• ベストアンサー

訳を見てもらいたいです

The tenaciaus nature of the Jews can been seen as they lean against the wall and cry, dressed in black clothes from head to toe. 自分の訳(ユダヤ人の頑強な性質は、頭から爪先まで黒い服を身にまと壁にもた れ、泣く・・・) ここの場合、the wallというのは、古代ローマ人が破壊してしまった ユダヤ人の神聖な神殿の壁の一部のことです。 疑問点(1)natureは性質・特質と訳して間違いないか。 (2)can been senn as らへんの訳がわかりません。 (3)cryの後が","で区切られているが、dressedはcryにもleanにもかかるのでしょうか。 お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tonyshoe
  • ベストアンサー率40% (16/40)
回答No.2

can be seen で、そのままだと、「見られることができる」になりますが、 ここでは、「垣間見ることができる」くらいがちょうど良いのでは。 be seen as で一塊ではありません。 この場合のasは接続詞で、何々したとき、何々の状態でと訳すべきではないですか。 natureは、その解釈で結構かと思います。 ということで、 ユダヤ人の頑強な本質は、彼らが■■■したときに、垣間見ることができる。 あっと、最後のご質問ですが、、、 dressedのところは、(when they are)dressed in ... 或いは(as they are) dressed in ...  という、接続詞と主語、be動詞が簡略化された使い方ですね。

nyantyan
質問者

お礼

垣間見ることができる というようなしっくりくる日本語訳、素晴らしいと思いました。自分もそうなれるよう頑張ります。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

• Mell-Lily
  • ベストアンサー率27% (258/936)
回答No.4

ユダヤ人の執念深い性格は、彼らが、頭から爪先まで黒い服を着込み、壁にもたれ掛かりながら嘆き悲しむとき、見て取ることができる。 (1)  nature 性格、性質 (2)  as ~ ~するとき (3) 現在分詞や過去分詞で始まる一連の語句を、文中に挿入したり、文頭や文末に置いたりする表現は、英語においてしばしば見受けられます。現在分詞や過去分詞は動詞の活用形なのですから、まず、その主語を見付けるようにしましょう。 中東やヨーロッパなどに見られる民族的な紛争は、単一民族であり、他国と国境を接することのない島国に住む日本人からみれば、感覚的に理解し難いものです。実際、これは、宗教や文化、政治や歴史、民族や人種などの多様な要素が複雑に絡み合った大変難しい問題です。

nyantyan
質問者

お礼

全体を訳してくださり、ありがとうございました。最後のコメントも、そうだよな~と再認識させられました。

• snowbees
  • ベストアンサー率22% (173/760)
回答No.3

下記のサイトを参考にして下さい。イスラエル人の頑固さは有名です。なお、"can be seen"では?また、"tenacious-jews"というフレーズもあります。私ならば、文章の歴史的背景も検索しますが。頑張って下さい。

参考URL:
http://user.komazawa.com/~asakura/kaze/kaze2000/iseki/htm4/isk4_11.htm
nyantyan
質問者

お礼

確かにこういう文章を勉強する時、歴史的背景などの知識って本当に必要になってくるものですよね。頑張りたいと思います。ありがとうございました。

回答No.1

アメリカに35年ほど住んでいる者です。 1)性格、性質、特質で良いですね。 2)これは、can be seen とasが分かれているんですね。つまり、asをwhen等に変えてしまうと分かり易いかもしれませんね。つまり、壁にもたれている状況でその性格を見ることが出来ます、と言うことですね。 3)このdressedはtheyにかかってきます。 つまり、who are dressedin black clothesでwho areが省略されているわけですね。 これでいいでしょうか。 分からない点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

nyantyan
質問者

お礼

すばやいご解答ありがとうございました。大変わかりやすかったです。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• you get the wall pinted, 壁を塗るのは誰?

