The Implications of Extensive Sewer Work on the Outdoor Summer Concert Series in Evergreen Park

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The parks and recreation department is meeting to discuss the implications of the extensive sewer work on the outdoor summer concert series in Evergreen Park.
  • They are concerned about how the construction will affect the concerts and are gathering to find solutions.
  • If the sewer work causes disruptions or delays, it could impact the success of the concert series.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

訳し方を教えて下さい

お世話になります。 The parks and recreation department is meeting to discuss what implications the extensive sewer work will have for the outdoor summer concert series ins Evergreen Park. 公園保養部は、大規模な下水道工事が Evergreen Park で行われる一連の夏の野外コンサートにどのような影響を及ぼすかについて話し合うために集まります。 英文中の "will have for" がどのように使われているのかが分かりません。 どなたかご指導ください。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.3

途中からしゃしゃり出てすみませんが、以下のとおりお答えします。 >英文中の "will have for" がどのように使われているのか ⇒英文と訳文の対応関係をつかむと分かりやすいかもしれません。 つまり、修飾語句を無視して主要な部分だけ書きますが、「下水道工事が野外コンサートに対してどのような(影響を及ぼすことになるか)について話し合うために」のカッコ内を直訳すれば、「下水道工事が野外コンサートに対してどのような(関係を持つことになるか)について話し合うために」となることさえ分かればいいのです。 そういう解釈のもとになる主要語句を考えてみましょう。 *what implications:「いかなる関わり合い・関係を(持つか)」。haveの目的語。 *the extensive sewer work:「大規模な下水道工事が」。haveに対する主語。 *will have for ~:「~に対して持つであろう」。 ということで、もう一度英文と訳文の関係に戻ります。 to discuss what implications the extensive sewer work will have for ~を直訳すると、「大規模な下水道工事が~に対してどのような関係を持つか話し合うために」となります。 ところが、お示しの訳文では、この「どのような関係を持つか」の部分を「どのような影響を及ぼすか」と意訳していたわけですね。 以上で、"will have for" がどのように使われているのか、理解できると思いますが、いかがでしょうか。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

こんばんは。ええとこれは、疑問詞疑問文の間接話法ということでよろしいでしょうね。 最初から答えを言うようですが、おおもとの文を先に考えてしまいましょう。問題の文からあってもなくても文の構造に影響のない修飾語などを削っておおもとの文を考えてみます。 The sewer work will have significant implications for the outdoor summer concert series. 下水道工事はかなりの影響を一連の野外コンサートに及ぼすだろう。 The sewer work will have slight implications for the outdoor summer concert series. 下水道工事はわずかな影響を一連の野外コンサートに及ぼすだろう。 The sewer work will have adverse implications for the outdoor summer concert series. 下水道工事は悪影響を一連の野外コンサートに及ぼすだろう。 という文章があるとき、「かなりの影響」「わずかな影響」「悪い影響」「よい影響」などのいずれなのか、かわからないとき、それはつまり「どんな影響を及ぼすだろうか」という時には、普通に疑問文を作るわけですね。すでにお分かりのように、implicationsにwhatをつけて文頭に出した上、主語、助動詞、動詞の語順なども疑問文にし(この場合は助動詞willを主語の前に出す)、?もつけます。 What implications will the sewer work have for the outdoor summer concert series? 下水道工事はどんな影響を一連の野外コンサートに及ぼしますか? で、これが直接疑問文なわけですが、これを間接疑問文にするわけです。間接疑問文はおわかりでしょうか? (直接疑問文) "Where does he live?" 「彼はどこに住んでるの?」と私は彼女に聞く。 (間接疑問文)I ask her where he lives. 彼はどこに住んでいるか私は彼女に聞く。 直接疑問文を、その内容を「私は彼女に聞く」という間接疑問文にするには、冒頭に、I ask herを足してから、does he live → he lives と、疑問文の語順を平叙文に直し,?も外すのですね。 問題の文、 What implications will the sewer work have for the outdoor summer concert series? 下水道工事はどんな影響を一連の野外コンサートに及ぼしますか? この「どんな影響を及ぼしますか?」という疑問を、公園保養部が集まって議論する、 The parks and recreation department is meeting to discuss  というわけですから、さきほどと同様に、「冒頭に、The parks and recreation department is meeting to discuss を足してから、疑問文の語順を平叙文に直したうえで、?を外す」のですね。 というわけで、 The parks and recreation department is meeting to discuss + What implications will the sewer work have for the outdoor summer concert series? ↓ The parks and recreation department is meeting to discuss what implications the sewer work will have for the outdoor summer concert series. ができました。これで完成ですが、extensive とか、地名をもとに戻すと、お尋ねの、 The parks and recreation department is meeting to discuss what implications the extensive sewer work will have for the outdoor summer concert series in Evergreen Park. ができます。 以上ご参考になれば幸いです。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >>申し訳ございません。分かりませんでした( "for" の使い方は別として) なぜここで "have" が使われているのか?と質問すべきでした。    ここでは下記のように have implications for ~「(直訳では)~に影響を持つ > (意訳では)~に影響を与える」すなわち have が動詞で implications がその目的で、この場合have が普通に使われる動詞だからです。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=implications

