(307) You yourself……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか

このQ&Aのポイント
  • お前自身は、船出の時期が来るのを待って、その時がきたら、お前の速い船を海に引っ張り出して、その中に都合のよい積み荷をきっちり積みなさい。そうすれば、お前は家に利益をもたらすことができる。お前の父のように、馬鹿なペルセースは、十分な生計がなかったため船に乗り、航海していた。
  • 彼は大きく広い海を渡ってこの場所にたどり着いた。彼はアイオリアのキュメを出発し、富や財産ではなく、ゼウスが人々に負わせるひどい貧困から逃れた。そして彼はヘリコンの近くの極貧の村、アスクラに定住した。この村は冬には悪く、夏には暑く、いつでも良い場所ではなかった。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

(307) You yourself……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか

(307) You yourself……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか (1)You yourself wait until the season for sailing is come, and then haul your swift ship down to the sea and stow a convenient cargo in it, so that you may bring home profit, even as your father and mine, foolish Perses, used to sail on shipboard because he lacked sufficient livelihood. (2)And one day he came to this very place crossing over a great stretch of sea; he left Aeolian Cyme and fled, not from riches and substance, but from wretched poverty which Zeus lays upon men, and he settled near Helicon in a miserable hamlet, Ascra, which is bad in winter, sultry in summer, and good at no time. 次の文章は“Works and Days” by Evelyn Whiteの一節です。 (1)(2)(3)は連続した文章です。 試し訳と語彙について質問します。 (1)You yourself wait until the season for sailing is come, and then haul your swift ship down to the sea and stow a convenient cargo in it, so that you may bring home profit, even as your father and mine, foolish Perses, used to sail on shipboard because he lacked sufficient livelihood. お前自身は、船出の時期が来るのを待って、(そして)その時がきたら、お前の速い船を海に引っぱり出して、その中に都合のよい積み荷をきっちり積みなさい。 そうすれば、お前は家に利益をもたらすことが出来る。お前の父のように、私の、馬鹿なペルセースよ、彼は十分な生計に欠乏して、よく、船に乗って航海したものだ <質問> (a) You yourself wait until the season for sailing is comeについて     これは、前後の文脈から命令文と考えられる。     until文の場合、the season be comeです。 when the season comes でよいと思うのですが、なぜ、 be +過去分詞comeとなったのでしょうか。こういう慣用でしょうか。 (辞書の例文があるでしょうか) (b) even as your father and mine, foolish Perses, used to sail on shipboardについて mineはmine foolish Persesと考えました。 主文はeven as father, used to sail on shipboard この読み方は正しいでしょうか (c) because he lacked sufficient livelihood. lacked sufficient livelihoodという語があります。      直訳は「十分な生計に不足して」となるが、普通の表現ではない。      lackを「(十分な生計に)困る」と訳せるでしょうか。           (辞書に例文があると良いが見当たらない) (2)And one day he came to this very place crossing over a great stretch of sea; he left Aeolian Cyme and fled, not from riches and substance, but from wretched poverty which Zeus lays upon men, and he settled near Helicon in a miserable hamlet, Ascra, which is bad in winter, sultry in summer, and good at no time. そして、ある日、彼は大きく広い海を超えてこの地にやってきた。彼はアイオリス人の(住む)キーメー(サイム)を後にして、逃げた。富や財産からではなく、ゼウスが人間に負わせた惨めな貧困からであった。そして彼はヘリコン(山)の近くの極貧の小村、アスクラAscraに住んだ。そこは冬は(天候が)悪く、夏は蒸し暑く、良い時はない。 備考;Cume; Cyme (sī'mē), ancient Greek city of W Asia Minor, on the Ionian Sea and N of the present Smyrna in W Asian Turkey. <質問> 特に設けない。ためし訳だけの質問です 訳し方は、例えば。「冬は寒過ぎ、夏は暑すぎる]などの訳もあると思うが、 辞書の代表的な定義により訳した。

noname#171580
noname#171580
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

