• ベストアンサー

英語の訳について

Over the last few years, we've heard a lot about something called family values. And like many of you, I've struggled to figure out what that means. But since my accident, I've found a definition that seems to make sense. I think it means that we've all family, that we all have to have value. And if that's true, if America really is a family, then we have to recognize that many members of our family are hurting.の文章なのですが自分で訳してみたもののあっているのかがわかりません。英語が得意な人教えてください。 過去2、3年にわたって、我々はたいへん、家族主義的価値観と呼ばれている何かについて聞かされました。そして、あなたの多くの様に、私はそれが何を意味するかわかるのに苦労しました。しかし、私の事故以来、私は意味をなすようである定義を見つけました。私は、それが我々には全ての家族がある、みんなが価値を持たなければならないことを意味すると思います。そして、それが真実ならば、アメリカが本当に家族であるならば、我々は我々の家族の多くのメンバーがつらくなっていると認めなければなりません。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Maya082
  • ベストアンサー率32% (18/56)
回答No.3

大意は合っていると思います。 部分的にこちらの訳例を挙げます Over the last few years → ここ数年間 a lot → 大いに many of you → あなたたちの多く have struggled to figure out → 意味するかを理解するために戦った a definition that seems to meke sense → 理解できるように思える定義 are hurting → 苦痛を感じている 参考まで。

genius-boy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。参考になりました!!

その他の回答 (2)

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.2

この数年来、私たちは家族主義的価値観と呼ばれるものについて度々 聞かされてきました。そして、あなたがたの多くがそうであるように、 私もそれが何を意味するのだろうと、それを理解する格闘を続けてき たのです。しかし、私の事故のおかげで、私はそれが意味すると思え るような定義を見出しました。私が思うに、家族主義的価値観とは、 私たちにはだれでも家族があるということ、そして私たちはみんな 価値をもっているのということだと思います。そして、もしそれが正 しいのなら、アメリカが本当にひとつの家族であるのなら、そのとき には、私たちアメリカ人の家族のメンバーの多くが傷ついていること を認識しなければならないのだと思います。

genius-boy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございま~す。助かりました!!

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

ご質問者の訳で、あっていると思います。 私も訳してみましたので、ご参考まで。 ここ2~3年の間、家族的価値観というものについて、私たちは多くのことを聞いてきました。そして、私も、皆さんの多くと同様、その意味を理解しようと苦労してきました。しかし、私は、事故に遭って以来、筋が通っているように見える定義を発見しました。それは、私たちにはみんな家族があるということ、私たちにはみんな価値がなければならないということだと、私は思います。そして、もしそれが正しいなら、アメリカが本当にひとつの家族であるなら、私たちの家族の中に傷ついている人がたくさんいることに気づかなければいけません。

genius-boy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございま~す。助かりました!!

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳。

こんばんは。↓の問題なのですが教えてください。 We never get to see or do the things I've talked about because you're not here any more--and that is a hurt that we cannot describe. の訳なんですが、「私たちは見るようにしなかった。また話すことをしなかった(?)なぜならあなたはもうここにいないし、私たちは記述できない(?)気持ちだから。」 絶対違いますよね・・・。教えてください。単語の意味がちがうのでしょうか・・。よろしくお願致します。

• 訳を教えてください

I am a very private person, but I have a family member who asks too many questions (of everyone) all the time -- silly questions, personal questions, medical questions, etc. I have spoken to her privately about this -- telling her that I am not comfortable with the constant questions -- multiple times. However, she will not stop. She says it doesn't bother her. I have tried to change the subject when she gets into a line of questioning; she brings it back. she brings it backの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の質問

問質問1 I heard from non-Japanese people that the Japanese lack a sense of humor, but it is not impossible. 外国人から[日本人はユーモアのセンスがないといった声をきくこともあるが、とんでもない話である。 質問 (1)とんでもないを、it is not impossible とかout of the question でもよいか?  (2)日本人はユーモアのセンスがないといった声をきくこともあるが、I heard from non-Japanese people that the Japanese lack a sense of humorでもよいか?あるいは「 It is often said that Japanese people lack a sense of humor, but I disagree.」のほうがよいか。 質問2 “ Sazaesan” by Hasegawa Machiko is a contrast to “ Blondie”, American cartoon in newspaper, in the point that the first one describes a family of three generation living together and the second centered-couple family. 日本語: 長谷川町子の「さざえさん」は3世代の同居の家族を描いている点で、アメリカの新聞マンガ“Blondie”が夫婦中心の家族を描いてるのと対照的である。 質問:(1)アメリカの新聞マンガをAmerican cartoon in newspaper,でもよいか。    (2)文章のまちがいとかはよいか。 質問3 1)We don’t know how many fish is dead and will die at all. 2)We have no means of telling how many fish have died or will die. 1と2では同じような意味をあらわしちるとおもいますか?

