• ベストアンサー

pass him off

My husband and I have a professional acquaintance I’ve never really liked—he gives me the creeps—but tolerated for our business’ sake. Whenever he calls I am polite and quickly pass him off to my husband. pass him off to my husbandはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"pass him off to my husband" 「私の主人に変わってもらう」 だと思います。 Whenever he calls I am polite and quickly pass him off to my husband. 彼から電話があると、私はいつも丁重に対応し主人に変わってもらいます。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• save him from himself

My five year-old son is starting kindergarten and wants to dress himself. None of his clothing matches and I’m worried his friends and others will make fun of him for the way he looks. He is insisting on picking out his own clothes. My husband and I are torn over what to do. Do we allow him to pick his own clothes OR do we save him from himself and demand he wear what we tell him to? save him from himself はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• want him out

Two years ago my family had a run of bad luck, which landed us in a homeless shelter. I got an apartment fairly quickly, and it's mine and my daughter's. My mother was supposed to move in rent-free, but she brought her boyfriend, who I didn't want here. He's still here and barely contributes to the expenses. I recently lost my job and he promised to help out more financially, but he hasn't. He continues to mooch. This has caused so much stress between my mother and me. Hate is a strong word, but I hate him and want him out. want him outは「いなくなってほしい」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 使役動詞~させたの使い方がいまいち分かりません

例えば、「息子がビートルズに興味をもつかな~と思ってCDを聞かせてみたら見事にハマッった。」 と言いたい時に I thought my son might like the betles, so I got him to listen their CD. And he liked a lot. でよいでしょうか?get toでいいのかletにすべきなのか分かりません。 ナチュラルな訳を教えて下さい。

• That’s big of him.

Q: Invalid Marriage: We recently found out that my “husband” is still married to his first wife. I feel like a fraud and want to get an annulment. My “husband” feels like it’s no big deal. It’s a big deal to me. What say you, Prudence? A: Someone who marries his second wife while still married to his first wife is someone who would say bigamy is no big deal. That’s big of him. That’s big of him.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

A few months ago, my husband uncovered an affair I was having with an old flame. He moved out and initiated divorce proceedings, but in the time since, I was able to convince him that I am truly repentant and to give our marriage another chance for the sake of our children. The problem I have now is that he says that if we are to stay married, he wants it to be an open marriage. I’ve tried to tell him that I’ve gotten that out of my system and I don’t want to be with anybody other than him, but he says there just isn’t any way he can ever trust me again, he doesn’t feel an obligation to be faithful to me anymore, and at least this way we’re being honest about it. ここでのgotten that out of my systemはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この答えお願いします

(1)If my husband (2)calls,justtell him I'm (3)in an important meeting and cannot (4)distusb 数字のすぐあとの一単語に下線があって、 このなかで一ヶ所誤りがあります。正しく直しなさい。という問題です!できたら和訳解説つきで教えてください><お願いします

• play off

My husband and I have four young children. Generally, our children are well-behaved; however, sometimes they don't listen to me or my husband. It is incredibly frustrating for us, and we both lose our patience quickly with them. When this happens, we find that they start playing off one another and revolting against us. playing off one anotherはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am 32 and have been married to my husband, the love of my life and best friend, for the past five years. A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, and currently only have about six-to-eight months left. This has been very hard, but I am starting to come to terms with the reality of the situation. My husband has been amazingly supportive of me during this time. We have no kids, and as my health has declined, he has sat with me through endless doctor appointments, hospital stays, and sleepless nights. On bad days he even has to help me bathe, and I know this has taken a toll on him. A few weeks ago while using his iPad to watch a movie, an email came in and I discovered he has been having a affair (emotional and sexual) with a co-worker for a few months now. For several days I cried, heartbroken at the betrayal, but now I feel like my husband deserves to have someone help him and support HIM through this emotional time. I have not confronted him about the affair, and were it not for the email and my subsequent snooping, I never would have known as I have not felt him pulling away from me. Do I confront my husband and tell him I understand? That although I am hurt, I forgive him and I don’t want him to feel guilty? That although I am hurtのThatはどのような役割でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• enable

My husband, "Paul," wants nothing to do with my 36-year-old son, "Alan." I admit that Alan lived with us too long and has done some terrible things, but he's my son and I love him. I've enabled him because of his health problems. He has diabetes, epilepsy and vision problems and, in the past year, has lost 80 pounds. ここでのenabledはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• stand to

I love my husband, but I don't like him anymore. He is disrespectful to me because I am overweight, and he has been after me for years to lose the extra pounds. He uses filthy language when he speaks to me and says it's OK because I am disrespecting him by not losing weight. I'm 58 years old, have back problems, wear a size 8 and could stand to lose a good 15 pounds. stand toはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします