• ベストアンサー

It was in those d~の解釈について

添付ファイル文章の It was in those days ,that very year I believe, the‘disgraceful action of the age took place の部分の文法構成がどうなっているのか 理解できないです。 It was in those days ,that very year I believe, ( that) the‘disgraceful action of the age took place で強調構文になっているのか、 自信がないです。 解説お願いします。 このageは新聞社の名前です。

noname#252302
noname#252302
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。文脈  その鉄道の駅で、名前は忘れたが貴族の一人が、ドイツ女性を鞭打ったと、どの新聞でも叩かれて、非道い評判になっていた。覚えていますか    (というのが前の文です。) 2。訳  それと同じ年だと思うが、『エイジ』紙の(一世一代の)最も恥ずかしい出来事が起こったのは、それらの日々のことだった。 3。文法構造  仮主語:It  仮動詞:was   補語:in those days ,  挿入句:that very year I believe,  真主語:the‘disgraceful action of the age  真動詞:took place 4。It was in those days ,that very year I believe, ( that) the‘disgraceful action of the age took place で強調構文になっているのか、自信がないです。  いわゆる it ~ that の構文です。多少の強調はあると思います。 5。このageは新聞社の名前です。  それと同時に「一世一代の」という意味も掛けているように思います

noname#252302
質問者

お礼

分かりやすく解説して下さりありがとうございました。 理解できました。 いつもお時間割いてくださりありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 問 In those days people ( ) that the earth was flat.の理由を教えてください。

問 In those days people ( ) that the earth was flat. 解 In those days people (believed) that the earth was flat. (have believed)(had believed)がだめな理由と なぜ (believed)になるかを恐れ入りますが、お願いいたします。

• in the last little while

" If i was in that kind of place (warm place) in the last little while, I'm very sure that you would know from my skin colour " -in the last little while の意味を教えてください。

• What I meant was that it was missin

What I meant was that it was missing something. メールの中のこの意味がわからないと送ったら、下記のように説明してくれました。 仕事で疲れて、電車にゆられてぼーっとして・・・という感じだと思うのですが、missing somethingが、どういうことなのか、よくわからないので、教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。 The ride on the train has a feel about it, the swaying of the cars, the click and clack of the train over the track, The look of the outside and all the people inside. gives it personality. Well that day the train felt it had no personality, I guess I was tired work is very busy, I really need to find a better job with better hours.

• Awwwwh why was it so hard

Awwwwh why was it so hard today (sad) You gotta get some rest when you get home ! No I didn't it was my second day off today but I have to go back to work starting tomarrow (sad)(sad)(sad) I hope you have a great rest of your day though! I'm know you can get through it just fine, I believe in you (moon grin) ↑この場合のI believe in youは、 別に深い意味はありませんか? 友達同士でよく使う言葉なのでしょうか? 異性からの場合、好意などはこの文章で感じられますか?

• IN WHAT WAS

Still, Dubai's need to turn to its oil-rich neighbor has led to a crisis of confidence in what was, until recently, a swaggering society, and there's now plenty of fear that all those dreams and plans will end in tears. すみません教えてください(´_`。)  けれどもドバイがオイル富豪の隣人に頼る必要性があるという事実は信用危機を引き起こした, IN WHAT WAS, 最近まで・・・・・ この IN WHAT WASが はっきりわかりません。 どなたか教えてください(´_`。)

• 強調構文 It is とIt wasの使い分け

よろしくお願いします。 It is(was) ~ that ・・・「・・・なのは~だ」という強調構文について質問です。 that以下が過去の場合、前のほうは、wasとisのどちらにするのがよいのか、という使い分けについて教えてください。 江川泰一郎『英文法解説』の54ページには、この点について、次の記載があります。 It was/is last week that I was him. のようにthat以下が過去の場合、前のほうはwasでもisでもよいが、wasで時制を一致させるのがふつうである。(江川泰一郎『英文法解説』 pp. 54) そして、以下の文に関して、前のほうをwasにするのかisにするのか、どちらが自然か、ということをネイティブ(カナダ人)に聞いてみたところ、以下のような回答を得ました。 (1)A: Mr. Hirose was born in 1970, right? B: No! It is(×was) Mr. Fujimoto that was born in 1970. (2)It was(×is) in the classroom that I left my pen. (3)It was(×is) my brother who helped me study English. (4)It is(×was) Mr. Koizumi that was more popular than Mr. Aso.  ※ここでのMr. Koizumi、Mr. Asoとは、小泉元首相、麻生元首相のことです。 ここでの「×」というのは、絶対にダメ、というのではなくて、どちらかというと、×のほうは、不自然である、という意味です。たとえば、(2)であれば、It was in the classroom that I left my pen.のほうが自然で、It is in the classroom that I left my pen.というのは、やや不自然になる、ということです。 以上のような回答をネイティブ(カナダ人)から得ましたが、どのようにしてwasとisを使い分けるのかがはっきりとわかりません。ネイティブも、感覚的に、どちらが自然かを判断しているだけなので、なかなか理論的な説明は難しいようです。 前に引用した『英文法解説』によると、wasで時制を統一するのが一般的、とのことですが、(1)と(4)で、isのほうが自然であるとネイティブが判断したのは、どのような理論が根拠にあるのでしょうか。 強調構文におけるwasとisの使い分けについて、理論的な説明をしていただける方は、ご教授よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 A few months later, I got an invitation to spend the Chinese New Year with friends in Hong Kong. That was the start of a long journey. It took hours to fly to Hong Kong, but it was worth it. I enjoyed seeing a new place so much that I ended up traveling through Southeast Asia for 13 months.

• thoseの用法

When the machine scanned the blank paper, it found that it had a pattern that was just as clear as those found on the microchips. のthoseはa patternですか?でも、thoseはthe+複数形じゃないと指せないんじゃないですか?

• 英文解釈

和訳お願いします。 Although I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the different countries I passed through on my way to Japan, I eventually became impatient to reach my destination.I had made up my mind while I was in England that I would live in Kyoto. There were several reasons for choosing Kyoto, rather than any other city in Japan. First of all, it had been spared the bombings that destroyed most other Japanese cities. Secondly, to someone like myself who was interested mainly in classical literature, it was natural to choose the place where most Japanese literature was composed for over a thousand years. Finally, the only two friends I had in Japan---one Japanese and one American--- were both living in Kyoto. I arrived in Tokyo one rainy evening in August 1953, and headed directly from the airport to Tokyo Station where I boarded the night train for Kyoto. I sent a telegram to my Japanese friend, who met me at Kyoto Station and took me to his house, where I was to live for about a month. My friend expected that I would want to rest the first day after my arrival in Japan, but I was much too excited to rest. I asked the friend to take me with him wherever he went that day. As it happened, he had business at the Suntory Whiskey Distillery between Kyoto and Osaka. My first sightseeing in Kyoto therefore took place not at a famous temple or garden, but at a distillery!

• It was hoped that all will go well.

It was hoped that all will go well. It was last year that I visited my native town. 強調構文を表すのはどちらになるのでしょうか また、なぜそう判断できるのか教えていただけないでしょうか。 強調構文では、動詞が強調されることはあるんですか? 解説お願いします