• 締切済み

英文解釈

和訳お願いします。 Although I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the different countries I passed through on my way to Japan, I eventually became impatient to reach my destination.I had made up my mind while I was in England that I would live in Kyoto. There were several reasons for choosing Kyoto, rather than any other city in Japan. First of all, it had been spared the bombings that destroyed most other Japanese cities. Secondly, to someone like myself who was interested mainly in classical literature, it was natural to choose the place where most Japanese literature was composed for over a thousand years. Finally, the only two friends I had in Japan---one Japanese and one American--- were both living in Kyoto. I arrived in Tokyo one rainy evening in August 1953, and headed directly from the airport to Tokyo Station where I boarded the night train for Kyoto. I sent a telegram to my Japanese friend, who met me at Kyoto Station and took me to his house, where I was to live for about a month. My friend expected that I would want to rest the first day after my arrival in Japan, but I was much too excited to rest. I asked the friend to take me with him wherever he went that day. As it happened, he had business at the Suntory Whiskey Distillery between Kyoto and Osaka. My first sightseeing in Kyoto therefore took place not at a famous temple or garden, but at a distillery!

noname#210519
noname#210519
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> Although I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the different countries I passed through on my way to Japan, I eventually became impatient to reach my destination.  Although I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the different countries [I passed through on my way to Japan], I eventually became impatient to reach my destination.  [ ] の中が、その直前の名詞を修飾しているという構造。  → 私は日本に向かう途上でいくつもの国々を訪れて大いに楽しんだのであったが、次第に早く目的地に着きたいと思うようになった。 > I had made up my mind while I was in England that I would live in Kyoto.  → 私は英国にいるうちに、京都に住んでみようと決めていた。 > There were several reasons for choosing Kyoto, rather than any other city in Japan.  → 日本の他の都市ではなく京都を選んだのには、いくつかの理由がある。 > First of all, it had been spared the bombings that destroyed most other Japanese cities.  → 第一の理由は、日本の他の大部分の都市と違い、爆撃を免れていたからだ。 > Secondly, to someone like myself who was interested mainly in classical literature, it was natural to choose the place where most Japanese literature was composed for over a thousand years.  → 第二に、古典文学に関心を持つわたしのような者が、千年以上にわたって日本の文学作品が生み出された土地を選んだのは、当然である。 > Finally, the only two friends I had in Japan---one Japanese and one American--- were both living in Kyoto.  → 最後に、日本に2人の友人 -- 1人は日本人で1人は米国人 -- が、どちらも京都に住んでいたからだ。 > I arrived in Tokyo one rainy evening in August 1953, and headed directly from the airport to Tokyo Station where I boarded the night train for Kyoto.  → 1953年の8月の雨の晩、私は東京に着き、空港からまっすぐ東京駅に行き、京都行の夜行列車に乗った。 > I sent a telegram to my Japanese friend, who met me at Kyoto Station and took me to his house, where I was to live for about a month.  → 私は日本人の友人に電報を打ち、その友人は京都駅に私を出迎えて、彼の家に連れていった。私はその家に1か月ほど滞在した。 > My friend expected that I would want to rest the first day after my arrival in Japan, but I was much too excited to rest.  → その友人は来日初日の私をくつろがせようとしたが、私は興奮しており、休むどころではなかった。 > I asked the friend to take me with him wherever he went that day.  → 私はその友人に、どこでもいいから彼がその日に行った場所に連れていってくれと頼んだ。 > As it happened, he had business at the Suntory Whiskey Distillery between Kyoto and Osaka.  → たまたま、彼は京都と大阪の間に位置するサントリー・ウィスキー醸造所に用があった。 > My first sightseeing in Kyoto therefore took place not at a famous temple or garden, but at a distillery!  → そういうわけで、私の初の京都観光は有名な寺院や庭園ではなく、醸造所だった!

