Carrying the Load: The Burden of Household Work in a Long-Term Marriage

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning behind 'carrying the load around the house' in the context of a long-term marriage.
  • Explore the challenges faced by spouses when one partner takes on the majority of the household responsibilities.
  • Learn about the impact of unequal household labor distribution on marital satisfaction and well-being.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

carry the load

I've been married for 47 years to a man who is 13 years older than I am. He reminds me often that he is 86 and set in his ways. For much of our marriage, I have carried the load around the house, but now it is worse. My husband barely does anything. carried the load around the houseとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4122/5356)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

carried the load around the houseとはどのような意味でしょうか? 家の周りの重荷を担う、すなわち家事、掃除、洗濯、など一切、(夫からの手伝いは全くなく)私一人で、切り回してきた、という意味でしょう。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=carry+load

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I've been married to "Ned" for 25 years, and each year it seems to get worse. When we married, he told me I could do whatever I wanted with the house, but he never said I'd be the one paying. The house was barely furnished, the bedding had holes in it, ここでpayingとは何を払うのでしょうか?あと、the beddingにtheが付いているのは「家の」と特定されているからでしょうか?in itはなくてもよさそうに思えるのですが、必要でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文が同じ意味になるようにしたいんですが…

あってますか(>_<)? 1、My wife is Mary. I got married to her twenty years ago. =Mary and I (have)(been)(married) for twenty years. 2、It is two years since my aunt died. =My aunt (has)(been)(died) for two years. 3、He is blind because he lost his sight as a child. =He (has't)(been)(?) since he was a child. この問題がよく分かりません(>_<) 分かるかたお願いいたします。 中学 高校 大学 英語

• hold it together

My husband and I have been married more than 20 years. Once in a while, he'll stop being affectionate and ceases talking to me. Obviously, he is upset. He holds it together for our children, but I get the serious cold shoulder. holds it togetherはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for seven years, and I care for him deeply. When we got married, I sold my house and he kept his as a rental, because he wanted the rental income. We bought a larger house than I wanted, but he wanted acreage and a detached garage. he wanted acreageとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• drained

I have known my ex-husband, "Bart," for 30 years. We were married for 18 years and divorced six years ago. He has lost all his money and has drained all of his friendships over money. drained all of his friendships over moneyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• without a peep

I have been happily married to my husband for two years. While he is loving, and a good provider, he is not overly romantic. I would love nothing more than for him to surprise me with some flowers one day because he was thinking of me, but he's never given me flowers. Valentine's Day comes and goes without a peep from him. ここでのwithout a peepはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• comings and goings

My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We've had our share of ups and downs, but always managed to work our way through them. Last year, he decided he no longer wanted to be married, saying the last 20 years were not all that pleasant and we have never really gotten along. (As far as I know, there isn't another woman.) My problem is, for the most part, he still acts like he wants to be married. He has made no attempt to leave, tells me his comings and goings, asks me to have dinner together, etc. tells me his comings and goingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• carry some weight

Right now, I work odd jobs (teaching for silly companies) to make ends barely meet. My husband makes the living, but would like to carry some weight. carry some weightとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for 28 years, but our relationship has been at a brick wall for more than half of the marriage. For the past four years, we have lived under the same roof but completely separately, essentially as housemates. Up until now, I have made the decision to stay in the marriage because A) we have two daughters, both in their early 20s, and B) my husband is a pastor and I was once concerned about his image in the church community if we were to separate. Aggression and worrisome behavior have now entered the equation, and we have both accepted that our union is no longer salvageable. I am ready to start dating and move on with my life, as my husband has been doing for more than half of our marriage, but he still isn’t ready to upset the church community with the news of our formal separation. Personally, I am done putting up a façade. I am ready to move on from not only the marriage, but also the church community, but ultimately I do want to be the bigger person and respect my husband’s image. if we were to separateのところはif we separatedとも言えるのでしょうか?違いは何でしょうか?あと、the bigger personはなぜaではなくtheが使われているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• なぜ比較級か

As the infirmities of older age begin to set in, my husband is now grateful that I stuck by him and can care for him, and he is less concerned about sex. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2055278 なぜolderと比較級になっているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします