Meeting Bio-Parent at Wedding: Appropriate or Not?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Meeting your bio-parent at your wedding: Is it appropriate or not?
  • Consider the loaded situation of meeting your bio-parent for the first time at your wedding.
  • Don't want to exclude your bio-parent, but is it the right time and place?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

loaded

I feel like meeting them for the first time at my wedding might be inappropriate, but I don't want them to feel left out. What is your take on this? -- Do I or Don't I Dear Do or Don't: I agree that meeting your bio-parent in person for the first time at your own wedding is loaded, https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/askamy/s-2029319?fs ここでのloadedはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここでのloadedはどう訳したら良いでしょうか? ここでの loaded は、原義の「積む」の受け身「積み込まれた」、「荷が多い」、「多目的すぎる」ということでしょう。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=loaded  自分の結婚式に、実父と生まれて初めての顔合わせ、を重ねるのは、一つの集まりに多くのことを「盛り込みすぎる」ということだと思います。  言い換えれば、結婚式も不十分だし、実親との初顔合わせも、中途半端になってしまう恐れがある、ということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 中学英語の問題について教えてください。

(1)first time と for the first time の違いは何なのでしょうか 両方「はじめて」という意味なのではと思っています。しかし、 This is your first time. とは言うけれど、  This is your for the first time. とは言わない気がします。 また、I visited Nara for the first time last month. I visited Nara first time last month. これも下はおかしいとは思うのですが、なぜかと言われれば説明できません。 詳しく解説をお願いします。 (2)疑問文に対する答え方について教えてください。 (a)Which season do you like the best? に対して   I like summer the best. (b)Who gets up the earliest in your family? Mother does. (c)What subject is the most difficult for you? Mother is. (d)Which do you like better,classical music or rock music? I like classical music. それぞれの疑問文の主語はどれになりますか? また、(b)(c)は2語で答えられるのに対し、(a)(d)はそうはできないのはなぜですか? その違いや、答え方の決まりがあれば教えてください。 基本的なことだとは思いますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文添削よろしくおねがいいたします。

英文添削をおねがいしたいと思います。 もし私があなたの国に行くとしたら、あなたはどこを観光する事を提案しますか? Where would you recommend for me to visit if I were to go to your country? Where do you recommend for me to visit if I go to your country? このようなパーティーに参加するのは初めてですか? Is this your first time to come this kind of party? Is it your first time to join this kind of party? 英語と日本語ではどちらが得意ですか? Which are you good at English or Japanese ? At which language are you better, English or Japanese? 英語と日本語ではどちらがあなたにとって話しやすいですか? Which is easier for you to speak English or Japanese ? Which one is easier for you to speak, English or Japanese? よろしくおねがいいたします。

• 和訳お願いいたします。

And from time to time I take a quick look at your picture .. It's the first time I bought chocolates from that shop ... I hope you like them. sigh ... I can't get enough of you ...

• 会話文なんですが和訳お願いします。

You know, I had the hour-long conversation why I wasn't gonna do this, one thing that they said, this is, you don't do them so you don't realize that they can actually be entertaining and yet informative and comfortable. and I said, well, all right, and I always feel comfortable with you, so that's. インタビューに答えてる状況なんですがthisやthemが一体何を指し示してるのかがわかりません、、、 宜しくお願いします。

• 海外文通をしているのですが,英文の添削をお願いします!!

海外文通をしているのですが,英文の添削をお願いします!! The New Years, I went to 〇〇(場所名) with my family.We looked at sunrise there. It was very beautiful! I was surprised, because The New Years of Japan reflected TV of Sri Lanka. (「スリランカで日本のお正月の様子がテレビに映っていたと聞いて,びっくりしました」はこれで良いんですか?) And how about your New Years? Now this time, I send you a MD that when I belong to a wind instrument music club at high school. Do you have a MD player? If you don't have, I'll send you a CD next time. I play the trumpet. Do you hear my sounds? My father and my mother are 〇〇 years old. My father is a 〇〇(職名) and my mother is a 〇〇. I have precious friends too. I feel happy when I play with them. Recently I feel fun when I look over many countrys. I'd like to know more Sri Lanka. (moreの位置あってますか?) What your country's mother tongue do you speak? Why do you start this letter? お願いします!

• 和訳をお願いします。

I’ve read your blog ever since it was on diaryland, and I did thrill the world for the first time this year, too. I feel that this is pretty precious.

• 子供との会話を英訳して下さい・2

先日も質問させていただきました。またよろしくお願いいたします。 (1)こういうところに来るのは(子供にとって)初めてだね。 This is your first time to come ・・(続かなかった~) (2)ここに来るのははじめてだね。 This is your first time to come (visit) here. (3)初めてみたね。 This is your first time to see,right? (4)こういうの見たことね(覚えてるかな?) Do you remember that you have seen like this before? <こういう所>と<ここ>、<こういう物>と<これ>の違いがなんか上手く訳せません。 わかりにくい文で申し訳ないのですが、お時間があれば1つでも構いませんので教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 否定文について

(1) I don't have time or money. 「私には時間もお金もない。」 (2) I haven't seen him and don't know him at all. 「私は彼に会った事もないし、彼を全く知りません。」 (1)は目的語を or でつないでいます。 (2)は二つの文を and でつないでいます。 否定文で使われるandは部分否定になるので、orを使って全否定を表すということを学びましたが、それは(1)のように目的語をつなぐ場合のことで、(2)のように文と文をつなぐ場合には当てはまらないということなのでしょうか? また、(2)の文は I haven't seen him nor do I know him at all. としても同じ意味になりますか? よろしくお願いします。

• stickの意味

My husband's family is full of people who drink too much and then act like fools, slurring their words, stumbling and vomiting. It happens at many gatherings, and it stresses me out. They often pressure me to drink more and/or get drunk. Because I don't do it, I feel ostracized at these gatherings where I'm told I need to loosen up or cheer up by drinking more. No one else in my life thinks I'm uptight. I'm normally very sociable. These days, I avoid those family gatherings as often as possible, but I'm afraid I'm courting more problems by not participating in family activities. My relationship with my husband is fantastic, and he understands and supports me, but I don't feel like his family does. I've tried to be frank with them, but the conversations don't seem to stick. the conversations don't seem to stick.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have beautiful candy dishes for everyday use and for all the holidays. I love to fill them with expensive candy for looks. I don't have them all over the house. They're just in the living room and dining room. I don't keep them out all the time, but when I do put them out and fill them, I want the candy to stay. However, my husband just can't get it. I have treats in the cupboards and freezer for him, so he isn't ignored. He can have all he wants when I decide to change candy or put away the dishes, but he is always in the candy dishes. Another problem is that I have to hide goodies from him, or he will eat it all in no time. I will put candy, cookies and snacks in the freezer for our grandsons or company. he is always in the candy dishes.の訳をよろしくお願いします。あと、ここでのcompanyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします