Stuck in a state of confusion: My husband is constantly making obscene comments to me and our children

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Q: My husband constantly makes obscene comments to me and our children, and insults our boys by saying they are not his biological children.
  • A: You should leave your husband and seek legal help to protect your children from his abusive behavior. Find support from organizations like the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence and consider opening a bank account in your name to save money for leaving your marriage.
  • Hashtags: #domesticviolence #protectyourchildren #findsupport #leavingabusivepartner #financialindependence
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

現在完了形

Q. Stuck in a state of confusion: My husband is constantly making obscene comments to me and our children. He tells other people that our boys are not his, that they are from my first marriage, and that he only had them so that they would do all of the things he doesn’t want to do. I cannot begin to tell you how badly this hurts both me and my children, because they are his biological children and he knows that. He is constantly yelling at them, cursing at them, and threatening them, and if I intervene, he starts yelling at me too! I’ve suggested marriage counseling, and he laughed and told me to go by myself. So I have been, for six months. My therapist thinks that I should divorce him, but I am not in a financial position to leave. I have no family that I can stay with, and we just moved to a new state, and I don’t know anyone around here that would be able to accommodate three extra people. Once I graduate from school I will be able to support all of us, but I don’t know if I should wait to graduate or drop out of college with a year left to find a full-time job. Help! A: That you should leave your husband is without question. If he is going so far as to threaten your children, you absolutely should divorce him and sue for sole custody. The less your sons remember of him, the better off they will be; however, I want you to be prepared and in the strongest emotional and financial situation possible when you go. Find your local chapter of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence—it can help you with a job search and finding an affordable place to live. Consult the National Domestic Violence Pro Bono Directory to find low-cost or free legal advice. If you live in a community property state, you are entitled to half of the assets acquired during your marriage. The Allstate Foundation offers a free “financial empowerment” service to people leaving abusive relationships; you may also find this helpful. If you have not started one already, open a bank account in your own name and put away whatever you can for your getting-the-hell-out-of-Dodge fund. If you have friends back in your home state you can trust, consider asking for financial support as you prepare to leave your marriage. Do not drop out of college until you have found work, but make leaving your marriage your highest priority. until you have found workはなぜ現在完了形なのでしょうか?until you find workではいけないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9717/12085)
回答No.4

>until you have found workはなぜ現在完了形なのでしょうか?until you find workではいけないのでしょうか? ⇒単純形でも意味が通じる場合でも、単に「行為の完了を強調するために」完了系時制を使うことがあります。 つまり、until you find workでも意味は通じますが、「仕事が見つかる(見つかってしまう)までは」と、完了を強調するためにわざわざ現在完了形を使っているのだと思います。 ☆経済的優位を盾にとって相棒に罵声を浴びせたり暴力を振るったりする連れ合いがいます。DVの典型です。この場合の「私」(妻、相手との息子2人あり。大学最終学年在籍)も、その被害に耐えかねての相談のようです。アドバイザーは各種の公的援助機関を紹介した上で、親権を引き取って離婚することを勧めています。 一方、本人は「大学をやめて働くべきか、フルタイムの仕事を探すために一年残って大学を卒業するか」迷っているようです。その点についてアドバイザーは、Do not drop out of college until you have found work, but make leaving your marriage your highest priority.「(少なくとも)仕事が見つかるまでは大学をやめないように。それより離婚することが優先事項です」と忠告しています。 ということは、繰り返しますが、「仕事が見つかって、経済的な見通しを立てることが完全に完了してしまうまでは大学をやめないように」と、《仕事を手に入れることの完了》を強調するために現在完了形が使われている、ということになります。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.3

find work は仕事を見つける、仕事に就くと言う意味の他に、仕事を探すと言う意味もあります。一方でhave found workだと、仕事を探す、見つけるのを完了するわけですから、確実に仕事に就くことになります。 until you find workでもこの場合誤解は無いですが、はっきりさせるにはhave found workの方が良いと思います。 完了形は現在に至る過去を含んだことで主に使われるので違和感があるかも知れませんが、未来の出来事でその時に完了していることに対しても使われます。場合によっては will have 過去分詞 みたいな使い方もあります。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

違いは、 "until you find work" で「(あなたが)仕事を見つけるまで」 "until you have found work" で「(あなたの)仕事が見つかるまで」 だと思います。 ”find work” は「仕事を見つける」という動作 "have found work" は「仕事が見つかった」、つまり「仕事を見つける」という目的を達成するまでの(過去における)過程をも含めた表現になるのだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• double down

