感動の終わりに――Divergent trilogyを読んで感じたこと

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 最近1か月半で、私はEragonシリーズ、ハリーポッターシリーズ、そしてFablehavenシリーズをすべて読みました。しかし先週、私はDivergent三部作を読み終わり、自然に、最終巻の終わりに何らかの感情を抱いてしまいました。
  • Divergent trilogyを読み終えたことにより、私は感動の終わりを迎えました。これまでの数週間で読んだ本の中で、このシリーズは私にとって非常に特別で、感情的な終わりを迎えたことは確かです。
  • over the end of the final bookというフレーズは、Divergent trilogyの最終巻の終わりに対する感情や思いを表現するために使用されます。このフレーズは、物語が終わったことへの感傷や感慨を示すために使われることがあります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

このoverはどのような意味でしょうか

I've read the entire Eragon cycle, Harry Potter series, and Fablehaven series, all within the last month and a half. However, last week, I finished the Divergent trilogy, and, naturally, I've felt some emotions over the end of the final book, over the end of the final bookのoverはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

over the end of the final bookのoverはどのような意味でしょうか?  ここの over は、 end という名詞の前に置いてあるので、下記の前置詞の1「~の上の方に」という意味だと思います。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=over at は点に密着、 on は面に密着を示していますが、 over は密着しないで離れた上の方、という意味で距離はあるがそれだけに視野が広いことを示します。  したがって、最後の本の最後の文字とか単語、ではなく、最後の「部分」とか「章」などに「ついて」ある感情を覚えた、ということでしょう。  

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9720/12091)
回答No.1

>I've felt some emotions over the end of the final book, >このoverはどのような意味でしょうか ⇒https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/overの4b「…しながら」が近いニュアンスだと思います。 =「本の終りの部分を読みながら(感動した)」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have a college friend who is getting married this fall. (I found out about the engagement from a mutual friend and a subsequent email blast from the engaged friend.) I haven’t really spoken to Engaged Friend in the last year due to a history of minor slights and her overall sense of entitlement. (Honestly, I’ve always known she had the potential to be an awful person, but I disregarded it because I wasn’t on the receiving end.) At the wedding, I’d be one of the few attendees who knows that the groom was engaged to another woman two years ago and used Engaged Friend as a rebound. Knowing their history and Engaged Friend’s general bad behavior doesn’t put me in a celebratory mood. I don’t mind just sitting this one out, but I am concerned I will lose our mutual friend if I don’t attend. (She asked me to coordinate flights and hotel arrangements for the wedding weekend.) I don’t know how to explain I’m not attending without speaking ill of Engaged Friend, and I’m really just over the situation. over the situationはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I’ve been close with a group of friends for a little over three years now. In this group is a married couple I’ll call Fred and Wilma. Shortly before I married, Fred approached me and explained that he and Wilma have an open marriage and he was attracted to me. Flattered, I declined, stating that I was neither interested in that way nor emotionally equipped for that kind of relationship. Fred has been very respectful of that, and I’ve never once felt weird since then, and I’ve never mentioned it to the group as I felt it wasn’t pertinent (I did tell my husband). Lately at parties and events anytime I talk to Fred, another woman, Betty, comes over and drapes herself all over Fred. It’s gotten to the point where another member of the group mentioned it to me and wondered what the best method is of informing Fred that it’s going too far. We don’t care what he does behind closed doors, as long as all parties involved are consenting, but we also don’t care to witness the hormonal ramp up or have our conversations cut short by a jealous lover. How do we handle this, if at all? drapes herself all over FredとHow do we handle this, if at all?の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• skimming over the ice

I caught a glimpse of Mark and Marge skimming over the ice. 訳を教えてくださいよろしくお願いいたします。

• overの役割

Dear Carolyn: This year, both of my parents passed away after long, difficult illnesses. I know I should miss them more than I do, but I feel like I've been mourning for several years already. Does that make sense, or am I rationalizing somewhere? Thanks. -- Anonymous I'm sorry for the difficult years and losses. What you say makes complete sense. It's something that has come up for years in this column in the context of breakups: Some people start processing a breakup when it happens, and some start as soon as the relationship starts to fail. That's why some people can emerge from a divorce healthy and ready to date while others need years to regroup. There is little practical difference when the grief is over a death. over a deathの意味とoverの役割について教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• roll over

娘が自分を人参嫌いにさせたお父さんをを批判。 "And that is your excuse? A responsible parent would've shoved it(carrot) right into my toothless little mouth. But, no! You had to roll over and give me cream spinach! (the two stare at each other) What kind of father are you?!" -You had to roll over and give me cream spinachの意味を教えてください。

• 意味を教えてください

I’m a 39-year-old woman, and my husband is 43. Our sex life has always been very good, and we each have done our own fair share of initiating. However, in the past few years, the frequency of sex has really dwindled. Currently, as long as I do all of the initiating, our sex life remains great. If I don’t, no sex for months. I’ve found myself becoming somewhat resentful, as it makes me feel like he no longer desires me or cares to make an effort. I’ve talked with him a number of times about this, and I only get the same responses over and over. He says he’s just getting older, his sex drive is down, etc., and he says that it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I don’t believe his explanation, as he has no problem getting an erection, is ready to go at the barest of hint from me, and also still masturbates. When I ask him why he masturbates instead of having sex with me, he says he just needs the release in the moment. ready to go at the barest of hint from meとneeds the release in the momentの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’ve never had a head for social norms, and I don’t know where the OK area of Googling someone ends and the bad area of stalking them begins. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/01/dear_prudence_my_boss_is_so_awful_should_i_tell_people_not_to_apply.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent I’ve never had a head for social normsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。そこはカスタマイズしてくれるお店で商品の写真や商品の事を聞いていました。それに対して返事が来たのですみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I will create a catalogue of the products based what you have for their preview. I've attached photos of the pop store that I ran. The sale for customisation work is way higher than sale of finished products.

• over the weekends

I have a question of etiquette. Our adult sons (who are older than 40), their wives and our grandchildren often visit over the weekends for family sit-down dinners. over the weekendsはon the weekendsとどのような違いがあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I've been working within my industry for over 25 years. I've been working at my current firm for a year. Recently, we advertised a job opening. As regional manager, I screened the applications and passed my selections on to human resources to finalize. The candidate I preferred was a woman with 24 years of experience, "Barb." Barb was making $115,000 per year but said she was willing to take a cut. We decided to offer her the job. When I got a copy of the offer letter from HR, I was astonished that the head of HR, "Sarah," had offered Barb $120,000. My other seven sales reps' salaries were averaging between $100,000 and $105,000. Only one of them was making $110,000, and he has 19 years of experience. I had a talk with Sarah as to the reason for this unfairness. Her reply was that she had crunched the industry salaries on the market and decided to offer this amount. crunched the industry salaries on the markeとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします