• ベストアンサー

英作

英作の質問です。 ある程度まで自分で考えたのですが自信がないので添削をお願いします。 1)ふだん健康な人は、病気に対処するのが上手ではない。心配しすぎたり甘く見すぎたりする。  →Those who are usually healthy are not good at coping with illness. They too worry or underestimate about it. 2)ヨーロッパの古都に行ったことのある人ならば、街並みの美しさに感激したことがあるに違いない。  →Those who have been to ancient city in Europe must have been impressed by the beauth of the street. 3) 自分の仕事に妥協するようだと誰もがその道のプロにはなれないと思う。 私は頑固者だとよく言われるが、仕事に対する姿勢が真面目だからそう言われるのだ、というように理解している。  →I think if you compromise with your job, you can't be a professional of the field. I am told that・・・  よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#73834
noname#73834
回答No.2

あなたの訳で、ほとんどOKだと思いますよ。 まあ、あとはニュアンスの問題ですからね。 だから、敢えてXをつけるとすると―― (1)は、too の位置がおかしい。about は不要。 (2)は「古都」を an ancient city(古代都市)というのは大袈裟かと…。せいぜい a historic(由緒ある)town あたりが無難でしょうね。 あと「町並み」は難しいですよねえ。the view of the streets and [the] houses はどうです?平易ですし、誤解も生じないでしょう。 No.1氏が提案されたscenery は、「自然の風景」と辞書には書いてあるのでイマイチかと…。あなたの、beauty(美)というのも曖昧です。 なお個人的には have been to より、visitを使いたいけど、これは好みの問題。 (3)は、compromise with がマズそうです。 これは「人との和解」という意味なので、「妥協」→「自己満足」と置き換えてから英訳する必要があるでしょう。 No.1氏が「意訳しすぎ」と謙遜されていますが、不可欠なプロセスだと思います。

choco1218
質問者

お礼

とても分かりやすかったです。 細かく添削していただいて、参考になりました。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#86553
noname#86553
回答No.1

1)Those who are usually healthy are not good at coping with illness. They too worry or underestimate about it.  →Those who are usually healthy tend not to properly take care of illness. They (are likely to) take it too seriously or too lightly. underestimateにはaboutがつかないようです。 2)Those who have been to ancient city in Europe must have been impressed by the beauth of the street.  →Those who have been to an ancient city in Europe must be impressed by the beautiful scenery of the city. 「ことがあるに違いない」は現在形でもいいのではと思いました。 3)I think if you compromise with your job, you can't be a professional of the field. I am told that・・・ → I think if you are easily(half) satisfied with your work, you will not become a profeesional. You say that I alwasys(often) persists in going my way. I think that means I always take my profession seriously. 意訳しすぎの箇所がありますが、参考になりましたら幸いです。

choco1218
質問者

お礼

とても参考になりました。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳お願いします。

loneliness is a state of the heart with out love. I have been in places with hundreds of people who say they are my friend and still I felt lonely, but I never felt lonely with you. think what you want but you are special to me... I won't bother you with it anymore.

• 日本語訳で困っています。

うまく日本語訳ができません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)As a means of readjusting and staying in touch with the international scene, you may want to consider contacting students who have been abroad, who are currently abroad, or who are thinking about going abroad. (2)There are many ways of maintaining contact with friends you made overseas. (3)Discussing things and sharing experiences with others is almost always worthwhile. (4)The key is to build on the cross-cultural coping skills you now possess and to find conscious ways of introducing your new self into your personal and academic life, not seeing it as a dream or something unrelated to your future. 問題は以上です。文が長いので訳が難しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• copingの意味を教えてください

I have observed that some of the children have difficulties in coping with disappointment and accepting failures. 「間違いを受け入れることや、がっかりすることでcoping に問題を持つこどもが幾人かいることが見受けられました。」 おおよそこのようなことではないかと思うのですが、coping はどういう意味になるでしょうでしょうか。 よろしくおねがいいたします。

• 以下の和訳をお願いします。

こんにちは。お世話になります。以下の和訳をお願いします。 なるべく原文に即した形でお願い致します。ちょっとしたニュアンスのところが訳せず困っています。 お忙しいところすいませんが、お時間のある方よろしくおねがいいたします。 My employer/co-workers have discriminated against me. Some people act as though I am less competent than usual by others. I feel I have been treated with less respect than usual by others. I feel others are concerned they could “catch” my illness through Contact like a handshake or eating food I prepare. I feel others avoid me because of my illness. Some family members have rejected me because of my illness. I feel some friends have reject me because of my illness. I encounter embarrassing situations as a result of my illness. Due to my illness others seem to feel awkward and tense when they are around me. I have experienced financial hardship that has affected how I feel about myself. My job security has been affected by my illness. I have experienced financial hardship that has affected my relationship with others. I feel others think I am to blame for my illness. I do not feel I can be open with others about my illness. I fear someone telling others about my illness without my permission. I feel I need to keep my illness a secret. I feel I am at least partially to blame for my illness. I feel set apart from others who are well. I have a greater need than usual for reassurance that others care about me. I feel lonely more often than usual. Due to my illness, I have a sense of being unequal in my relationships with others. I feel less competent than I did before my illness. Due to my illness, I sometimes feel useless. Changes in my appearance have affected my social relationships.

• 英文の和訳

Those who have been exposed to radiation are the victims of no global struggle, but of our own desire for an abundant life. 和訳をお願いします。

• 訳していただけますか?

すみませんが、このような手紙が娘に送られてきてて、私としては何と書かれているのかわからないので、よければニュアンス等訳していただけないでしょうか? I am the one who called your office last week. I have been with your husband since he said he is going to divorce with you and since you two have been living separately. But now, you two are living together. How you two are going to be? If you two are going to back, he at least cheated me. Tell him, call me.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。欲しい商品を相手に伝えているんですがその事で返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願い致します。」 some items are out of stock, for those we do not have in stock i have noted below, if you are ok with the below items I can get you the estimate ASAP, however, the below items have slightly changed, please let me know if you are ok with this.

• この文の和訳をおねがいします。

この文の和訳をおねがいします。 The sad origin of St,Valentine Day will surprise those of you who have always been passionately involved in the romantic mood of this holiday

• Because of who you are の歌詞の意味

ゴスペルを習ってるのですがBecause of who you are の歌詞の意味がわかりません。 翻訳ソフトにかけると意味のわからない日本語になってしまって困ってます。 (ヘブライ語も混じってるようです) どなたか日本語と英語に精通されたかた助けていただけないでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 Because of who you are Because of who you are, I give you glory Because of who you are, I give you praise Because of who you are, I will lift my voice and say Lord, I worship you, because of who you are Jehovah, Jara, my provider Jehovah Nesa, Lord, you reign in victory Jehovah Shalom, my prince of peace And I worship you because of who you are

• 和訳をお願いします

長文で申し訳ありませんが、和訳をお願いします Oh I think you're facing a big challenge in your life now. I hope & I know that you can pass in all of those troubles & challenges that comes to you! No matter what happen always remember that "don't focus on how stressed you are, always remember how blessed you are!" Just Enjoy life & remember how lucky we are cause we're still surviving! Well I'm gonna share a picture & I hope it can spire you.... These are some of the pictures of those kids who we can say unlucky because they don't experience even the easiest way of living or simple life because they are growing up without their family beside them... In their poor age they have to experience some illness that they don't deserve...but still God give reason for them to smile...& for me if I'm going to compare what I have now, what challenges I'm facing now... It's nothing with all those kids experienced & nobody knows what will happen in their future... Just see how lucky we are!