As soon as you get the wall painted, you can go home. この文の場合、壁を塗るのはyouですか、それとも他の誰かにやってもらうという意味ですか。

• 英文法についての質問です(getとmake)

英文法の問題集で以下のような問題がありました。 As soon as you ( ) the wall painted,you can go home. ()にはいるのは? 1:do 2:finish 3:get 4:make 解答はgetで、get+物+過去分詞で「物を~してしまう(完了)」 全訳は「壁を塗り終えたたら、帰宅してもいいですよ。」 とのことでした。 この解答は納得のいくものなのですが、 私はmakeをいれて、 makeのSVOCの用法で「the wall(O)をpainted(C)の状態にする」 つまり「壁を塗ったらすぐ帰っていいよ。」とするのも正解なのではないか?と疑問に思っています。 どなたか詳しい方がいらっしゃいましたら、お教えください。よろしくお願いします。

• 2回目ですが・・・訳してください。

訳お願いします。   1. fine clothes are not essensial to selfrespect . a person has no reason to think the less of himself because he is not dressed in arich and fashionable manner. 2.i have always hesitated to giveadvice,for how can one advice another how to act unless one knows that other as well as one knows oneself?  heaven knows,i know litle enough of myself: i know nothing of others. we can only guess at the thouts and emotions of our neighbours. です。   よろしくおねがいします。

• 日本語訳&文法教えてください。

Since modern Israel was founded in 1948, the United States has always been its number one ally. (1)After defeating the Nazi attempt to exterminate all Jews, the Allies, led by the U.S., led the way to establishing Israel as a Jewish homeland in the Middle East. (2)Of course, Jewish-Americans today have religious reasons for supporting Israel, but so do Christians, America’s majority religion. (3)Some Christians believe that the Bible teaches that a Jewish homeland must be established in Israel before Christ can return to save the world. といった文章なのですが、最初は訳せます。でも(1)(2)(3)は、なんかうまく訳せないし、意味すらとれません。 (1)の led by the U.S. というのは、どこの部分にかかるのでしょうか? (2)の but so do Christians の部分はどうゆう構造なんですか?このsoとdoはそれぞれ何ですか? (1)(2)(3)を自然と訳すと、どういった感じになるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 入試問題、3問教えてください!!

すいません。 以下の3問わかりません! どなたか教えてください!! (1)As soon as you ( )the wall painted, you can go home. 1.get 2.make 答えは1番のなのですが、make O C で「壁を塗られた状態にする」 で、2番もいけないでしょうか? (2)Yesterday I had an old friend of mine ( )me in my absence. 1.call on 2.called on 答えは1番なのですが、hadを使役と考えると、意味的に、 「私の古い友達を訪れられさせる」となって、おかしくなると思う のですが・・・。 (3)This car needs repairing. need ~ing で、主語が~されるのが必要というのは、どう考えても おかしと思うのですが、これは特例として覚えるしかないのでしょうか?

• 英文について教えてください!

英文について教えてください(*_*) カッコに当てはまるのを教えて頂けたら幸いです(*_*) 1、I couldn't help () at such a sad move. (1)to cry (2)cry (3)cried (4)crying 2.When I was in Salem, I ()often play tennis with John. (1)used (2)would (3)should (4)will 3.Poverty ()him from going to university. (1)pushed (2)prevented (3) resulted in (4)preserved 4.If I were you,I () him. (1)help (2)helped (3) hadhelped (4)would help 5.He would have become a great marathon runner if it()for his knee problem. (1)was not (2)had not been (3)has not been (4)would not have been 6.You ()throw your money into the sea as lend it to such as person. (1)may well (2)might as well (3)will do well to (4)know better than to 7.It won't be long ()we can travel to the moon. (1)when (2)if (3) before (4)until 8. The party was good. You () come! (1)must have (2)can't have (3)should have (4)ought have です(´д`∩ 宜しくお願いします (∋_∈)

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (10) Aulus Gellius, a Roman lawyer of the second century CE, writes about Vesta's priestesses. A girl chosen to be a Vestal Virgin must...be no younger than six and no older than ten years old.... As soon as a girl is chosen, she is taken to the House of Vesta and handed over to the priests. She immediately leaves her father's control. (11) The chief duty of the Vestal Virgins was to keep Vesta's flame burning. If the flame went out, it meant that one of the Vestal Virgins had been careless in her sacred duties or had broken her vow of chastity. Either way, the Romans believed that the city was in great danger and could be destroyed. They dressed the offending priestess in funeral clothes and carried her to an underground cell, leaving her to die. (12) The earliest Romans were farmers who saw the gods in all the forces of nature. They believed that gods ruled the sun, the moon, and the planets and that gods lived within the trees, in wind, and in rivers. These early, simple beliefs played a part in Rome's later religion as well. But as Rome became more connected with other peoples through war and trade, its religion became more complex. (13) The Romans were as quick to borrow language and inventions. If they encountered a new god that they thought might be useful, they adopted him or her. For example, when the Romans attacked the Etruscan city of Veii in 396 BCE, they begged Juno, their enemy's goddess, to help them in battle. “To you, Juno Regina, who now lives in Veii, I pray that after our victory you will accompany us to our city─soon to be your city─to be received in a temple worthy of your greatness.” When the Romans conquered Veii, they assumed that Juno had helped them. To thank the goddess, they built a temple in her honor in Rome.

