• ベストアンサー

添削お願いします。

英会話教室用にスピーチを考えましたが、だんだん書いているうちに判らなくなってきました。特に"He understands that they wish their babies happiness and the possibility of meaning, or a particular sound that Kanji has." は、「作者は、両親が子供の幸せと可能性を漢字の意味と音にたくしていることを理解している。」と言う意味で書きましたが、どうでしょうか? 他にも指摘がありましたら、お願いいたします。 Yesterday, I read a book review. The book title was, `Yominikui namae ha naze fuetaka?` Translating this literally into English, `Why did the names that were unreadable increase?` The writer asks why, in these days, so many parents name their children unreadable names using difficult Kanji. He understands that they wish their babies happiness and the possibility of meaning, or a particular sound that Kanji has. Some parents also really worry about distinguishing their babies from others. Thus, they choose difficult Kanji to read and unusual ways to pronounce them. Also, he warns that these trends might ruin the system of Kanji that has a long history. I generally agree with him, and think that we need some more strict rules for naming babies.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • siey0720
  • ベストアンサー率21% (12/55)
回答No.3

少しくどい気がしました。スピーチですからもっと文を短めにした方がいい気がします。また、strict の比較級は stricter でいいのではないかと思いました。 I read a book "Yominikui namae ha naze fuetaka?" yasterday. That means why Japanese parents tend to name their babies with difficlt Kanji these days ? The writer answers to it. You know each kanji has its own meaning, and parents want their babies to be happy with auspicious kanji names. And some parents don't like their babie's name to be too common.They think baby's name is a "special gift" to their babies. That's the reason they tend to use Kanji which most Janpnese people can't even just read ! Author saids, this trend might ruin kanji system which has a long history. I agree with him. And I also think we need stricter rules for baby-naming. ※auspicious :縁起の良い

abankhirom
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 「こんな風にも書けるのかぁ。」と感心してしまいました。 これぐらいだといかにもしゃべってるって感じがして、大好きです。 これから、毎週あるのですが、なるべく軽くしゃべることを頭に入れて考えていきたいと思います。

その他の回答 (2)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.2

意味は完全に分かりますし、大変お上手だと思います。でも少しばかり、表現方法を変えて書いてみました。完全ではありませんが、かなり、外国人には判りやすくなったのかなと、、、スピーチの趣旨は全く変えておりません、単純に英文とその流れをどのようにうまく簡潔に訴えるかに関してだけ、、、ここは質問者の本来の質問の趣旨に出来るだけ沿ってお答えする場所と心得ておりますので。 Yesterday, I read a book review. It is tiled "Yominikui namae ha naze fuetaka?" meaning, "We have more & more names hard to read now, why?" The writer asks why,in these days,so more parents like to name their children in unreadable difficult Kanji. He points out that they do so just to wish their babies future happiness and limiteless potentiality simply from complicated sounding these difficult Kanji give. It seems,he says,some want to let their kids names look and sound different from other ordinary names. So, they likely select difficult Kanji hard to read and let others read sometimes in unusual pronouncing, trying to show the names looking and sounding different and special. Also he warns that these funny trend might possibly damage our traditional naming system in Kanji. I generally agree with him and think some more strict rules might be needed for ordinary naming and reading.

abankhirom
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 プリントアウトして、よくよく読ませていただき、参考にさせていただきます。

回答No.1

個々の英文の優劣はおいといて、スピーチであれば何が話したいテーマが不明瞭です。 1)本の紹介をしたい または、 2)子供の名前を付ける場合の問題点を考えたい のどちらでしょうか? 通常の英語でのスピーチ(文章を書く場合も同様)では、冒頭とまとめは同じ内容です。 冒頭は本の紹介をして、最後は子供の名づけに関する考えを述べるのはスピーチの目的が不明瞭になります。 文頭を生かすのであれば、まとめは例えば、「このようにこの本は子供の名前における漢字の使い方への筆者の考えを述べてます。面白い本なので是非、本(レビューでは無く)私も読みたいと思います。」などのまとめになりますし、 逆にまとめを生かすのであれば、「昨日、私は本のレビューを通して、子供の名前の漢字について、新たな考えを持ちました。」などから始まるほうが自然です。

abankhirom
質問者

お礼

ご指摘ありがとうございました。 9月から先生が変わって、ショートスピーチをすることになりました。 今まで、何も考えずに思いつくままにしゃべっていただけでしたので、何をどう書いたらいいのか?まして英語で。 よくよく考えてみたら、”2)子供の名前を付ける場合の問題点を考えたい”という主旨のことを書きたいのだと思い当たりました。 月曜がクラスですので、もう少し考えて書いてみます。

関連するQ&A

• この文の構造がよくわかりません。

They believe that she has found their pets by "talking" to them over long distances, has discovered their illnesses, and has even solved their emotional problems. that以下はshe has..., (she)has..., and (she)has...ですか。 また she has found their pets by talking to them...の文の意味がよくわかりません。themはtheir petsのことらしいです。

• 添削お願いしいます

He was confident and strong will that change their future in their own power. He had a power of expression to show clearly his audience that is he imaged a future vision 「彼は自分達の力で国の未来を変えるという決意と自信にあふれている。将来のビジョンをイメージとして明確に聴衆に見せる表現力がある。」 こちらの英文を添削お願いします。

