• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします

Dark and dusty, painted on the sky Misty taste of moonshine, teardrops in my eye

noname#245385
noname#245385
  • 英語
  • 回答数10
  • ありがとう数10

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.9

塵にまみれた暗闇、まるで空に描かれたような山 霧の中密造酒を飲み、(望郷の念に)涙を浮かべる 『翻訳というのはぶつ切りにしてその部分だけ訳す事はできません。』 paintedの主語はDark and dustyではありません。前文のherです。 All my memories gathered 'round her, Miner's lady, stranger to blue water. Dark and dusty, painted on the sky, で、そのherは、さらに前のWest Virginia, mountain mommaを指していますから山です。 『Moonshineというのは密造酒』で、禁酒法時代は山奥でこっそり作ったもののようです。今でもアメリカの田舎では作る人がいるようです。 ですから、故郷を思い出す時に「密造酒」を思い出す事もあるでしょうし、霧が立ち込める山の中で作っては、飲む事もあったでしょう。 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonshine たまたま、Take me home, country roadの歌詞だったので、分かりましたが、他の英文でしたら、まあ、ロクな訳が付くわけないですよ。 

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

>paintedの主語はDark and dustyではありません。前文のherです。 >で、そのherは、さらに前のWest Virginia, mountain mommaを指していますから山です。 なるほど目から鱗。故郷を思う要素を羅列したうえで最後に(望郷の念に)涙を浮かべるということですね。 無理やりつなげようとしていたので混乱していましたがスッキリしました。

その他の回答 (9)

回答No.10

補足です、アメリカのmoonshine(密造酒)についてのドキュメンタリー(日本語)です。 現在では、moonshineと同じ製法の酒が合法的に買えるそうですが、中には今でも「本場moonshineは、密造酒に限る」といって喜んで違法物のmoonshineを買っている方達をドキュメンタリーで見ると、やっぱり密造酒に故郷の味を感じるものなのかなと思います。 *本回答は法律違反を推奨するものではありませんし、違法物のmoonshineを推奨するものでもありません。 あくまで歌詞の読解のための回答です。

参考URL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EixyJlztLyE
noname#245385
質問者

お礼

西部劇や南北戦争~禁酒法時代を描いた映画を見ると密造酒はアメリカ大衆文化みたいな感じですね。醸造所がそこらじゅうにあってよく爆発事故を起こしたとか。 アメリカの楽曲なので最初に自分で歌詞を訳したときはmoonshine=密造酒と訳しましたが、暗闇や空など月を連想させる部分があったためどうなのかなと思い質問しました。ある種のダブルミーニングのような技法なのかなとも思っています。 歌詞がぶつ切りの一部になってしまったのは理由があったのですが、それにも関わらず、元の歌詞に基づいた回答をしてくれたので助かりました。ありがとうございます。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.8

#1です。寝言です。  この二行は文法的に言えば文ではありません。名詞、あるいは名詞句の羅列です。理屈の通るものというより雰囲気作りの言葉遊びです。  ある範疇(日本語でいえば、愛、失恋、酒、涙、など)の頻度の高い語彙を並べれば、流行歌ができると国立国語研究所の報告があったような気がします。  英語でも、夜、刑務所、雨、哀愁、汽笛、などを入れるとカウボーイの歌詞ができるそうですから、あまり論理的なものを求めるのは無理かもしれません。  

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

他の回答でも言われてるんですが、部分的な抜粋では意味が伝わらないんですね。歌詞の解釈を質問すると権利のことで怒る人がいるのでこういう形になってしまいました。申し訳ないです。 でも直訳でも十分参考になる回答が得られたと思います。ありがとうございます。

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.7

(1)1行目では〔d〕で、2行目では〔m〕と〔t〕で頭韻を踏んでいる。 (2)1行目、2行目の語尾では〔ai〕で脚韻を踏んでいる。 (3)時は夜、場所は戦場(のようなところ)と思われる。 (4)砲撃または銃撃の影響で砂塵が空中に漂っている。 (5)砂塵などの影響でかすんで見える月を見ながら、(戦争を憂えて)悲しんでいる。 (6)taste ofは「~気味」というニュアンスと取りました。 (訳文) 砂ぼこり舞い、薄暗い夜空に立ちこめる 月明かりもかすみ気味、わが瞳に涙をさそう 以上、ご回答まで。

