What does 'god forbid' mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn the meaning of 'god forbid'
  • 'god forbid' explained
  • Understanding the phrase 'god forbid'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

god forbid

So, if you haven't told your therapist about this, please do so right away. And if, god forbid, your current therapist happens to subscribe to your mom's theory that you're being hunted by evil forces from the underworld, please call the NAMI helpline, explain your symptoms, and ask for help connecting with a psychiatrist who can screen you for mental illness. ここでのgod forbidはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

ここでのgod forbidはどのような意味でしょうか? 挿入句で「そういうことがないことを祈るが、万が一そういうとんでもない事態なら/でも」と言った意味です。heaven forbid とも言います。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=god+forbid

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9727/12100)
回答No.1

>ここでのgod forbidはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「とんでもない、そんなことがあってたまるか、そんなことのないように」 といったニュアンス(の挿入句)です。 仮定法現在(祈願文)ですので、forbidは原形です。 直訳は、「神よ、禁じたまえ」といったところです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 日本語にしてください!

Wow, we just got your letter How Exiting that you are getting married. Congratulations to both you and your fiancé. We would love to come but have to see if we can get holidays. And we pay for flights and accomodation ourselves. We are so happy for you. Xxx love Richard and Leona What is the nearest airport, and where are you getting married.. We are so happy for you xxx よろしくお願いします。

• 次の英語を直訳すると私に譲ってくださいと?

Hello, Im interested to make an offer for your Item. Whats the present condition and how much do you want to sell it last?I cant wait till the end of the bids and Im buying it urgently for my Sons Missionary Project.Also let me know if you have more than 1(ONE) of this Item.I Offer you USD $800.00 for the Item.I will be sending you Money through BANK TRANSFER DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT Thanks and God Bless as I await your swift response.Please reply ○○○○○○@yahoo.co.jp or Add me to your

• どなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか

ホテルのピックアップサービスに付いてのメール内容です。 ↓宜しくお願いいたします。 your single room booking and pick up service from ika airport to firouzeh hotel is confirmed. Do you have long stop over in abu dhabi city ?and can check your e-mail there ? if is ok for pick up from airport ? so please pay attention to some advices for your pick up : please wait infront of information office if you come out earlier , or driver delay , and keep my mobile phone no: 0098 - 912 - 436 1974 . if you call from iran , just dial : 0912- 436 1974 . please dont leave airport before calling me with some body else . the driver will keep a sign of your name in airport , and so you find him easily . what color of dressing you dress , do you have mobile phone no ? can you send me a sms if your flight has delay please . please don't take any driver who says i am from firouzeh hotel just see your name with him . so if i tell to driver to ask you money for transfer , please pay him . please let me know as soon as possible , please keep this phone no too: 0098 912 522 9592 , because most of time this is my driver cell phone and do my pick up service , so is better you call him at airport if you couldnot find him . the otherwise you call me , but in emergency case can call me any time . for exchange money just i give you some advices that , the rate for exchange in ika airport banks is much lower than exchange offices in city center , where is walking distance from hotel to there in ferdousi ave , for 1US$ in banks there offer you 12000 IRR , and in exchange offices :Around 19000 IRR .AND FOR Euro IN BANKS 16,000 IRR , AND IN EXCHANGE OFFICES 25000 IRR , and is ok if you won't pay my driver after arrival to hotel , can exchange later in noon and pay later or check out time to me . nice to hearing from you soon ,

• 英語を日本語に訳して頂けますか??

自分では所々理解できず困っています...。 よろしくお願いします。 i will go to japan this summer always want to .... i will try to go there in my birthday so you can say happy birthday to me in person ... i be so happy really happy for you to be the first one to say it ...... :) and i be so glad for you to show me around..... and remember this,your emails and you are special to me ..... so please dont ever think that you are bother me ... I love you emails and love you! i am glad that you are special for me and hoping to see you soon .... You are so beautiful and sweet.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。 送料半額を負担してくれるサービスをしてくれていたので送料返金の事でメールがきました。すみませんが英文の意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I just wanted to ask you if you have received the bill from yamoto so we can give you 50% credit to your open invoice for #0000. Please send us a copy of the bill to create your credit and then I will let you know the remaining amount for payment.

• 翻訳お願いします。

翻訳お願いします。 Thanks for your email. If you want to purcharse the item of SKU:A0878000BS and you need give us another $320 dollars and the 40 dollors cash coupon. Your cooperation and understanding would be highly appreciated. If you have any another questions, please feel free to contact us.

• 訳をお願いします。

Compliment is to say something nice. Complement is to add to, enhance, improve, complete or bring close to perfection. So, I can compliment your staff and their service, but if you have no current openings, you have a full complement of staff. And your new app may complement your website. For which I may decide to compliment you. 下記のセンテンスの訳がどうしてもわかりません。よろしくお願いします。 So, I can compliment your staff and their service, but if you have no current openings, you have a full complement of staff. And your new app may complement your website.

• 翻訳お願いします。

翻訳お願いします。 Thanks for your email. We checked for you, you need pay us $320 for the item A0878000BS. Please tell us the $40's coupon code and pay us $320 to our paypal account, billing@dinodirect.com. Please tell us the transaction ID after you paid. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Have a great day.

• こんなメールが来ました。教えてください。

先日海外からこんなメール来ました。経験ある人いますか? Abidjan,Cote d'ivoire Please my dear, After going through your profile i decided to write you.My name is Mr Jean Michael,19 year old,the only Son of late Chief and Mr Alfred Michael, Please i want to relocate to your country where i can settled down happily,and I wish to request for your assistance in a transaction that will benefit you and i. The money in question is $6.500.000USD(Six Million Five Hundred Thousand Usa Dollars). And I wish to invest the money in Manufacturing and real estate management in your country under your care and guidance.and I will require for your assistance in receiving the funds in your personal/ account for investment, I will be gladly to give you 10% of the total sum for your assistance. God bless you a

• 翻訳お願い致します。

翻訳お願い致します。 thank you for your email and for sending a new order through. Please accept our apology for the damaged product you have received, would you be able to send us an image of it for our record. Could you please clarify if you would prefer to collect the order from our warehouse or prefer to use DHL Air, in this case I will add the shipping cost to your invoice. Please let me know if you have any further question too.