How Can I Support My Partner’s Gender Journey?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn how to support your partner who is experiencing gender dysphoria and changing their gender presentation.
  • Find out common pitfalls to avoid and discover additional ways to assist your partner in their gender journey.
  • Gift your partner items they need, be an active listener, and educate yourself to offer better support.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My partner of almost five years has recently been experiencing some strong feelings of gender dysphoria and changing their gender presentation. I think it’s great they’re talking about it and trying new things, and I’m totally on board. But I was wondering if you could offer any advice about specific things I can do to support them. I’ve given them a binder and some clothes they’ve asked for as gifts and tried to be available as a listener. But not having gone through any sort of similar experience myself I don’t know if there are common pitfalls to look out for or if there are other things I can be doing to help! I can be doingがI can doではないのは、どのようなニュアンスでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.2

>I can be doingがI can doではないのは、どのようなニュアンスでしょうか? ⇒I can doが、単に「私はできる」という意味であるのに対して、I can be doingは、「私は(今すぐにでも)できる」、あるいは、「私は(何とかすることが)できる」といったニュアンスになるのではないかと思います。 ☆「be + -ing」(現在進行形)の特殊用法として、次の3つくらいがあります。 (1) ごく近い未来の予定を表す。口語に多い。(他の印欧語文法では、「近接未来」という。) (2) 現在における反復的な行為を表す(He is always complaining of his salary.)。 (3) 動作・状態を表す動詞とともに用いて、話者の強い感情や関心を表す、口語的表現である。 I can be doing to helpは、用法(1) または (3)、もしくはその両方に相当します。 用法(1) として、「私が、今すぐにでもしてあげられる(こと)」、 用法(3) または用法(1)+(3) として、「私が、何とかしてあげられる(こと)」 という感じになります。 このように、I can doに対して、I can be doingには「近接・当面・積極性」などのニュアンスが加味されるのではないか、と考えられます。

corta
質問者

お礼

お世話になります。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• skydaddy
  • ベストアンサー率51% (388/748)
回答No.1

I can help. 助けられる(するかしないか未確定) I can do to help. 助けます(する意志が上より強い) I can be doing to help. 助けたい(更に意志が強い) 訳語としては正しくないかも知れませんが、ニュアンスということなので

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• narrative

I’m 21 years old, and for the last few months I’ve been questioning if I might be a transgender man. In a lot of ways it makes sense, but I don’t relate much to the stereotypical trans narrative, and there are some other things I can’t seem to get past. I don’t relate much to the stereotypical trans narrativeとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• exclusive

I’m in my late 40s, divorced, and have recently tried online dating. Overall, it’s been great. I’ve met some terrific men and have been seeing a couple of them regularly. I’m upfront about not wanting to be exclusive at this time, and they’re fine with keeping things light and casual, so that’s all good. not wanting to be exclusiveとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• claimの意味

My fiancé and I are marrying next spring. We both have large families and so have a limited number of friends on the guest list. Recently, a number of acquaintances have assumed they are invited to the wedding. Some of these assumptions come through social media (posting things like “Can’t wait to be at your wedding!” on my Facebook wall). Others have happened when I’ve run into neighbors or old school friends while visiting my hometown. Some have joked “I know I’m on the guest list, right?” or simply said “John and I are excited to be there.” So far, I’ve just deflected the comment or changed the subject without making any promises. What is the best and kindest way to let people know they aren’t invited, whether online or in-person? I can’t claim a small wedding because, well, it’s not. I can’t claim a small weddingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• わからない個所を教えてください。

I am supposed to be concentrating on the paintings, not on fixing window panes. They’re still in the suitcase; I haven’t even got them out yet. I have spent a whole evening and most of this morning doing – what? Doing something I haven’t been able to do since I was twelve. (前回の終わりの部分です) I want to shake my head, clear it of these distractions so I can focus on the things that are supposed to be important. But it’s more difficult than I have thought. How can I concentrate on the pictures when, all around me, small signs of change and neglect are needling in at me, whispering their presence? It will be impossible. Perhaps I could mend some things, fix some things; get the house a little way back to how it should be. It wouldn’t take too much effort. Just some very basic repairs would perhaps be enough to give me the peace of mind to concentrate properly. I can make a start with the window. I have to start somewhere, after all. I tell myself that I will think about the exhibition, and the paintings, while I work; and this sounds so convincing to me that I almost start to believe it. ****************************************** 主人公のAlexはartistで、展示会に備えるために、幼い頃過ごしたイタリアに戻ってきています。(今まで幼いころの回想シーンが続いていましたが、この英文は現在に戻っていると思われます) Perhaps I could mend some things, fix some things; get the house a little way back to how it should be. の、get the house a little way back to how it should beのところが訳せません。I could get the house~という英文なのでしょうか?家がどうあるべきかに戻すちょっとした方法を得ることができるだろう?? and this sounds so convincing to me that I almost start to believe it.は、so~that構文で読めば良いでしょうか?「これはとても私にとって説得力のあるように思われたので、私はほとんどそれを信じることを始めた。」 教えてください。お願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