Q. Husband telling people I have borderline personality disorder: I recently found out from a friend that my husband has been telling our friends that I have borderline personality disorder. I was completely flabbergasted and shocked, because I have never been diagnosed with this in my life. I confronted my husband, and he refused to talk to me about it, saying he didn’t feel “safe” talking to me. I immediately made an appointment with my therapist and explained the situation to her. She reassured me that I do not, in fact, have BPD. I again talked to my husband, told him to stop lying, and that I wouldn’t stand for it. He agreed but did not apologize. A few weeks later, I checked his texts (I know—cardinal sin of marriage), and saw that he had drunk-texted his colleague at 11:30 at night that I had BPD. (He was so drunk that night that he threw up after he DROVE himself home.) I’m at a loss. We’ve been having marriage problems due to lack of trust. He lies to my face frequently, e.g. will tell me he was at work all day, and later I will find out that he had spent the whole day at the shopping mall. Or he will come home late reeking of alcohol but insist he never had a drop to drink and was at the office the whole time, and later I find the receipts showing he had gone out drinking before coming home. I think this is the last straw, but I don’t know what to do. He has been trying to be a better husband in a lot of ways (has stepped up his contribution to housework, is learning to cook, makes lots of thoughtful gestures, etc.), but he continues to lie and refuses to apologize. He just says I’m in denial about BPD and asks why it bothers me so much that he tells other people. He says he’s just worried about me and “looking for advice from friends.” A: I think this is the last straw too, and I think I know what you should do: I think you should leave him. This is abusive gaslighting of the highest order (“a form of mental abuse which a victim is manipulated into doubting their own memory, perception and sanity”). You have plenty of reasons to end your marriage already, between his chronic lying and drinking, but when you add to that list the fact that he has repeatedly lied about your mental health to your friends and refused to apologize (!!!) when confronted with this fact, what you have is less of a marriage and more of a hostage situation. I don’t believe your husband is worried about you in the least. I think he’s interested in making you doubt yourself, in feeling isolated, in keeping you in the dark, and in controlling you. I don’t care how many dishes he washes. This is a person who will ruin your life, and I hope you can find somewhere else to sleep tonight. Don’t let his half-hearted attempts to pick up more dirty socks convince you that you’re suffering from a mental disorder you don’t have, then doubling down by suggesting you’re “in denial” when you call him out on his vicious lies. ここでのdouble downはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 現在完了形について

やればやるほど。。。混乱してきてます。 少し、質問のパターンが変わったりすると、「どう答えれば・・」とか「どう作文するのか」と考えてしまいます。 是非、この混乱から脱出したいと思います。 カッコの中の言葉を使って作文し、それに答えをつけます。 (why/have/not/jump/out of a plane) Why have not you jumped out of a plane? 私はこう作文しました。(合ってるのかな?) しかし、これに対してどう答えて良いか分かりません。 (where/have/live/in your life) Where have you lived in your life? I have lived a lot of places in my life. で良いのでしょうか? きっと簡単なことなんだと思うのですが、なんだかすっきりしません。 どうかアドバイスをお願いいたします。 まだ混乱するってことは、基本が分かってないのかな・・・

• 現在完了のところです。おねがいします。

中学の英訳の問題です。 「住む家はもう見つかりましたか。」 を自分は Have you already find a house to live in ? としたのですが。 模範解答は Have you find a house to live in yet ? となっていました。 自分の解答ではダメでしょうか。それと、already を使うにしても、どこに入れてよいのかも分かっていません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします

下記の内容を翻訳していただけないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。 There is the possibility that your soulmate will be a man above your social cast or class. Or wealth that comes after marriage, popularity and an uplift in circumstance. You will marry a man of distinction and maturity who is worthy, ambitious and dignified, someone people look up to and admire. The wedding will be in a month close to the month of your birth. You have the need to shine in any relationship and you will invest a lot of work and effort in it and will make the marriage a focal point of your life. You’ll see yourself primarily as a wife, and will place tremendous importance on marriage. Until you find your true soul mate your life may feel incomplete, even if you have many relationships, or a steady boyfriend to fill up your time, something will be lacking and you’ll be keenly aware of it. You are subconsciously searching for someone who is like yourself. You’ll disregard other peoples views, advice or criticism about the marriage partner, and will seek also a strong capable partner.

