ホームレスになった人の経験とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ホームレスになった経験は2回あり、両方とも恐ろしかったです。どこで一晩を過ごすか分からないという不安感に襲われました。私は見捨てられて一人ぼっちでした。時には頼れる人が誰もいませんでした。友達に床で寝てもいいか頼んだこともあります。最初は助けてくれましたが、その後は助けが尽きてしまいました。
  • ホームレスになった経験とはどのようなものでしょうか?両方の経験とも不安で恐ろしいものでした。どこで過ごすべきかわからず、ほとんどの時間を一人で過ごすことになりました。友人に頼んで寝る場所を提供してもらったりもしましたが、その助けも限られていました。
  • ホームレスの経験は2回あり、そのどちらも非常に恐ろしいものでした。一晩をどこで過ごすかわからないという不安感に襲われ、見捨てられた気持ちになりました。時には頼れる人がいない状況にありました。友人には最初は助けてもらえましたが、その後は手助けがなくなってしまいました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

(ホームレスになった人の話)The whole experience was terrifying both times, not knowing where I was going to spend the night. I felt abandoned and alone. At times I had no one to turn to. I would ask friends if I could sleep on their floor. They came through for me at first but then the help ran out. came through for meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.2

>came through for meはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「(友人らは、最初のうちは)私の期待に応えてくれた(が、それから援助が途切れた)」。 辞書などによるとcome throughには、(1)知らせ・声などが届く、(2)期待・要求などに応える、(3)能力・感情などが現れる、(4)生き抜く・切り抜ける・成功する、(5)病気から持ち直す、(6)太陽・月などが見え始める、などの意味があるそうです。 ということで、お尋ねの表現は、一目瞭然、用法(2)に相当します。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

直訳だと「私を通り過ぎた」みたいな事ですが、意訳ならば「来なくなった」ではないかと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳 英語→日本語 お願いします

こちらの英文を日本語に翻訳して下さい。 自分でも翻訳サイトで訳してみたのですが、今一つしっくりくるものがありませんでした…。 I was in the nearness of you at that time. I felt as if I could even reach your body. However, although I felt you near me, I came to know you were still far from me. この英文を書いた方は日本人で、堪能ではありませんが多少英会話ができる方です。 よろしくお願いします。

• 以下のforとtoの使い方は正しいでしょうか?

I took the TOEIC at the local university today, it was the first time to take the certificate examination. 地元の国立大学でTOEIC試験があった。 自分にとって最初のTOEIC試験だった。 Most candidates were university students, and surrounded by them, I felt that I became younger. 殆どは大学生で、少し若くなったような気がした。 Speaking of the test, it was difficult for me, especially listening parts. テストは難しかった。 特にリスニングは。 Although I was too tired after finished the test, I thought it was neccesary for me because it seemed to stimulate my boreing English study. テスト終了後、疲れたけれど、カンフル剤としてたまにはこういう試験も必要かなと感じた。 It was good experience to me. いい経験だった。 というような文章を書いてみたのですが、いかがでしょうか? It was 形容詞という書き方が多いような気がしますが。 あと、it was neccesary for me というようにforを使ったのは、it for to構文からforを選択しましたが、 It was good experience to me.のtoは正しいでしょうか? forか迷ったのですが。 アドバイス頂けないでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• この大問2つ教えてください!!

この大問2つ教えてください!! 1.次の文の( )に入る適切なものを選びなさい。 (1) She asked me where ( ) the evening. ア.did I spend イ.do you spend ウ.I had spent エ.was I spending (2)An exceptionally attractive lady came up to me and ( ) if I wanted to dine with her tonight. ア.asked イ.invited ウ.said エ.suggested 2.次の文の( )のうち誤っているものを1つ選び訂正しなさい。 (1)I (asked him) (what) he (had bought) two days (ago). (2)After the class, (my English teacher) came and (said me) that I (needed to) work much harder to pass (the next) exam.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) I took the fist turn to the right at the Medical Records Dept. and made my way along the corridor, but it came to a dead end, so I turned around and headed toward the entrance. But I was so frightened and it was so smoky that I got lost. I remember turning to the right somewhere and getting to the door of some room,but I have no idea where I was. I sat down in front of the door and desperately called out for help again and again. Finally a man heard me. He came over to help me, took me by the hand and led me to the entrance.

• 英語の訳をお願いします

How was your photo? Anyway, I came to bring to school today Saturday also have to go to school is horrible So hard to get up in the morning I got up at 6:00. When you get up? Yusuke You saw me for the first time How did I?

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします One day my father came home from work and called me downstairs from my room. He bent down to my size and hugged me,and asked me if I would try on my new coat and hat and model them for him. Upstairs I ran,two steps at a time,( 1 )to put on a fashion show for my father. I threw on the coat,but I couldn't find the hat. I nervously looked under my bed and it the closet,but it was nowhere. Maybe he wouldn't notice that I wasn't wearing it.

• 英語の和訳をお願いします

When do you turn your cell phone off? Now I am more careful about it, but my phone was always on until I (have) an embarrassing experience last summer. I went on a vacation with my friends.  It was just my (two) time on a plane, and I was so(exciting). We got to our seats and waited for takeoff.  The flight attendants came through the aisles, making sure no one was using their phones or other electronics.  The pilot said we were ready to take off.  The plane was quiet and everyone was settling in when all of a sudden someone's phone rang. It was so (loudly).  I felt upset because I knew cell phone users were supposed to turn their phones off at that moment.  Then I heard the second ring.  It was then that I realized the ringing was coming from my bag. It was my phone! I went into a panic, and it took me a minute to find and stop the ringing. Everyone looked at me, and I felt small. I slept for the rest of the flight. Since then, I have been more (care) with my cell phone. カッコ内は文法的に正しい形じゃありません。お願いします。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 On October Second ‘10 I had a holiday and went to car dealer. First, I went to Toyota to see Estima. As soon as I went there, I did test-drive one. It was comfortable, but it wasn’t more comfortable Alfard and Velfire. When all of salesman find I decided to buy a car, they surve me with the greatest survice. After Toyota, I went to Honda. But there was not a car I wanted. When I was about to leave the shop, the salesman tried to prevent me from leaving there by this way and that. When I was feeling an awkward situation, my mobile phone rang at a good timing. It called from Toyota and told me to leave my bag. I left there at once and came back Toyota to receive it. As soon as I arrived at there, the salesman brought my bag to me. I felt I was lucky, as I left the shop. If I left it another place, it wouldn’t come back me.

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 部分、部分はわかるんですが文になるとうまく日本語に直せなくて… As I traveled from one country to another, I got accustomed to communicating primarily through gestures. I imagined that I could read minds and send telepathic messages. I focused on facial expressions and eye contact. There were many times when I wanted to know what people were actually saying; however, I also often sensed that I was at a distinct advantage, not knowing. Ambiguity felt liberating. I didn't have to conform as much to expectations or behavior that I might consider restrictive. I could move in and out of culturally imposed roles more freely.

• よろしくお願いします

Years ago I was pressured by one of my superiors into having an affair with him in exchange for a promotion and substantial raise. I was very young at the time, and didn’t know how to stand up for myself. I’ve always felt terrible for what I allowed to happen to me, and that I just let the man get away with it. I had been considering reporting him to his superiors (I’ve heard through the grapevine that he’s put several new hires and interns in the same position to date) but he left the company to run for a prominent office in our city. stand up for myselfとrun for a prominent officeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします