• ベストアンサー

どうしてhave writtenなのですか?

次の文ではどうして having written、having learned という形になるのでしょうか? 私が書くならwriting、learningとしてしまうところです。 The reason, of course, ultimately is that when you are so busy having written this and learned the lines and worked to understand the character, there will be not one iota of your language in your haed left to translate.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#195872
noname#195872
回答No.2

The reason, of course, ultimately is that when you are so busy having written this and learned the lines and worked to understand the character, there will be not one iota of your language in your head left to translate. 理由としては勿論、結局のところ、皆さんが一所懸命になってこれを書き、文面から内容をくみ取り、登場人物を理解してきたわけですから、もう皆さんの頭の中にある言葉の全てを訳しきった、といえるわけです。 have を用いた現在完了を使うことで、「~してきた経験を鑑み」という理由づけができます。更に一般的には、writing, learning 等という進行形ないしは動名詞形では、「仮に~することによって」という意味で解釈できてしまい、ある程度は論旨の合理性を訴えることができますが、「実際の経験に基づく」という現実性や具体性がなくなり、説得力にやや欠けてしまうことがあります。 ご質問の文章では、相手方が実作業としてwritingやlearningをしてきた事実をふまえているか、或いは既に作業を経験したことを前提として理由を説明していますので、完了形にすることで論理が通り、事由・理由を明確にできるわけです。 日本人は英語から日本語、あるいは日本語から英語に常に「翻訳」しながら話したり読み書きしたりしますよね? その経験やプロセスが日本人特有であれば、そこに力点を置く事で説得力が増すのではないですか? その他にも、"having"を使って、説明の口調に変化を出せる例を挙げておきます。 (1) Having said that, I hereby urge you to consider my proposal. 以上申し上げた点を踏まえ、ここに当方の提案内容をご賢察賜わりたく、何卒お願い申しあげます。 (2) By saying that, I would like you to take a good look at my proposal, thank you. と申しあげつつ、どうか私のこの提案をジックリご検討下さい。有難うございます。 上記(1)の文では、私達はその前に言った事(及び話したという事実)に力点をおき、それを説得材料にすることを意図しながら相手に自分の要求を訴えることができます。(2)の文では、何かを言っていることは事実なので仮定法ではありませんが、ある程度「念を押しつつ」締めの口上を言っているようで、(1)とは多少スタイルやニュアンスが異なり、light でsoftな対訳ができます。

runbini
質問者

お礼

素晴らしいです。よくわかりました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

通常の動名詞でなく,完了動名詞を用いた場合,時制を一つずらす,すなわち are busy という現在からみて過去にする役割を果たすときと,完了性を表す,ここでは are busy という現在に対して現在完了を表すときがあります。  そして,are busy (in) ~ing を,「~するのに忙しい」→「忙しく~する」のように解釈すれば,「忙しく書いてきたり,覚えてきたり,取り組んできた」という感じだと思います。  普通は,have been busy writing のようにすると思いますが。

runbini
質問者

補足

時制を一つずらすのですか。どうしてずらすのかもう一つ教えていただけないでしょうか。 次に続くのは Doesn't everybody still kind of translate? When you need to... when I ask you, "Who's gonna read their outline?", "What do you think about this?", and "What do you blah-blah-blah?"; you're going, translate, translate, speak. To stop that, to see what it's like to not have to do that.です。 これは英語を第2言語として学ぶ授業の時に先生が言った言葉で、TVで見ました。この場に限ったことではなくて普段に通じるアドバイスをしているのに、どうして時制を一つずらした方がいいか教えていただけないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• すみません、翻訳御願いします。I tried really hard

すみません、翻訳御願いします。I tried really hard to translate this, but I've been having problems. I don't think I learned this in Japanese class. Sumimasen どなたか宜しくお願いしします。

• how の解釈の仕方を教えて下さい。

お世話になります。 コンピュータープログラミング関連の書籍の中の一文なのですが how の解釈の仕方が分からず困っております。 以下がその文章になります。 And, of course, your extension should be written under the best practices, with respect to the programming in general and how code is written in Yii. how 以下はどの文に係り、どのように和訳すればよいのでしょうか?

