keep making music, playing by their rules and getting their music into the ears of their adoring fans. A7Xがsome elitists loved to hateというバンドだったかもしれない一方で、間違いなく、the band(A7X)はハードロックやメタルに今風の感覚を持ち込んだ。そして-- and that whatever s--- the keyboard ninjas want to spew, it's fine by them. Q1 some elitists loved to hateの意味がわかりません。直訳すると「愛と憎しみのエリート主義者」となりますが・・・。 Q2-- and that whatever s--- the keyboard ninjas want to spew, it's fine by them. この文章の意味がわかりません。そのまま訳すと、the keyboard ninjasは吐きたがっている。そしてそれはthem(A7X)による良い事だ、となりますが・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈で質問があります 1/26

So when recording these loops, you didn't have an exact idea of what exactly you want to do with them? No … No idea whatsoever… The live aspect was just that - it was an improvisation with microphones running most of the time. I would move from instrument to instrument in the studio and play and record a layer of the loop. Once I got something that seemed “finished” to me I’d head into the control room. If I felt I could listen to this loop - usually about 12 seconds long or less - for 10, 15, 25 minutes and totally zone into it, then I knew it was a keeper, and I’d commit it to the hard drive and then erase and move onto another one. It’s a really subtle art of creating loops where nothing sticks out too much as to cause it to get obvious sounding, yet, at the same time the loops have to be repetitive and hypnotic. Q1 I would move from instrument to instrument in the studio and play and record a layer of the loop. スタジオの中で、楽器から楽器に移動して、プレイして、ループを重ねていったんだ。 ここでのwouldとはどういった解釈ですか? Q2 If I felt I could listen to this loop - usually about 12 seconds long or less - for 10, 15, 25 minutes and totally zone into it, then I knew it was a keeper, and I’d commit it to the hard drive and then erase and move onto another one. もし、このループ…大抵の場合は12秒かそれ以下くらいだけど、それを10分、15分、25分間と聴く事が出来で、そしてtotally zone into it,then I knew it was a keeper, そしてそのループ(it)をハードディスクに記録して、それから消したり動かしたりして別のループに作り替えていくんだ(ontoの解釈) 英語の部分がどうもわかりません。あとontoの解釈は上記でよいでしょうか? Q3 It’s a really subtle art of creating loops where nothing sticks out too much as to cause it to get obvious sounding, yet, at the same time the loops have to be repetitive and hypnotic. ループを生み出すというぼんやりとしたアートさ。where nothing sticks out too much as to cause it to get obvious sounding, けど、同時にループは反復的で、催眠作用があるものでなければならない。 ここも英語のままの部分がどうもわかりません・・・。

• 下記英文の解釈で質問があります 1/1 (2)

http://www.absolutmetal.com/MeshuggahInterviewMF03.htm メシュガーというバンドのインタビュー記事です。 Sean: With all of the high profile tours that you guys have been doing, have there been any acts that have really caught your eye? Mårten: "It's kinda of hard to say yet, I donno, we're kinda of a tough band still, you know, the music is pretty fucked up I guess, so it's not like we're gonna have this huge difference all of a sudden, we're gonna blow up and have huge sales or do fuckin' huge tours." Sean: No, no I meant like, when you've been on tour have you seen or heard any of the local bands from around here that have caught you ear? Mårten: "Oh, oh ok. Actually, not really, we haven't really listened alot... ショーン:あなたがやってきた注目を浴びるツアーの全てで、あなたの目にとまる出演バンドはありましたか? マルテン:答えるのが難しいな。今はわからんよ。俺たちは今でもタフなバンドだし、それに、俺たちの音楽はかなりfucked upだと思うぜ。 ショーン:いやいやいや、そういう意味ではなくて、あなたがツアーに出ている時、あなたの目にとまったローカルバンドを見たり、聴いたりしましたか? Q3 ショーンの質問に対してマルテンは勘違いをしていますが、彼が読み違いを起こした決定的ポイントとはどこでしょうか? 私には最初の質問も次の質問も同じに見えます。 With all of the high profile tours that you guys have been doingが読み解く鍵でしょうか? 注目を引くようなツアーのおかげで、みたいなニュアンスですか?いや、違うな・・・。 (ちなみにこの時はこのバンドはToolという超大物バンドの前座に起用されてツアーをやってました。) Q4 マルテンの文章ですが、so it's not like we're gonna have this huge difference all of a sudden, we're gonna blow up and have huge sales or do fuckin' huge tours."がよくわかりません。 Q5 fuck up は台無しにする。ですが、そうなるとこの文章を直訳すると「その音楽はかなり台無しにしてしまったと思う」となってしまうのですが・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。