• 締切済み

the seniority system

http://www.mvsweddinginvitations.com/english/turnaroundmain.asp If time is pressing, for $20 over and above the regular shipping charge, you can request that we RUSH your order. We will process your order as quickly as possible and send it by overnight delivery when it is ready. 翌日に配達するのであって、翌日に商品が到着するのではないですね。 -------------------------------- The seniority system, a bedrock principle of unions since the mid 1800s, has come under growing attack from employer groups and conservative think tanks. They say that seniority is an outmoded practice for a global economy and modern workplace, where employers are fiercely competing to hire and retain the best and the brightest. the seniority system これは「年功序列制度」ですが、能力がある人が出世することを何と言いますか。

noname#9251
noname#9251
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• miroku
  • ベストアンサー率60% (14/23)
回答No.2

能力ある人が起用される仕組みは meritocracy といいます。日本語でもメリトクラシーといいます。

回答No.1

アメリカに35年ほど住んでいる者です。 Rushの件ですが、この文章では、会社内の注文書処理をできるだけ早く終える様にして、それが終われば翌日に配達されるサービスを使います。と言う事ですね。 ですから、翌日配達の宅急便を使いますが、注文を送ってからから翌日に届くと言うことではないですね。 seiniority systemに対して、能力主義はMerit systemと言います。 また、政治的コネを使っての出世の事はPolitical Favorismといいます。 これでいいでしょうか。 

noname#9251
質問者

お礼

Thank you very much.

関連するQ&A

• 海外ネットショッピングで違う商品が送られてきました

違うのが送られてきたので交換して欲しい といった内容のメールを送りました。 すると I am glad you received your order, but very sorry that it was not what you asked for, because we usually do not look at what the customer tells us the cost is, we send what they ask for, cling or mounted. Yes, I see now that your prices indicate mounted. We will do our best to get them ready as soon as possible. We are working 7 days a week now, since CHA Winter 08 was very successful for us this year. Let me get the order reentered and see what the crew can do with it. Again, sorry that we did not pay attention to your order. と返信が来ました。 交換してくれるのは分かったのですが正確な訳が知りたいです。 ご教示お願いします。

• 大変恐縮ですが下記の和訳をお願いいたします。

大変恐縮ですが下記の和訳をお願いいたします。 アメリカのアマゾンでオーダーして、なかなか発送されないので問い合わせたら以下のメールが届きました。 大丈夫だというのはわかったのですが、私の英語力では詳しい内容までは翻訳できません。 Hello, I'm sorry you didn't receive a confirmation e-mail of your estimate delivery date after placing your order. Let me help you with this. Our shipping estimates, take into account the time it takes to receive the item from our suppliers, pack it, and prepare it for shipment. I've check your order and see that Your order has entered the shipping process and is currently being packed for delivery. Rest assured that your package should be leaving our fulfillment center shortly; as soon as it has, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail. Estimated delivery date will be available once item is ship and assigned to a carrier. Don't worry, we will send an email when your order is shipped with the details so that you can track your package. Once shipped, you can view available tracking information from the order summary in Your Account: https://www.amazon.com.... I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best regards,

• イギリスからの英文メールの翻訳をお願いします

イギリスから商品を購入しようとして英文で困っています よろしくお願いします。 長くなりますが順を追って状況も書きます (1)イギリスのある会社の品をネットで注文して同時にpaypalで支払いました    (2)翌日このようなメールが届きました  (同メールにPROFORMA INVOICE という伝票がPDFで添付されていました) Thank you for placing your order with Bits from Bytes. Please find attached a pro forma invoice for the goods required. PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE ADDED THE SHIPPING COST OF £160.33. IF YOU ARE COLLECTING THIS ORDER PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND I WILL CHANGE IT. Please ensure payment is made for the goods as soon as possible. Once we have received your payment, your order will be processed and an email will be sent, confirming your updated order status. We kindly ask that payment is made for the total amount, and that you quote your BFB order number (starting with 20000) using one of the following methods: PayPal =  ****@*****.com Bank: 会社の口座の情報 Once we have received payment our sales team will contact you with regards to the shipping information. (3) なんとなく送料分の支払いが抜けてた? 自分で判断して  paypalでさらに160.33ポンド支払いました (4)すると翌日このようなメールが来ました  (同時に前と同じPDFが添付されていました) Thank you for your order, please find attached confirmation of your purchase order as receipt of payment for goods required. If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below. 以上の状況です (2)と(4)の英文の翻訳お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします

