• ベストアンサー

この場合の「by」

It was delight to have him come by after church and take me off to his parsonage for Sunday dinner. この英文ですが、この場合のbyはどう訳せばいいのでしょうか。 また、訳は以下のようでいいのでしょうか。「日曜の夕食のために彼の牧師舘へ私を連れ出し、礼拝後に彼を来させるのは愉快だ」 よろしくお願い致します。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

彼が教会(でのお説教)の後で(私のところに)寄って、私を牧師館の日曜日の夕食に招待してくれたのは、うれしいことだった。 come byで、「立ち寄る」のような意味だと思います。

noname#22699
質問者

お礼

come byでひとつながりでしたか。ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

彼が教会(でのお説教)の後で(私のところに)寄って、私を牧師館の日曜日の夕食に招待してくれたので、うれしかった。 come byで、「立ち寄る」のような意味だと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• take off

It was delight to have him come by after church and take me off to his parsonage for Sunday dinner. 彼が教会(でのお説教)の後で(私のところに)寄って、私を牧師館の日曜日の夕食に招待してくれたので、うれしかった。 こちらで先ほどこのような訳を教えていただきました。ありがとうございます。 もう1点、疑問がございまして take me offの部分ですが、take offで招くというような意味になるのでしょうか。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 回答宜しくお願いします!!

• 和訳をお願いします!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 宜しくお願いします!

• 群動詞

よろしくお願いします。 1. Look after the children. の look after 2. I asked for his help. の ask for 3. He took off his hat. の take off 4. We look up to him as our leader. の look up to 5. Please take care of yourself. の take care of これらはみな群動詞と呼ばれるものです。 もし、これらを5文型に分類するとしたら、どう分類すれば良いでしょうか? 例えば、 1. について言うとすると、 look after を1つの塊とみて、第三文型なのでしょうか? それとも、確かに look after で他動詞の働きをするけれど、 文型の分類をするのならば、第一文型なのでしょうか? アドバイスなどありましたら宜しくお願い致します。

• by asking him to be good

It is not without significance that the French mother instead of appealing to the child's heart by asking him to be good appeals to his reason by asking him to be wise. のby asking him to be good の訳し方がよく分かりません。 to be は義務・命令で訳すべきですよね。 goodを辞書でひいてみると良い、望ましい、言うことをよく聞くなどたくさんの意味が出てくるんですけど、どれを使えばいいでしょうか… 一応今の段階で訳してみると フランスの母親が子供に良くあれと要求することによって子供の心に訴える変わりに、彼に賢くあれと要求することによって彼の理性に訴えることは、意義なしではない。 となるのですが、どうもしっくりきません… どなたか教えてください。

• 英語です

By all means ,do come with us to dinner tonight. do come with ってなんですか?

• 英作文の練習

英作文の練習のためいろいろな日本語を英語にしてるんですが 11時ちょっと過ぎに家に帰るのでご飯を作って先に寝てて下さいi will come home a little bit after eleven, so you can go to bed before i get home but please dont forget to make dinner for me. 私は彼に彼は留守番電話から私のメッセージを消すべきだと言った i told him that he sould(had to) take my massage off from the answering machine.この二つあってるか教えて下さいお願いします

• 至急日本語訳お願いします!少し長い文ですみません。翻訳ツール無しでお願

至急日本語訳お願いします!少し長い文ですみません。翻訳ツール無しでお願いします。 THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOWの一部です。 In addition to his other vocations, he was the singing-master of the neighborhood, and picked up many bright shillings by instructing the young folks in psalmody. It was a matter of no little vanity to him on Sundays, to take his station in front of the church gallery, with a band of chosen singers; where, in his own mind, he completely carried away the palm from the parson. Certain it is, his voice resounded far above all the rest of the congregation; and there are peculiar quavers still to be heard in that church, and which may even be heard half a mile off, quite to the opposite side of the millpond, on a still Sunday morning, which are said to be legitimately descended from the nose of Ichabod Crane. Thus, by divers little makeshifts, in that ingenious way which is commonly denominated "by hook and by crook," the worthy pedagogue got on tolerably enough, and was thought, by all who understood nothing of the labor of headwork, to have a wonderfully easy life of it. よろしくお願いします。

• pulling up his pants

Several years ago, I stayed with my aunt and uncle for a week. My aunt sent me down to the basement to tell my uncle to come upstairs for dinner. When I turned the corner, I caught him pulling up his pants in front of the computer screen. pulling up his pantsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• とても短い文章です 翻訳をお願いいたします

He was supposed to come by the office last Sunday to reimburse me for the credit reports and to talk about raising his scores. こちらの翻訳をお願いします。 知り合いがローンを組もうと思っているようで、ローンオフィサーとのやり取りの間での メールです。 クレジットスコアを上げる事について話をする予定だったなどと言っているのはわかるのですが、 reimburse me for the credit reports の意味がわかりません。 宜しくお願いします。