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

taste ofのニュアンス参考になります。 情景が浮かびました。

回答No.6

朧月夜に涙す。

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

なるほど朧月を見て泣いているんですね

• SPS700
回答No.5

#1です。補足です。 >>余計なこといいました。わざわざ回答してくれたのにごめんなさい。  いえ、ご質問は翻訳だったのでそれにお答えしたまでです。「解釈」にはもっと前後の情報と、僕には欠けている詩を読む力が要ると思います。

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

ありがとうござました。

• SPS700
回答No.4

#1です。補足です。 >>一番きになるのはMisty taste of moonshineの部分です。 月明かりの霧の味ではしっくりこない気がしませんか?  僕の仕事は「翻訳」で、しっくりくる何かの「解釈」をすることではありません。で直訳しました。

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

余計なこといいました。わざわざ回答してくれたのにごめんなさい。

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.3

> 月明かりに対してtaste ofと表現するのは普通なんですかね。ここが気になっ > てます。 " a taste of ~ " に「一味の/一抹の/ちょっとした ~」という意味を持たせる場合があります。 [ご参考] https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=taste+of ここではそのようなニュアンスで用いられていると感じました。 ご参考まで。

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

なるほど!勉強になりました。

noname#245385
質問者

補足

前半部分が文字通り「埃で暗く塗られた空」であれば、月明かりはぼやけてしまうのでa taste of ~に整合性が見られるような気がしてきました。

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

くすんだ闇が、空に描き出され 霞がかった一抹の月明りが、僕の目に泪を誘う

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 月明かりに対してtaste ofと表現するのは普通なんですかね。ここが気になってます。

• SPS700
回答No.1

暗くて、埃っぽい、空に描かれて  月明かりの霧の味、私の目に涙の雫  何か、歌詞の一部か詩の一部のようです。

noname#245385
質問者

お礼

そうです。洋楽の歌詞の一部です。 一番きになるのはMisty taste of moonshineの部分です。 月明かりの霧の味ではしっくりこない気がしませんか?

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

I've had my share of fall-outs and I know the dark. But don't tell me close my eyes.Don't tell me I've gone too far. I know my heart. の和訳をお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? かなり抽象的な段落だと想像しますので 意訳していただけるとありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His eyes are sharp and piercing, sparkling clear eyes. That have a steady unflinching direct hard stare. They will be slightly deep set, nor too much so. The sockets are a little dark, and brownish toned. As for the color of the eyes, the Irises are best described as a dark, stewed prune brown to dark grey. They are like a dark night with just a hint of mist. The pupils in the centre are large and dark as jet. Fascinating eyes. The heavy eyebrows above them rise upwards slightly in an angle from about the centre of the brow and beyond that point the line of the brown gets thinner, more refined before it the brow is thicker more wedge shaped. The clear cut features of the face may have the illusion of being sharpened by the long, lean cheeks, which are sleek and smooth and slightly concave below the cheekbones but not hollowed enough to be sunken, just a mere hint of a depression that will become more noticeable or hollowed with age. There may be a mark, mole or scar on the face. But in general his appearance is handsome distinctive and good.

• 和訳お願いします

Eyes in the Dark Temnodontosaurus was certainly an unusual animal. It had some of the largest eyes in nature―more than 25 cm (10 inches) across! With a name that means "cutting tooth lizard," Temnodontosaurus could easily pick out its prey in the dark water.

• 和訳をお願いします。

Tell me what you like and I’ll tell you what you are. What is food to one man is bitter poison to others. Taste is the enemy of creativity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 和訳

When we think of Chagall’s works,bright and beautiful and pictures come to mind. But this picture expresses a dark and tragic mood. People are running to escape the fighting. Some Jewish buildings are being set on fire. In the center we can see the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. We also see a few Jewish rabbis. Is this just a religious picture? Chagall did not live only in a word of beautiful imagery. His pictures sometimes expressed the chaos around him. In his younger days,he had hard times during World War I and the Russian Revolution. In 1935,Chagall visited Poland and was shocked to find that the Jewish people were being treated badly. He foresaw great danger for the Jewish people,and the start of another war. He painted pictures warning the world of the danger. Soon after that,World War II broke out and the Holocaust began. In 1940 the Nazis took over Paris. He feared for his safety and moved to the United States in 1941.

