• ベストアンサー

『fight that it got drug into』の意味について

『Perhaps he will fight against champion. If that's a fight that it got drug into, I think he got the advantage. 』  ボクシングに関する英文で、上記のような文が出てきたとします。 “もし・・・なら、彼の方が有利だ。”という文章だと思いますが、 『fight that it got drug into』の部分がよくわかりません。 分かる方がいましたら、教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • zatousan
  • ベストアンサー率55% (156/282)
回答No.1

こんにちは、 >If that's a fight that it got drug into まず、「100%」 drugは、スペルミスですね! drag(引きずり込む)の過去分詞はdraggedなんですが、 hangなど、過去分詞にすると、aがuになる英単語もありますので、ネイテブでも、dragの過去分詞がdrugだと覚え間違えたのでしょう。  *そして、get+過去分詞で受動態になり、 *getがgotと、過去形になっているのは、『仮定法』といって過去形を使うことによって現在の事実とは異なる仮定を述べているからです。 If that's a (sort of) fight that it got drug intoと解釈すれば、 もし、その(ような)戦いにその試合が引き刷り込まれたなら、 http://eow.alc.co.jp/got+dragged/UTF-8/ http://eow.alc.co.jp/hang/UTF-8/

tanten2009
質問者

お礼

早速の回答、ありがとうございます。 “drug”となっていたので、薬のことかと思いましたが“drag”だったんですね。 たいへん助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• feed into it

My husband and my mother had a good relationship before we were married. But since our wedding two years ago, he complains about her nonstop while pointing out ways that I am like her. My brothers feed into it too. feed into itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 【英語】blown up into something that it probably isn'tとは?

英マーガレットサッチャーさんの息子、マークサッチャー氏に関して、弁護士および友人が次のように述べています。 Lord Tim said Mann's conviction in Zimbabwe on what he described as relatively minor charges showed South Africa's case against Thatcher was weak. "This whole affair has been blown up into something that it probably isn't," the Thatcher friend told Reuters. さて、第一文の、「on」はどの単語を受けているのでしょうか?また、直後の「he」は誰を指すのでしょうか? また、表題の件ですが、どういう意味かわかりますか? ご回答願います。

• It is(was) ~thatの強調構文

以下の強調構文について質問があります。 (   )部分を強調しなさいという文です。 (1)He first met her (in Paris). (2)I will take my sister (to the bus station) tonight. それぞれ (1)It was in Paris that he first met her. (2)It is to the bus station that I will take my sister tonight. でしょうか。 それとも (1)It was Paris that he first met her. (2)It is the bus station that I will take my sister tonight. でしょうか。 日本語で考えると 「(1)彼が最初に彼女に会ったのは、パリでした。」 「(2)私が今晩妹を連れて行くのはバス停です」 ですよね。 でもそうすると、細かいのですが「in」と「to」を訳してないことになりますよね。 私が最初に考えた答えは、問題の指示通りにちゃんと「in」と「to」を残して(最初のほうの答えです)、日本語訳にするならば、上記のような感じで訳するのかなーと思ったのですが。。。。 どなたかお力を貸してください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• If that does it

I have been friends with “Jon” for four years. He’s a great guy but not my type. Four months ago Jon got drunk, confessed his undying love for me, and tried to kiss me. I gently rejected him and got someone else to sober him up. The next day, Jon apologized. I told him I valued our friendship and since then, our things have gone back to normal—but several of our mutual friends are pressuring me to give Jon a chance. They ignore my refusals and try to sell me on him. One got very angry when I started dating someone new and accused me of stringing Jon along. I was honest with Jon, and I have tried to be kind (I don’t complain to him about my love life or anything). I have asked Jon several times if we are OK, and he said yes, but all this interference from our friends has left me with doubts. Jon and I have plans to go to France this summer with another friend, and I have spent a lot of money on nonrefundable tickets. Should I ignore all this or press Jon for more details? —Pining I don’t think it’s Jon you need to speak to right now. It’s possible that he’s been pretending to be fine while secretly complaining to your friends, but that’s not at all certain, and the people whose behavior is bothering you right now are your mutual friends—so tell them to knock it off. “I’ve been very clear with Jon from the start that I care about him as a friend and I’m not interested in him romantically. I’m not stringing him along, but I’m also tired of your attempts to convince me I ought to want to be with him. I don’t know why you think it would be a good start to a romantic relationship for one party to have to be repeatedly talked into it. I certainly don’t. You need to stop.” If that does it, great! If that does itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• occurの意味とAnd it would occur that whenのitとthatの指すものは?

And his sons went and held a banquet at the house of each one on his own day; and they sent and invited their three sisters to eat and drink with them. And it would occur that when the banquet days had gone round the circuit, Job would send and sanctify them; and he got up early in the morning and offered up burnt sacrifices according to the number of all of them; for, said Job, “maybe my sons have sinned and have cursed God in their heart.” That is the way Job would do always. という英文を訳さねばなりませんが、この2文目の前半の訳し方を教えてください。occurの意味とその前後のitとthatの訳し方に苦戦してます。 宿題の説話の英訳ですが、聖書の一文のようです。 お願いします。

• that節の中に従属接続詞

that節の中に、従属接続詞は使えるのでしょうか。 例えば I think that he will help me if he is kind. もしくは I think that if he is kind , he will help me. 教えていただけますと助かります。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 文(句、節)を指すItとThat,Thisの違い

(4)前に出た句や節、文の内容をさす [ロイヤル英文法p.176] ・I'd like to go on a trip to Europe, but I cannot afford it. (=to go on a trip to Europe) ・Railroad service was suspended. They told me it was because of a landslide. (itは前文の内容) (3)this, that が先行する文(の一部)の内容をさす場合 [ロイヤル英文法p.197] ・To be or not to be : that is the question. ・They will surely help Tom. That will please his mother. ・"I've caught a cold."  "That's too bad." ・We see him taking a walk, but this isn't very often. It,That,Thisはセンテンス全体を指せるようですが、それぞれの違いはなんですか?

• 並び替え問題

a/that/will/he/think/good/be/teacher の並び替え問題thatが3番目、WILLが五番目 という答えでした。 he will think そのほかうまく繋がりません。 どなたか解りますか? それから when do you think he will come. を品詞にわけたり文型にわけるとどうなりますか? どこまでが主語か?何文型の文かよく解りません。 間接疑問はまだ先にやろうとしていたのですが、 どうしてもこの文が必要で書いて疑問に思いました。 どうか宜しくお願いします。

• 構文解釈をお願いします。

構文解釈をお願いします。 Look, I think I know what it is that's bothering you. 人気海外ドラマの一文です。 このthat'sは何でしょうか? 強調構文のthatでしょうか? しかし、that'sのような形は見たことがないです。 それとも、thatはwhat it isを指しているのでしょうか? そうすると、Look, I think what it is. That's bothering you.の様に二文に分けるか、等位接続詞を使う必要があると思います。

• I think that he is honest.

I think that he is honest. はなぜthat節中にwillがはいらないんですか?