• ベストアンサー

TOEICのテキストでイマイチ訳が分からないのですが、申し訳ありません

TOEICのテキストでイマイチ訳が分からないのですが、申し訳ありませんが、上手い訳をよろしくお願いします。 Lying by the side of the road we saw the wheel of a car. この前半のroadまではthe wheel of a carを修飾しているんでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

Lying by the side of the road, we saw the wheel of a car. とカンマを入れるとわかりやすいかもしれませんが、分詞構文という言い方です lying は接続詞を省略して ing で表します She was reading a book sitting in an armchair. =She was reading a book and was sitting in an armchair. 彼女は椅子に座りながら読書をしていた Feeling tired, I went to bed early. =Because I was tired, I went to bed early. 疲れたので早く寝た Having found a hotel, they looked for somewhere to have dinner. =After they found a hotel, they looked for somewhere to have dinner. ホテルを見つけてから夕食する場所を探した As(when) we lay by the side of the road, we saw the wheel of a car. 道路端に横たわって車のホイールを見た

その他の回答 (1)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.1

道端に横になって車のホイールを見た

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

Some people tried to keep off witches by painting signs on their houses, and others by nailing up a piece of iron, such as a houseshoe, over the door. Those sitting on the right side of the car watch their side of the road, and those on the left, theirs. よろしくお願いします!

• 会話文の訳

(1) A:The movie we saw last night was disappointing. B:I don't think much of it either. このB訳は、「私はどちらの映画もたいしたことなかったよ」 であっていますか? (2) A:How was today's examination? B:It was terrible because I could't prepare for it A:Why not? B:A friend of mine unexpectedly dropped by, and we were up late talking. A:今日の試験どうだった? B:準備してなかったので、きびしかったよ。 A:~ B:私たちの友達は期待外れで落とされたよ、そして~ 自分で訳を作ってみたのですが、~の部分がわかりません。 (3) Do you have free time today? この訳は、あなたはフリーな時間をもっていますか? であっていますか? (1)~(3)まで疑問です。 どなたか教えてください。

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳をチェックしてもらえないでしょうか?

One afternoon, as I walked over the fields preparing to do my work, I found a car parked at the side of the road. 「ある日の午後、私は仕事の準備をしている畑を歩き回っているときに、道の端に車が止まっていることに気づいた。」 preparing to do my work が後ろからhe fields を後置修飾、to do my workがpreparingの目的語として不定詞の名詞的用法と考えました。 ですが preparing to do my work を分詞構文の付帯状況と考えて 「私が仕事の準備をしながら畑を歩き回っているときに」 と訳しても意味が通じます。 分詞の後置修飾、分詞構文の区別の仕方がよくわかりません。

• 分詞

こんばんは。 いつもお世話になっております よろしくお願いいたします。 (1)We found a lot of fallen leaves on the road. という授業でやった文(写し間違えていたらすみません。)なのですがなぜleaves fallen on the road.ではないのでしょうか。分詞一語で修飾する場合は前から修飾しますが、他の語を伴う場合後ろから修飾すると習ったので。。 (2)She could make herself understood in English. なぜunderstand ではなくunderstoodなのでしょうか。 すみません、 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 訳がわかりません。。。お願いします。

訳の回答がなくてわかりません。簡単な訳でいいのでどなたかよろしくお願いします。 Stop for a moment and consider that we spend,on average,86% of our time communicating. For this reason,it is vitally important to have a full understanding of what communication is all about. This means understanding the basic principles that lead to good communication and the breakdown in communication that results when those basic principles are ignored.That is the aim of book. Communication occurs when people send and receive messages.A30-minute speech by a politician,a five-minute talk with a friend, a nod of the head or a wave of the hand are all examples of communication. We can communicate by speaking or by remaining silent. When we consider that communication plays such an extremely important part in our lives, it is perhaps surpring that our schools and colleges are unlikely to train us how to be better communicators. We learn about communication simply by doing it.大変長くてすいません。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• 英語の文法と訳

You shouldn't play golf during a thunderstorm; there's a chance of getting hit by lightning. 訳をお願いします。 また、 ; とは何を意味しているんでしょうか? あと、なんで、getting hitと言うふうに動詞が連続で続くんでしょうか? 辞書にも、 She got hit by a car. 彼女は車にはねられた。 とあります。 動詞は2回続けて書いてもいいんでしょうか?

• thatとoneについて

thatはthe+前出名詞を受けることが出来ます。またoneはa+前出名詞(可算)を受けることが出来ます。よって that=the one と書くことも出来ます。 ここまでは理解できたのですが、修飾に関して that of~{もしくは修飾語句}(of~がthatにかかる)○ the one of~{〃}(of~がoneにかかる)× と参考書にありました。なぜof{修飾語句}はthatにかかれてoneにかかることが出来ないのでしょうか?また、 a Japanese car ○ a car of Japanese × ともありました。同じような理由だと思うのですがはっきり分からないので、アドバイスお願いします!

• 訳でわからない部分があります。

あけましておめでとうございます。今年みなさんにとって良い一年でありますように! 早速ですが、テキストの問題をといていた時にどう訳していいかわからないものがありました。 The only animal I have ever seen is the mouse,even that I saw ―and touched― only by choice. 意訳では「私が見たことのある唯一の動物はそのネズミで、私がそうすることを選んだからこそ、見る、そして触ることができたのであった。」とあるのですが、 even that I saw ―and touched― only by choice. がわかりません。 どうして「選んだからこそ」「できたのであった」という訳がでてくるのでしょうか? よろしくおねがいします。