• ベストアンサー

ヘミングウェイのCat in the rainの翻訳で困ってます!!

明日発表があるんですが The sea broke in a long line in the rain and slipped back down the beach to come up and break again in a long line in the rain. の訳がどうしてもうまく訳せません。。 どなたかご教授お願いします・・・。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

発表会には間に合わなかったですね ヘミングウェイ表現が美しいので知られています。 海は水で満たされており、また雨も水です。 しかし、海岸に押し寄せる海の水は雨の水とは違い境界線ははっきりとしています。 The sea broke in a long line in the rain. 海は長い境界線で雨の中で分かれていた slip back down the beach 海岸に引いては押し寄せた slip back = 逆流する to come up (海岸に)寄せてくる 海は雨の中で長い境界線で分かれた 海は海岸に寄せてきては、また雨の中で長い境界線で分かれた

その他の回答 (1)

• googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.1

そぼふる雨の中を次から次へと押し寄せる大波が砕け散り、打ち寄せた波が浜辺から糸を引くように戻っては再び雨に打たれながら次から次へと押し寄せて砕け散った。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳希望です

翻訳をしていただけるかた、 お願いできますか? ミスがあるかもしれませんが、 よろしくお願いします。 What will become of it long term?, For this we need to move away from the ascendant, for the ascendant is the beginning of the chart and the background the long term period of the relationship. To get the further future and find how this deep love will unfold and end we must move to another part of the horoscope. Lets come to the seventh house next, His house of marriage and see what is revealed. The planets in this area of the horoscope can reveal if marriage/ a permanent relationship is a possibility, or it is more likely to break up.

• ヘミングウェイ CAT IN THE RAIN

ヘミングウェイのCAT IN THE RAINの中盤あたりにアメリカ人の妻が猫をitっていってたのが、急にkittyとよぶようになりました。これはどうしていきなり呼び方がかわったんでしょうか。どういう心情なのでしょうか?この話に詳しく何か考えがある人は回答ください。

• 翻訳お願いします

Kate hurriedly put on her old coat and took a lantern. She rushed out. Her mother watched , wondering if she would ever see Kate again. She thought of the trestle , high above the Des Moines River. The danger of crossing it was great even in the daytime when the weather was clear. Now , at night , in a storm , it would be frightening. Kate might easily fall through into the raging river below. To Kate , the farmhouse yard looked like a big bowl of water. The water was lapping over the track which went by the house. Kate had to climb the hill behind the house to a place where the tracks cut through. The tracks were not flooded there , and she ran along them to Honey Creek Bridge. Part of the bridge was still up. The rest of it hung down in the water. Kate could see the shine of the engine down there in the flooding river. She heard cries. Then she saw two of the four men from the helper engine. They were hanging desperately onto a piece of wood. It seemed that the other two men were lost. Cupping her hands around her mouth , she tried to shout above the sound of the flood and storm. “I'm going for help ,” she cried. “I have to flag down the express!” She watched them call back to her. Then she knew that they couldn't have heard her voice , for she couldn't hear theirs. With Honey Creek Bridge down , the only way to town was over the railroad trestle crossing the Des Moines River. She began to run along the creek toward it. When she saw the railroad trestle , she knew something of what she was in for. Wet and shining black above her , the trestle was shaking hard from the raging water. The river was now almost flooding its banks. The water was swirling close to the tracks on the trestle. The rain came down harder. Kate stopped to think. Was there any other way into town? No. Would anyone else know about Honey Creek Bridge collapsing? No , not anyone on the town side , where the express would come from. There was no one else. Only Kate. And if she didn't get there in time , a whole express train of people would plunge over the edge into Honey Creek. Hundreds of innocent people would be drowned. She had to do it.

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

well there is a girl i like... a lot...maybe even love and we were in a relationship but other people we telling me i was to clingy and she would break up with me so i seperated us some and she said she thought us dating each other made me uncomfortable so we broke up...now we are talking and she said all the reasons she like me before she still sees in me and i dont know if i should give up on the idea of us dating again??

• 翻訳お願いします

Dublin peopleという本を図書館から借りて読んでいるのですが意味がわからないところがが2箇所あったのでどういう感じで意味を解するのか教えてください 1つ目 Alone with the priest,Gerry had put on a serious facce the way other people put on a rain coat;temporarily,not considerinng it as anything to be worn in real life. 2つ目 She jumped out of bed and went to the sink in the corner.She didnt ash much;just gave herself what her mother called a lick and a promise. 1つ目は、ゲリーはお坊さんと一緒のとき他の人がレインコートを着るのと同じように顔をしかめた、一時、現実には着るということは考えなかった? 2つ目は、彼女は起き上がり、角にあるシンクのところへ行った。彼女は余り洗い物をしなかった、自分の母親に少しの約束をしたからだ?

• 翻訳して下さい!

下記の文の翻訳をお願いします! You can come in and shop in the store for your friends and family, for personal shopping reasons only. Unfortunately if you are purchasing to re-sell you cannot buy items. Once again I'm sorry for the sudden change it is a strict policy and must be followed.

• 翻訳お願いします

○○, I want to help you ahieve your dream of learning English. What kind of design do you like? I am planning to come to Japan in October. Are you planning to come to NYC again? If you do I will show you around. Otherwise see you in Tokyo. なんとなくしか分からなく、、、 よろしくお願いしますm(._.)m

• グーグルが翻訳してくれません。

グーグルが翻訳してくれません。 Happy Birthday and many happy days in a new year of yours! で切れてしまいます。Happy Birthday and many happy days in a new year of yours! May all your dreams come true! Even though we are miles away, it is good to know that you are always there! I wish you a long and amazing life. I wish you great health and excellent results in all your dealings. Most importantly, I wish you happiness without measure every minute in your life. Be loved, be happy, enjoy every day! Let all your fond dreams, hopes and expectations come true in your new year. You’re a miracle and a charm! (kiss) 何て書いてありますか?。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

By the time I'd slipped the ball and chain, I was heading down the road again I was heading for somewhere I shouldn't be. And I heard you shouting me who wait, Better turn back now or it's too late, 'Cos it's heading for the point of no return.

• 和訳をお願いします!

3 Two weeks later a fire broke out in the forest. The man ran down the hill as he had never run before in his life, until he jumped into the waters of a lake. 4 I do hope some chance will come soon which will make it possible for us to see each other again. 5 At 27,900 feet, a site was chosen for Camp Nine. A tent was set up, and Hilary and Tenzing remained there, while the others went down to Camp Eight. 6 Slowly it (=a mass of ice) slides down the mountain, and cuts deep valleys as it goes. At the foot of the mountain it melts to form steams which dash on through the valleys to great rivers that flow to the sea. お願いします!