• 締切済み

英国空軍のポスターの和訳

英国空軍の有名なポスターのキャッチですが、次のような文です。 Never was so much owed by so many to so few. 自分なりに訳すと、”不可能は不可能と思うからだ”ってな感じになる と思われます。きっと有名な決まり文句のたぐいでしょうが、 日本語ならどんな訳になるのでしょうか?どなたか教えてください。

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.5

これはお聞きいただいたように、英国議会で、時の首相チャーチルが言った言葉です。議会での演説に比べますと、ポスターの文句では、スペースの制限もありますし、時も変っていますので、初めを短縮したものと思います。  何と言っても、チャーチルの面目躍如、といったところですね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.4

これはウインストン・チャーチルが言った言葉(下記の3:04あたりから彼自身の声で聞けます)です。  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y60xvkJ8ko  「これほど少数の人(イギリス空軍軍人)に、これほど多数の人(イギリス国民全体)が、こんなにも大きい恩恵(勝利)を受けたことは無い」

kagoturube
質問者

お礼

御回答ありがとうございます。 youtubeって改めてすごいですね。 生の声が聞けるとは思ってもいませんでした。 Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed, by so many, to so few 演説ではこう言っておられます。 ポスターの原文とはずいぶん違いますね。 当たり前ですがチャーチル卿、ものすごいクイーンズイングリッシュです。 米語しか知らない私には至極新鮮でした。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.3

これほど多くの人が、これほど大きな恩恵を、これほど少数の人からこうむったことは、いまだかつてなかった。 「主部が省略されていた」のではなく、倒置です。 普通の語順だと So much was never owed by so many to so few. ですね。

kagoturube
質問者

お礼

だんだん思い出して来ました。 倒置構文というのがありましたね。 無論この場合、文語調よりは強調するニュアンスと考えたらよいのでしょう。ちなみにそのポスターですが、 第二次大戦中のもので、中心に名機スピットファイアが描かれ、大きなブロック体の文字でレタリングされていました。 この日の晩、召し上がったドライマティーニは格別のものだったと思います。ありがとうございました。 

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#19687
noname#19687
回答No.2

イギリスのチャーチル元首相がイギリス本土防空戦(バトル・オブ・ブリテン)に勝利した時行った演説の一部だと思われます。空軍パイロットを賞賛して言った言葉だそうです。 原文; “Never in the field of human conflicts was so much owed by so many to so few" 訳文は人それぞれいろいろありますので、お好きなものを選んでください(^^) 「いままでの歴史の中で、かくも多くの人が、かくも多くのことを、かくも少ない人に委ねたことはいまだかつてなかった。」 「(人類の闘争の歴史において、) 未だかつて、このように多数の人間が、このように大きな恩恵を、このように小数の人間 によって、受けたことはなかった。」 「 有史以来、人類の闘争の場面において、これほど多くの人間が、これほど少ない人間に、 これほど多くの恩を蒙ったことはない」 「人間の戦いにおいて、かくも少数でかくも多数を守ったことはなかった」

kagoturube
質問者

お礼

あのウィンストン・チャーチル卿の言葉でしたか。 速攻で覚えておきます。ありがとうございました。 主部が省略されていたので和訳が難しかったのでしょう。 勉強しておきます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • ya00000ma
  • ベストアンサー率29% (29/99)
回答No.1

「為せば成る 為さねば成らぬ 何事も 成らぬは人の 為さぬなりけり」(上杉鷹山) というのは、どうでしょうか。

kagoturube
質問者

お礼

なるほど、気に入りました。 覚えておきます。ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳を教えてください

和訳を教えてください 1 Androclus saw that it was a long. sharp thorn which hurt the lion so much. 2 Until that question was asked it had never occurred to me that I had been so happy. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

The British in the sultan's capital found themselves faced by several thousand Ottoman troops and twenty guns. In addition, Arab tribesmen had rallied by the thousand to help the Ottomans. The British were backed by the few hundred men of the sultan of Lahij's native army. The Arab camp-followers of the Aden detachment deserted them in a body at the most critical hour, taking with them all their camels. Fighting opened on the evening of Sunday, 4 July. The Ottoman forces made several attacks against the British line, but each was driven off. Although after the battle the efforts of the Royal Artillery drew a tribute from General Shaw, the superior Ottoman artillery had kindled fires in different parts of Lahij, and the British were in danger of being outflanked and cut off by the Arab tribal horsemen. The sultan was killed with many of his men. When the main Aden Column never arrived, the British withdrew on 5 July with the loss of three officers wounded, but the main loss was not so much in men as in prestige.

