How White Workers Led Donald Trump to Victory in the 2016 Election

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In the presidential election of 2016, white workers played a crucial role in leading Donald Trump to victory. One of the main reasons for this was Trump's strong criticism of illegal immigrants, whom he accused of taking away jobs from American workers.
  • The most appealing aspect of Trump's campaign for white workers was his promise to regain employment opportunities in the United States. This resonated with their concerns about job security and the impact of globalization on American workers.
  • By addressing the economic anxieties of white workers and focusing on immigration as a key issue, Trump was able to win their support and ultimately secure his victory in the 2016 election.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の添削をお願いします。

In the presidential election of 2016, one of the causes why white workers led Donald Trump to victory. Trump criticized severely that illegal immigrants as depriving US workers' jobs. And the most appealing to them was to regain employment in the United States. 「2016年の大統領選挙では、白人労働者層がトランプ氏を勝利に導いた原因の一つであろう。トランプ氏は、不法移民が米国の労働者の職を奪っているとして激しく非難した。そして彼らにもっとも訴えたのは、アメリカに雇用を取り戻すということだった。」 こちらの英文を添削してほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 原文(英和の順)・説明・添削文(訳文)を併記します。 >In the presidential election of 2016, one of the causes why white workers led Donald Trump to victory. Trump criticized severely that illegal immigrants as depriving US workers' jobs. And the most appealing to them was to regain employment in the United States. >「2 016年の大統領選挙では、白人労働者層がトランプ氏を勝利に導いた原因の一つであろう。トランプ氏は、不法移民が米国の労働者の職を奪っているとして激しく非難した。そして彼らにもっとも訴えたのは、アメリカに雇用を取り戻すということだった。」 *「白人労働者層は、トランプ氏が勝利する原因の一つになったであろう」:the white workers would have become one of the reasons why Mr. Trump won the victory。 *「~として不法移民を激しく非難した」:critically condemned illegal immigrants as ~。 *「最も強く人々に訴えたのは~ということだった」:the most strongly appealing to people was ~。「彼らにもっとも訴えた」は、ちょっと分かりにくいところがありますので、このように変えることをお勧めします。 ⇒In the presidential election of 2016, the white workers would have become one of the reasons why Mr. Trump won the victory. Mr. Trump critically condemned illegal immigrants as depriving US workers' jobs. And the most strongly appealing to people was to regain employment in the United States. =「2016年の大統領選挙では、白人労働者層は、トランプ氏が勝利する原因の一つになったであろう。トランプ氏は、不法移民が米国人労働者の職を奪っているとして激しく非難した。そして最も強く人々に訴えたのは、アメリカに雇用を取り戻すということだった。」

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 Mr. をつけた方がいいのですね。どちらがいいかな、と迷ったのですが… Comdemn A as BでAを批判する、と言う述語ですね! 特にsupporterなど入れる必要ないのですね。 the white workersのみでいい、と言うことですね! 添削ありがとうございます。大変参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 添削をお願いします

It seems like such an appeal was one of the cause of won. Moreover, according to the result of the presidential election of 2016, it can be said that Donald Trump won the election because they supported to change policy by Trump than Hillary Clinton's policy to succeed the Obama administration. 日本語= 「このような訴えが勝利した要因の一つのように思える。また、2016年の大統領選挙の結果より、オバマ政権を継承するクリントン氏の政策よりも変化が望まれ、トランプ氏が今回の選挙を制したとも言えるだろう。」 Moreover以降がかなりごちゃごちゃかと思います。 この日本語をもとに英文を作りましたが、英語で言いやすいように少し変えています。 他に適切な表現・間違っている文法などあれば教えて欲しいです。

