• ベストアンサー

寺院を名声のためにわざともやした古代ギリシア人

There was an ancient Greek whose name I have forgotten who burned down a temple for the sake of the infamy. 古代ギリシア人で、自分の名前を知られたいがために寺院を燃やしたという人をさがしています。どなたかそのギリシア人(有名人?)の名前を教えていただけないでしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tappara
  • ベストアンサー率37% (260/694)
回答No.1

ヘロストラトスだと思います。 わざわざ名前間違ってなかったか確認してしまいました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 教えてください

In ancient Rome there was an entire order of priests, the auspices, whose job it was to watch birds fly across the Roman sky. 以上のような文章がありましたが、この文のitはいらないと思うのですがどうでしょう。あと、前半の文意がよくわかりません。

• 英語の翻訳です。。。

1.an iliness 2.of long ago 3.The acter caught a serious disease. 4.Hippocrates was famous ancient Greek docter. 1番は、病気 2番は、長い時間の前...?という訳で良いのでしょうか?いまいち分かりません。 ちなみに3番は、「俳優は重病に感染しました」、4番は「ヒポクラテスは、古代ギリシアの有名な医者でした」でおkですか?

• 書き換え可能かどうか教えてください。

書き換え可能かどうか教えてください。 In the suburbs there is a rocky hill, on the top of which an ancient castle stands. 上の英文の on ~ stands 部分を on whose top an ancient stands と書き換えることはできるのでしょうか。よく the roof of which を whose roof で書き換えることはできますが…この場合はどうでしょうか。

• 文法問題をおしえてください

日本語に合うように、英語を並べ替えた場合、選択肢の中のどの順序になるか。 問1:誰が電話に出たのですか? (answered,telephone,the,who)? (1)The telephone answered who? (2)The answered telephone who? (3)Who telephone the answered? (4)Who answered the telephone? 問2:そこで誰にあったのですか? (did,see,there,who,you)? (1)Who did you see there? (2)Did you there see who? (3)Who you did see there? (4)You did see who there? 問3:誰のコップが割れたのですか? (broken,cup was, whose)? (1)Whose broken cup was (2)Whose cup was broken? (3)Cup was broken whose? (4)Whose was broken cup? 問4:彼は、私が何を読んでいるのか尋ねた。 (asked,he,I,me,reading,was,what). (1)He asked me what I was reading. (2)He asked me what was I reading. (3)He asked me I was reading what. (4)He asked What I was reading me. 問5:セリーナはどの文章が最も大切だと思ったのですか? (did,document,important,is,most,which,Serena,the,think)? (1)Serena did think which most document is the important? (2)Did Serena think which document is the most important? (3)Which cocument did Serena think is the most important? (4)Which document is the most important did Serena think?

• 英作文です。

「(日本は、古来中国の文化に負うところが大きかった。昔の日本人は中国の思想家や文学者を師と仰いだ。)それは英国人やフランス人が、古代ギリシャやローマの文化を尊重したのに似ていた。」     the British or French people respected cultures of ancient Greek or Rome.  一番最後の部分だけですが、どのように書けばよろしいでしょうか。とりあえず、上のような断片的な英語は、自分でも書くことができました。おそらく、英作文なのでいろいろな書き方があると思います。いろいろ教えていただけると助かります。

• TOEFL問題集からの質問です

以下の問題は某TOEFL問題集からの抜粋です。よろしくお願いします。 1. The upper Guinean rainforest in coastal West Africa is known for its diversity of primates, ( ), and civil wars. (A) thickness of glorious jungles (B) thick and gloriousness jungle (C) thick glorious jungles (D) thickly glorious jungled AかCで迷っています。又、その理由をお教え下さい。 2. It has been said that an "educated" speaker of modern Greek can understand an ancient Greek text, but this is surely as much a function of education as of the similarity of the languages. 「現代ギリシア語の教養のある話者は古代ギリシア語のテキストを理解できるといわれているが、この事は確かにその言語の類似性についてと同じほど教育の機能である。」と訳しましたが、but以下の部分が良く理解できません。解説をお願いします。

• 何が書かれているのか訳を教えてくれませんか?

A stone bridge,whose two arches were like an owlish pair of eyes gazing up the reach,was close to the landing-satge. I thought what a pity it was the flannelled men and the sunburned girls there did not know I was getting a ticket for the Mr Timberlake who had been speaking in the town that very morning. I looked round for him and when I saw him I was startled.

• 和訳が分かりません。

☆These two are ancient arts ― ancient, at least, as we in America count age ― for their seeds were sown well over seven hundred years ago, and it was in the seventeenth century that they blossomed into full perfection. ☆There are many haiku, much of whose effect can be kept in accurate translation. 上記の英文を自力では訳しきれず、困っています。 何方か教えて頂けませんでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の長文和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています。 和訳を教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします!! The most drastic modification of an existing cult was the conversion of the temple at the north end of the forum into a Capitolium to house the three-fold cult of Jupiter, Juno and Minerva, imported from the Capitoline hill in Rome. Venus had been the patron goddess of Sulla whose veterans formed the first colonists, and the official name of the colony, Colonia Veneria cornelia, connects it both with Venus and with Sulla who belonged to the gens Cornelia. t was built on a vast artificial platform and must have been intended to be conspicuous from the sea like several other famous temples of Aphrodite. In the shrine of uncertain dedication near the Greek Theatre the cella was rebuilt, and several changes were made in the precinct. The new temple demonstrated the supremacy of Rome’s most prestigious cult, and emphasized the romanitas of the new colony.

• 英文法について

以下英文について There was a phone call from someone whose number you didn't recognize, so you didn't answer it. However, it was from someone inviting you to a party. someone inviting は someone who invite 又someone to invite としてもよろしいでしょうか? 後者は未来の意味を含むため動詞がwasであることを考慮すると不適切でしょうか?