• ベストアンサー

「in」について

お世話になります。 次の文章中の「in」について教えてください。 If we bought a used car that we ended up not liking, we wouldn't feel so bad about trading it in for a different one. (結局気に入らなくなるような中古車を買ったとしても、別の車を買うために下取りに出すのはそれほど後悔しないだろう) この「・・about trading it in for a different one.」のうちの、「in」は必要なのでしょうか?

• nuovo
  • お礼率92% (12/13)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#57682
noname#57682
回答No.3

trade in ...(for ...) = ~を下取りにして~を買う = idiom です。従って、in は必要です。separable phrasal verbなのでtrade in ... でも trade ... in でも使えます。 ネット例です。 I traded in my 2003 Prius for the Accord Hybrid. 単に trade ... for ... とすると、物々交換(等価交換)するという意味になります。 例文 I traded my old BMW 320 for his new BMW bicycle. 参考までに

nuovo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 「for」だけだと物々交換になってしまうんですね。 勉強になりました。

その他の回答 (2)

• taked4700
  • ベストアンサー率37% (777/2050)
回答No.2

「車を下取りに出す」は、trade in one's car と言いますから、必要です。 traid it in となるのは、代名詞のため、副詞のin の前に、itが移動したもの。 Please try it on. どうぞ、それを試着してください。 と同じです。

nuovo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 成句であって、「in」は移動しているんですね。 勉強になりました。

回答No.1

trade in A for B が成句なので必要です。

nuovo
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 仮定法

2文が同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語を入れなさい ・Were it not for the examination, I wouldn't study at all. =() the examination, I wouldn't study at all. ・I didn't have enough money; otherwise I could have bought it for you. =I didn't have enough money. If I ()()enough money, I could have bought it for you. ・It's time for him to get rid of such a bad habit. =It's time ()() rid of such a bad habit.

• in the months leading up

My husband and I socialize with another couple that we met at a meetup about a year and a half ago. Six months ago, the husband invited mine on a guys’ hiking weekend. In the six months leading up to it, it was discussed often and always as a guys-only weekend. On the car ride there, my husband found out that some men were bringing their wives. I am furious at the couple for lying to me. I wouldn’t have wanted to go, and I wouldn’t have been upset that my husband was going, but I do think it’s a huge lie considering we talked about it no less than 10 times in the months leading up. In the six months leading up to itは「ハイキングまでの6ヶ月の間に」でしょうか?あと、最後のin the months leading upの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• inの使い方を教えて下さい。

ツーリストという映画の中でアンジェリーナ・ジョリーがレストランでヤヌスの神様のアクセサリーの話をするシーンの英文を拾ってみました。 最後の一文で使われているinの用法が解りません。 "in someone we love" これは"誰かを愛する時"という訳で字幕が付いていたのですが、 whenみたいな使い方ができるということなのでしょうか?また、bothの使い方もboth of themとかにしなくて良いのでしょうか? 文法的にどのような解釈になるのか教えて下さい。 Elise: It's the um...the Roman god, Janus. My mother gave it to me when I was little. She wanted to teach me that people have two sides. A good side, a bad side, a past, a future. And that we must embrace both in someone we love. And I tried. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [訳] ローマの神様ヤヌスよ。 母が小さい頃にくれたの。 私に人には2つの顔が有ると教えようとしたの。 良い面、悪い面、過去、未来 人を愛する時には両方を受け入れなければならないの。 そして、そうしてみたの。

• よろしくお願いします

I just ended a relationship that I stayed in far too long. I felt like I needed to make it work because he gave me herpes, which made me feel like damaged goods. I realized nothing was worth staying in that relationship for, so I ended it and resigned myself to the fact that I would be single forever. worth staying in that relationship forのforはなぜ必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

To clarify the dynamics depending on k, we have reported a bifurcation diagram in Fig. 4. It shows different values of quantity for different values of k, particularly between 0.15 and 0.29. It is easily illustrated that we move from stability through a sequence of a period doubling bifurcations to chaos.

• we are in to とは何ですか?

[新TOEICテスト でる模試 もっと600問] 別冊 解答・解説 (1), P79 に、以下の文章があります。 In compliance with cultural heritage policies, we have preserved the building we are in to give our guests a memorable feel of the city. 文化遺産政策に準じ、町の印象的な記憶をお客様に届けるべく、私たちは建物を保存しています。 これが理解できません。個別の部分は理解できますが、それを接続している「we are in to」が理解できません。以下の文章なら理解できます。 We have preserved the building. Because, we want to give our guests a memorable feel of the city. なぜ、こう記述せずに「we are in to」と記述しているのか、なぜ「in」が必要なのか、が理解できません。私の感覚では、in は「We are in the park.」のような使い方をします。よって、in の直後に「to 動詞」が続く文法は理解できません。 インターネットで検索しても理解できなかったため、質問させていただきます。この文法の構造を教えていただけないでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。

• in her honor

I work in a small office (fewer than 20 employees), staffed entirely by women. This is usually a good thing, and we get along well and support one another. There is one employee, “June,” who has been with the company for three to four years, and who recently announced she is leaving to pursue an opportunity with another company. We congratulated her individually on her new opportunity, signed a group card each reiterating a similar message, and had a catered farewell lunch in her honor. After the lunch, another employee found June crying in her office. Apparently, June was upset that we hadn’t given her a parting gift in recognition of her time with the company. Now two employees are asking everyone to contribute toward a gift for June because of how upset she was. I have been at the company for 10 years, and to my knowledge, it is not standard practice for us to give gifts to departing employees unless they are retiring—which June is not. I don’t feel inclined to contribute toward a gift for a grown woman who threw a tantrum because she wasn’t offered a present. But if I don’t, I look like a “bad guy” to my colleagues who I have to continue to work with. Can I draw a line in the sand and opt out of a collective gift? in her honorとcollective giftの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 「~について」を表す in のニュアンス

「~について」をいう意味を表す場合に、in が使われることがたまにあると思います。 例) Can we lead the community of nations in taking on the common threats? She wants to verify what she thinks is a mistake in the bill. 以下、質問です。 ・どのような場合にinが用いられるのか? ・aboutなど同様の意味を持つ前置詞とはニュアンスの面で異なる部分があるのか? 回答をよろしくお願いします。

• for which is it being....

以下のdifferentから始まる文で、which の先行詞とitが指し示す内容をお教え願えないでしょうか。 また無理やり二文に分けたらどうなるでしょうか・・・・ 例:The reason for which she was late was that she didn't feel well. 無理やり2文に分けると The reason was that she didn't feel well. She was late for the reason. Different countries have each unique cultures and traditions for which it is being reflected in their clothing.

• Roland V-1HD

Dear Sir or Madam, I bought the Roland V-1D switcher for our small production company. The idea was it to use the swicher in combination with a green oder blu screen during a two-way. But we did many tests with different backgrounds and different lighting, the result was always not satisfying. Do you plan to release a software update in the near future with better chroma key performance? Thank you very much for your support. ※OKWaveより補足:「電子楽器メーカーローランド製品、ボス製品」についての質問です。