アメリカの日本人移民の女性の働き方とその背景について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 日本人移民の女性は、夫と一緒に田畑で働くか家事を手伝うために家庭内で働くことが一般的でした。
  • 結婚している一般の女性と比べて、日本人移民の女性の中でも働く人が多かったです。
  • 教育の不足や差別のため、日本系アメリカ人の女性の次の世代も家事労働者となりました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

アメリカノ日本人移民に関係する文章です。

アメリカの日本人移民の女性についての文章です。 This first generation of Japanese women, called issei,often worked in the fields with their husbands or (1)enetered domestic work to help support their families. (2)Far more of the issei generation of married women worked than was common among the general population of married women.  Because of lack of education and later because of discrimination, succeeding generations of Japanese-American women also became domestic workers. (1)のenetered domestic work とは具体的にどのようなことを意味しますか。家事に従事したですか、それとも女中になったでしょうか。 (2)の文の構造と意味がよくわかりません。general population of married women とは結婚しているアメリカの女性という意味でしょうか。 以上2点教えてください。

• sby
  • お礼率65% (166/255)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • amip
  • ベストアンサー率53% (69/129)
回答No.1

eneterってenterの誤植でしょうか? おそらく家事に従事したのでしょう。英文からは計り知れません。 (2) Far more=S worked=V more---thanの比較構造になっていますが、the issei generation of married womenとの比較対照はamong以下のthe general population of married womenです。than was common---となっていますが、これはthan (that) wasと考えてもらうと分かりやすいのですが、thanには関係代名詞の役割を担うときがあります。 general population of married womenは「一般市民の既婚女性」と言う意味です。 lack of education = the thing which they didn't have much education succeed=「引き継ぐ」「あとを継ぐ」 訳 最初の世代の日本人女性は、一世と呼ばれているが、しばしば夫と共に畑仕事をしたり、家事に従事して家族を扶養するのに貢献した。働くことが当たり前であったアメリカの一般市民の既婚女性よりも、遥かに多くの一世の既婚女性が働いていた。教養が無く、後には差別されたために、次の世代の日系アメリカ人女性は同様に専業主婦となった。

sby
質問者

お礼

深夜にもかかわらず、すぐ回答していただき感謝いたします。ありがとうございました。

sby
質問者

補足

早速のご回答ありがとうございます。 eneterはenterの間違いでした。申し訳ありませんでした。 (1)entered doestic works ですが、文章のあとの方に、work as domestics とありましたので、「女中として働く」という意味でした。 よく文章を読んでいれば気がついたのですが、大変お手数をおかけしました。 (2)の文の明解なご説明と和訳大変参考になりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 一部分、訳し方を教えてください。

Married women felt they were spending a greater share of their time working than their husbands, since in addition to their paid jobs, they were also responsible for most household chores. since in addition to their paid jobs, この部分、とくにsinceはどう訳したらいいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 次の文でわからないところがあるんですが。

women can now pay a full insurance contribution which gives them independence from their husbands when they do need to claim money, but women who do not work have to depend on their husbands' payments. 訳は、「今では女性でも社会保険料を全額払うことができ、どうしてもお金を請求する必要がある場合は、夫と関係なくもらえるが、働いていない女性がもらえるかどうかは夫の支払った保険料しだいである。」とかいてありました。 but以下はわかりました。which~husbandsがうまく訳せません。 どのように考えると、意味のわかる訳ができるか、教えてください。

• 英文の訳><

because their laws deprived half of the American population of their constitutional rights. この英文どう訳したらいいかわかりません。 訳お願いします。

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいでしょうか?

First consider how many of them there are. More than one-quarter of the women over 30 years old in Japan are single and this portion continues to rise each year. Many of them have jobs and apartments of their own. On the other hand, married women often have to rely on their husbands for money. The independence of older, unmarried women suggests the opposite. Rather than being losers, they represent a type of winner. 日本語訳 まず、未婚の女性がどれ程の数になるか考えてみましょう。日本では30歳以上の女性の4分の一以上が独身であり、この割合は毎年増え続けています。そうした人達の多くが仕事をもち、自分の為の住まいを持っています。一方結婚した女性は多くの場合経済的に夫に依存しています。未婚で年取った人の自立についての有り方は(考え方は)正反対のことを示唆します。敗者というよりむしろ、彼女達が勝利者の一つの形ということを示しています。

