• ベストアンサー

英文

ある海外のサイトであるスポーツのルールについて質問したら解答があり納得したんですがその一部が contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committedというのがあり私は文法的にはここのoccursはoccurrenceじゃないかなと疑問に思ったんですがすみませんが教えて下さい(T_T)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

検索したところ http://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=ja&source=hp&q=%22+contact+occurs+does+not+mean+a+foul+has+been+committed%22&btnG=Google+%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2&lr=&aq=f&oq= "The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed." という文ばかりヒットしましたが、元はこの文ではないのでしょうか?これなら問題ないのですが。 もしこれではなく、唐突に contact occurs does not mean ... という文ならば、"contact occurs" does not mean ... と考えればいいのでは。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• ilikeit
  • ベストアンサー率30% (9/30)
回答No.1

全文を見なければ確定はできませんが、cntactとoccursの間で関係代名詞の省略が起こっていると考えれば納得できませんか?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。3

It doesn't make sense to argue that processing in the short-term store occurs before contact has been made with long-term memory. In contradiction of the assumptions of the multi-store model, learning can probably occur without conscious awareness of what has been learned.

• 下記の英文について教えてください

Xi Jinping does not want to be tarred with the same brush that Putin has globally. as Putin となっていれば、分かりやすいのですが。普通はこの形だと思います。 Putin has been tarred with globally ということですか?何が省略されているのか等、構造がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

契約書の一部です so deposited or contributedがよくわかりません・・・・ 翻訳をお願いします but does not include any software that has been previously so deposited or contributed.

• 下記の英文で質問があります

いつもお世話になります。 下記の英文の文法で理解できないところがあります。 どなたか教えていただけると大変助かります。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 英文はとある参考書にあった例文です。 1.Tom shouldn't have told Lita about her birthday party because it was supposed to have been a surprise. → to have been a surprise は to be a surprise ではだめなのですか? 文法的におかしいですか? 2.The principal will be absent next week because he has to attend a conference. → because he has to attend a conference の部分はなぜ現在形(現在完了ですが)なのですか?he will attend じゃないかと思ったのですが。 3.The repairs on my car may not have been completed if i go to the dealer before 3 o'clock tomorrow. →may not have been completedはmay not be complered でいいのではないかと思ったのですが、文法的におかしいですか? 以上です。

• 次の英文の意味を教えてください。

(1)Nominal conditions does not require so much for filters, however the risk of important leakage of heating loop has been considered. (2)these filters conditions of use are smooth なんとなくイメージはわかるのですが、うまい日本語訳がでてきません。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文を訳してください。

I have been thinking about this question for some time. As a matter of fact, one user of the Q&A site Quora asked the same question, “What does it mean to be Japanese?” With your permission, I would like to present to you the following link: https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-be-Japanese As you can see, the question has been given answers on Quora, but they are written in English. Furthermore, there are less than one million Japanese users out of more than one hundred million users. As a result, questions about Japan are more likely to be answered by Americans, British, Canadians, Chinese, Germans, Indians, South Koreans, etc. Being able to write English skillfully is a requirement, but I believe that there is a Quora Japanese Language Version now. That is why this Canadian would like to ask Japanese who were born and raised in Japan this question: what does it mean to be Japanese? • If I put this question into the wrong category, then I apologize.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようと思っています。いろいろと質問をしたら返事がきました。なんとなくはわかりましたが詳しい方意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 thank you for contacting us. We kindly inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible department. You will be contacted in case of interest. Do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. With best regards,

• 英文の訳ついて

高校英語の長文問題精講についての質問です a reform whether small or large does not destroy the complete existing system という英文なのですが、回答では訳が 「規模の大小を問わず、改革は既存の秩序を完全に破壊することはない。」 とあります。 ここで、形容詞conpleteはsystemを修飾しているのに、解答ではdestroy にかかっています。 この訳は自然な日本語になるかもしれませんが、文法的に納得がいきません。 なぜこの訳が認められるのでしょうか? 回答お願いします。

• 和訳の仕方が分かりません

教えてください! Although the Japanese language has a system of politeness that requires a pack of appropriate politeness levels,this does not mean that the Japanese are always polite.

• 比較級を含む英文の書き方について

先日、解いていた英作文の問題に、「今日ほど世界平和の必要が痛切に感じられることはいまだかつてなかった」を訳す問題があったのですが、解答は、 The importance of world peace has never been as keenly felt as it is today. となっていました。ここで、質問なのですが、as~asの比較級の中に動詞の一部(felt)を入れてよいのでしょうか?入れてもいいならばそれはなぜでしょうか?また、 The importance of world peace has never been felt as keenly as it is today. という英文では減点されるのでしょうか? 以上の質問に答えていただけると非常に助かります。お願い致します。