昔の文法と今の文法が変わらないとすれば、受身文と取る以外に文法的な解釈はできない。能動態に直して考えると until the season for sailing is come (by you yourself) ↓ until you (yourself)come the season for sailing come=他動詞 1. Chiefly Brit.to do; perform; accomplish. http://dictionary.infoplease.com/come ↓ "until you (yourself)accomplish the season for sailing" 観念的な文章になるが until the season for sailing comes until the season for sailing is to come と訳しても差し障りはないと思われる。 stow a convenient cargo in it 適切な → 必要な品物だけを船に積み込みなさい。 even as your father and mine, foolish Perses, used to sail on shipboard because he lacked sufficient livelihood. even as your father and mine used to sail on shipboard が趣旨の文章と考える。 愚か者の Persesよ、調度あんたの親父と私の荷物が甲板の上で航海をよくしたように(と言うのもあんたの親父は生計を立てるお金ですら十分でなかったため) http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&stype=1&dtype=1&p=deck

noname#171580
質問者

お礼

回答を読んで。 なかなか、難しい文章です。   指摘された問題点を整理してみますと、   次の3点が有るようです。 (1)even as your father and mine used to sail on shipboardについて    mine;my cargo  shipboard;deck(Yafoo.dic) (2)stow a convenient cargo in it convenient;必要な (3)until the season for sailing comes →until the season for sailing is to come →come; to do, perform, accomplish (infoplease) ありがとうございました。 

関連するQ&A

• (283)Else, afterwards……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか

(283) Else, afterwards, you may chance to be in want, and go begging to other men's houses, but without avail; as you have already come to me. But I will give you no more nor give you further measure. Foolish Perses! Work the work which the gods ordained for men, lest in bitter anguish of spirit you with your wife and children seek your livelihood amongst your neighbours, and they do not heed you. Two or three times, may be, you will succeed, but if you trouble them further, it will not avail you, and all your talk will be in vain, and your word-play unprofitable. Nay, I bid you find a way to pay your debts and avoid hunger. <試し訳と質問> 前記の例文の順を追って、段落ごとに、試し訳と字句の解釈について、質問します。よろしくお願いします。 (1) Else, afterwards, you may chance to be in want, and go begging to other men's houses, but without avail; as you have already come to me. さもないと、以前、お前は私のところに(頼みに)来た事があるように、今後、お前は貧乏をして、そして、他人の家に頼みに行くことがあっても、効き目はないぞ。 <質問> (a) as you have already come to me.について    この文はyou may chanceに掛かる副詞句で、 文頭に置きました。正しいでしょうか。 (b) may chance toについて   you may chance to (be in want, and) go begging として、 ( )を外し、you may chance to go beggingと考えて良いでしょうか (2) But I will give you no more nor give you further measure.    だが、私はお前に量りものを更に多く与えたり、今後も続けて与えたりする つもりはない。 (3) Foolish Perses! Work the work which the gods ordained for men, lest in bitter anguish of spirit you with your wife and children seek your livelihood amongst your neighbours, and they do not heed you. 愚か者のペルセースよ。神々が人間に運命づけた仕事をするのだ。(そして) お前が妻や子供たちと共に、隣り近所に頼み歩いて、お前たちの生活の 糧を求めても、誰もお前たちを助けてくれないという精神的苦痛のないように するのだ。 (4) Two or three times, may be, you will succeed, but if you trouble them further, it will not avail you, and all your talk will be in vain, and your word-play unprofitable. 二度や三度なら、お前たち(の懇願)はうまくいくかも知れないが、もし、お前が 更に、彼らに迷惑をかけるとすれば、それは、お前の為にならないし、お前の 話は全て無駄であり、お前の口上は役に立たないだろう。 <質問> (a) all your talk will be in vain and your word-play unprofitableについて all your talk will be in vain and your-word-play (will be) unprofitable と解釈しました。正しいでしょうか。 (b) your-talk, your-word-play; 合成語が二つあります。    これは、お前の話、お前の口上としました。    気持ちとしては、「お前の舌先三寸はもはや通用しない」と感じます。     これは正しいでしょうか。 (5) Nay, I bid you find a way to pay your debts and avoid hunger. いや、私はお前が自分の債務を返し、飢えを凌ぐ方法を見出すように命じる。 <感想> この文は、I bid ( you find……)という構成ですが、‘your debts’ ‘I bid’ という語から、ペルセース(弟)はヘーシオドス(兄)から相当の借金をしている らしい。「それを返さないうちは、お前のいうことは、一切、聞かない」という気持ちが読みとれて、bidの訳語が難しい。