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

英文中の "will have for" がどのように使われているのかが分かりません。  この for は、下記の前置詞の4、「~にとって」あるいは「~に対して」という意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=for  したがって「(野外コンサート)にとって(どんな影響が)あるだろうか」ということになります。

ascolta
質問者

お礼

申し訳ございません。分かりませんでした( "for" の使い方は別として) なぜここで "have" が使われているのか?と質問すべきでした。

関連するQ&A

• what + 名詞 + 主語 + 動詞について

The parks and recreation department is meeting to discuss what implications the extensive sewer work will have for the outdoor summer concert series ~ ~一連の夏の野外コンサートにどのような影響を及ぼすかについて話し合うために集まります という文があり、解説に < what + 名詞 + 主語 + 動詞(will have) >の形とか書かれていましたが、理解が出来ません。 whatが関係代名詞の場合、先行詞を含む形で、what以下は不完全な文だと習いました。 この場合、名詞 + 主語と名詞が2つ続く形と言うのが理解できません。 このような形はあるのでしょうか? アドバイスを頂けないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい<(_ _)>

アメリカネットショップで小物を複数購入予定です。日本人向けに注意書きがあったんですが詳しい方意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 In regards to becoming an distributor, we will need to discuss this in details and IN PERSON. You originally initiated this matter but since you are not be able to come to our office to discuss further we have put it aside for now. When you’re ready to discuss this matter again, let us know and we will be happy to discuss further but till then all related questions and inquiry I will not be able to answer via email. As for the promotional bag, for now we have to put this on hold so please do not produce them yourself. I will discuss this with CEO when he returns from his trip next month for a better outcome for you.

• check-inの意味

In addition, we each still have weekly one-on-one check-ins. While this is a good time to share updates, we also make sure to discuss life. For example, I chat with my CTO about Harry Potter during most check-ins. I have another team member I catch up with about Survivor. This helps you keep that camaraderie that comes from working with others. ここで使われているcheck-inはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• [英語]()に当てはまるもの教えて下さい><

1. Since this is a very important problem, we are not prepared to () this here. (1) discuss on (2) discuss over (3) discuss (4) discuss about 2. Thanks for sending the file for me - it () me a lot time. (1) gave (2) made (3) saved (4) reduced 3. You mustn't drive when you are drunk. There is a heavy () for drunk driving. (1) fine (2) fare (3) fee (4) charge 4. () my books are English detective novels. (1) Most of (2) Almost of (3) Most (4) All almost 5. You should be more () to other people's feelings. (1) sensible (2) sensitive (3) sensual (4) sensory 6. () we should make sure we have what we need. (1) For the first time (2) At first (3) The first time (4) First of all 7. This detective novel is said () in 20th century. (1) having been written (2) to have written (3) to have been written (4) that it was written 8. She wanted to be a teacher in the town () she was born. (1) that (2) what (3) where (4) which 9. This table is three times () of that one. (1) as large (2) as large as (3) the size (4) size as 10. Let's go to the park, () we? (1) don't (2) can't (3) shall (4) will