• 訳を教えてください

Two weeks ago I attended a holiday party with my boyfriend and his family. We’ve been together for three years, and since we moved to his hometown, I’ve gotten to know his parents and sisters better. I forgot about new medication I was taking, had a few drinks, and became drunker than I have ever been in my life. (Counting this event, I’ve only been drunk three times, so it’s extremely out of character for me.) I now know that I did something so horrible at the party that my boyfriend broke up with me via text and told me he has no interest in speaking to me ever again. I’m devastated. My now ex-boyfriend is the sweetest man I know, so I had to have done something cruel for him to do this. I had to have done something cruel for him to do thisの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 訳について

Sure, we've got to balance the budget. And we will. We have to be extremely careful with every dollar that we spend. But we've also got to take of our family and not slash programs people need. We should be enabling, healing, curing.One of the smartest things we can do about disability is invest in research that will protect us from disease and lead to cures. This country has a long history of doing just that. When we put our minds to a problem, we can usually find solutions. But our scientists can do more. And we've got to give them the chance.の翻訳お願いします。自分で訳したら「確かに、我々は予算の均衡を保たなければなりません。そして、我々はそうします。我々は、我々が使うあらゆるドルに、とても注意しなければなりません。しかし、我々は家族を取って、人々が必要とするプログラムを切らなくなりもしました。我々は効果的でなければなりません。そして、回復します。そして、病気が直ります。我々が障害についてすることができる最も利口なことのうちの1つは、我々を病気から保護して、治療に至る研究に投資することです。この国には、ちょうどそれをした長い経歴があります。我々が我々の心を問題に至らせたとき、我々は通常解決を見つけることができます。しかし、我々の科学者は、それ以上のことができます。そして、我々は彼らにチャンスを与えなければなりません。」となりました。

• 英語の訳をして欲しいです

一度訳したのですがどうしても変な訳になって内容があまりよくつかめないのでどなたか訳していただけませんか⁇  Once I've got a friend, I'll be careful not to presume on him or her. That we might be " bothering" someone is an everlasting concern of Americans, even among good friends. " Irish people live in each other's pockets," said one woman ." It's completely different here. You keep your distance." I will be very hesitant to ask friends for favors- one of my attractions as a friend is that I am not demanding. If I were, my prospective friends would be likely to back off. Neediness scares people. Rather than having to refuse a request, we prefer to have friends we can trust to make their requests rare and reasonable. We ourselves do not wish to be indebted to anyone else. We like reciprocal arrangements because they keep the scales balanced. This week I drive my friend to the airport; next week she drives me. A Chinese woman said that she tried to join a childcare cooperative, but she found the system so complex (to make sure that no one person did more than anyone else) that it drove her crazy

• この英文の訳ですが・・・

to many think hard to tell... I'm sorry for all of that.. 色々ありすぎて話すことは難しい。 全てにおいてごめんなさい。 こんな感じの意味でしょうか?

• 英語の訳をお願いします

Good morning. How are you? I'm not doing very well. I have the flu Fin, thank you. How are you? I have to go I'm sorry to hear that It was nice to see you I hope you will recover soon Goodbye. see you later Bad. I've got a cold Hi. How's it going? Oh, what a shame! Pretty good. How about you? Take it easy, and you'll get better soon I've got to be going Nice seeing yo Bye .Catch you later  

• 日本訳を教えてください(1)

Everyday you make a little sweet sound that I really love to stay and hear for long as you walk and talk and sing a song I feel this way wherever you are going I will go if it's so hard to do, so many things I have to lose, I've decided that I live my life for you I'll be there with you, my love I'll always be a part of you your joys and your pains or your tears are mine you are all I realize as true, no more I'll be there with you, my love I'll always be a part of you And I want you to know that by rule and line you are all, all that I live my life for I think of you think of every word we talked and every thing that we did together every moment we spent with each other Quite a few people in my life so far I met have gone away from me now you're the only one I see and the world is spinning just for you and me 長すぎるので分けますm(_ _)m (2)へ…

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I care so much about you I care about you more than I can say. And that caring and that feeling have a meaning that is more precious and more special to me than I can explain. But let me try to tell you this... Stying ''I care'' means that I will always do everything I can to understand. It means that I will never hurt you. It means that you can trust me. It means that you can tell me. What's wrong. It means that I will try to fix what I can,that I will listen When you need me to hear,and that ~even in your most difficult moment ~all you have to do is say tha word,and your hand and my hand will not be apart. It means that whenever you speak to me,whether words are spoken through a smile or theouge a tear... I will listen with my heart. I do care about you... In a very special wey. メッセージカードの柄としてあったので気になりました。お願いします