• この訳がまとまりません。

英語の訳をしています。(契約書です) ばらしながら考えているのですが、なんだか同じ事を繰り返しているようで 文章がまとまりません。 要するに、活動に参加する際に怪我などのリスクが生じる事があるけど、ちゃんとそんな事があることを理解してそれを同意しているか。 っと言う事が聞きたいのだと言うのは分かるのですが、うまくまとまりません。 アドバイスをいただけないでしょうか? The client understands that there are risks incident to such activities and understands and acknowledges that he or she is aware of and understands and agrees, that the client fully assumes all such risks. The client understands (お客様は理解をしている) that there are risks incident to such activities and understands and acknowledges (活動の際に生じる危険(怪我など)があることを理解し、承知している) that he or she is aware of and understands and agrees, (彼/彼女は理解し同意しているのを承知している) that the client fully assumes all such risks. (クライアントは全てのそうした危険を十分に推測している) うーん。混乱しています。

• 添削をお願いします。

His language has the richness and sententious fullness of the Chinese. 彼の言葉は豊かで、中国の教訓的豊かさをもっています。 He will express a phrase in a word, and he will qualify the meaning of an entire sentence by a syllable; he will even convey different significations by the simplest inflections of the voice. 彼は一言で言葉を表現するでしょう。そして一音節で全文の意味を修正するでしょう。すなわち、まさにもっとも簡単な声の抑揚で、違う意味を伝えるでしょう。

• 添削してください

現代文の授業のときに下記のような一節がありました。 暇だったのでそれをもとに英訳したのですが書き始めると どこか間違えているのではないかと不安に思ってきました そこで!添削してくださいm(__)m 私としてはbelieve in thatのところが非常にアヤシイと 思っているのですがきっとそれ以外にも間違いが多々 あると思います。 どうがやさしく教えてください。 実は自分は自由だと信じている人(危機感のないひと) こそが彼ら自身の中にある偏見から自由でない。 というのは、そういう人は常に自分のした行動と思考に ついてよく調べたり考えたりすることを怠りがちであるからだ。 In fact, the very persons who believe in that they are free ; they don't sence of crisis, aren't free from rejudice that lies in their heart. because such a peasons tend to be neglectful of their good chacking and thinking about what they think and what they act at any moment.

• 添削してください

He stopped shooting if the weather is not suitable for that scene. 「彼は天候が適していなければ、その日の撮影を中止したりした」 He has rehearsed actors many times and has been made thoroughly useful 「彼は俳優に何度もリハーサルを行い、徹底的に役になりきらせている」 For example, he said the new actor that it is not walk as a samurai, and shots many times of a just walking scene. 「例えば、ただ歩くだけのシーンを、「それは侍の歩き方じゃない」と言い何度も撮り直した」 以上の英文が正しく作られているか、添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 上手な日本語訳にしていただけませんか?

上手な日本語訳にしていただけませんか? お願いします。 Historically, he says, KANBUN(Chinese writing) was skillfully adapted to create a vibrant and unique Japanese language - yet the average person still has the skills to grasp the meaning of a Chinese newspaper.He points to Japan's ability to absorb foreign culture, and praises the MEIJI ara translators who were able to create KANJI images ti convey Western consepts and ideas, a challenging intellectual tradition carried into the 20th century. As examples, he cites the KANJI sharacters for the " League of Nation " and " United Nation " abd such catchy creations an gorin (KANJI meaning " five circles ") to convey the concept of the Olympics.

• 添削をお願いします。

Whatever may be the truth, as respects the root and the genius of the Indian tongues, it is quite certain they are now so distinct in their words as to possess most of the disadvantages of strange languages; hence much of the embarrassment that has arisen in learning their histories, and most of the uncertainty which exists in their traditions. 真実がどうであれ、インディアン語のルートや特質を考慮すると、彼らは今、慣れない言語(そのために彼らの歴史を学ぶにはたくさんの困難があった)で不利であり、伝説の中に不確実なことが多いため、自分の言語のほうが非常に明瞭なのは全く確実である。

• 英文の添削お願いします。

課題文:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people should start to live on their own and become indepentent of their parents as early as possible.Give reasons to support your opinion. 解答: (1)I think young people should start to live on their own and become independent of their parents as early as possible. (2)I think so because,when they start working they will have to do everything by theirselves.Their parents won't help them any more.If they are not independent of their parents,they cannot work. (3)Second, if they start to live on their own,they will know that doing houseworks such as making meals,cleaning rooms is hard work. (4)And the most important reason is that,when they have their children,they have to teach their children a lot of things by them selves.If they are not indepentent of their parents,they can't raise their children properly. (5)I have friends who live on their own.They are doing everything by theirselves,so they look confident. (6)With above reasons I think young peole should start to live on their own and becomeindependent of their parents.約150words,30分 TOEFL対策の問題です。 後々読み直してみると、 firstがないのにsecondを使ったり、 一番大事な理由を述べているパラグラフの位置が中途半端だったり、 無駄にパラグラフを多くしてしまった点がよくなかったように思います。 文章構成・表現・文法なんでも稚拙な部分が多くあると思うので直したほうがよい所やアドバイスがあったらぜひ教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

This story of this movie is three people (bandit, wife and samurai) made a different claim. They said that a criminal is yourself. They wanted to protect their pride rather than their own lives. Despite of black-and-white, I felt the glare of the sun and the images is beautiful. 「この映画では全員がみんな違った主張をし、それぞれ自分が犯人だと言います。 3人とも自分の命が助かることよりも、プライドを守りたかったのです。 白黒映画にもかかわらず、映像は美しく、太陽の眩しさを感じました。」 こちらの英文を添削してください。 よろしくお願いします。