私の子供時代における親への喜びの表現の失敗についての後悔

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 私の子供時代における親への喜びの表現の失敗による後悔について語る。
  • 私が十分に喜びを表現せず、親が計画した楽しみに適切に応えられなかったことにより、彼らに困惑や失望をもたらしたという反省を述べる。
  • 自分の行動が親に大きながっかりを引き起こし、これまでで一番後悔していると述べる。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

I doubt if there is my life that I regret more bitterly than I do my frequent failure as aboy to bring delight to my parents by showing them how pleased I was. Time after time, I realize now, I must have brought them bewilderment, dismay, and aching disappointment, by failing to respond adequately to some treat they planned for me. できるだけ詳しく教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

>構文分析よろしくお願い致します ⇒いつもの手順で、以下のとおりお答えします。 >I doubt if there is my life that I regret more bitterly than I do my frequent failure as a boy to bring delight to my parents by showing them how pleased I was. 「私が少年としてどれほど喜んでいるかを示すことで両親に喜びをもたらすことについて頻繁に失敗したことほどひどく後悔するような人生があるかどうか疑わしい限りです。」 ⇒ S(I) V(doubt) O【{Conj.(if) M(there) V(is) S(my life) Adj. M[Rel.(that) S(I) V(regret) M(more bitterly) Conj.(than) S(I) V(do) O(my frequent failure)]} M{M(as a boy to bring delight to my parents) M(by showing them) O[how pleased I was]}】. *【if ~】の全体「~かどうか(ということ)」がdoubtの目的節です。つまり、括り記号は、【 】→{ }→〔 〕→( )という降順になっています。S(my life) Adj.M[Rel.(that) ~は、that以下の関係節が先行詞my lifeを修飾しています:「~する(ような)人生」。S(I) V(regret) M(more bitterly) Conj.(than) ~は、「私が~ほど/よりもひどく後悔する(ような人生)」といったニュアンスで、thanは接続詞です。S(I) V(do) O(my frequent failure)を直訳すると、「私は頻繁な失敗をする(犯す)」となります。M{M(as a boy to bring delight to my parents) M(by showing them) O[how pleased I was]}の部分は、分かりにくいですね。おそらく、「(両親に)私が少年としてどれほど喜んでいるかを示すことによって彼らに喜びをもたらすことに(ついて)」といった意味合いの副詞句で、S(I) V(do) O(my frequent failure)「私は頻繁に失敗をやらかす」という述部全体を修飾しているものと考えられます。 >Time after time, I realize now, I must have brought them bewilderment, dismay, and aching disappointment, by failing to respond adequately to some treat they planned for me. 「私は何度も、彼らが私のために計画した幾つかのもてなしに適切に対応しなかったために、彼らに当惑、落胆、および痛みのある失望をもたらしたに違いないことを今さらながら気づきました。」 ⇒ M(Time after time), S(I) V/M(realize now), O{S(I) V(must have brought) O(them) O'(bewilderment, dismay, and aching disappointment), M(by failing to respond adequately to some treat) Adj. M〈Rel.〉[they planned for me]}. *M(Time after time)「何度も(何度も)」は、文修飾副詞句です。S(I) V/M(realize now), O{~}.「私は、今さらながら/今ようやく気づいた」は、V/Mで動詞およびそれにかかる副詞を、O{~}全体でrealizeの目的節を表しています。S(I) V(must have brought) O(them) O'(bewilderment, dismay, and aching disappointment)のOは間接目的語、O'は直接目的語(3つある)を表します:「私は彼ら(両親)に当惑、落胆、および痛みのある失望をもたらしたに違いない」。M(by failing to respond adequately to some treat) Adj. M〈Rel.〉[they planned for me]「彼らが私のために計画した幾つかのもてなしに適切に対応しなかったことによって」のAdj. M〈Rel.〉は、関係詞が省略されていることを示します。そして、その関係節[they planned for me]は、treat「楽しみを与えること/もてなし」にかかります。

eigo0123
質問者

お礼

丁寧に解説して下さり、ありがとうございます。 おかげでよく理解することが出来ました。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• to my regret

To my regret, I spent all the money I had. (残念ながら、私はすべてのお金を使ってしまいました。) to my regret のように「to one's 名詞」の例を挙げてください。 to one's disappointment to one's joy to one's delight to one's sorrow to one's surprise