• 過去形・現在完了形・過去完了形

こんばんは。 過去形と現在完了形は、だいたい同じくらい前のことで使い方がちょっと違うみたいに思っていました。 それで、過去完了形は、現在完了よりももっと前のこととか、なにか過去のことよりももっと前にあったことを過去と見分けるために使われると思っていたのですが・・・・ 文法の問題集で、よくわからないのがいくつも出てきてしまいました。 (番号は問題集の番号です。ごめんなさい。) 9-2同じ意味になるように空所に入れる問題です。 As the moon had risen,she opened the window. The moon (having)(risen),she opened the window. だと、haddingだと変だから having になるんですか? 9-6 He is ashamed that he has done such a mean thing. He is ashamed (of)(having)(done)such a mean thing. このときは、たとえば(of)(his)(doing)だと今やったことになってしまうとしても、 前にやったときは his とかはいらなくなるんですか? 25-2各文を直接話法の文にしなさい。という問題です。 She said that she had arrived at the city a week before. She said,"I arrived at the city a week ago." だったのですが、have arrivedではなくて arrived になるのは意味からなのか文法のきまりなのかどうなってるのかわかりません。 25-3 He asked me why I hadnt gone to the party. He said to me,"Why didnt you go to the party?" でやっぱりWhy havent you gone to the partyじゃ違ってますよね。 25-5 He said that if he had been younger,he could have climbed the peak. He said,"If I had been younger,I could have climbed the peak." でこのときは直接話法になっても、If I was youngerとかIf I were younger とかに変わっていないんです。 いっぱい書いてしまったのですが、一つ一つもわからないっていえばわからないのですが、全部一緒に考えたらますますわかりません。 もしよかったら教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳して いただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? またお金の話題かもしれませんが・・ どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Your marriage chart shows that your future partner will be giving and will sustain you emotionally, giving you what you need in a person. He will feed your dreams, your ambitions and soul. He will take your loneliness with fill it with security. The ruling planet of your house of marriage also suggest that money will have an important influence on the future of the marriage and courtship. This could be either in a negative or positive way, as money can make the path smoother, and the marriage quicker, but lack of it can cause the path of love to be delayed or harder or cause it to take much longer to be able to actually afford to get married or live together. So the material side of the relationship will have an influence in the beginning. But don’t worry money will come to you through your future marriage. You’ll will either marry a wealthy partner, who can provide or help provide for you, or else your partner even if poor in the beginning will become wealthy later on in the marriage and you’ll both benefit,

• 現在完了形について教えてください。

Have you ever lost your way in a strange town? が正解なのですが、Have you experienced to lose your way in a strange town? がまちがいの理由が解りません。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳希望

自動翻訳では、意味がわかりません どなたか翻訳お願いできますか? どうぞよろしくお願いします Looking at his chart, I think it will be difficult for him to end his marriage, He has Saturn in his seventh house. This makes for ties of duty, habit, practicality. He is not happy in his marriage. He feels his life is limited or restricted by his marriage. Feels very tied. There is some hidden problems in his marriage that he finds hard to cope with, periodically he wants to end this, but the practically prevent it. These problems and feeling of limitation wont go away very easily. I don’t think he will leave his wife or end his marriage. You also have Saturn in your seventh house in your own chart, so I don’t think you will end your marriage either. But looking far into the future, what I think will happen is that this man will drift out of your life, there will be time spent apart or not close, you may feel the relationship between you ends altogether. Yet strangely he returns. There may be a gap of years, then he returns when his marriage is over, and the love begins again, and you will at that time have a choice whether to end your marriage or not. This theme takes place not immediately but over many years. Nothing is certain, but that is how I think it will go because of the pattern in your individual charts, But remember our own actions and choices can influence the future fate too.

• 未来完了について

When flirting, I adhere to those rules—you know, the ones that instruct you to smile, maintain eye contact, and be your fabulous, witty self! It seems to me, however, that these "rules" just aren't cutting it. I'll have developed a great rapport with a guy, but all that smiling proves to be a waste of effort when he fails to ask for my number. I'll have developed a great rapport with a guyのところを和訳するとどうなるでしょうか?仮定の話をしているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳して下さい!お願いします!

I'm so tired of seeing you in so much pain, son, with that dead limb hanging from your body.Just get it off and be with it. と God gives you the grace to put your hand in his - even if you have only one hand to give - and there may you find peace. です。 お願いします~~~!