• ベストアンサー

copingの意味を教えてください

I have observed that some of the children have difficulties in coping with disappointment and accepting failures. 「間違いを受け入れることや、がっかりすることでcoping に問題を持つこどもが幾人かいることが見受けられました。」 おおよそこのようなことではないかと思うのですが、coping はどういう意味になるでしょうでしょうか。 よろしくおねがいいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

間違いを受け入れたり、失望をうまく処理したりすることが難しい子どもたちが、幾人か居るのに気付いた。   cope は「対抗する」といった意味から、「~をうまく処理する」とか「~に対応する」という下記の自動詞の1のような意味になります。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=cope    

wordbuilder
質問者

お礼

そそっかしいことに、coping をcopying と、思い切り勘違いをしていました。訳を直してくださって、意味がよくわかりました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

原形の cope を辞書で引きましょう。cope with で「…に対処する」「…に付き合う」という意味が出ています。  失望や失敗を受け入れる際に巧く対処する、巧く付き合う と、なります。

wordbuilder
質問者

お礼

そそっかしいことに、coping をcopying と、思い切り勘違いをしていました。よくわかりました。ありがとうございました。

回答No.1

have difficulties in / coping with disappointment and accepting failures という点はおわかりのようです。 ここで accepting failures の部分が accept failures という動詞+目的語がもとになって動名詞句になっているように、 coping with disappointment の部分も cope with disappointment がもとになっています。 そこで、/ with disappointment / で「~で」と捉えるのでなく、 cope with ~で「~を処理する」という動詞句とお考えください。 ここではさらに「~を乗り切る、堪える」くらいの意味で 「失望を乗り切る」 あと、have difficulty in ~が正しく、 「~するのに苦労する」という定型表現です。

wordbuilder
質問者

お礼

そそっかしいことに、coping をcopying と、思い切り勘違いをしていました。詳しく説明していただいて、どのような句で繋がっているのかがよくわかりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• get はどういう意味?

“redshirting”という言葉の意味の説明で、さらに話題が広がり、 アメリカの幼稚園では、入園する際、子供を入園させずに1年間休ませる[留年させる]というケースがあるという内容で、文は途中からですが、以下のように続きます。 Some parents now have started to hold back their children not for psychological or mental reasons, for the child’s development, that is, but rather because they want the child to be bigger and stronger, when eventually, they play athletics, when they play sports. This gives the child, of course, certain physical advantages because they’ll be one of the oldest children in their kindergarten class, which means they’ll be one of the older and more physically developed children when they’re in fifth grade and ninth grade and so forth. The student may become the best athlete because they also have an extra year of playing sports. Many studies have shown that there is a big advantage to being a year older than your peers. Your “peers” (peers) are people who you go to school with, or people you work with, could also be your “peers.” It’s interesting to note that some families reach the opposite conclusion and try to get their child in early. 以上の文の一番最後のセンテンス It’s interesting to note that some families reach the opposite conclusion and try to get their child in early. この文章が何を言いたいのかと、それから、and 以下の意味がどうもわかりません。 get は目的語を伴う他動詞だと思いますが、getにはたくさん意味があるのと、文末のin earlyがどのような意味と働きをしているのか、教えていただけますでしょうか。 that 以下は興味深いとのことですが、何が興味深いかは、and で繋がれて、「ある家族は正反対の結果に至る」 、もう一つは「?」です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 正しい英文が選べません 文の構成がわかりません

適切な文を選ぶ問題でaの文が正しいのですが b,c,dの文の間違いがどこかわかりません(>_<) 文の構成もわからないので教えていただきたいのですが(>_<) a.The big challenge facing local health authorities in developing nations is the lack of medicine on the one hand and malnutrition of children on the other. b.Developing nations are largely challenged by local health authorities who are handicapped in the demand of medicine and malnutrition of children nearby. c.Both the lack of medicine and malnutrition of children at hand strongly challenge the developing nations on the grounds of local health authorities. d.Local health authorities have big challenge of coping with developing nations as well lack of medicine and malnutrition of children one way or other.

• 次の文の構文と意味が分りません。

Some local governments or companies have started offering a new service where people can experience the pleasures and difficulties of farming. 特に、where はこの文ではどのように使われているのでしょうか? どなたか詳しい方、よろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。在庫の確認をしたら下記のような返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 We will not have the exact same bags as every season we move on to new styles but we will do something similar. I have emailed you the file with similar styles that we have now in and some other new styles. Would you be interested in any of these..?

