• ベストアンサー

和訳していただけますか?

翻訳本が出ないので、英語が堪能でもないのに、ある人の自伝を少しずつ洋書で読んでいます。 以下の文章がうまく訳せません。どなたかお知恵をお貸しください。 舞台は客のいないホテルのラウンジで、ハンスおじさんの頭はヘアクリームでべったり後ろに撫で付けられているので、髪の長さがよく判らないと著者は言っています。そして以下の文章です。 As long as the hair concealed in severe buns which in the rooms at night cascades free and soft right down the backs of the women I sometimes glimpse? 宜しくお願い致します。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.1

抜粋ですので正確なことはわかりませんが・・・ 「あの髪は、夜になるとその部屋で私がちらっと見かける女性たちの背中に垂れ下がってさらさらとなびく(昼は)頭の後ろでお団子のようにまとめられて隠されている髪と同じ長さなんだろうか?」 このような感じじゃないかなと思います。

dorefa
質問者

お礼

回答を、本当にありがとうございます。 なるほど!著者はこのホテル経営者の娘なので、お団子頭の女性のお客さんが夜に髪を解いた姿を過去に何度か見ていて、おじさんの頭もあんなふうな長さになるのだろうか?と思ったという事なのですね。訳を教えていただいた今、英文を読むと・・・む、難しい!前途多難な予感がします。でも絶対に読み終えます! 本当に感謝しております。ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.3

NO2の回答を無視して下さるようお願いします ~ which cascades free and softとcascadeを動詞として使っていますのでbunsの複数形を主語とはできないのに気がつきました。 cascadesに繋がるwhichは前文を受けていると考えるのが正しいようです。 As long as the hair concealed in severe buns which in the rooms at night cascades free and soft right down the backs of the women, do I sometimes glimpse? のイメージがな?とも思ったのですが・・・状況にあった意訳ができそうもなさそうです。 失礼しました。無視してください。

dorefa
質問者

お礼

fruchan様。 2度に渡り詳細なご説明をありがとうございます。この文章、なんかパズルを解くような感じで私には構造がよく判りませんでした。ですので色々考察してくださった文章を拝見して、勉強になりました。また、さまざまな髪の写真を紹介してくださり、大変楽しい思いをさせていただきました。本当に、ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

主文の主語がbunsで動詞がright downになると考えます。 As long as the hair concealed in severe, buns(which in the rooms at night cascades free and soft)right down the backs of the women I sometimes glimpse? As long as the hair concealed in severe 髪がきつく隠されている限り、 which in the rooms at night cascades free and soft 夜の部屋で自然にソフトに滝のように垂れ流したbuns(髪を丸めたこぶ達は) Buns right down the backs of the women I sometimes glimpse? 丸まった髪は私がよく見かける女性の背中に流れるがごとく垂れ下がるのかしら? >そんなにきつく巻きつけてあると寝る前に解くと滝のように流れ落ちる髪に戻るのかしら? http://knol.google.com/k/-/-/oorouafi5k5t/qkyknj/cornrows-hairstyle-2008.jpg http://thebeautybunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/hg012m.jpg 確か、ハリウッドの映画俳優で、日本にも在住していた男優ですが、バンスタイルの様な髪型をしていましたね。上記の女性と男性の髪型を半々にしてポマードで固めた髪形を想像しましたが。。 http://images.google.com/images?hl=ja&client=opera&rls=en&hs=eHN&num=30&ei=oxK6SfruJ9XFkAWD8JSxCA&resnum=0&q=image+of+bun+hairstyle&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=qBK6SfP3DNXRkAX0y6WrCA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の文章と和訳があります。和訳は適切ですか?

They stay in their rooms all day long and then at night they sometimes emerge and head to a convenience store to buy snacks. Others stay indoors for years without stepping outside. They refuse to go to school or work, while sleeping through the day. No one is allowed into their rooms. They seldom communicate with friends or faimily members; instead, they spend most of their time in front of a screen or reading manga in their room, often in their parent's home. Sometimes they are even violent. Most of them are young males.They are the hikikomori, or recluses, and there may be as many as one million of them in Japan. 和訳 彼らは一日中自分の部屋にいて、夜に時々部屋を抜け出してスナック類を買いにコンビニエンスストアに向かいます。何年も家の中にいて外で出ない者もいます。彼らは学校や仕事に行くことを拒否して昼間ずっと寝ています。誰も部屋に入ることは許されません。滅多に友達や家族とのコミュニケーションは取りません。代わりに、その多くは実家暮らしですが、自分の部屋でテレビなどの画面を見たり漫画を読んだりしながらほとんどの時間を過ごします。時折彼らは暴力をふるうことさえします。その多くは若い男性です。彼らはいわゆる引きこもりであり、そういう人は日本に100万人ぐらいはいるかもしれません。

• 長い文の和訳をお願いします

以下の文章の解釈がなかなかとれません。ご教示お願いします。 Moreover the technique of recording the monuments with plans and drawings of pictures, mosaics and objects, developed by a team of draughtsmen taken on to provide illustrations for the edition of the "Antichita di Ercolano esposte"(1757-1792) reached notable levels of exxelence during the second half of the 18th century, as can be seen for example in the record of the rooms of the temple of Isis at Pompeii.

