• ベストアンサー

It's being sent by priority mail

お世話になっています。 次の会話のうち、タイトル部分の文法的な説明をお願いできないでしょうか? A:Do you know how soon the order will arrive ? (注文品がどのくらいで届くかご存知ですか?) B:It's being sent by priority mail, so if we ship it today, you'll have it within three business days. (優先扱郵便で送られますので、本日発送すれば、3営業日以内にお手元に届くでしょう) 「It will be sent・・」でも良いのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.2

はじめまして。 ご質問1: <タイトル部分の文法的な説明をお願いできないでしょうか?> 1.まず、この文は受身be sentの進行形になっています。 2.進行形は「その状態が現在行われている」という意味がありますが、ここでは、その意味で訳すと文意をなしません。「速達で現在送られているところだ」と「今日送れば」という2つの内容が矛盾するからです。 3.この進行形is+beingは、「近未来」を表す用法です。自動詞が進行形で使われると、近未来を表す用法になります。 例: Spring is coming. (直訳)「春が近づいている」 →(意訳)「もうすぐ春だ」 4.ご質問文はその用法で使われています。動詞は受身形なので、自動詞として扱われているのです。意味は 「それは近く優先扱郵便で送付される予定だ」 となります。 ご質問2: <「It will be sent・・」でも良いのでしょうか?> 文法的には問題ありません。 1.ただ、willは漠然とした「未来」全般についての助動詞ですから、その未来が来週、来月、来年でもあり得るわけです。 2.つまり、この助動詞だけで「近未来」を指定することはできません。 3.Willだけで近未来を暗示するなら、soonなどの副詞を使うといいでしょう。 4.ただ、ご質問文では、後半に「本日発送すれば、3営業日以内に届く」という近未来を暗示する表現がありますから、soonを入れなくても文意は同じニュアンスで解釈することはできます。 5.ただ、後半の表現がなくwill単独では「近未来」のニュアンスは出せない、ということです。 以上ご参考までに。

nuovo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 とても丁寧な説明で、勉強になりました。 これからもよろしくお願いします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#77517
noname#77517
回答No.1

近い未来の予定を表す現在進行形です。 一見、普通の現在進行形と区別できませんが、時間を表す副詞句や 文脈から未来だとわかります。また、往来や発着などの動詞で使う ことが多いようです。 It will be sent でも同じ未来ですが、現在進行形は、近い未来に 限られるということだと思います。

nuovo
質問者

お礼

なるほど。 回答ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• Outの使い方: “sent out” “help somebody out”

いつもお世話になります。 “out”の使い方で興味を持ちました。 たとえば、 “details will be sent to you soon”という表現と “details will be sent out to you soon”というのは、どのようにニュアンスが変わってきますか? また、おなじように“can anybody help her out?”と“help her”ではなく“help her out” という表現を耳にします。 なんとなくシチュエーションによってoutがつく場合の感覚はわかる気がしてきたのですが、どうしてなのかきちんと説明がつけられません。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• すみません、和訳お願いいたします。

すみません、和訳お願いいたします。 Hi, I have sent US$500 as part payment for this unit.I will sent you TT copy today as i have being told to go and pick it up in the afternoon.I will advise next week when i will sent you the balance.Thanks for understanding. Regards, Richard Harrison Mbobela.

• 助けてください。 英語のメールが理解できません。

ebyでの出品者からのメールが理解できません。 翻訳を助けてください。 Hello, Just to let you know the item was posted yesterday and will be with you within one week approximately. It was ten pounds less than I thought to send so I will refund the money into your paypal within the week. Unfortunately it wasnt possible to put tracking on the item once it left the UK. I have sent the items seperately to cut shipping costs so you will recieve the mug seperately.

• 英文メールの翻訳がわからず困っています。

通販サイトで注文をしたところ下記のような内容が来ました。 英語がわからないのですが、どなたか教えていただけますか? Dear customer, This email is from customer service team of www.focalprice.com. We regret that your order T2720209 has not been delivered for over seven days due to out of stock. We will be getting the item back in stock within 5 days. Would you like to continue waiting and we will ship it with top priority? Should we fail to get those in stock within this period, we'll notify you and propose for modification or cancellation. Please advice at your earliest convenience. Sincerely yours’ FocalPrice service team

• continue と last の違い

以下の文でcontinueとlastを入れ替えることは可能ですか? どちらでも使えるのでしょうか? The concert will begin soon and it'll continue until about five. The festival lasts for three days. continue と lastはどう違うのでしょうか?

