• ベストアンサー

『君はまだ青いね』を米語に訳すと

『君はまだ青いね』を米語に訳すと you still are green. と Blueではなく、Greenを使うのを聞きますが、 ネイティブレベルでも、 Blueではなく、やはり、Greenを使うのでしょうか? もちろん、 You have so much more to learn. という様な表現もありますが、この度は、”色”に的を絞って質問させて頂きました。 ご教授頂けると嬉しいです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

英語ではGreenです。また「You are still green.」の方が「You still are green.」よりも自然です。ちなみに「You are still green.」は親しみを込めて言う事も出来れば、相手をけなす時に言う事も出来ます。日本語での使い方と似ています。 参考までに、青信号の事を「green light」と言います。「blue light」と言えば信号とは無関係の、文字通り「青い光」です。 最後に、「You are a chicken」とは、経験レベルを表現する言い回しではなく、単に相手を臆病者(本来の意味はニワトリ)と呼んでけなす事になるので気を付けたほうが良いでしょう。友達をからかったりする際にも使えますが、微妙なニュアンスが分かるまで使わない方が無難でしょう。

sato777
質問者

お礼

大変参考になりました。 ご指導、ありがとう御座いました。

その他の回答 (2)

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

辞書のgreen の説明に http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/green >immature in age or judgment; untrained; inexperienced: a green worker. とありますので、「君はまだ青いね」とまさに同じ意味になりますね。 元々はこちら >not fully developed or perfected in growth or condition; unripe; not properly aged: This peach is still green. の、果物などがまだ熟しておらず緑色をしているところから来たんですね。 日本語の「青い」も緑のことで、同じだと思いますよ。 こちらなどをご覧下さい。 http://gogen-allguide.com/a/ao.html http://www.web-nihongo.com/bbs/user/res/1/233.html

sato777
質問者

お礼

• Willyt
  • ベストアンサー率25% (2858/11131)
回答No.1

green は使いますよ。他には chicken などとも言います。 wet behind the ears という言い方もあります。牧畜民族らしいですよね。家畜の赤ちゃんの耳の後ろはぬれているのだそうです。

sato777
質問者

お礼

関連するQ&A

• the比較級,the比較級の文章について

こんにちは^^ 僕は、この構文についてなんでもかんでもthe more, the moreとやってはいけないと教わりました。 たとえば、 The more information we have,the less uneasy we feel. この文ではthe more が使われてるわけですが、 これは元の文がWe have much information...とmuchが使われているのでその比較級であるmoreが文頭に来たと解釈できますね。 ということは、元の文にmanyやmuchが使われていたらmoreが使われる可能性があるということですよね。 しかし、次に記す文は、 元の文にmanyやmuchが出てこないはずなのにthe moreと使われています。これはなぜなのでしょうか? The more used you are to using personal computers,... これは、パソコンに慣れればなれるほど・・・という意味ですよね。 この元の文を考えた場合、 You are used to using personal computers. となるはずですが、muchやmanyが入っていないのにthe moreと書かれています。 回答待ってます。

• そんな時間がないかもね、の言い方

たとえば、この本お勧めだから読んでみて!と友達に言ったものの、 「でもあなたは忙しいから、そんな時間がないかもしれないね」 so you are so busy. you maybe can't have such any time. 自分ではこう英訳してみたのですが、 maybe の使い方がなんとなくしっくりきません。 maybeはあまりネイティブは使わないと聞いたことがあるのですが・・ もっといい表現てあるでしょうか? もしありましたら教えてください。お願いします。

• 英語を日本語に訳してください

英語を日本語に訳してください 中国人です。以下の文、日本語で話したいですが、自然な日本語が話したいです。 でも中国語を理解するのは難しいと思うんで、同じ意味を持ってる英語を日本語に訳しよう。 文: 「Are you with some problem? まさか you even don't know what I want yet?I have told you exactly, I let you not to spread out, that would make both her and I feel shy. But you didn't hear to me, you kept on spreading out. Do you know it is too much hurt to her? Are you still human being? Do you still have conscience!? If you still have coscience, please apologize to her. I will say it again, it is also the last time, I am speaking to you seriously, so don't spread out it any more!」 英語御上手に話す方お願いします。