• (277) But do you ……この英文はどう訳せばよいでしょうか

(277) But do you turn your foolish heart altogether away from these things, and, as far as you are able, sacrifice to the deathless gods purely and cleanly, and burn rich meats also, and at other times propitiate them with libations and incense, both when you go to bed and when the holy light has come back, that they may be gracious to you in heart and spirit, and so you may buy another's holding and not another yours. [試し訳] しかし、こうしたことから、お前の馬鹿げた心の向きを変えるのだ。 そして、お前は出来る限り、純粋かつ明瞭に、不死の神に奉納を捧げ、 同時に、美味い肉を焼くのだ。 そうでない時は、お神酒や焼香でもって、更に、お前が床に就く時や聖なる 明かりが戻って来た時、彼らの機嫌をとるのだ。 そうすれば、彼らは心理的にも精神的にもお前に慈悲深くなり、 それに続いて、(お前は)他人が持ち物、お前が持っていない物を買うことが 出来るかもしれない。 [質問] (1)But do you turn your foolish heart altogether away from these things,について 「こうしたこと(三つの罪)から、お前の馬鹿げた心の向きを変えるのだ」。 →「心の向きを変える」とは、「悪事に興味や関心を持たないようにする」 というでしょう。 ここに、微妙な表現の違いがあります。 非生物主語にも見られるように、このような発想の違いの原因はどのように 説明されているのでしょうか。どうしても、このこうした言い方に馴染めません。   回答者はどのように感じておられるでしょうか。 (2)when the holy light has come backについて    朝の意味であろうと思いますが、明けの明星、暁、陽が昇った後    が考えられますが、「陽が昇った後」と考えてよいでしょうか。 (3)that they may be graciousについて    このthatはso thatの略でよいでしょうか。 (4)and so you may buyについて   (and so;続いて) you may beという解釈でよいでしょうか

• すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。

すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。 宜しくお願いいたします。 ↓ how are you! hope you are fine and in good health!!! o I see english is difficult for you. But no problem I can teach you :) O! you are going to Morocco. Take care of yourself. Hope to see you soon in Yemen. no I don`t but we will speak when you come to Sanaa. yours

• You didn't hurt yourself.

NHKラジオ英会話講座より Mike: I fell off my board, and tumbled around in the water. Harumi: Wow! I hope you didn't hurt yourself. 晴美:え~っ! 怪我しなかったのよね。 (質問)You didn't hurt yourself.でお尋ねします。 直訳すると「あなたはあなた自身を怪我させなかった」となり、何となく違和感を感じます。 「hurtが他動詞だから目的格が必要なのでyourselfを使った。」とも考えましたが・・。hurtには自動詞もありますね。you didn' hurt.では間違いですか?自動詞/他動詞を考える上で、何かヒントが得られないかと思い、お尋ねしました。よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• 代名詞

1)Come near the fire and warm (). ()には代名詞が入るんですが何が入るかわかりません。。 2)This telephone does not belong to us. =This telephone is () (). 3)Did you enjoy yourself at the concert last night? =Did you have () () () at the concert last night? 4)Please help (me/you/yourself) to the ice cream. どれかを選ぶ問題です。 以下和訳問題です。 5)He says one thing and means another. 6)He makes mistakes, and that very often. 7)A glass of cold water made her come to herself. これはcome以下が訳せませんでした; よろしくお願いします<(_ _)>

• 英文の日本語訳が合っているかどうか

You might find yourself in the minority, but have confidence in yourself and have the courage to put your beliefs into action. You might find yourself in the minority,/    あなたは気がつくと少数の中にいるかもしれない but have confidence in yourself / and have the courage to put your beliefs into action. しかし自分に自身を持て そして勇気を持て あなたの信念を実行に移すための あなたは気がつくと少数の中にいるかもしれない、しかし自分自身に自身をもて、そしてあなたの信念を実行に移すための勇気を持て この英文を日本語訳にしてみたのですがこれで大丈夫でしょうか?