• beの使われ方について教えてください

beについて理解していない点があるので教えてください。 以下の2文はどうニュアンスが違うのでしょうか? I'll back soon. I'll be back soon. 以下の2文も同様です。 How long will you stay? How long will you be staying? よろしくお願いします。」

• 英語の完了形

Buy your tickets as soon as you ( ) the station. 1 have reached 2 reach for 3 will arrive 4 will have arrive 答えは1なのですが 時を表す副詞節より 現在になるのはわかりましたが なぜ完了形になるのか よくわかりません…。 誰か詳しく教えてくださいませんか? お願いします!!!

• 海外商品の注文メールの返事について。

またお世話になります。よろしくお願いします。 以下の英文は海外に商品を注文した時の返信メールの一部なのですが、 ___________________________________ Your order will go out on Monday, therefore kindly let us know how you'd like it ship, otherwise we'll just send it by regular mail. ____________________________________________________________________________ カンマの真ん中の文 『therefore kindly let us know how you'd like it ship』 は文法的には 『like it ship』→『like it shipped』 が正しいと思うのですが、どうなんでしょうか? ネイティブからの返信なので、果たしてこんな基本的な間違いをするだろうか、それとも向こうの人間の文法は結構いい加減なのか、 それともただの私の勘違いなのか、 いろいろ気になったので質問させて頂きました。 よろしくお願い致します。 以下は以前の参考質問です。 http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/qa4796368.html

• 某海外通販で買い物しましたが、到着が遅いためメールで確認したところ返事

某海外通販で買い物しましたが、到着が遅いためメールで確認したところ返事が来ましたがイマイチ内容が分かりません。 どなたが、翻訳できる方お願いします。 Hello We will call royal mail / dhl today - and if no joy we will send you another order out as soon as possible. I can assure you we will get this item to you very soon. sorry for this unexpected delay or due to the delays would you prefer us refund you in full today. Thank You

• 海外通販でのメール 

↓のようなメールが届いたのですが、自動翻訳を使ってもいまいち意味が分かりません。翻訳できる方お願いしたいです。 We just received inventory and is in the process of shipping to you. However, we find the shipping cost to ship to you via UPS or DHL as your original choice was way too high for us to cover. Here is a list of choice to ship to you: USPS Priority Mail International $56.00 USD 6-10 business days USPS Priority Mail Express International $74.87 USD 3-5 business days UPS Worldwide Expedited® $82.76 USD 4-5 business days UPS Worldwide Saver® $84.79 USD 2-3 business days DHL Express Worldwide $85.52 USD 2-4 business days As you can see, Dhl and UPS are around 90$, we won't be able to cover the difference. We can use USPS priority to ship to you if that's ok with you, we will cover the extra charges. However I do need to let you know USPS is less reliable and a lot slower than UPS and DHL. It might take more than one month for your order to arrive after it's shipped. If you do not might the wait, we will ship it out via USPS priority for you. If you would like to use UPS or DHL, we will have to charge you the difference I'm so sorry about that. Or we can cancel your order for you if shipping is not ideal. Also, we need to inform you, you will be charged custom fees for importing U.S. goods into your country.Customs and import fees are separate from the shipping cost and are paid directly to your country's customs for importing USA goods - we have nothing to do with it nor have any control over these fees. You are responsible for any local customs, fees and duties on your order. You will either be contacted by your local delivery courier or UPS via phone and/or email. Failure to pay for import customs or refusal of the order will result in the items being shipped back to us. If the order is sent back to us, then you are responsible for the original shipping expenses, as well as any additional duties, fees, customs or taxes incurred in shipping the package back to us. We are very sorry in regards of the shipping situation. We wish we have more control over it and wish we are able to help more. Please let us know what works for you. Best, Chloe