• ベストアンサー

set asideの訳

この文章のset asideの訳が分かりません。 辞書だと「とって置く」のような意味が色々と書いてありますが、この文章がのっている本には「付け加えられた」と書いてありました。これをどのように解釈したらよろしいでしょうか? More than 809,000 hectares were set aside eight years later to preserve the Yellow stone River's source.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koko_koko
  • ベストアンサー率100% (1/1)
回答No.1

Thesaurus類義語辞典にselectとかallotが類義語としてあげられていました。80万9千ヘクタール以上がイエローストーン川の源を保護する目的で8年後に割り当てられた。

参考URL:
http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=set%20aside
全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• damageを使った表現で困惑しています

「被害は私が予想していたより大規模だった。」という文章を書きたいのですが、 「damage」 の使い方で迷っています。 辞書を見ても、表現があいまいで困惑しています。 特にdamageに「s」や「the」等の冠詞はいるのか?また、wasかwereかで良くわからないでいます。 damage were more extensive than I expected. damage was more extensive than I expected. the damage were more extensive than I expected. the damage was more extensive than I expected. 低レベルで恥ずかしいですが、どなたかもしご教授してくださる方がいましたら、 どうかよろしくお願い致します。

• よい訳を教えてください。

以下の文章の訳を教えてください。and以下がよくわかりませんでした。 The "closed country" (sakoku) of the Tokugawa Period was anything but static, and the ferment and excitement that were evident in so much of that period were never more obvious than in the early eighteenth century when Baigan lived. よろしくお願いします!

• 高校受験用の英語のテストの解説をお願いします。

The tower is very tall, so more than three years were needed to finish building it. The name“the Tokyo Sky Tree”was decided by many people in the summer of 2008. 上の文章を読んで、下の質問に3語以上で答えなさい。 How long was it needed to build the Tokyo Sky Tree? 私は It was needed more than three years. にしましたが、 正解が It needed more than three years. でした。 wasをつけたら、不正解ですか? 回答解説を読みましたが、よく解りません… どなたか、詳しい解説をお願いします。

• 否定語がない:any more than

英字新聞の一文なのですが、文内の"any more than"の意味が分かりません。色々と"any more than"を調べてみたのですが...。こんな文章です。 Diplomatic observers were skeptical whether this agreement would hold up any more than previous such deals. これは北朝鮮ロケット実験後に掲載された、米朝による食糧支援合意に関する文章です。 文法書などで調べたところ、"any more than"には否定語が必要だとありました。なので、この文章は"or not"を省略し、本当は、 Diplomatic observers were skeptical whether this agreement would hold up (or not hold up) any more than previous such deals. なのかな?とも考えました。 どなたか宜しくお願い致します。

• "as foreign filers"の意味が分かりません

Accordingly, the market for S-O 404 services is more limited than in the overall United States practice and, as foreign filers, the deadlines are at least a year later than December 31, 2004. 上記の文章中での"as foreign filers"を辞書等で調べましたが、意味がよく分からず困っています。何かの言い回しでしょうか… どなたか教えてくだされば大変助かります。

• 以下の英文の日本語訳について

My old friends looked more at ease and confident than they had been when they were in L.A. この文の日本語訳は、 「私の古き友人たちは、彼らがL.A.にいるときよりも、よりリラックスしていて自信があるように見えた」 となっています。 私には、when以下が全文にかかって、 「私の古き友人たちは、L.A.にいるときが、今までで一番リラックスしていて自信があるように見えた」 のように読み取れるのですが…。 My old friends looked more at ease and confident than they were in L.A. という文章ならばすんなり理解できますが、この場合はどのように解釈するべきなのでしょうか?

• 至急、日本語訳お願いします。

“Part of what gets muddled when you talk about gender differences is the skill of driving and risk-taking,” Ms. McCartt said. The bottom line, she said, is that “aggressive driving behavior is a bigger piece of the pie than skill” when it comes to serious crashes. “The evidence is really incontrovertible that men as drivers take more risks,” she said. The males of the species are not only more dangerous as drivers, they are more likely to be hurt while walking, the city’s study found. More men than women were killed or injured as pedestrians in every age group except among those over 64 (perhaps because women live longer and were overrepresented). Boys 5 to 17 years old ranked first in the absolute number of pedestrian deaths and serious injuries, with 785, more than twice the number of girls in that age range, though elderly people were more vulnerable as a share of the population.

• 英文を和訳お願いします´`;

I was eight years old. At that moment in my life,nothing was more important to me than baseball. My team was the New York Giants. Even now,I can reel off the names of nearly every player. But none was greater,none more perfect nor more deserving of worship than Willie Mays. これです´`;

• 教えてください wire の訳

下記の文は The Japan Times Weekly(May 10, 2003) 中のThe mountain without mercy の一部です。  Critics say many people on guided expeditions are climbers who have done the bulk of their training on Stair-Masters and treadmills rather than actual peaks. “We’ve got the big E figured out, we’ve got it totally wired,” a guide told Jon Krakauer, who wrote Into Thin Air, an account of the worst accident on Everest in 1996 when eight people were killed by blizzards. ”I’m telling you, we’ve built a yellow brick road to the summit.” 3行目の we’ve got it totally wired, の wire のこの文中での的確な意味が辞書で見つけられませんでした。教えてください。

• 英語の誤記入箇所を訂正し,訳をしなさいというところでつまずいています。

英語の誤記入箇所を訂正し,訳をしなさいというところでつまずいています。 Even though may of the passages are set down more than fifty year ago, they remains as pertinent with modern student as on the day they had written. The humor, philosophy, and down-to-earth wisdom of these succinct selections bring Osler back to the wards of the hospital as no tribute or account of his life could never do. という文の中に誤りが7カ所あります。 これを正しい文章に直して適切な日本語訳をしなさい。 との問題でした。 1:may of passages がmany of passages 2:are set down が were set down 3:fifty year ago が fifty years ago ということが判りましたが後は恥ずかしながらわかりません。 どなたが英文法読解が得意な方,ご助言頂ければ幸いです。 よろしくお願い申し上げます。