• この英文の意味を誰か教えて下さい。

アメリカ大統領選のトランプ氏に関する英文記事を読んでいたんですが、この英文の意味がどうしてもよく分かりません。 Violence is not a forgone conclusion, he said, but in a country with more guns than people all it takes is an armed, angry lone wolf Trump supporter for tragedy to occur. 参考になるように、前後の文を下に載せておきます。↓↓ But if there is a drum roll of anticipation to see, with Trump’s poll numbers tumbling, if Clinton becomes America’s first female president, there is another triggered by his unsubstantiated claims of electoral shenanigans. “I think Trump is playing with fire and he has been playing with fire for many, many months,” said Matt Dallek, associate professor of political management at George Washington University. “And I think it is coming to a crescendo,” Dallek added. Violence is not a forgone conclusion, he said, but in a country with more guns than people all it takes is an armed, angry lone wolf Trump supporter for tragedy to occur. Trump’s blustery, law and order campaign has appealed heavily to frustrated middle class and less educated whites and criticized immigrants, Muslims and other minorities. どなたかどうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします。

High school graduate blue collar worker (physical worker) is in a particularly tough economic condition [situation]. Mr. Trump said that the cause of the economic hardship of blue collar is that a large amount of illegal immigrants flow in from other country such as Mexico, while employment is being deprived by developing countries such as China, and this was gained a big sympathy. It can be seen from this data. 日本語→ 『高卒ブルーカラー(肉体労働者)は特に厳しい経済状況に置かれている。トランプ氏はそうした層に対して「ブルーカラーの経済的苦境の原因はメキシコから不法移民が大量に流入する一方、中国などの途上国によって雇用が奪われている」と訴えかけ、大きな共感を得ている。それがこのデータから見て取れる。』 *高卒ブルーカラーをそのままhigh school graduate blue collarとしました。 High school graduate blue collar worker (physical worker) is in a particularly tough economic condition [situation]. =Blue collar worker (physical worker) who is high school graduate is in a particularly tough ~ の方がいいでしょうか? こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

労働条件が改善されると、労働者の意欲も上がり、それは企業が提供するサービスや商品の向上にもつながると思う。 これらの理由から、私はアンケートを行う前から自分はリベラル派だと思っていた。 To improve condition of employment seems to rise workers motivation, and this is lead to improvement of services and goods that provided by companies. For those reasons, I have been thinking that I was a liberalism before I answered a survey. *結局アンケート?調査の結果(いくつかの質問に答える)、リベラル派に近いことがわかりました。 I was a liberalism としてしまうと、「前は」ということになってしまいますか? I am~でいいのでしょうか? こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• この英文の翻訳をお願いします。長い英文ですがどうか翻訳をお願いします。

この英文の翻訳をお願いします。長い英文ですがどうか翻訳をお願いします。    The retention of policies which prohibit the employment of hijyukuren rodosha(non skilled) foreign labor, inadequate enforcement, and a legal framework which criminalizes undocumented foreign workers have all contributed to the perpetuation of a system which both discriminates against, and assists in the exploitation of, foreign labor.

• 和訳

Most of them are illegal immigrants from Mexico, a fact that helps explain not only California's recent strawberry boom, but also the quiet, constant transformation of the state's rural landscape and communities. Meanwhile, the eastest-growing and most profitable part of California's farm economyーthe cultivation of high-value specialty cropsーhas also become the one most dependent on the availability of cheap labor. Nearly every fruit and vegetable found in the diet of health-conscious, often politically-aware consumers is still picked by hand: every head of lettuce, every bunch of grapes, every avocado, peach, and plum. As the demand (1) these foods has risen, (2) has the (3) of workers (4) to harvest them. Of the migrants in California today, anywhere from 30 to 60 percent, depending on the crops, are illegal immigrants. Their willingness to work long hours for low wages has enabled California to sustain its agricultural production, despite the loss since 1964 of more than nine million acres of farmland. Fruit and vegetables growers now rely on a flourishing black market in laborーand without it even more farms would disappear. Illegal immigrants, often criticized as welfare cheats, are in effect supporting the most important sector of California's economy. (1)~(4)には、number,so,for,necessary が入るようです。 文中に出てくる“it”や“one” 等が何を指しているかを分かる範囲で構いませんので指摘して頂けると助かります(例えば2つ目のかたまりの文の1文目、“ーhas also become the one”の“one”等です)。 お願いします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

