Nostalgia: A Bittersweet Journey

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the hidden emotions behind nostalgia and the sense of loss that accompanies it. Explore the yearning for a past self, the dreamer-me, and the child-in-me.
  • Unravel the complexities of nostalgia as it intertwines with the present. Reflect on the longing for the past and the impact it has on our perception of the world.
  • Rediscover the bittersweet taste of nostalgia, reminiscing on the younger self and the dreams that have faded away. Dive deep into the cocoon of memories and embrace the child within.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします。

次の文章の和訳をお願いします。とくに,cocoonとchild-in-meの解釈がわかりません。また、That it should~ ...is.の部分はThat it should ~ ... is (a problem).とa problemが省略されていると考えたのですが合っているでしょうか。 [http://balconybanter.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-bitter-sweet-candy-of-nostalgia.html] Being nostalgic is not a problem. That it should be accompanied with a sense of loss....is. As the years roll by, we turn more cynical about the present. But, what do I really miss? Is it the past? Is it the people? Is it the place? The truth is, I miss myself....myself connected to that cocoon. I miss the younger-me, the dreamer-me, the hopeful-me. I miss that believer-me, that child-in-me.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9718/12086)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。(面白い内容でした。) >cocoonとchild-in-meの解釈がわかりません。 ⇒確かに、分かりにくい語句ですね。 cocoon:文字通りに訳すと「繭(まゆ)」ですが、幼いころに過ごした快適なところというニュアンスですので、例えば「(母体内の)子宮」と言い換えても似たような意味になります。 child-in-me:文字通りに訳すと「私の内部にいる子ども」ですが、この場合は「子どもが(心の)内部にいる私」と言った方がピンとくるかも知れません。 >That it should~ ...is.の部分はThat it should ~ ... is (a problem).とa problemが省略されていると考えたのですが合っているでしょうか。 ⇒はい、それで合っていると思います。 (全訳) ノスタルジックなものが問題なのではありません。喪失の感覚を伴うもの…それが問題なのです。年を重ねるにつれて私たちは現在(目の前のこと)についてますます皮肉ぽく(冷たい見方をするように)なります。しかし、私には一体、何が本当に欠けて(寂しい)のだろうか? それは過去だろうか?人々だろうか?場所だろうか? 実を言えば、私は自分自身が…自分の繭(まゆ)につながっている自分自身が、恋しいのです。若い私、夢想する私、希望に胸を膨らませる私が恋しいです。私は自分自身を信じる私、子どもが(心の)内部にいる私が恋しいのです。

gutti009
質問者

お礼

明解な回答をありがとうございます。納得です。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#232424
noname#232424
回答No.1

懐古的になることは問題ではない。懐古的になることが喪失感をともなうことは・・・たしかにある。年月が過ぎ去るにつれ,われわれは現状にたいしてより批判的になる。しかし,われわれは何を実際に喪失したというのか? 甘美な時,親しい人々,あるいは安住の場所か? 真実は,私は私自身を喪失したのだ。それらの過去の殻に閉じこもっていた自分自身を,だ。私が喪失したのは,若さあふれる私,夢見る私,希望にみちた私。私が喪失したのは,それらを信じていた私,その内なる幼児性なのだ。 ウェブページの最初から読んでも,ひどくわかりにくい心情表現の羅列ですね。上の試訳も,なんだか相当に外している気がする(笑)。

gutti009
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I think to myself that maybe this is his favorite machine in the gym, so that is why he has come right to it.

• 受動態

They said to me that I should see a doctor. という能動態の文を受動態にすると It is said that I should see a doctor. でいいのでしょうか?

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My girlfriend recently bought a vibrator for us to use together (we’re both women). However, it’s been a couple months and we haven’t used it together once. We have had sex several times, but once we were in bed and I suggested we use it and she said it had dead batteries. Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time? Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time?の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英文の和訳についてです。。。

My name is Tom and I am cat. I have a major problem. It is my owner,Eva. She does not understand how people should take care of their pets. She has very strange ideas about the retionship bet ween people and pets. Eva treats me like a human child. she worries about me and tells me what to do all the time. she does not want me to go every night while she watches television. Boring. The programs she watches are totally tastless. There is more. Eva brushes and combs me twice a day.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been publishing my writing for some time now, and lately my words have caught the attention of a writing/editing mentor (15 years my senior) who is very interested in my “story” and wants to help me write a book. Small problem: I had a yearlong affair with her husband, and I’m afraid she’s going to figure me out. Is it possible to entertain her interest without outing myself? 最後のセンテンスの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 次の英語、日本語にしてもらえませんでしょうか?

I have bought the camera. Would love to ask you kindly to pack at at utmost secure way. Do not know myself if a prism should be detached from the body or not. Please advise me on that and send it as if a child this is. You understand.

• これの和訳をお願いします。

It should be noticed that b~ means the distance of the gyrocenter of a particle from the circular orbit of the planet and, hence, is regarded as an impact parameter on the analogy of the scattering problem in a free space. よろしくお願いします。

• Is it possible.../That is how...の意味を教えてください

Is it possible that you're wrong? Is it possible that he cares about you? Is it possible that you misunderstood? That is how I do it. That is how to bake a cake. That is how I like it. 複数を翻訳機にかけてみましたがなかなか奇妙な文章に仕上がってしまってお手上げですorz 二つのニュアンスをごく簡単にでも結構なので、どなたかよろしくお願いしますorz

• 同じ意味になるようお願いします。和訳もお願いします

It is certain that she forgot her promise. She ()()() her promise. It is natural that Hiroshi should get angry. Hiroshi ()() get angry. I regret that I didn't bring my umbrella. I ()()() my umbrella.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします!

appointment with loveというお話の一場面なのですが、イマイチ良く分からないので和訳お願いします! The woman ’s face had a pleasant smile. ”Well, I don't know what this is all about, young man, ”she answered. ”That young lady in the green suit──yes,the one who just went by ──asked me to wear this red rose on my coat. And she said that if yndu asked me to go out with you, I should tell you that she’s waiting for you in that big restaurant across the street. She said it was some kind of a test. I’ve got a boy in the army myself, so, of course, I didn't mind helping you.” 以上です。 とても長くて申し訳無いのですが、宜しくお願い致します!