• 和訳

Its so hard to listen to a tribute of MJ and not get just a little emotional. MJs music was just so special. He put his heart into so much of his work and you can feel it. His music influenced so many artists....you can see the looks of the faces of the people in the audience.  サイトのコメント欄で見たのですが訳が何となくしか分かりません。できれば訳をご教授お願いします。MJというのはマイケルジャクソンの事です

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 A few months later, I got an invitation to spend the Chinese New Year with friends in Hong Kong. That was the start of a long journey. It took hours to fly to Hong Kong, but it was worth it. I enjoyed seeing a new place so much that I ended up traveling through Southeast Asia for 13 months.

• He'd never had so many women at one time , or so many 『doctors』, or drunk so ~

こんにちは、いつもお世話になります。 現在、Philip Roth著の、The Anatomy Lessonを読み始めました。 その中でこんな文がありました。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ He'd never had so many women at one time , or so many 『doctors』, or drunk so much vodka, or done so little work, or known despair of such wild proportions. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (『』は僕が挿入しました。) この文を書き換えると、 He'd never had so many women at one time.(その時まで) 一度にそんなに沢山の女がいたことがない。 He'd never had so many 『doctors』. (その時まで)沢山の医者を持った事が無い??? He'd never drunk so much vodka.(その時まで)大量にウォッカを飲んだことが無い。 He'd never done so little work.(その時まで)とても少しの仕事をした事がない。=>よく働いてきた。 He'd never known despair of such wild proportions. (その時まで)とても大きな絶望を知った事がない。 に、なるのだと思いますが、 質問(1)ご覧の通り、He'd never had so many 『doctors』.が良く分かっていません。 また、その後はこう続きます。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Yet he didn't seems to have a disease that anybody could take seriously. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ このyetは、「それにもかかわらず。」の意味だと、上記の健康に良いと思われる(飲みすぎない等)の行為を言っている意味が分からなくなります。 質問(2)このyetの意味はどうなるのでしょうか? 教えてください、よろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) Why was Seinfeld so popular, then? People found the show interesting because of its clever storylines and humorous conversations. Common daily situations turned into entertainment through the words of Jerry and his friends. Seinfeld remains popular even now, many years after the series ended. In 2002, it was named the greatest American TV program of all time by TV Guide.

• 和訳をお願いします。

I cannot understand why the old man cannot do justice to those to whom he owed so much and the whole thing is so absolutely inconsistent with what he had already cabled. It was not until after the victory at the Battle of Rafa that Chauvel was made a Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George, but this particular order is awarded for important non-military service in a foreign country. It was not just his military service at Romani which had not been recognised, but also the service of all those who fought in the Anzac Mounted Division at Romani, at El Arish, at Magdhaba and at Rafa.

• 英文和訳おねがいします

いつもお世話になってます。 最後の文だけがわかりません。   There were once two people travelling on train, a scientist and poet. They had never met before,so naturally,there wasn't much conversation between the two. The poet was minding his own business,enjoying the passing scenery. The scientist was very tense,trying to think of things he didn't know so he could try to figure them out. 自分の訳  「その科学者はとても緊張していたそしてわからなっかたことを解決できるように考えようとした。」 解答例では「科学者は、真剣になったので、問題を解決することができた。」 so he could =so that he could  だと思いますが so の前にはコンマはついてません。 解説お願いします。

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

Paxman: "Conrad, hi. I can't hear you. So, how many people did it take to run one of these looms?" Conrad Varley: "In this particularshed, it actually varied. This one they ran eight looms. That's one , two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight." Paxman: "So one person has control of eight?" Varley: "One person ran eight looms. So she's actually kept going all the time. It was a very, very hard job. A very hard job." Paxman: "I should have thought rather dangrous, too. If you're running eight machines and something goes wrong on one of them, could be behind you, could be anything." Varley: "It could. And the main danger being if the belt broke." Paxman: "It's leather, isn't it?" Varley: "It is, yes. You couldn't stop all the machinery, so it had to be repaired in situ. Now, if there was a protrusion, shall we say there, it could catch your sleeve. It'd take you round the shafting." Paxman: "Are you serious?" Varley: "I'm serious." Paxman: "You mean pulled..." Varley: "Pulled round, and there's quite a few. Quite a few was killed by going round the shafting. You didn't often come down in one piece, to be honest."

• 英語の和訳お願いします!

英語できる人和訳お願いします (1)It was several years later when I learned that what I waswitnessing in my classroom wastne third-worst case of child abuse on record in the entire state of California. (2)But what a wonderful opportunity it is for this young man to come forward and tell his story so that other children may not suffer. I deeply admire his courage in doing so. (3)By the middle of the seventeenth century. a few New Englanders had attained sufficient wealth through commerce to ordes portraits. (4)Portraits of children were especially important in an agewhen so many died before reaching adulthood. この4つの問題の和訳を教えて下さいお願いします!