• ベストアンサー

practice corporate law

When he practiced corporate law for a living, he’d often spend his off-the-clock hours letting out his creative steam. practiced corporate lawとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

practiced corporate lawとはどういうことでしょうか?  corporate law とは、下記のように「会社法」という意味です。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=corporate+law  ここではWhen he practiced corporate law for a living「会社の顧問弁護士として飯を食っていた時」みたいな意味でしょう。    

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9739/12120)
回答No.2

>When he practiced corporate law for a living, he’d often spend his off-the-clock hours letting out his creative steam. ⇒彼は、生活のために会社の規則を守るときは、就業時間外にはしばしば自前の創造の能力を発揮しながら過ごしたものです。 >practiced corporate lawとはどういうことでしょうか? ⇒「生活(費)のために会社の規則を守るとき・守って仕事をする(ときには)」といったニュアンスだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 仮定法の書き換え教えてください

仮定法の書き換え教えてください His wife is not a good cook, so he often eats out. → If his wife were a good cook, he would (       )often eat out. よろしくお願いします

• 英文でわからないところがあります

下記の文の "when he was" ってどいう役割と意味を持っているかわかりません。英語に詳しい方がいましたら教えてください。 -------------- Tom said his Dad would often enjoy on after-dinner stroll when he was. トムは、彼のお父さんが夕食後の散歩をよく楽しんでいたと言っていたよ。 --------------

• psych himself out of

I know he feels like shit for letting this happen, and when he’s depressed he loses his sense of ambition/faith in himself and psychs himself out of even applying for jobs, but he won’t even take half an hour to write down a few things he would just like to have in a new or additional job. psychs himself out of とはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

After many hours of crying and shouting he admitted to me that he and this person have engaged in sexual contact. I'm crushed! This is the love of my life! I would never have suspected cheating from him! He said he had to get his curiosity out of his system before he asked me to marry him this summer. get his curiosity out of his systemとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• he enjoys this parの訳し方

Mark is a sales manager at his company, and he often has to take his clients out for dinner. He is a very friendly person by nature, so he enjoys this part of his job. という文なのですが、he enjoys this part of his job. の部分のいい訳はないでしょうか? 仕事のこの部分を楽しむではあまりにも直訳なような気がします。「部分」と「楽しむ」がなんとかできればと。

• on his own terms

My grandfather passed away three years ago. It was the first death in the family I’ve experienced. I was absolutely in bits when he died. He was very healthy all of my life until that point. He had an ongoing “flu” for a couple weeks that turned out to be cancer, and he passed within a month of letting all of the immediate family know about the diagnosis. He did not opt for treatment that would have lengthened his life, which I absolutely am grateful for. He passed on his own terms in his home. He passed on his own terms「自分が思うがままに死んだ」?でしょうか?どういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただける方のみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分ですので、内容が中途半端になってると思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He likes to work alone, or follow his creative pursuits alone, his art or music or whatever the talent is that he hides and he works in private with great detail, effort and dedication to the task.. He has hidden qualities, sensitivities and hidden talents that will only come out after living with him or knowing him a time,.

• 中学の英語の問題について参考意見を下さい。

中学の英語の問題について参考意見を下さい。 When he was a boy, bears were living in this forest. They often came to this lake for fish. と同じ意味になるように下記の空欄を埋めなさいという問題です。 When he was a boy, bears ( )( )living in this forest ( )( ) to this lake for fish. 私は、 When he was a boy, bears (were)(usually)living in this forest (and)(came) to this lake for fish. かな?と思うのですが如何でしょうか?解答がないので答えを見ることができません。

• 和訳をお願いできないでしょうか

itは日本でいう隠れんボウとかの「鬼」のことです。 when he was〝it〟the game became deadly serious, for he made not the slightest sound, hardly even seeming to breathe as he stood quite still in the darkness, straining his ears and sniffing out his prey, toward whom he would make his stealthy, relentless way.

• straightened out

Bud is 44 years old and owns his own business, but he does not save money. When I met him, he had nothing. Now he has $20,000 in a retirement account and another $5,000 in savings. He finally has his two kids pretty well straightened out, although they will never be exactly normal. has his two kids pretty well straightened outはどのような意味でしょぅか?よろしくお願いします