• 英文を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップでバッグを購入予定です。そこはオリジナルバッグを作ってくるお店です。 制作してくれますか?と質問したら返事がきたんですが、どうやら業者専用の内容です。 すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 For Japan distributorship I think it would be best to discuss in person, I have spoken with our Executives and they also agree that we should meet here at the office to discuss further. We would like to hear what you have in plans, a business plan and any additional information will be helpful at the meeting for consideration. We will meet others to consider distributorship for Japan as well but we would prefer to work with companies that we’re currently working with like yourself. The time period for this will be from August 18-28th so if you would like to be considered for Distributorship, please let me know when you will be able to arrange a visit to our office. At which time we will further discuss the promotional bag. Please let me know what you would like to do.

• すいませんが、翻訳お願いします。

すいませんが、翻訳お願いします。 thank you for your cooperation and we have submitted them to our Product Department. We will keep you informed as soon as we have any news, all right? Please allow us some time handling this for you, okay? Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated. Any further questions or needs, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help you.

• こんにちは、お世話になります。

こんにちは、お世話になります。 翻訳お願いします。 Thank you for your email and patience.We have contacted our product department again.As soon as we get the reply,we will send you an email.If they think it is necessary to send it back to repair,we will keep you informed.We are sorry for all the trouble it may cause to you.Any problems please feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!

• 毎度お世話になります。

毎度お世話になります。 翻訳お願いします。 Thanks for your email. Thanks for your cooperation and information.As we checked,we have not received your package.We have conatact our logistic department to track this package.Could you please wait for another several days so that we can confirm what's the problem with the item?We will contact you as soon as we confirm the problem.Your patience and understanding will be highly appreciated by us.If you have any other question or needs,please feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!

• 英語の文法問題です

以下の英文の空所に入れると1-5順番に(2) (1) (3) (3) (2)で正しいですか? 1.She was very glad ( ) receive a letter from him. (1)about(2)to(3)that(4)for 2.Students have to be silent until the concert ( ). (1)finishes (2)finish(3)finished(4)will finish 3.It snowed last night. Watch your step,( ) you’ll fall down. (1)and (2)but(3)or(4)then 4.“( ) I take this chair to the next room?” “Yes,of course.” (1)Will(2)Have(3)Can(4)would 5.“How about ( ) dinner with me tonight?” “Sounds good!” (1)have(2)having(3)to have (4)will have

• 英語に詳しいかたにお願いします。

[ ]の語句から( )にあてはまる適切なものを教えて下さい 1.One of the students who ( ) in the office now came here yesterday also. [is /are/am] 2.The man was waiting for somebody at the station ( ) I just got out the train. [when /which/where] 3.The house ( ) I live is very convenient for commuting. [at where/ in which / on which] 4.I am going to visit the museum ( ) you visited last month. [what / where /when] 5.Everything ( ) is connected with this project must be reported to the director. [which/ that/of which] 6.After hitting the Bahamas , the hurriane is fast () the East Cast. [ coming/ approaching/closing/aiming] 7.The hen ( ) seven eggs this morning , but none of them has hatched yet. [layed/lay/laid/lie] 8.The project chief ( ) for this company for twenty years next March. [has been working/is working/would been working / will have been working] 9.The committee will ( ) the annual budget proposed by the accounting department. [discuss/discuss for /discuss on/discuss about] 10.( ) the survey report ordered by the Mayor last month? [have you finished/ did you finish /had you finished/are you finished] 11.I interviewed two women both ( ) are married and want to work in the food industry. [of them / who/ of whom/of who] 12.All employees shold take responsibility ( ) when talking to prospective clients. [for what they say/in which they say/for the meaning they mean/in to mean] 13.Bird flu infection only occurs ( ) people and fowl live in close proximity. [due to/ what/where/as] 14.This information about our company hiring policy should have been given to the applicants who ( ) last week. [interviewed/were interviewed/are interviewing/interviews] 15.Congratulations! You are the one millionth customer ( ) our shopping mall. [to come /who will come to/has visit/to visit]