• 和訳お願いします。

以下の文章の訳を教えてください。 We are all individuals in this world and as much as we like to tell ourselves otherwise, we are alone. Coming to terms with this is challenging but I believe will eventually lead us to peace. 人はみんな一人なんだ?みたいなことが言いたいんでしょうか?混乱しています。

• 和訳希望

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 3段落に分けた前半部分となります。 難解な部分も含め、意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 We arrive at the eighth house, the house of death and reincarnation. This house is not as fearful as it sounds. The name of it may make your heart beat quicker but I will tell you nothing dreadful.. The karmic link I have spoken of in the various readings, it sometimes produces other strange effects too. Like dreaming of the person at night, or dreaming fragments from a past life, that may seem disconnected. This sometimes happens since the karmic bond stirs something in the deep subconscious that makes things surface and memories images other things rise out of the depth in a disguised unrecognizable form.

• 英文の和訳に関しての質問です。

洋書の教科書を読んでいて、以下のような設問がありました。 The surface of Lake Titicaca in Peru is at a higher altitude than top of Mt.Fuji. という文章のTorFの正誤問題なんです。 質問は正誤の答えではなく訳なんです。 私の訳は チチカカ湖の表面積は富士山の高さより高い。 なんか、単位が違くって答えられないんです。 どなたかご教授願います。

• 次の文の和訳を教えてください

以下の文章の和訳を教えてください。特にlaterの後がわかりません。later以下はfurther timeに続くのでしょうか。 ”後に19世紀初期に急にはやりだしたメルボルンパロディーやクラブの一部としての時間をより多く費やした”のようになるのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 Mary developed a deeper interest in the field as she spent further time on the stage in secondary school dramatic and musical productions and later as a part of the burgeoning Melbourne burlesque and club scene of the earyly-nineties.

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下はインドの国防省についての文章ですが、よく意味が分かりません。よろしく Defence of lndia and, every part thereof, including preparation for defence and all such acts as may be conducive in times of war to its prosecution and after its termination to effective demobilization. なお主語、動詞の形ではありません。

• 和訳お願いします。

This, however, can only be part of the explanation. There is also evidence that ethnic women have been ambivalent about their own kind of look for many years. For decades, women with dark skin the world over have tried to make their skin paler or their hair straighter, sometimes with dangerous chemicals. The model Alek Wek recently told Vogue India that, in her native Sudan, her dark skin is looked down on by lighter-skinned Sudanese. “What is this obsession with pigment?” she asked. Marriage adverts in India newspapers unselfconsciously express a preference for fair or wheat-coloured skin in women. Japanese and Chinese women regularly have cosmetic operations to remove the fold of skin above their eyes, so they look more like a “round-eyed” European, and dye their hair blonde. As Doukas said of a photoshoot in Japan recently: “The girls just didn't look Japanese. It was very sad.” Indeed, in my copy of Japanese Vogue, there was a total absence of Japanese models. “I am black but comely,” says the beautiful women in the Old Testament's Song of Songs. Why the “but”? よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をおしえてください。

和訳の宿題をしていますが 一つ一つの単語の意味はわかるのですが 文の要旨がわからず困っています。少し長くなりますが どなたかよろしくお願いします。 (1)When Rudy Giuliani stepped down as mayor, amidst near-universal adulation, at the end of last year, New Yorkers were doubly fearful. Mr Giuliani had been a source of great strength after the attack on the World Trade Centre. Almost as big a fear was that he would take with him his main pre-September 11th achievement, the sharp reduction in (non-crime) crime. "a source of great strength" は「おおいなる強さの拠り所」で良いのでしょうか? Almost as big...以下の文章の和訳を教えてください。 (2) Would his successor, Mike Bloomberg, only recently and notionally a Republican, be as bloody-mindedly committed to the cause? "notionally" は「名目上」で良いでしょうか? as 以下は「ジュリアーニ市長の様に必死に取り組む」で良いのでしょうか? また、"the cause" とは具体的に何を指しているのでしょうか? ちなみにこの文章の前には ジュリアーニ市長が 在任中NYPDを支援しニューヨークの犯罪率が激減したといった内容が書かれています。 長くなりましたが よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳して頂けませんか

今週のTIME(電子版)に掲載されている、日本の復興に関しての文章の一部です。 As I look around the city I've made my home — at the deer grazing just outside the glass-and-concrete city hall — it's hard not to wonder if the country's strength lies not in its future but in its past, at least in the traditional sense that time moves around rather than always pressing forward. it's hard 以下の分の意味が分かりません。どなたか教えて頂けませんか。