• 以下の英文を日本語に翻訳して下さいますか?

Missions: Please refer to CHAPTER 5. Sorry to be DIRECT. I’m going to REPORT you when doing your translation. Mission 1→ Be sure to use both direct and reported speech in your assignment. I left both in the Japanese version, so if you just translate the sentences the way they are written, you will use both.

• 高校英語教えください!

1(  )には何が入りますか? 1-1 I wouldadvise you not to interfere.You had better ( ) your own business. 1-2 ( ) my purse stolen,I asked my friend to lend me some. 2同じ意味になるように 2-1 He intends his son to be a doctor. → He intends to__________________________________________. 2-2 The book,having been written in haste , has many faults. → There are _________________________________________________. 2-3 The reason why I gave up the plan is this. → This is the reason for _______________________________________. 和訳もよろしくお願いします!

• 80年代のAOR(?)のアルバム名とアーティストを教えてください

出だしあたりは、...say good-bye I tried to understand reason whyでさびの辺は...... Cause your word and my word...と歌っています。2曲目はI remember the good time when you and I....です。最後の曲は出だしEvery night I look for...と歌っています(聞き取りが悪く間違っているかもしれませんが・・・)これだけでなんだかわかる方いらっしゃいましたら教えてください。

• 英訳教えていただけますか?

We are really sorry and understand your situation. Would you like to leave this as credit for your account which we will apply to your next order?

• 和訳教えてください

和訳教えてください If you've got into the way of thinking that poetry is stupid stuff, or useless, or beneath your dignity, thhen you certainly won't get much not of learning it by heart. But remember that it is a good thing to train your memory, and learning a poem is at least a much pleasanter way of training it than learning , say, twenty lines out of the telephone directory. What is more important, to learn poetry is to learn a repect for words;and without this respect for words, you will never be able to think clearly or express yourself properly. よろしくお願いします!

• 日本語訳お願い致します

Hello, Yes, of course! Please make any changes you want to the training materials in order to help your customers better understand DaVinci Resolve. We fully support and approve any steps you take towards educating others on how to use the software. Thank you, Daria - The BMD Training Team

• このthatはhowの代用では?

某参考書の例題です。 There are a few general principles that apply to all the kinds of teaching. The first principle is that the teacher should be clear. Whatever you are teaching, teach clearly. Discover what your students do not know and then try to explain it to them in a way that everyone will understand. Use many examples and illustrations. Allow enough time for discussion. A good pupil is seldom silent. Patience is the second principle. Nothing worth learning can be learned quickly. Real teaching is not just giving information. It involves a conversion, an actual change in the pupil's mind, and this does not happen quickly. Lessons should be carefully planned and plenty of time allowed for repetition and review. Emotion should be controlled. Whenever we become too emotional as teachers, we are forgetting that conscious reason is what makes us men and not animals. The third principle is responsibility. Anyone who teaches should realize that it is a serious matter to guide another person's life. この第二パラグラフの Discover what your students do not know and then try to explain it to them in a way that everyone will understand. ですが、私はthatを関係副詞howの代用と考えたのですが、参考書の説明では thatはunderstandの目的語になる関係代名詞。「学生が何を知らないかを発見し、次にそれを誰にでも分かる方法で説明するようにつとめなさい」 とありました。 しかし、和訳を見る限りではthatを関係副詞としてみているようにしか思えません。 私の解釈のどこが間違っているのでしょうか?

• 感嘆文と間接疑問

教科書に, If you spill a can of juice, at first you feel stupid for having spilled it. But then you start to think about how hard you worked to get the money to buy it and finally, you become upset at having been sp careless. というのがありますが, how hard you worked to get the money to buy it の部分は,間接疑問のように思えますが,感嘆文ともとれます。 一般に,見分けは,文脈でつけることで,いいのでしょうか? ちなみに,この場合は,間接疑問であってますか?