• 和訳が知りたいです。

インドの方からのメールですが訳が知りたいのです。 最後のkeep writing とはどのような意味があるのでしょうか? Dearest friend Thanks to your wishes, we watched aurora during the last day. Expressions, goodness of heart and good friendship is never constraint by any language. The day we met, I wished I knew more Japanese because both Pragya (the gal) and myself wanted to talk to you so much more. So we are really sorry as well that we don't know Japanese. Actually, in my heart, I really feel so inspired to you all guys that you have stick to your own culture and language. I wish we Indians loved our own language as much as you do. Photograph came out really well. Thanks for sending it. We have couple of Japanese friends and from them we know we really love Japanese people. Culture wise they are so close to Indians. Japanese preserved ashes of our great leader Subash Chandra Bose in their Japanese temple for so many decades. Japanese help this leader build his army to free India. So we always feel thankful to Japan. Some of our best movies have famous songs shot in Japan with Japanese words. 'Sayonara' word became so famous in India. When in 50-60's Japan had to give away their leader to British was a war hero, whole India had cried over that incident. My parents still remember that incident and keep telling me about that. Japan Suzuki brought in the car revolution for India and still is a market leader. So we are very well connected with Japan. I can understand how much shocking it might have been for you to go back to Japan. Japan has suffered so much in last 50 years. They are such a peaceful nature but still have suffered so much. It is very unfortunate. I am sure Japan will revive. I can tell you whole of India's wishes are with you guys. You all have so much energy, patience and strong will. I am glad that your near dear ones and house is safe. Please say my wishes to your family. Keep writing.

• この"Offer"にはどういう意味がこめられているんでしょうか。

You are a wonderful woman and have so much to offer. この最後の文章"Offer"にはどういう意味がこめられているのでしょうか。 文庫本で目にして気になりました。教えてください。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I do not believe that you should have to ask someone not to pick their nose while they are holding you, much less have to do so repeatedly. https://slate.com/human-interest/2016/03/dear-prudence-i-want-out-of-my-marriage-and-my-church.html much less have to do so repeatedlyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 大学受験英文法

It is said that, when you teach people, you have to know more than three times as much as you are going to teach,… 人にものを教えるためには、教える内容の三倍以上は知っていなければならないといわれる。というのも… 元は英作文の問題です。解答例の倍数表現のところは全て as much as、になっていたのですがここに疑問があります。 knowに目的語が必要で as much 名詞(量) asとならないのでしょうか? as much asではmuchは副詞となってしまうのではないでしょうか? 基本的なことかもしれませんが宜しくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください

In email you don`t have the benefit of body language. All you have are words, so it`s important to learn how to use only your words very carefully to create your own email body language. When you learn this, you will be making a real connection - and that`s what good customer care is all about.

• 英語得意な方お願いします><

自分で書いて英語詞です よかったら感想ください>< the memory of spending it together it's seeming to disappear few how many things have i done that i wanted to do with you i believed what you said and thought that you would be back someday im still waiting you do you see how much i need you? you dont stay with me even if i wish so much even if i wanna hear your voice you dont let me do so but i cant dislike you everytime i part from you i hold my tears so you won't notice if i cried i wonder if you'd come back what can i do for you to come back here? im still looking for the answer do you see how much i need you? you always disappear from here so easily you dont tell me anything true it hurts this much but i cant dislike you i wonder if we could go back like befoe there's a me that's still expecting but the more i expect the more it becomes painful so much that i cry i know how much i want to see you i really need you

• どう訳せば・・

この文どうやくせばいいのですか? I am not worth worrying so much over . You are much to offer , you can do it . 教えてください。