• 締切済み

このit wasは何の事でしょうか。

(家でごたごたがあって娘が家出して、両親は離婚しそうになります。 でも母親が今度パーティーを主催するので、それをきっかけに家族で再スタートをきろうと言います。 でもそのパーティーに行ったら、母が別の男性と不倫している事が発覚して娘は激怒し、みんなの前でそれをバラしてしまいます。) その後、 - You said you wanted us to be a family again. - I do. But... Honey...this whole party was to show you that our life could be like it was. You could move back home.We could be a family again. our life could be like it was.は、 "私達の生活が~のようになれる"という事ですよね? このit wasが何の事だかわかりません。 どういう意味なんでしょうか? そしてその後の、 You could move back home. We could be a family again.は、 あなたが家に戻ってくれたら、また家族に戻れるというのは if you could~,we could~とはならないのでしょうか。 レベル低くて申し訳ないですが、よろしくお願いします。

みんなの回答

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.3

面白い文章ですね!質問者の文から推測すと、thisの節が娘の言葉にもどり、バカなことするから・・・もう一度、皆でやり直せるたはずなのに・・・全てがお仕舞いじゃない・・となるのでしょうが・・もし、 - You said you wanted us to be a family again. が娘さんの言葉であり、そして、下記の全文が、それに答える母の言葉であったとしたら・・ - I do. But...Honey...this whole party was to show you that our life could be like it was. You could move back home. We could be a family again. 娘:You said you wanted us to be a family again. お母さんが私たちにもう一度、家族として出直したいといったんじゃないの! 母:I do. But...Honey...this whole party was to show you that our life could be like it was. You could move back home. We could be a family again. その通りよ・・・ハニー・・・このパーティは、私達の生活が有るがままで有り得ることを貴方に見せるために開いたの。貴方は間違いなく家に戻れるのよ!私達は家族に戻れるはずよ! this whole party was to show you that our life could be like it was. を現在形に直すと、 this whole party is to show you that our life can be like it is. に成る筈です。とすると ’like it is’ は ’as it is’と同じセンスで’其のまま’から転じて'有るがまま’と訳せるのでは? itの文法的解釈は 英英文法書によるとempty subujet(空の主語?)と言い 天気、時間、温度、距離、今の現状を表す際に意味を成さないit を主語として使う。 例題 It's ten o'clock. It's Monday. It rained for three days. It's ten miles to the nearest petro station. It's terrible - everybody's got colds, and the central heating isn't working. Wasn't it loverly there! 上記のitと同じ使い方と同じと考えます。 our life could be like it was は was able to be like it was canの出来る、出来ない、の過去形と考えます。 所が、下記の2文は You could move back home. We could be a family again. 仮定法に似た構文と確実ではないが多分有り得るだろう と言う場合に使えるとしています。 1.would be ableの代わりとしてcouldを仮定法で使える 例題: You could get a better job if you spoke a foreign language. 2.出来たはずなのに・・と批判をこめたような場合で使える 例題: You could ask me before you borrow my car. 3.未来の事柄を述べ、確実ではないが、多分、そうなる。と言うときに使える 例題:  It could be rain later this evening. War could break out any day. そうすると、上記が母さんの発言とすると、批判ではない、仮定法でもないはず。3番の私たちは家族に成れる筈よ!と訳すのでは?

2009mimi
質問者

補足

こんにちは。 丁寧な説明をどうもありがとうございます。 母は間違いなく娘に帰ってきて欲しいと思っています。 you could,we couldの文がcanではなくなぜcouldなのでしょう。 そして、you could~で提案する時にも使いますよね? ~したらいかが?のように、 家に戻ってきたらどう?=家に戻ってきて!! というのはこの文では適切ではないですか?? この場合のcouldはやはり、 (If you wanted)You could move back home.でしょうか?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • Oubli
  • ベストアンサー率31% (744/2384)
回答No.2

1)itはour lifeを受けた代名詞だと思います。 私たちの人生は、それ(私たちの人生)が過去にそうだったようなものになれる(戻れる)かもしれない。 2)You could move back home.もIf you wantedなどが省略された仮定法の帰結節だと思います。

2009mimi
質問者

補足

話の流れから明らかなのでifが省略されてるわけですね。 どうもありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • wathavy
  • ベストアンサー率22% (505/2263)
回答No.1

Honey...this whole party was to show you that our life could be like it was. ですが、 Honey...this whole party was to show you that our life could be like the life originally was. つまり、”前の家族の生活”の様になる ことを示そうとしているパーティーなんです。 You could move back home.We could be a family again. は、2つの別々な文です。 帰ってきて頂戴。 家族に戻れるわ。 というような、実際にありそうな話方を使ったと思います。 脚本の書き方の問題であって、おっしゃるように、if ~ We ~ のような書き方であっても良かったでしょうが、たまたま、 文章をぶつぶつちょん切る手法で書いたということで、深い意味は無いと思います。

2009mimi
質問者

補足

こんにちは。 回答ありがとうございます。 "前の家族の生活"という事は、"以前のような家族の生活に戻れるということをあなたに見せるためのパーティーだった、 と母は言いたいわけですね。 その後のYou could,.We couldの文は、canにしたらどう違いますか?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• who it was who made them

it would be extremely interesting if we could always find out who it was who made them. 作り出すのがだれであるかがわかれば、さぞおもしろいでしょう。 新しい言葉の話なのですが、who it was who made them.の構成がよく分かりません。 作り出すのがだれ who made themで充分に思えます。 お願いします。

• Say it was...の意味について

下記の文章の「Say it was 500mb」どのようなニュアンスの言い回しなのでしょうか? 「たとえば500mbだったとしましょう」のような「もし仮に」的なものなのでしょうか? That depends on the alloted space your hosting allows. Say it was 500mb. the biggest file you could upload would have to be 500mb or less.