• Oubli
  • ベストアンサー率31% (744/2384)
回答No.1

英文和訳依頼は5行以内

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳を教えて下さい

日本語訳を教えて下さい When I decided to send my son to a regular Japanese elementary school, my friends and family in America asked if I was worried about stereotype that bullying is worse in Japan. I bullying, I told them it's a told them my son would be fine. And at first, he was happy and learning well. なんとなくはわかるんですがはっきりとは理解できず、どなたか教えて頂けないでしょうか。

• 下の英文で不自然な言い回しや誤りがあれば教えてください。(改行などは気

下の英文で不自然な言い回しや誤りがあれば教えてください。(改行などは気にしないでください) Last night I had a couple of friends over to my house for drinks. I like to drink and I drank a lot. We enjoyed talking and drinking untill past 12a.m. I had to go to work also the next day, so my friends went home and I went to bed. This morning my alarm must have gone off at 6 o'clock. But I didn't realize it at all, because I was sleeping soundly due to having drunken too much and gone to bed so late. More than half an hour later I finally woke up. I was very surprized to look at the time. I jumped out of bed. My wife was ready for my breakfast but I had no time for eating it. I ran through the dining room with putting on my suit and rushed to the station. After arriving at the station, I still kept running in a great hurry, aiming to the train. However the train I wanted to take had just left. It was the last train by which I was in time for the office. I was so depressed by thinking of how I would be condemned by my boss in the office.

• 比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおね

比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおねがいします。 The first day my husband and I were in Tokyo. We went to a department store and did a lot of shopping. After shopping we got on a taxi in front of the department store to return to the hotel where we stayed. After a while we arrived at the hotel. My husband paid the taxi fare to a driver and we got out of the taxi. We reached our room in the hotel. A few minutes later I found that my purse was nowhere in our room. But I immediately rememberd that I had left my purse behind the taxi. What a terrible thing it was! I wondered if I should try to call a taxi company but did'nt know which one we had used. I was very confused and at a loss what I should do. Just then the phone in our room rang. It was a call from the clerk at the front desk. He said the taxi driver had just come at the front desk to deliver my purse to me. I was very happy to hear that. I went to the front desk right away and received my purse from the driver. I thanked him from the bottom of my heart, shaking hands with him.

• 英文解釈

It came to him slowly that in Japan he had taken being alone so much for granted that he was scarcely aware how miserable it made him この文の構造と訳し方教えてください。

• 次の英文の訳を教えてください。

Owing to the prevalence of a belief among those who then had the direction of our affairs in Japan that a knowledge of Chinese was a necessary preliminary to the study of Japanese, my fellow-student, R. A. Jamieson, and myself were at first stationed for a few months at Peking, where we were joined early in 1862 by Russell Robertson, who also belonged to the Japan establishment. Ernest Satowの「A Diplomat in Japan」からの引用です。 最初の部分だけ自分で訳してみましたが、who then had the direction of our affairs in Japan の部分の訳が自信がありません。後、構文は正しく取れていると思いますか? 当時、日本における業務の指揮権を持っていた者たちの間で、中国語を知っていることは日本語を研究するための下準備として必要であるという考えが優勢だったために よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の英文について教えてください

The mournful truth that a man — every man-must die alone, had been thrust sharply into my mind and kept there by the frequent violent attacks of my malady I suffered at that time, every one of which threatened to be the last. (中略) Then my mother died. Her perfect health failed her suddenly, and her decline was not long. But she suffered much, and on the last occasion of my being with her at her bedside she told me that she was very tired and had no fear of death, and would be glad to go but for the thought of leaving me in such a precarious state of health and with a mind distressed. Even then she put no questions to me, but only expressed the hope that her prayers for me would be answered and that at the last we should be together again. I cannot say, as I might say in the case of any other relation or friend, that I had lost her. (中略) It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago to have my secret and most cherished feelings about my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend who, albeit still young, has made himself a name in the world, one who had never known a mother, she having died during his infancy. <最後のIt came to me~の英文について>: It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago~のasは「~として」ですか? as I had never heard them expressed ~のasは「~のように」ですか? (themはmy secret and most cherished feelings ?) my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend のところの意味がよくわからないのですが、 expressedの取り方は、 my own mother expressed to me私自身の母親が私に表現した、 I had never heard them expressed私はそれらが表現されるのを決して聞いたことがない、 ですか? she having died during his infancyここは独立分詞構文で、「彼女は彼の幼年時代に亡くなってしまったので」? ----Far Away and Long Ago :W.H.Hudson

