• ベストアンサー

和訳おねがいします、、汗

When you come across words like "thirdworld","developing","subversive","outlaw","minority"etc... Who is doing the defining? Would the group defined in this way use the same term? Why or why not? How do words like these influense public attitudes and publicpolicy toward this group? だいたいは理解できるのですが、Who is doing the defining? と、 Would the group defined in this way use the same term? をどう取っていいのかわからず意味がはっきりわかりません。 和訳をお願いしますm(__)mm(__)m

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

訳の方は#2の方をご参照ください。 Who is doing the defining?を説明しますね。 例えばwhoに適当な人をいれてみますね。 He is doing the defining.とします。 そして、rengejpさんがおっしゃるように「誰がこの定義にあてはまるか?」という意味としてとってみましょう。 そうすると「彼はこの定義にあてはまる。」となりますよね。 ですが、日本語の「当てはまる、当てはまっている」は、状態動詞であって、knowなどと同じく「進行形で表すことができない」のですね。 また、do自体にこの文脈でその意味としての働き意味もないんですね。 そして、「当てはまる」ならばapplyという動詞をつかいます。 こんな感じになります。 He applys to this defining. This defining is applicable to him. This defining has no application to him.といった感じ。 そしてこの文章。Would the group defined in this way use the same term? 訳は#2の方のです。文法的に説明してみますね。 まず主語をとらえなければなりません。これは二つ動詞が見えますね、definedとuseです。本動詞はuseなんですね。 そうすると主語はthe group defined in this wayです。 defined in this wayがthe groupを修飾しています。分詞ですね。used carと同じです。 そうすると主語は「このように定義されるグループ」です。 termは(ある種の)言葉、専門用語という単語です。 これがわかると後は全部わかりますね、「このように定義されているグループは同じ言葉を使うだろうか?」となるのです。 この二つ目の文をみても、やはり一つ目の文は「定義にあてはまる」とはならないのがお分かりだと思います。 なぜなら二つ目の文は「定義されるグループ」とありますよね。そうしたら、「定義する人」がいるはずですよね。

rengejp
質問者

お礼

詳しい説明ありがとうございました。 よくわかりました。 状態動詞は進行形にはならないんですね。 勉強になりました。 回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (4)

• ma_
  • ベストアンサー率23% (879/3732)
回答No.5

No.4&No.1です。 >「誰がこの定義をしているか」という訳の方が意味が合うと思いますが いかがでしょうか。 その通りだと思います。

rengejp
質問者

お礼

ご意見ありがとうございましたm(__)m

• ma_
  • ベストアンサー率23% (879/3732)
回答No.4

>「誰がこの定義にあてはまるか?」という意味にも取れないでしょうか。 is doing the defining は要するに、 =is defining の difining を強調しているも文に過ぎません。

rengejp
質問者

お礼

私もはじめは深読みしてしまってそのような解釈はできないかと考えていたのですが、 #2、#3での回答を見てみると どうやら「誰がこの定義に当てはまるか」という訳は合わないようだ、と感じます。 文章全体を見ても、 「誰がこの定義をしているか」という訳の方が意味が合うと思いますが いかがでしょうか。

• 0shiete
  • ベストアンサー率30% (148/492)
回答No.2

「第三世界」「発展途上」「破壊活動家」「ならず者」「少数派」等の言葉に出くわしたとき、誰がその定義をしているのだろうか?このように定義されているグループは同じ言葉を使うだろうか?そうなのはなぜ?または、そうでないのはなぜ?これらのような言葉はこのグループに対する国民の姿勢および社会政策にどのような影響を及ぼすだろうか? >「誰がこの定義にあてはまるか?」という意味にも取れないでしょうか。 とれないのではないかと思います。

rengejp
質問者

お礼

すごくクリアな和訳ありがとうございます。 はっきりわかりました。 回答ありがとうございました☆

• ma_
  • ベストアンサー率23% (879/3732)
回答No.1

最初は、「誰が、その定義付けをしているのだろうか?」 最後は、「このような定義付けは、その定義づけられた人々(たとえば発展途上国とか、第3世界とかの)も、おなじように自らを言い表すのに同じ言葉を使っていると思われるでしょうか」

rengejp
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 who is doing the defining? の部分ですが、 「誰がこの定義にあてはまるか?」という意味にも取れないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• ざっくりと和訳をお願いします。

Who would be the very best person or place to send this razor in to be honed for use ?