• 和訳お願いいたします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いいたします。↓ ・What are the main things that Japanese companies look for in an employee? ・Many people have to work very long hours, and many of those are unpaid. ・Japanese companies often make their workers from taking long holidays together. ・Japanese, it seems, strongly discourage their workers from taking long holidays. ・Some Japanese companies expect woman to leave and get married when they reach about 25, so even highly qualified women don't get such good jobs. ・Should workers have to socialize with their bosses? ・Should workers try to keep their personal life separate from their work? ・What things make for good boss? 以上です。よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語に翻訳してください。

外国人とメールのやり取りをしていて何で日本人はそんなに可愛いの?と言われ皆んな日本人男性の好みの顔になろうと努力しているからかな、と答えたら下記のメールが返ってきたのですが所々しか意味が分かりません…。翻訳お願いします。 I understand that, but I mean not just their (your) 'physical' appearance, but the their mannerism (Behavior) also. When I said "cute" I meant the mannerism of Japanese women as much as appearance.. Example. Many English/European women try to copy/emulate Japanese women behavior and appearance, but of course it's not the same it's only an 'act' (fake) It interests me because it seems native Japanese women don't realize the effect they have on Europeans "foreigners" or "外人" Well, from what I've heard anyway.. (I hate those words 😞). I mean.. One example is the Japanese speech pattern is the the most beautiful sounding to a non Japanese speaker. It's a shame because, I've heard Japanese think westerners 'look down' at Asian/Japanese women. And that's some what true, but there are also westerners that completely admire you Japanese.. Respectful of course. I have no idea what my point is here, so I completely understand if you ignore my still message. それと、外人と言う言葉は差別的だと聞いたことがあるのですがforeignerも差別に入るのでしょうか?

• About child care -leave .

I would like to hear your opinion ! I have read an article of Asahi newspaper on the web. What is your thoughts of this problem ? From here ↓ Because of their husbands' long working hours, many women are forced to take on child-rearing duties alone. Among men in their 30s, one in five works more than 60 hours a week. Many women quit their jobs to become mothers. More must be done to improve the working environment of such women. What should be done to improve this situation of those women who can' work to their heart's content becaues of child -caring ? 1 )Many men aren't actively engaged in gronwing their baby ! What is your thoughts of this situation ? I think mens should support women and should be willing to take responsibity for their chid-caring. They are reructant to have their child leave because their bosses and collegues imply you don't take chidl -leave .. .I think companies itself should change the system of child car- leave and allow them to take it more eaisly than now.. ( 育児休暇を夫が会社に伝えられるようにすべき、と言いたいのですが、表現力、語彙力が乏しくいえません。ごめんなさい) I'm so sorry. Probably I 'm going to ask all of you some questions . Thank you very much for understaning me. I'm sorry if I spelled wrong.

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は適切でしょうか?

Then there are the growing numbers of people who never get married. This trend may be occurring because women are no longer willing to endure the lifestyle of their mothers who would do all of the housework. 和訳 それから、結婚しない人の数が増えていっている。女性が、家事のすべてを行う自分たちの母親のライフスタイルに もはやすすんで耐えようと思わなくなったので、このような傾向が起きるのかもしれない。

• retireは「退職する」でいいんですよね?

問:誤りの個所を示せ。 It is a commonly accepted belief that Japanese women should retire from their jobs when they get married. 答えはretire fromの部分。これは「定年で、あるいは要職をやめる」の意味だから、ただ仕事を途中でやめるという意味で使うならquitだと書いてありました。 そうなんですか?retire fromは絶対に間違いで、上の文をネイティブに見せても全然理解してもらえないんでしょうか?

• 英作文の問題です よろしければ添削お願い致します

英作文の問題です よろしければ添削お願い致します (簡単なご指摘で大助かりです) - テキストの正解: More and more women have their own careers and are economically independent of their husbands. Now a days marriage is not necessarily a must for women. ※今日では、きちんとした職業を持ち、夫に経済的に依存する必要がない女性が増えているので、結婚は女性にとって必ずしも当たり前のものでなくなってきている。 私の文: Now a days the number of woman who works and doesn't need to depend on her husband economically is increasing.. That is why marriage comes to be not necessary to women. よろしくお願いいたします。