You have to remember if your drives both will be putting out 2000mA each then each one will be drawing 3000mA or around there so I would use no smaller than a 26650 cell or cells and I think 32650 would be nice if a good host can be found that is to your liking. The SK can take a 32650 if I put it in the lathe and take out about 0.25mm of aluminum from the inside. The two XB-2 drives I sent you are the very latest model they are capable of 4000mA each so with the proper heat sinking they may work for you. Do not try and run them above 2000mA with out heat sinking them, I do believe they have a built-in temp controller so if they get too hot they will shut down till they cool off, I'll check on that to be sure. The full back side needs to be in contact with a heat sink if your going to take one all the way to it's max current of 4000mA ! Hope this helps Let me know if you need any other info

• 和訳をお願いします

1 I am a firm believer that in order for a relationship to last, both people need to be happy and secure in their own right (by themselves) in order for relationship to be strong. 2 the other places i saw were kind of far away and not clean for how much it cost to live there. 3 just because things are not exactly the way you want them does not mean that they are not good. 4 i don't know why that is i will see if I can fix it 5 those are all very time consuming things 6 I mean that I am constantly focusing on different things since i've been here and I havn't allowed myself enough time to collect my thoughts. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語を訳せますか?

Hey, how are you? I`ve seen some of your pictures and i like them. We're giving away the opportunity to some of our followers be divulge. A picture and a description choosen by you, will be posted in our profile who was 15k people following, for only $10 each pic. You can pay via paypal. if you have interest, send me an email to: OBS: DONT SEND DM`S, SEND EMAILS PLEASE!  DM`S WILL NOT BE VIEWED Good day!!! 訳せますか?お願いします。

• go part way

Dear Amy: My wife is an outdoor enthusiast who loves to hike. I enjoy it as well, but have some health issues that limit me to shorter hikes. Recently, she has reconnected with an old college friend. I've met him and his wife a few times. They've stayed with us, and we've stayed with them. The few times we've gotten together, the other three always want to go for an extended hike that is too difficult for me to participate in, so I'm left to sit at home by myself. I feel this is incredibly rude. My wife says that just because I can't join in is no reason for the rest of them to not do what they want to do. When you are with a group, you should find activities that all can do without excluding someone. There are lots of things we could do instead of hiking. I don't really know her friends well, and what would be a good opportunity to get to know them better is wasted while I sit at home alone. What do you and your readers think? -- Feeling Left Out Dear Feeling: Of course, you should all compromise on some activities when you're together -- but I do believe that the avid hikers should also be free to engage in their pursuit. You can be generous toward them, or you can sit home and sulk. You choose. You could go part way with the group, and then return to wherever you are staying to prepare a good meal for the rest of the hikers when they get back. go part wayはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語に翻訳願います!

どなたか下記の英文を日本語訳して頂けないでしょうか? よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m (1) I think more and more how I long to be with only you, All the things I had dreamed oh doing before settling down now seem empty if I can't share them with you. (2) I fear we are going to fast but I find myself wishing things could go faster so I can hold you in my arms. (3) and to know you as intricately as you know yourself.

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Finding a new apartment is really slow but I am trying to do everything I can to make it go faster. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks again until I can continue the search because after I sent an application to one place, they said they need 1-2 weeks until they can actually receive it. But after that, I think I might be able to find someting quite soon.. It's a "more expensive" way of doing things, kind of. Before they let you move into one of their rental apartments there is a certain amount of money that you need to pay first. And because it is alot of money, not money people do it this way and that's why there should be more apartments available for me. It's about 15 000-20 000   but my parents said they can lend the amount to me, because they don't want me to borrow money from the banks. And this money is something I will get back if/when I move, so it's not like I would actually loose th ose 15000-20000  Q__Q Ah, I don't know if you understood, but yeah, Finland likes to complicate things. I still love you and miss you so much. And I don't think sending e-mails will change what I feel and think about you. But I'm sure that when we meet again in real life it will be ever better than before.