• (308) But you,……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか

(ll. 641-645) But you, Perses, remember all works in their season but sailing especially. Admire a small ship, but put your freight in a large one; for the greater the lading, the greater will be your piled gain, if only the winds will keep back their harmful gales. 次の文章は“Works and Days” by Evelyn Whiteの一節です。 (1)(2)は連続した文章です。 試し訳と語彙について質問します。 <試し訳> (1)(ll. 641-645) But you, Perses, remember all works in their season but sailing especially.しかし、(お前)ペルセースよ、こうし時季の仕事は何でも(ちゃんと)覚えておけ。 (2)Admire a small ship, but put your freight in a large one; for the greater the lading, the greater will be your piled gain, if only the winds will keep back their harmful gales. 小さな船(の時は)いぶかることだ。そして(しかし)、お前の積み荷は大きな船に積め。より多く荷を積めば、そのより大きさが、多量の利益となるからである。もしかすると、ただでさえ、風が危険な暴風を避けてくれると良いが。 <質問> ここは、辞書を引いたのですが、言葉が適切かどうか、自信がありません。 ちょっと、見ていただきたいと思います。 (a)admire; 通常は賞賛、褒める意味; ここは「いぶかる」(心配、気を使う?) (b) a large one;船のこと (c) for the greater the lading; if文であり「もし、より多く積み荷をすれば」 (d) will be your gain;お前の利益となる(だろう。) (e) will keep back their harmful gales;防止、避ける 備考;admire; marvel; To marvel at something. Often used with at. (the free dic) → いぶかる。

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 身体の内容だと思いますので、 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 You were born with the sun in Virgo. You are capable of unconditional love, seldom asking anything in return which can make for a very tragic suffering, lingering love relationship, or a very wonderful one. Much will depend whether this relationship can come out in the open, and be built into a practical world. Or if it has to remain in the shadows of dreams like a secret. Modest and reserved, you give too much, dutiful and serving, you tend to subordinate yourself to your soul mate, you try to be all that he wants you to be, the perfect lover, partner, friend, you tend to put up with things that are not exactly how you would wish them t be for the sake if a dream of how they will be, or could be in the future.

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 再投稿ですが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Shyness with the opposite sex. Restraint in expressing your emotional, personal feelings and needs. You have much physical love to give and share and are not prudish. But the dictates of the heart are often suppressed by a fear of making demands or seeming too weak and needy for love. You area giver not a taker in love and you like your love affairs to be emotionally tidy. O have their own place in his life, you don’t let your emotions or dream spill over messily into his life. You keep things tidy you make no demands you are enchanted by the dream of love but are also, a realist in matters of love, The idealism and dream is just the coating you put on the reality. Inside yourself you are a hard task master and the soul mate has to meet to many special requirements, and has to be a unique man to win your heart. He needs to shine out or he is not good enough for you. Unless you can have your mate or ideal partner, you tend to sacrifice happiness, or prefer a life of freedom and inwardly reconcile yourself to spinsterhood. This is preferable to you, to being tied to someone in a marriage that is less than love; or who is not him.. Having tasted paradise, nothing else is good enough.

• I can talk to you and laugh and hold you at night if that is ok with you.

男性からもらったメールなんですが、どのようなこといっているのかわかりません。教えてください how was your day i hope well i would like to be there one day when you come so i can talk to you and laugh and hold you at night if that is ok with you. i would like to capture you r heart and give you mine.どうすごしてる?私はいつかあなたがここへくるとき・・・・?なんかちょっとへんなことを言っているのかな・・・すみません教えてくださいおねがいします。