• このitはどこを指して言っているのかわかりません。

このitはどこを指して言っているのかわかりません。 北米在住です。 今回私の事情でどうしても日本へ帰国しなければならない(私の夢のため)ので3年お付き合いしていた彼に別れのメールをしました。 好きのまま別れたので未練のある書き方になってしまったけれど彼と色々ありこういった書き方になりました。 その私の一部内容ですが。 I remember first we met and I felt like emotionally accessible to each other. I thought that this was the last love in my life. Before now,I'm sorry to be so much trouble. I still like you. but I have to go to give it up on love. But I don't have to force myself to hate you, right? We are destined never to meet again. sad, but true.. But someday I wish time will solve the problem. I wish you all the best from far sky. Goodbye and Thank you. と書きました。 そして彼からのメールの返信で。 Please don't hate me, and I won't hate you. It just wasn't meant to be. Goodbye. と来ました。 私はメールで私たちは二度と会えない運命と書いたのですがどうして彼の返信はIt just wasn't meant to be.なんでしょうか? 同意してくれたのだから、wasn'tではなくwasを使うと思うのです。 それともこのItは私達の関係のことを指して「もともとそうなるものではなかった」と言っているのでしょうか? それとも他の意味? よかったら教えていただけませんか? よろしくお願い致します。

• 意味を教えて下さい(英文)

We all have our past and things we've went through. However, we met each other in our current life. Connecting with you in the sky. I will not be able to never love like that again. There is no love between you and me all over the world if it is loveless.

• 和訳をお願いしたいです・・・

先日ハマった曲です 和訳をしていただけたら嬉しいです(;_;) 歌詞: Day by day We have lost our edge Don’t you know ? Forgotten is the life we led Now it seems You don’t care what the risk is The peaceful times have made us blind Can’t look back They will not come back Can’t be afraid It’s time after time Once again i’m hiding in my room The peaceful times have made us blind So you can’t fly if you never try You told me… Oh, long ago But you left the wall Out side the gate So more than ever, it’s real It was like a nightmare It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember the day of grief Now it’s strange for me I could see your face I could hear your voice Remember the day we met It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember a day we dreamt It’s painful for me I could see your face I could hear your voice Song for reluctant heroes Oh Give me you strength Our life is so short Song for reluctant heroes I wanna be brave like you From my heart Song for reluctant heroes Oh Give me you strength Our life is so short Song for reluctant heroes I wanna be brave like you Can’t look back They will not come back Can’t be afraid It’s time after time Once again I’m hiding in my room The peaceful times have made us blind So you can’t fly if you never try You told me… Oh, long ago But you left the wall Out side the gate Out side the gate So more than ever, it’s real It was like a nightmare It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember the day of grief Now it’s strange for me I could see your face I could hear your voice Remember the day we met It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember a day we dreamt It’s painful for me I could see your face I could hear your voice It was like a nightmare It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember the day of grief Now it’s strange for me I could see your face I could hear your voice Remember the day we met It’s painful for me Because nobody wants to die too fast Remember a day we dreamt It’s painful for me I could see your face I could hear your voice

• どなたか和訳をお願い致します

I read your words. I wish we had a sweeter reunion. I just wanted to hold you close and love you. It was such a simple hope. That is how I feel. But I am still happy we met. I would like to meet you again if you wish to visit here again. I just got back here today. The truth is I miss you. But if we spend another evening together, please lets make it pure..and sweet. Especially the next time. If you would like to visit me here again and spend the night I welcome it. I could meet you here again like the place we were at before. I am free from 8pm. Infact.. If you want to meet me tomorrow (Tuesday) I would welcome it. I have a gift for you from my travels. I also miss you.

• It was like to be in a....

英語の表現に困っています。今日はとても暑かった。まるでオーブンレンジのなかにいるようだったよ。 と表現したいのですが、いまいちわかりません。 It was like to be in a ovenですか?it seemedのほうがいいのでしょうか? 正しい訳など教えてください。

• 和訳

Sorry, we don't like disputes hanging over our heads, so it was refunded. However, you can still place another order, but unfortunately it is still not in yet. mikegyver.com/blog Please follow our progress there. I would ask for you either like our Facebook page or keep checking back, then place order when it is in stock. We WILL ship ASAP if you choose express shipping. Again Sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying as hard as we can to get it to come in faster, but some things we can't control 誰か和訳お願いします。 宜しくお願い致します。

• このitは?

こんにちは、 It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. このitは、形式主語でしょうか? それとも状況のitでしょうか? It's hot!とかのitですか? よろしくお願い致します。

• Home. They say once gone,

Home. They say once gone, you can never return.But what about those like me? Mourning the dust whose home was the road.No family with whom to share. Hammer and nail, we build our heaven.Room by room, our hell.And so now we build.What a magnificent structure it will be. こちらも殺人の置きた部屋を集めてきて一軒の家を建てようとする男のモノローグなのですが、どういう意味になりますでしょうか。このモノローグより前に「It is said that one can never go home again.」と言っているところがあって、ここと、冒頭の「Home. They say once gone, you can never return.」は同じことを指しているのでしょうか。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。