• 締切済み

和訳お願いします。

You can see how words sometimes stay the same even when their meanings change. stay the same:そのままである even when:~のときでさえ というのは分かるのですが、全部繋げれません。宜しくお願いします。

• t-cmt
  • お礼率7% (68/935)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• Shimo-py
  • ベストアンサー率61% (170/275)
回答No.4

文脈から切り離されているので、分からない。 おそらくこの英文の前に、いくつかの具体例となる英文が示されているのではないですか? この短い英文だけで判断できることは限られていますが、以下の点を参考に、文脈と照らし合わせてみてください。 ◆even when ~ が can see にかかるのか、それとも stay にかかるのか。これはsometimesという副詞があることから後者であると判断できます。 つまり、 sometimes ... even when ~ という構造から、 「~の場合でさえ、時として…なことがある」 という論理関係なんですね。 ◆wordsが「単語」なのか、「語句」なのかが、判断できませんが、meaningsと対置されている以上、この英文はことばの形式(外見)と意味(内容)とを扱ったものと推定されます。したがって、意味(内容)が変化したのに、形式(外見)はそのままだということを言っているものと思われます。 howがうまく生かせないので二文に分けて訳してみると、 「ことばの意味が変化しても、ことばそのものは同じまま残ることが時としてある。いかにそうであるかが、お分かりであろう」 あるいは 「いかにことばが、その意味が変化していてもそのままの形である場合が時としてあることに、納得がいくでしょう」 具体例のない文脈だから、筆者の言わんとする正確なところは分かりません。 私がおぼろげな印象として思ったのは、たとえば「天気」という日本語が、本来は「気象」の意味であるのに、「お天気が続くといいですね」というと「晴天」の意味になる、といったような、意味変化の世界を扱ったものかな、という程度のことです。

回答No.3

You can see 貴方は分かるだろう (何が分かるかと言うと) how words sometimes stay the same いかに言葉がときにそのままであるか (ということが分かる。ではどんな時に言葉がそのままであるのかというと) even when their meanings change 言葉の意味が変わる時でさえ(言葉がそのままである。) seeはここでは分かる、ととるのが良いでしょう。 上から訳し下ろしましたが、これを繋げて、日本語としてしっくり来るように意訳してみてはいかがでしょうか。even whenの節、howの節という順番に訳すのが、尤もしっくり来ると思います。 全部繋げられないのは「意味が変わっても、言葉自体は同じままのことがある」という矛盾した文脈になっているからかもしれません。 前後の文脈等あると思いますので、それを考慮してみて下さい。参考になればよいのですが・・・。

noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.2

You can see ←{how words sometimes stay the same ←(even when their meanings change)}. というような構造の文ですが、わかりませんか?

回答No.1

どのあたりがわからないでしょうか? ヒントだけですが、以下の例文を参考にしてください。 You can see how hard it is. 「それがいかに難しいか分かるでしょう。」 また、後半の "their" が "words" を受けていることはおわかりですよね。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳してもらいたいです。

Evelyn hears some sounds that are clear and distinct. For example, she hears a phone ringing as a kind of crackling sound, but she knows that the cracking sound is a phone ringing. She can hear someone speaking, but cannot distinguish words, so she reads lips to get the meaning. With such limited hearing ability, how is Evelyn able to perform such fascinating music? “The sense of hearing and the sense of touch are more similar than we realize,” explains Evelyn. “Sound is vibrating air that the ear picks up and changes into electrical signals. These signals are then interpreted by the brain. Hearing is not the only sense that can pick up sound, touch can do this too. In other words, we can also ‘feel’ sound. “If you are standing by the road and a large bus goes by, do you hear the sound or feel the vibration? The answer is both. Hearing a sound and feeling a vibration are basically the same thing,” she says. “If we can all feel low vibrations, why can’t we feel higher vibrations? It is my belief that we can. When a particular sound is made, you can truly feel that in certain parts of your body.” 問1、How does Evelyn “listen” to the notes? 問2、How many performances a year does Evelyn give? やってもらうと助かります。