he wife of the Republican presidential front-runner said Tuesday he is “an adult and he knows the consequences” of his prolific and sometimes inflammatory Twitter use. She was asked by CNN’s Anderson Cooper if she ever tried to get Trump to put his phone away and rein in his social media activity. “Anderson, if he would only listen. I do say it many times,” she replied, after revealing that she doesn’t let their young son, Barron, on Twitter. Trump, who has 7.5 million Twitter followers and nearly as many on Facebook, boasted about his social media prowess, saying it gives him a huge advantage over his rivals while marveling at its great reach. “I really enjoy doing it but it’s an asset,” he said. “You see what’s going on and there is some genius there. You just have to find the right genius.” Trump, who said he would sharply curtail but not eliminate his Twitter use if elected president, acknowledged that his retweets of supporters comments have gotten him in trouble. He has come under fire several times for his Twitter usage, most recently when he retweeted an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz, the wife of Republican rival Ted Cruz. But Trump insisted that he composes his own tweets and doesn’t run any posts past an adviser or focus group. “During the day when I’m in the office, I just shout it out to one of the young ladies in the office,” who then does the typing, Trump said. But “during the evenings, after 7 p.m. or so, I will always do it by myself.” The Twitter revelations came near the end of an hour-long town hall in which Trump was joined by his Slovenian-born wife, a former model, and his four grown children. Trump ceded center stage for much of the evening, as his children answered a dozen question from the New York City audience and attempted to cast a warm, humanizing light on their sometimes abrasive father. Ivanka Trump, who gave birth two weeks ago, spoke eloquently about her father, who is aiming to decisively win the primary next week in his home state of New York, increasing the chances that he can clinch the Republican presidential nomination before the party’s convention this summer.

• 英作文の添削、お願いします…

TOPIC:Japan should open its doors to foreign workers. I don't agree with this opinion.Many countries,say the US and Germany, are relatively open to foreign workers.Such countries insist that Japan should loosen limitation of influx of foreign workers.Certainly,they contribute to lower labor cost.However,there are many problems,such as conflicts of cultures and employment of foreigners. For example in Germany,many people came from other countries,mainly from turkey,to compensate Germany's lack of labor after the world war 2.However,there found conflicts of cultures.Many crimes happend.Besides,in early 1990s,it became difficult for Germans to get job.Foreign workers were regarded as nuisanses. In fact,there is no country that does not have any problems with foreign workers. Therefore,I don't think Japan should open its doors freely to foreign workers. 突っ込みどころ満載ですが…(若者がやりたがらない福祉の仕事なら雇用の点で衝突せずにすみますし)限界です。英語力、英作文力のなさに驚きました(〒_〒)

• 添削お願いします

「また、トランプ大統領は環境プロジェクトの一環として内務省、農務省、環境保護庁にそれぞれ12%、21%、31%の削減を提案しました。 少ない予算でも出来ないことはないと思う。逆に予算が多ければ、プロジェクトが上手くいくのか、と問うとそういうわけでもないと思う。」 In addition, President Trump has proposed reductions of 12%, 21% and 31% respectively to the the Department of Interior, U.S.Department of Agriculture and Environmental Protection Agency as part of the environment project. I think there are things that can be do something with a small budget. On the contrary (In contrast), if the budget is high, the project necessarily would go well. (内務省、農務省、環境保護庁をそれぞれ英語に置き換えるとどうなるかを調べた結果 the Department of Interior、U.S.Department of Agriculture、Environmental Protection Agencyと出てきました。) 反対に(逆に)という表現方法は色々あると思いますが、どれが適切などあるでしょうか? こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください。

日本語⇨ ジョーンズは1960年ランドルフたちによって黒人労働者の平等を促進するために設立されたNALCの起源を追求した。 1963年3月にNLCAは「雇用」を目的とした行進を計画し始めた。 その後、National Association がNALCに「仕事と自由のためのワシントン大行進」に参加するように呼びかけた。 英語⇨ Jones pursued the origin of NALC established in 1960 by Randolph and other people to promote the equality of black workers. Then, In March 1963 NLCA started the plan to object the march for employment. Later, National Association called for NALC to "Washington Movement for jobs and freedom" participation. こちらの文章を添削しをお願いします。