• 英文解釈について質問があります

were you working on a lot of ideas at the same time or were you systematically progressing track by track? It was both... somehow. We started with 2, 3 tracks which we already played for the live-shows and where we felt that it could be a good starting point for the new record. From that moment on it was more a progression from one track to the next one. At least up to a certain level, where the basic idea of a piece was clear. When we were about to finish the album we had most of the tracks in a rough version. This means in the last two months we had to work on several pieces at the same time. たくさんの曲を同時進行で作っていたのですか?それとも、1曲1曲ずつ順序立てて薦めていったのでしょうか? (質問の意図は簡単に言えば、曲作りを何曲かを同時進行で進めたのか、もしくは1曲1曲進めたのか?ですよね) それに対する答えは、 どちらのやり方もだね。なぜかはわからないけど…。すでにライブで演奏した事がある曲が2,3あってね。それらの曲からレコーディングし始めたんだけど、それって(2,3曲同時に進める事)レコーディングのよい出発点になるんじゃないかなって感じたんだ。 この場合のwhereはどういう役割でしょうか? From that moment on it was more a progression from one track to the next one. このmoreは副詞のmore? なぜ、a more progressionとはならないのか。このitは何なのか? この文の構造と意味も知りたいです。 At least up to a certain level, where the basic idea of a piece was clear. 少なくともあるレベルまではね。(そのあるレベルがどこかというと楽曲の基本的なアイデアが明確だったレベル) これで解釈はあってますよね? When we were about to finish the album we had most of the tracks in a rough version. This means in the last two months we had to work on several pieces at the same time. 俺たちがまさにアルバムを仕上げようとしていた時、楽曲の大部分のラフバージョンは持っていたよ。つまり、最後の2か月は何曲か同時に作業を進めなければならなかった事を意味する。 これらを踏まえるとどうも全体の意味がギクシャクしてしまいます。 自分の解釈としては、最初に両方のやり方を採用したと言っているので、 We started with 2, 3 tracks から、At least up to a certain level, where the basic idea of a piece was clear. ここまでで、「最初は1曲1曲進めていた」という流れで、 At least up to a certain level, where the basic idea of a piece was clear. When we were about to finish the album we had most of the tracks in a rough version. This means in the last two months we had to work on several pieces at the same time. 後半のこちらが、最後はすべて同時に進めないといけなかった。 という流れだと思うのですが・・・。どうも難しい。 今回もよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

I was so low doubting life and angry at the world. All i've been through,in past relationships.....?? and now the mistakes i've made, the hurt and disappointment i've had before... Believe me, i've had many awful thoughts looking for an easier way to escape my own misery, the reality as it was, I really thought I lost all hope and faith ...the light no longer shined...and I could barely see. I was in a horrible, terrible mess until you came along. Exactly why i'm so very greatful to have met you at that time. よろしくお願いします。

• 比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおね

比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおねがいします。 The first day my husband and I were in Tokyo. We went to a department store and did a lot of shopping. After shopping we got on a taxi in front of the department store to return to the hotel where we stayed. After a while we arrived at the hotel. My husband paid the taxi fare to a driver and we got out of the taxi. We came back to our hotel room. A few minutes later I found my purse was nowhere in our room. But I immediately rememberd having left my purse behind in the taxi. What a terrible thing it was! I wondered if I should try to call a taxi company but did'nt know which one we had used. I was very confused and at a loss what I should do. Just then the phone in our room rang. It was a call from the clerk at the front desk. He said the taxi driver had just come at the front desk to deliver my purse to me. I was very happy to hear that. I went to the front desk right away and received my purse from the driver with the contents intact. I thanked him from the bottom of my heart, shaking hands with him.

• 英文解釈に困っています

(1)The greeks, great as they were, had some shortcomings. 真ん中のところがよくわかんないです。 (2)That may be your opinion, but the others think differently. Thatが何を指しているのかよくわかないんです。それはあなたの意見になりうる??? (3)I was surprised at how easy the President was to talk to. to talk toがよくわかりません。 どうか教えていただけないでしょうか。