• 和訳お願いします。

うまく訳せない部分があるので、どなたか和訳していただけませんか? 言語についての文章で、直前部分は 「例えばアメリカ人教授は10時からの授業をきっかりに始めるが、一方でイタリア人教授は10時15分まで授業を始めない。なぜならば教授も生徒も、イタリアの授業がいつも15分遅れで開始するのを知っているからだ。」 といったようなことが書かれていると思います。 訳していただきたい文章↓ ・The two cultural systems work well as long as they are separated. ・Even such a simple example illustrates that different cultures attach different meanings to the same word. ・Far too often, language causes pain, hostility and misunderstanding. ・Even today, wise parents still warn their children to watch their words. です。よろしくお願いします><

• 和訳をお願いします

If I see you next to never,How can we say forever? 和訳をお願いします。

• 和訳をおねがいします。

Nearly 50 percent of American marriages end in divorce. Most divorced couples get along quite well after separating. They realize they are much happier and along quite well after separating. They realize they are much happier and much better people when living apart. Some even become good friends. But some divorces are very bitter. The ex-partners literally hate each other. They drive their friends and colleagues crazy complaining about how bad their ex-wife or ex-husband was. Today, such angry and frustrated couples have a new forum for complaining about their former partners—the Internet. Women use their personal blogs to tell the whole world that their husbands were, for example, cheating on or hitting them. Men use blogs to tell everyone about their cold-hearted, big-spending, nagging wives. Some even post highly personal videos on You Tube. As you can imagine, this can be pretty embarrassing sometimes.

• 英文和訳

"We have to talk." To women, usually the ones saying this to men, these four words are often an expression of a desire to connect, to address something with a man on a deeper, more satisfying level. It often means, "Let's get together and see if we can move things to a better place." Saying this to a man can feel dangerous. As one woman put it "Get ready for World War Three" To men, these may be among the most feared words in the language. They often stimulate what we call male relational dread. One man's response was,"Let me out of here!" Another man said, "To me those words mean : `Next stop,divorce.`" These words often mean somethings quite different whwn they are said to someone ofthe same genger. When women say to other women,"We have to talk," it can mean a multitude of things. If the other woman is someone new with whom the woman feels friendly, it can mean,"Let's get to know each other." If it's an old friend whom she hasn't seen for a while, it can mean, "Let's catch up - do I have things to tell you!" And if it is a friend with whom she is in frequent, even daily contact,it can mean,"Wait till you hear this. I've got to tell you about last night." Men rarely say this to other men. When they do, sometimes it has a sense of invitation, as in, "Hey, let's catch up!" But often it has the connotation of "You're in big trouble with me.Get ready for a hassle." Gender differences in the meaning of these words start early. In our gender dialogues between seventh-grade boys and girls, their comments and questions often focus on "talk" : BOYS: Girls talk for most of the conversation so we don't have to talk. GIRLS: How come boys don't talk first? How these gender differences can be used in dialogue to heal the relationships between women and men is the topic of our discussion.

• 和訳お願いします

・sometimes her desire for control hurt her even when surrounded by good will. ・she could have helped communicate but chose instead to dazzle us with her syntax

• 英文の和訳

You can never be 100 percent safe when we humans are involved, even when there are layers of safety measures. これの和訳を教えてください。

• ABBAのSOSの歌詞の意味

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me SOS The love you gave me, nothing else can save me SOS When you're gone (when you're gone) How can I even try to go on When you're gone (when you're gone) Though I try how can I carry on ABBAのSOSの訳、教えてください。

• 和訳おねがいします、、汗

When you come across words like "thirdworld","developing","subversive","outlaw","minority"etc... Who is doing the defining? Would the group defined in this way use the same term? Why or why not? How do words like these influense public attitudes and publicpolicy toward this group? だいたいは理解できるのですが、Who is doing the defining? と、 Would the group defined in this way use the same term? をどう取っていいのかわからず意味がはっきりわかりません。 和訳をお願いしますm(__)mm(__)m

• 英文の和訳お願いします

You can see, then, that when a steel of the greatest purity possible is required the elimination of gaseous or solid fuels and their products would heip. (gaseous fuel=気体燃料) この英文なのですがどうしても和訳できず困っております・・・ どなたか教えてください!