短縮してみました。【3】

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Anybody out here was undoubtedly a Navajo. (out の意味は?Navajoというのは原住民のこと)
  • It was as if he had just stepped out of a car. (どのように訳せばよいでしょう)
  • I found it was cool to the touch. (このtoの使い方は?)
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

ちょっと引っかかってます【3】

Anybody out here was undoubtedly a Navajo. (out の意味は?Navajoというのは原住民のこと) It was as if he had just stepped out of a car. (どのように訳せばよいでしょう) I found it was cool to the touch. (このtoの使い方は?) Baker started the engine."Gallop it is." (Gallopは地名です。「ギャロップだ。」でいいのでしょうか) Back on the main highway, they made better time. (make batter time てなんでしょう) Keep in family. (この意味は?) She fell into step with them. (この意味は?) 看護婦の提案"You might want to go get lunch." (どう訳せば?) And because it's way down at the quantum level, it's called quantum foam. (quantum=量子、way downとは?) It would have to be unusually complete, because the patient had died. (どう訳せば?) Clearly, he was giving her hell. (どう訳せば?) Big fucking deal. (どう訳せば?) 気になったのだけでいいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#2733
noname#2733
回答No.2

質問多いですね!SFがお好きでしょうか? Anybody out here was undoubtedly a Navajo. こんなところに(住んで)いるとしたら、Navajoである事に間違いない。 outは外の意味ですが、この場合の外とは普通いないところの意味での場所。 It was as if he had just stepped out of a car. 車から降りた直後のような感覚であった。 前後の文章が分からないと、この程度の訳にしかなりません。 I found it was cool to the touch. 触ると冷たかった。 to the touchと言う使い方です。文法は他の方にお任せします。 Baker started the engine."Gallop it is." ギャロップで決まり。要するにどこに行くのかを議論していた結論の部分であると思います。ギャロップに行くことにした、との意味です。 Back on the main highway, they made better time. 早かった、との意味です。時間の改善とは短くする事ですので、目的に到着する時間を短縮できた、との事。 Keep in family. 外部には秘密にする、との感じです。場合によっては実際の家族ではなく、グループとか、会社とか、色々とあります。普通はkeep in the familyでしょう。 She fell into step with them. 並んだ。歩くリズムを合わせたとの意味。Fall into step。 You might want to go get lunch. 外で食事でもしたら?未だ時間がかかるよ。 And because it's way down at the quantum level, it's called quantum foam. この場合ではとても深い(小さい)、との意味です。way down deepとも言えます。 It would have to be unusually complete, because the patient had died. これこそ前後の文章がないと分かりませんが、想像でですが、患者が死んでしまったので、特にItの完成度が異常に高くなければならない、でお分かりになりますか。 Clearly, he was giving her hell. 明らかに彼は彼女を虐めていた。又は彼女に嫌な思いをさせていた。domestic violenceとか。 Big fucking deal. これって難しいです。だから何だよ!大したものじゃねぇや!前後により色々です。 ご存じの通り、上品な表現ではありません。使わないでくださいね。 60点ぐらいかな?

otafukutiger
質問者

お礼

相手に提案をするときに、 You might want to go get lunch. という表現を使うというのがなれていないせいもあり、よくつかめません。 直訳すると、「あなたは昼食を食べにいきたいかもしれない」ですよね。 ここら辺をうまく説明していただけるとうれしいです。 その他はよくわかりました。 make better time(早くする) keep the family(外部には秘密にする) fall into step(並んだ。歩くリズムを合わせた) give O hell(いじめる) ですね。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#2733
noname#2733
回答No.3

You might want to go get lunch. 直訳ではないかも知れませんが、「あなたは昼食を食べに行きたくなるかも知れませんよ」です。と言う事は「昼食を食べてきてください」の意味で、丁寧な言い方であります。Why don't you go get lunchよりソフトな言い方です。簡単な例ですが、 You might want to go get lunch first, as we have a heavy schedule from noon. The presentation is running late, so you might want to go get lunch. You might want to read this reply again from the very beginning. 会話で使う表現です。

otafukutiger
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 婉曲的な表現ということですね。

• dara135
  • ベストアンサー率27% (14/51)
回答No.1

toの使い方はわかりませんが、英訳はこのサイトで訳してみてはどうですか??

参考URL:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/text/
otafukutiger
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

曲が演奏されているときに突然誰かの携帯が鳴った。 Suddenly someone's cellular phone rang while one was performing a music. 雨が降っていたので彼は出かけずに家にいた。 Because it was raining,he was home instead of going out. 彼は仕事でニューヨークに行かざるをえなかった。 He had to go to N.Y. because of his business. お願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません But it had also been suggested by the book that he had just taken out of the drawer. it was a peculiarly beautiful book. its smooth creamy paper, a little yellowed by age, was of a kind that had not been manufactured for at least forty years past. He could guess, however, that the book was much older than that. He had seen it lying in the window of a frowzy little junk-shop in a slummy quarter of the town ( just what quarter he did not now remember ) and had been stricken immediately by an overwhelming desire to possess it. party members were supposed not to go into ordinary shops ( ‘dealing on the free market ’, it was called), but the rule was not strictly kept, because there were various things such as shoelaces and razor blades which it was impossible to get hold of in any other way. He had given a quick glance up and down the street and then had slipped inside and bought the book for two dollars fifty. At the time he was not conscious of wanting it for any particular purpose He had carried it guiltily home in his briefcase. Even with nothing written in it, it was a com-promising possession この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです。