• すごーく長いので、出来たら訳をお願いしたいです

He is an interesting man, but there has been obscurity and misery in his life. He has faced some long and hard past ordeal, or unfavorable circumstances or darkness of spirit has shadowed him and dogged his footsteps. He is stalwart and hardened by the struggle, and a little fatalistic and guided often on his course by his instincts as to what will bring him luck and what wont. He knows what direction he wants to follow in life and struggles against adversities in a dignified way. But he is an unsettled man with a changing unreliable life and a restless determination to rise about him. One who is never at rest or at peace but always on the move. He has a receptive mind, a wild energy and life of much turmoil and contradiction. An ambitious man, but with many impractical dreams, who fools himself into thinking he is capable of achieving more than he can, and so no matter how hard he tries, how successful he is. his goals remain always distant, out of reach or just beyond his capability. He is one of life's takers, not one of life's givers. He takes what's given for granted and exploits it in any way he can, to get further gains. To heap up favours or wealth, a grasping nature, that when given something, extracts more, but gives little or nothing back. He ceases opportunities where he can. Lives by his wits exploits his own reserves, but fails to learn from his bad luck and failures. すみません。やはり長すぎますね・・

• 訳をお願いします

とある論文らしいんですが、難しすぎて分かりません。。 投げやりで申し訳ないのですが、訳していただけると嬉しいです。 Somewhere in your brain, there’s a cake network. You couldn’t see it even if you knew where to look. But it’s there all the same―and it’s powerful thing. You weren’t born with a liking for cake, but long ago, early in your childhood, you got your first taste of cake, and instantly a series of connections was made in your brain. In the process, your brain filed away a simple, primitive, unconscious idea: Cake is good. A life time love affair with cake―perhaps pleasant, perhaps tortured―began. Human beings have always had a complicated relationship with food. Staying alive from day to day requires our bodies to keep a lot of systems running properly, but most of them operate automatically. Eating is different. It’s a voluntary thing. And it’s essential to keep the species going. So nature cleverly controls the game, making sure we can’t resist food. That has lately meant trouble. Human history has usually been characterized by too little to eat rather than too much. Nature never planned for what could happen when unchecked appetites were suddenly matched by unchecked resources. Nut we’re seeing it now. Today, Americans―as any trip to an all-you-can-eat buffet will tell you―have become a soft, inactive, overfed lot. It’s not just that 67% of the U.S. population is overweight (including about 17% of children aged 6 to 19); it’s that we know that fact full well and seem helpless to control ourselves. Our doctors warn us about our rising blood pressure and cholesterol a, and we get briefly frightened―until we’re offered the next helping of cheesecake of curly fries, and then our appetite shouts down our reason, and before we know it, we’re at it again. Just why is our appetite so powerful a driver of our behaviour, and, more important, how can we control it? If that question doesn’t have an easy answer, it’s no wonder. Understanding a process as complex as appetite is an incredible challenge that involves many fields of scientific knowledge. But science is trying. Researchers in labs and institutes around the world are looking into the brain to understand the regions where appetite is perceived and satisfied, and pinpointing the sensitive areas on cell surfaces that keep us hungry or make us feel satisfied. They’re studying the nerve networks of the digestive system, as well as the operation of the genes that drive our appetite in order to track how signals of satisfaction are sent and to determine why they sometimes get lost. And they’re looking back into human history to understand better how we became inclined to overeat from the start and how we might be able, so many thousands of years later, to break away from this tendency at last. “The problem of excessive body weight has become a leading cause of death worldwide”, says Dr. David Cummings, and associate professor of medicine at the University of Washington. “Understanding it is perhaps the most serious challenge in the field of medical research.”

• よろしくお願いします

My partner of almost five years has recently been experiencing some strong feelings of gender dysphoria and changing their gender presentation. I think it’s great they’re talking about it and trying new things, and I’m totally on board. But I was wondering if you could offer any advice about specific things I can do to support them. I’ve given them a binder and some clothes they’ve asked for as gifts and tried to be available as a listener. But not having gone through any sort of similar experience myself I don’t know if there are common pitfalls to look out for or if there are other things I can be doing to help! I can be doingがI can doではないのは、どのようなニュアンスでしょうか?よろしくお願いします