大変困っています・・・・ 海外のサイトで楽天カードが使用出来なかった為、キャンセルとなり AMEXカードに変更して注文しようとしたら次のようなメールがきました。 どなたかお分かりになる方よろしくおねがいします。 The way you would be able to place an order with us is that you would provide the associate with your item number(s) and/or descriptions, also the size, color, and quantity that you would like in the item(s). You would then provide your email address. If you have a Saks.com online profile, your information would come up automatically. If not, you would provide your first and last name, along with your shipping and/or billing address and a secure phone number. Next you would give your credit card information (i.e. card number, expiration date, security code, and name on card). After that we would enter any promotional codes or gift cards that you may have. We would then go over the order details to ensure accuracy and place the order, upon your request. After the order is confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation. Our Distribution Center receives the order and fills the order for you and prepares it for shipping. A tracking number is then generated for your order, and emailed to you. It is sent to our FedEx courier for processing and then shipped out to your shipping address. In the event that the item that you want is not online, we are able to check our stores for you. If the stock is high enough, we can place an order for the item(s) through our store Locator system. Once an order is placed on this system, it is sent to all stores showing stock for the desired item(s). The stores then have 7 days to pick up and fill the order. If not filled within that time, the system automatically cancels the order. If you are having trouble speaking with us over the phone, we recommend contacting us via our live chat option by clicking on the icon at the top of the screen. We have reviewed the items from your order. We do regret to inform you that the Prada Printed Logo Denim Tote Bag is no longer available. When you are ready to place the order, please contact us via live chat and one of our knowledgeable associates will gladly assist you with the order. !

• 下記の英文を訳してください。

ネットショップからいただいたメールです。どなたか翻訳お願いいたします。 Thank you for your order, We received about your request and the free print(A2 size) would add in your package, would you mind to take the font view of the damage one? We are sorry about for the happen but hope you could understand that the delivery is depends of the post office and postman, if you have any question that please feel free for contact us firstly, we would trying to help you solve it. Thank you and looking for your reply

• We hope you all the best

I have processed the full refund for your Amazon order:# ---. Please note that it can take 3-7 business days until the money is back into your account, which depends on your payment method. We hope you all the best and appreciate your patience. 上記の内容ですが、「 We hope you all the best and appreciate your patience.」を日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? 外国人です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳して欲しい文がありますm(_ _)m

海外からのメールで、何となくは分かるのですが、上手く訳せず返信に困っています どなたか、訳していただけないでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。 We will inquire for the letter and hope that it still turns up. Don't worry-in case it is lost,we will ask for a refund and return your payment. Please allow 2 weeks for the inquiry or that the letter still arrives. 以上になります。

• 米国サイトで購入後のメール内容を教えて下さい。

米国のB&Hという通算サイトから商品を購入するためにクレジット決済をしました。 日本への発送先情報(氏名や住所、携帯、メールアドレスなど)も入力しました。 その後、私が登録したメールアドレス宛へ、以下の内容でメールが届きましたが、英語がわからないため困っております。 以下のメール内容は、なにを尋ねてきているのでしょうか? この場合、どのような内容で返信をすれば良いのでしょうか? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear SHOTA FUJINO, We thank you for your recent order. However, due to the fact that this order was paid with a credit card issued outside the USA, we are missing some important security information, such as address verification and so we have to take additional steps to protect the credit card holder, thus your order is on hold. Therefore, we ask respectfully that you provide us with some additional information such as a link to your online profile at Facebook or LinkedIn or a similar page; Additionally, if you have a work email address with a valid domain and can respond from it that can be used as well. Please understand that we want to expedite the verification process, so the faster we get a response the faster we can process this order. Please write your order number on all correspondence. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks in advance for your understanding in this matter. Thank you, Geoffrey B&H Verification Department -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 下記の英文の翻訳をお願いいたします。

自分で訳してみたのですが、どうもよく解らなくて困っています。 翻訳機でなく翻訳できる方にお願いいたします。 I understand your concern that item has returned to you by Shipping service as address description was wrong. I reviewed your order #103-2109678-8381029 and checked all the details precisely and found that the buyer address is correct and I have searched it on www.Google.com and I searched it successfully. I would like to inform you that you have to contact your postal service for correcting the details as buyer address is correct and the item is returned to you wrongly. I hope the information mentioned above helps in resolving your issue. どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

海外通販でクレジットカードを使用しました。 恐らく本人確認のためのメッセージを受け取りましたが、 具体的に何をすればよいのかがわからなかったので、和訳をしてもらえると助かります。 すいませんが、お願いします。 Payment Verification We request one additional security step completed so that you can process your order. This additional security measure is done to help protect your account from possible credit card fraud. You have been issued a small refund that will appear in your online reporting for your credit card issued from TCGplayer to help us verify that you are the account holder for your credit card. 1. This amount will appear on your credit card account within 1 - 5 days, depending on your credit card service. 2. It may be reflected as a purchase amount on your statement that is lower than the actual purchase amount of your total order. The difference between your total order amount and what we charged would then be the amount we refunded. 3. Please confirm this amount and reply back using the Message Center with the exact amount of the refund. 4. Once confirmed we will ship your order! Please note, If you are unable to respond back this order may be refunded in full. Thank You