• 小説を読んでいてわからない表現【3】

小説を読んでいてどうしても理解できない部分がありました。 6. He could hardly have been blamed. (「彼にはほとんど責任がなかっただろう」で、いいでしょうか? もう少しうまい訳し方があったら教えてください) 7. These questions you ask. That was the way it was. (wayの用法と意味を教えてください) 8. It was certainly possible, given that his eyes had been closed for a good second or two before he fired. (given、goodの意味を教えてください) 9. But Alan, in a lousy mood, needed to take it out on someone, so he took it out by making Sean feel even worse. (訳をしてください[涙]) 10. I wouldn’t want to be doing that if I couldn’t use a gun, so it’s only fair that I make you ready. (be doin周辺の意味がわかりません) 教えてください。 宜しくおねがいします。

• 英語、空欄補充問題。教えてください。

問1 He was kind enough to show me the way. He was ( )kind ( ) to show me the way. 問2 It's such a good chance that we mustn't miss it. It's ( ) good a chance ( ) miss. の、それぞれ2つの文が同じ内容になるように空欄に入る語を入れる問題です。 教えてください。お願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

Margie even wrote about it that night in her diary. On the page headed May 17 , 2155 , she wrote , “Today tommy found a real book..” It was a very old book. Margie's grandfather had heard about books like it When he was a little boy. He once said his grandfather had told them that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper. They turned the pages , which were yellow. It was very funny to read the word. They stood still, instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen , you know. And then , when they turned back to the page before , it had the same words on it. It was just the same as it had been when they read it the first time. “Oh,” said Tommy. “What a waste!” When you're through with the book , you just throw it away , I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it , and it's good for many more. “Same with mine ,” said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said , “Where did you find it?” “In my house.” He pointed without looking , because he was busy reading. “In the attic.” “What's it about?” “School.”

• as (reason / time)の文章について

as(reason/time)の勉強をしていますが、素朴な疑問がでましたので、教えてくださると助かります。 下記の文章を→のように変えることも可能ですか? as に関係なしに文法のルールがあるのでしょうか? それとも、asを使うときは、「してること」が先に「出来事」を後に書くというルールなどがあるのでしょうか? <Reason> (1)As it was a public holiday, all the shops were shut.   → All the shops were shut as it was a public holiday. (2)As they live near us, we see them quite often. → We see them quite often as they live neat us. (3)We watched television all evening as we had nothing better to do. → As we had nothing better to do, we watched television all evening. <Time> (4)Tim slipped as he was getting off the bus. → As Tim was getting off the bus, he slipped. (5)The thief was seen as he was climbing over the wall. → As he was climbing over the wall, the thief was seen. (6)As I sat down, the phone rang. → The phone rang as I sat down. → As the phone rang, I sat down. (意味が変わりそうですが。。) (7)As we were going out, it stared to rain. → It stared to rain as we were going out. → As it stared to rain, we were going out. (これも意味が変わりそうですが) もし、as以前に基本的な文法がわかっていないと思う場合は文法の何を勉強すればいいのか こちらのアドバイスも頂けると大変嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

翻訳機はなしで^^; Margie even wrote about it that night in her diary. On the page headed May 17, 2155, she wrote, 'Today Tommy found a real book." It was a very old book. Margie's grandfather had heard about books like it when he was a little boy. He once said his grandfather had told them that there was a time when all stories were printed on paper. They turned the pages, which were yellow. It was very funny to read the words. They stood still, instead of moving the way they were supposed to - on a screen, you know. And then, when they turned back to the page before, it had the same words on it. It was just the same as it had been when they read it the first time. "Oh," said Tommy. "What a waste! When you're through with the book, you just throw it away, I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it, and it's good for many more. I wouldn't throw it away." "Same with mine," said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said, 'Where did you find it?' "In my house." He pointed without looking, because he was busy reading. "In the attic." "What's it about?" "School."

• 翻訳願います

(1)It's got to have something to do with who he was staking out. (2)Which means it has something to do with who he was staking out. be got to do ~するに違いない who 以下の節は文章中でどんな役割なんでしょう?

• 英文添削をお願いします

we ate Italian dinner though we had had chinese dinners by this time, because he said he wanted to see the difference between the real Italian food and Italian food in China. he said there was the difference between them but this was good. Actually, it was really good for me too. 我々はこの日まで、中華料理を食べていたのですが、このときはイタリアンを食べました。なぜなら彼が、本場のイタリアンと中国のイタリアンの差が知りたいといったからです。彼は、違いはあるが美味しいと言いました。私にとってもそれは美味しかったです。 英文添削をお願いします。 不自然な表現や、意味のおかしなところ、より良い言い方を教えていただけるとうれしいです。 お願いします。

• 解説お願いします。

解説をお願いします。 Although the world was known by educated people to be a sphere,nobody had been all the way around it, and in Columbus's time nobody knew how big it was. 上記ですが、「nobody had been all the way around it」の部分の構造が分かりません。 ●nobody(S) had been(V) all the way(副) around it(副).  all the way=はるばる と本には書いてありましたが、be動詞の訳はどうしたら良いでしょうか? お願いします。