• 和訳をお願いします(ーωー)

Police might soon be able to tell the eye colour of criminals from DNA recovered from crime scenes, thanks to a new genetic study. A team of scientists led by Manfred Kayser, of Erasmus University Medical Centre in Rotterdam, has developed a method that predicts eye colour with unprecedented accuracy. The method could also be used on ancient DNA to profile early modern humans or even Neanderthals. And as eye colour is determined by many genes, the work also raises hopes for predictive genetic tests for diseases that are influenced by numerous genes, such as heart disease. Kayser's team looked at DNA from more than 6,000, Dutch Europeans from Rotterdam. About 68% of these people had blue eyes, whereas around 23% had brown eyes. The researchers focused on eight genes known to be associated with eye colour. These genes code for proteins involved in the production or distribution of the iris, skin, and the hair pigments eumelanin and pheomelanin. The strongest effect on eye colour is determined by two adjacent genes, OCA2 and HERC2, on chromosome 15, but these don't paint the full picture. Kayser's team zeroed in on 37 sites of genetic variation in the eight genes. These sites — called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) — are points where one of the four letters in the DNA code of chemical bases is substituted for another. よろしくお願いしますorz

• 和訳お願いします。

Then the celebrated elections attacks Edison's modified Sprengel air pump and belittles it.Then he goes on to explain the "necessity for some automatic means of regulating the current when sudden and great changes come up,and that at present Edison has a young man stationed in the vicinity of the apparantus with his eye on the Thomson galvanometer who regulates the changes by throwing in and out resistance".The young man that the celebrated election mentions happened to be my humble self. When Edison had finished reading the matter he said,'What do you think of that,Batch,I explained everything to him in pretended to approve of what I did. Let me tell you this,my light and system will survive long after his is forgotten.' Only a strong, indomitable and iron-clad character like Edison's could withstand such treatment , which today only enhances the glory of his memory. Amid these seeming oddities in the human nature of others, he kept calmly on developing the filament and the process of manufacture. The hunt for the best material continued.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分となります。 ここから、顔の比喩に入りますので、かなり抽象的な内容だと思われますが、 意訳でかまいませんので、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He is handsome with a forceful face, and a direct gaze. His hair is wonderfully thick sweeping in shape and with a flick at the ends. It is dark., well styled and comprised of dark chocolate shades of brown, some close to rusted ebony, some burnt umber. He has a look of wealthy refined man. It is a long face, with a heavy bone structure that gives powerful delicate features. He has a high tall handsome forehead, which is smooth skinned and makes him look refined and intellectual. It is soft beige in color with a trapezoid shape at the hair line and straight lower down by the eyes. It has a faint depression or hollowed in the middle above the eyes. No lines across the forehead until old age, and even then they are faint like the hair line crack in a plate.

• 和訳お願いします。

This, however, can only be part of the explanation. There is also evidence that ethnic women have been ambivalent about their own kind of look for many years. For decades, women with dark skin the world over have tried to make their skin paler or their hair straighter, sometimes with dangerous chemicals. The model Alek Wek recently told Vogue India that, in her native Sudan, her dark skin is looked down on by lighter-skinned Sudanese. “What is this obsession with pigment?” she asked. Marriage adverts in India newspapers unselfconsciously express a preference for fair or wheat-coloured skin in women. Japanese and Chinese women regularly have cosmetic operations to remove the fold of skin above their eyes, so they look more like a “round-eyed” European, and dye their hair blonde. As Doukas said of a photoshoot in Japan recently: “The girls just didn't look Japanese. It was very sad.” Indeed, in my copy of Japanese Vogue, there was a total absence of Japanese models. “I am black but comely,” says the beautiful women in the Old Testament's Song of Songs. Why the “but”? よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をおねがいします。

1,we live in the 21st century, the age of "new paradigm" ,where ethnicity has replaced ideology as a prime source of conflict. 2,we read shakespeare's play in school , experience them in the theater , and now, increasingly,see them on video and the movie screen. 3,i have a presentation on english political history tomorrow and i am extremely nervous now. 4,i was just taking a nap in the living room when my wife rushes in shouting that our car is on fire.