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

When first I was brought into contact with the West what most immediately impressed me was the character and range of your intelligence. I found that you had brought your mind to bear, with rare success, upon problems which had not even occurred to us in the East; that by analysis and experiment you had found the clue to the operation of the forces of Nature, and had turned them to account in ways shich, to my untraveled imagination, appeared to be little short of miraculous. 構文分析よろしくお願い致します。 できるだけ丁寧に解説して頂けると嬉しいです。

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

The happiest time of my boyhood was that early period, a little past the age of six, when I had my own pony to ride on, and was allowed to stay on his back just as long and go as f ar from home as I liked.I was like the young bird when on first quitting the nest it suddenly becomes conscious of its power to fly. 構文分析よろしくお願い致します! できるだけ丁寧に解説して頂けると嬉しいです。

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

The best way to read fiction is to mix one's reading, neither to favour the present at the expense of the past nor to favour the past at the expense of the present. And do not think that if this policy is pursued, contemporary work will appear thin and trivial beside the great work of the past. It is not necessarily so at all. As a professional reader I have to try to keep abreast with contemporary fiction while constantly widening and deepening my knowl- edge of the fiction of earlier times. I am continually turn- ing from the most vital work of our time to the classic novels, and I find no opposition between them; they are not mutually exclusive. -WALTER ALLEN, Reading a Novel 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m できるだけ丁寧に解説して頂けると嬉しいです😭

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

Many times a day I realize how much of my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my yellow-men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I received. My peace of mind is often troubled by the depressing sense that I have borrowed too heavily from the work of other men. できるだけ丁寧に解説して欲しいです。 構文分析や、文法など教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致します

• 英語にお願い致します<m(__)m>

こんばんは、いつもお世話になっております。 英語にしてみたものの、かなり間違っていると思うので 正しい英語に直して頂けると嬉しいです。 日本語訳をそのまま英語っていうのでなくても、 こんな感じの英文がいいんじゃないか・・っていうのでもいいです。 それから、○○さまへ・・・っていうのは 1回しか会わなかった親しい人ではなくても Dearでいいのでしょうか?それともTo になりますか? 他に何かあったら教えて下さい。 それでは宜しくお願い致します<m(__)m> 【先日は色々とどうもありがとうございました。 とても楽しい時間を過ごす事ができました。 私の母もとても素敵なレストランで喜んでおりました 今回2日間しか滞在できなかったので来月に再度訪れる予定です。 リスボンはとても綺麗な街並で大好きになりました。 写真をお送りします。 それでは。】 【thank you for your kindness the other day . we had spend good time. My mother was very pleased at a very fashionable restaurant,too. I was able to stay only by two days this time, I'm going to come to risubon next month again, because Lisbon came to love in a very beautiful town. I send photo.

• 構文分析をして欲しいです。

One of the most painful circumstances of recent advances in science is that each of them makes us know less than we thought we did. When I was young we all knew, or thought we knew,that a man consists of a soul and a body;that the body is in time and space,but the soul is in the time only. Whether the soul survives death was a matter as to which opinions might differ,but that there is a soul was thought to be indubitable As for the body, the plain man considered its existence self-evident, and so did the man of science, but the philosopher was apt to analyze it away after one fashion or another. できるだけ詳しく教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

• 訳をお願い致します

my good Lord,how are you?Very well,thankyou.I have more letters from you. I've wanted to return them to you for a long time. Please take them. I never sent you any letters. My Lord,you know very well that they're yours.Please take them.Are you an honest woman?I don't understand. An honest woman must forget that she's pretty.prettiness can make an honest woman bad, but honesty cannot make a pretty woman good.In the past,I found that hard to believe. Now I know that it's true.I was in love with you. I believed you.

• 意味の違いについて

(1)By the time I finished my work, the store had already been closed. (2)By the time I finished my work, it was too late to go shopping. (3)By the time I finished my work, it had been too late to shopping. の意味の違いを教えてください。よろしくおねがいいたします。

• 構文を教えてください

参考書で分からない構文があるので教えてください。 1,Why waste time prepareing for it? 疑問文なのに、doや助動詞がないのはなぜでしょうか? Why waste timeで検索すると色々出てくるので、決まり文句ですか? 2,As much as we are talked about getting out of here. 文頭に比較が来る場合の意味はどうなるのでしょうか? 3,It's very important that I get my suitacase. これは、It's very important for me to get my suitacaseと何が違うのでしょうか? that節と意味上の主語の違いを教えてください。 4,We judge somebody's attitude not only by what he say, but also by how act. not only~bu alsoですが、この文の構造が分かりません。 以上です よろしくお願いいたします。