• 和訳

A year or two ago a college teacher carried out an experiment. He asked his class to eat some biscuits which he had brought to the classroom and which he described as a kind that was soon to be sold in grocery stores. The biscuits were in plain paper boxes without any printing to tell what kind they were. When the students had finished eating,the teacher asked them to write down how they thought the food tasted. Most of the students wrote that they liked the biscuits. They felt that the flavor of the biscuits was interesting and that the public would buy them. The next day the teacher brought the same kind of biscuits to the class again. But this time the boxes were properly labeled. Each box had the words “DOG BISCUITS” printed on it. Some of the students would not even taste the biscuits. Those who tasted thought that they were unpleasant to eat. This experiment shows an important point: People are influenced by words. If someone served you a tasty-looking steak(perhaps garnished with onions or mushrooms),do you think that you would like it? You probably would. However,if someone told you that it was horse,dog,or snake meat,many of you surely would refuse to eat it. Some of you might even feel ill if you did eat it. And why would you feel this way? You would feel this way because of the power of words. The printed and spoken word can actually influences and change your feelings and your behavior. 和訳していただけたら嬉しいです。

• ざっと和訳をお願いします

I would like to know why you describe the razor width as 17.3 to 18. Is it because the razor is shorter at the heel and wider at the tip? This would mean that the edge is not perfectly straight.

• 和訳してください。

He who would do some great thing in this short life must apply himself to work with such a concentration of his forces, as, to idle spectators, who live only to amuse themselves, looks like madness. お願いします。

• 和訳してください(急いでいます!)

ネットショップを運営しています。 海外へ発送済みの注文について、注文者より以下のメールが届きました。 I would like to know if my order was sent and why, on 30/03, there was the return of the value about this order? 発送されたかどうか知りたいということと、そのあと、3月30日に何だと書いてあるのでしょうか? 発送済みのメールは出していて、金額変更もないのですが、何がwhyなのでしょう? web翻訳にかけても意味がわかりませんので質問しました。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 昨夜、私の和訳を添削していただこうとお願いしましたが、ご回答いただけず。。 和訳で再びお願いします。 1)Now all I care about is the person in my life who understands me. 2)I will treat the person the same why she treats me. 3)I love the way you care for me, being next to me worrying about my health.

• 【至急】文章の和訳をお願いします。

In Europe and America, as well as in Asia, people become respected for their practical experience and knowledge. In a mobile society, however, the one who travels most gains the most new experience and knowledge. The person who stays in the same place tends to know only one way of doing things. The person who visits a dozen countries may learn a dozen ways of doing things in the same period of time. Thus, explorers like Leif Ericsson, Marco Polo, Vasco da Gama, and Daniel Boone became heroes in their respective cultures even as fairly young men. Respect of experience over age became evident in the "New World." 翻訳サイトの使用は控えて頂けると嬉しいです。ご助力お願い致します。

• この和訳は合っていますか?

この和訳は合っていますか? 1)Now all I care about is the person in my life who understands me. 今、私が人生で大切な人は私を理解する人です。 2)I will treat the person the same why she treats me. 私は彼女が私を扱うのと同じように扱うつもりです。 3)I love the way you care for me, being next to me worrying about my health. 私は、私の健康について隣で心配するあなたの世話の仕方が好きです。

• 和訳してください!!!!!!

和訳お願いします!!  Modern life is convenient,but it has also created problems in many ways.One ploblem we often hear about is that children are becoming less healthy because they watch too much television.    It is common sense that children who are watching television are not doing other activities such as playing outside.This means that children may get to fat or not have much strength or energy.However,there are other serious effects on children besides physical effects.  Children who watch a lot of television can usually understand the same number of words as other children.However, when they speak, they often cannot explain themselves very fluently.Some scientists think that this is because babies need to get information by listening, using their left brain.But television is mainly visual and makes us use the right brain.this is perhaps the reason for poor language skills later.

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **When you start a sentence with "so," it's like it connects it to the previous sentence. For example. The man was hungry. So, he decided to go buy a burrito. In this case it's like it's filling in for "because of this." "Let me see what I can do," and "I translated my message into Japanese" don't seem to connect in quite the same way. If you wanted to use "so", you could say- I'd like to help you as well. So, I'll translate my message into Japanese. Another way you could think of it is if the two sentences COULD connect naturally with only a comma you can use "so." You can write- I'd like to help you as well, so I will translate my message into Japanese. You can't write- Let me see what I can do, so I will translate my message into Japanese. Hope this helps, let me know if I'm writing too many notes here!