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a mother of three children, but it's the oldest my husband and I worry about. When "John" went to college, he started drinking a lot. I asked him about it then, and he admitted that he might have a problem, but he did nothing about it. That was 10 years ago. He has had two DWIs since, and he drinks every day. I found out from his girlfriend that he actually gets into the shower with a beer in his hand. I recently noticed that the whites of his eyes are yellow, which I'm told is a sign of liver damage. We've tried talking with John, but he denies he has a problem. My daughter and her friends have gone out socially with John, and she says he is fun to be with, and then suddenly a switch flips and he yells and curses. gone out socially with Johnはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。商品が到着したので相手にメールしたら返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 That's great, I am glad to hear that everything is fine with them and that your delivery got to you in one piece. Thank you for letting me know. We have some more and new stock which you might want to check out on our website. I have attached 2 images of the new 000, and I am looking forward to your comment.

• 英文和訳なるべく早くお願いします!

Something must have caused languages, even in the past and under traditional conditions, to diverge and to remain separate, in the face of all that contact. Here's how it happens. Any of us over the age of 40 has observed that languages change even over the course of just a few decades, with some words dropping out of use, new words being coined, and pronunciation shifting. For instance, whenever I revisit Germany , where I lived in 1961, young Germans notice that they have to explain to me some new German words (e.g, the new word Handi for cell phones, which didn't exist in 1961), and that I still use some old-fashioned German words that have been going out of use since 1961(e.g, jener/jene for "that/those"). But young Germans and I can still mostly understand each other well. Similarly, you American readers under the age of 40may not recognize some formerly popular English words like "ballyhoo," but incompensation you daily use the verb "to Google" and the participle "Googling" which didn't exist in my childhood.

• *長文読解no.3

質問が分かれています。 順番に投稿しますので訳もしくは解答を教えて頂けると助かります。 Some children will take longer than others to sort out some speech or language issue, or will have difficulties in areas which, for other children, will ((10)be a breeze)―even among brothers and sisters, including identical twins. These observations teach us to respect children's learning in two related ways: the time it takes, and the individuality of each child's learning. 【問1】The difference between speech and language is that 1)our ability to speak is often better than our language. 2)we use speech to talk about what we want to eat. 3)the classic illustration deals with speech, not language. 4)speech is a skill and language is a type of knowledge. 【問2】The writer uses the example of a child pronouncing “fish” to show that 1)children know more about language than they can produce. 2)the “sh” sound is difficult for young children to pronounce clearly. 3)children are likely to get angry when adults make fun of them. 4)children of deaf parents have more difficulty learning words. 【問3】An inability to speak clearly 1)suggests that there is a problem with language. 2)should concern parents if a child is over age 6. 3)is a problem that might need to be corrected in a teenager. 4)shows that speech and language depend on each other. 続きます。

• 和訳をお願いします!

英語のサンタの本?エッセイ?の一部なんですが、英語が全くわからないので 和訳していただけないでしょうか? Some little children doubt that Santa still lives because often their letters, for one reason or another, never seem to reach him. Nurses in hospitals know who some of these children are. Teachers in great city schools know others. Dear children of yesterday, won’t you try to seek out these trusting children of today and make sure that their letters in some way may reach Santa Claus so that “he will continue to make glad that heart of childhood”? That, I believe, is the best way of proving there is a Santa Claus, for ourselves and for the children. What will you tell your children about Santa Claus someday?

• どういう意味ですか?

どういう意味ですか? よろしくお願いします。 My sister : "The order should be available in the course of our instincts. Courtesywill be the means of communicating more enjoyable with our brothers. Imposition is the internal path when tells us the good, the brotherhood makes us attract mates for the same fellowship. Criticism is fruitful field when exercised in our inner world. And the weighting grows and grows our friendship in all directions. The barely worthy of comment is that we do; in reference to the other, the guard brings us confidence that all strive for the best. As a spiritual apprentice, you must be prepared to face the difficulties that are associated with every genuine spiritual quest and was determined to persist in their efforts and will. You should try to anticipate the obstacles that inevitably find along the way and understand that the key to successful practice is never abandon his determination. " I wish a lot of light in his ways Tenzin Gyatso master and Joanna de Angelis