• ベストアンサー

過去完了について

I had failed to take into account just how proper everything is in Japan. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9kkb43/i-pushed-japans-all-you-can-eat-kfc-buffet-to-its-absolute-limit なぜ過去完了が使われているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9727/12100)
回答No.2

>I had failed to take into account just how proper everything is in Japan. ⇒「私は、日本ではいかに全てをきちんと片付けるか、ということを考えに入れ損なっていた。」 >なぜ過去完了が使われているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします ⇒KFC(ケンタッキー・フライド・チキン)ならゴミ箱いっぱいの残飯チキンを出している、と思ってその残飯をあさりに行ったが、何も残っていなかった。すべてゴミ収集車で運び去ったのだ」と過去形で述べていますね。で、そういうことを、つまり、日本では残飯をすぐに片付けるということを「考慮していなかった」わけですよね。 ということで、この場合の過去完了は、「過去の過去、すなわち、大過去の用法」に当たるのではないかと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

「私は日本ではいかにすべてがただただ適切かを考慮していなかった」 この語りては、KFCに行けば大量のチキンの残飯にありつけると思っていたけれどあてが外れて、日本がどれだけ適切に余分なものを残さないかを考慮し損なっていたと言う意味。 つまり、残飯をあさりに言ったときにはまだfailed to take into accountしていなかったけれど、ゴミ箱いっぱいの残飯が無いことに気がついてfailed to take into accountしたのです。その状態が続いて結局チキンにありつけなかったと言う過去につながっていると言う話し。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

What were you getting up to that made you think, I'm a sex addict? https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43xk9b/four-sex-addicts-on-the-spiral-that-led-them-to-rehab 和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳を見ていただけますか

we usually have the traditional christmas meal with turkey. Its strange that i hardly ever seem to eat turkey through the rest of the year. Have you ever had that style of meal at christmas? クリスマスには伝統的な食事としてターキーを食べるんだけど、 それ以外でターキーを食べるのは見たことないの。 という訳し方で合っていますか? its strangeというのはターキーをクリスマス以外で見かけない から不思議、とか奇妙よね、というニュアンスなのでしょうか?

• Thanks for the interestin

Thanks for the interesting and beautiful photos. (heart eyes) Cute bear cake. I'm glad you had a good birthday. You bought a great gift. A beautiful bag - backpack. I think this is a very expensive gift. I'm sorry. I eat plain food. Mostly Ukrainian cuisine. I eat everything. I don’t eat much. Usually 2 times a day. At lunch and in the evening. The food in your photo is very expensive for me. I didn’t eat squids, crabs and octopuses. I think it’s delicious. (smirk) Habits? I like to drink coffee with a sandwich in the morning .. Black tea in the evening. I go to bed late at 2 - 3 in the morning. Bad habit. I have to think about what habits I have. In general, I am usually calm, not conflicting. Not talkative. I have a soft character. I look younger than my age. Would you like a young man like me? (sweat)Do you have habits? と来ました。訳してください。 私のような若い男が欲しいか?ですか? 私より、年上なんですが、 あと、クマのケーキは、ロウソクを年齢すうぶち刺しました。これは、海外では、おかしいんですか? もう、一人のアメリカ人からも面白い写真と言われました。そんな、山火事みたいなロウソクにはなってません。年齢すうの蝋燭を立てるのは日本だけ?。 びとんのバッグはアメリカ人からもグレイトプレゼントと言われました。海外でも高額なんですか?教えてください。

• 和訳お願いします。

i cant really stay as commited to studying because of school:( ihave other things i study to but this year im taking spanish classes so its hard for me. becausue everything my teacher says in spanish i almost say in japanese hehehe but i think in a way that is good because i remember right?:) なぜright?と聞いてきたのでしょうか。 because of schoolってなにか省略してますか? 和訳お願いします。

• 英語 の質問です。

1.Is better when the food bowl have the same hight how is neck ! Like a food Station you need 2.Not to start an argument but there's a fairly recent study that suggests that raised food bowls are not necessary to prevent bloat! My girl will only eat out of a bowl if its on the floor- she would fling everything out of a raised bowl onto the floor and then eat it! 3.Ours eats like a giraffe drinks - legs akimbo :))) この3つの文を日本語に訳していただけませんか?よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 急) 和訳お願いします(どれか一つでもいいのでお願

翻訳サイトとかで調べてなんとなく意味はわかりましたが、正確なのを知りたく質問しました 以下を和訳してほしいです (1)I think we will be good friends!:] Teach me Japanese? Really?! I 'm very happy,I very like Japan*_* and I have a dream,I would like to live in Japan. I hope, my dream will come true!! Do you have a dream?^^ (2)Everybody can learn everything, its ok, my english is not perfect too. ;D I don't know how i can help you with your english? I think you learn the most when we write the e-mails ;D Japan is a big land, where are you from, Tokio? (3)Its totally fine I understand since you have school and everything^^ and your English is completely correct!

• 過去完了・大過去完了について

英語の文法に関してお伺いします。 「私は彼と1ヶ月前に別れた(今もその状況)」という場合 I have broken up with my boyfriend for 1 month. 「私は彼と1ヶ月別れていた(今はよりが戻った)」という場合 I had broken up with him for 1 month. で合っているでしょうか? また、 「私は彼とトラブルがあり別れた(そして今現在もよりは戻っていない)」という場合は I had been in trouble with my boyfriend, and we broke up. というような過去に別れた点と、それより前にトラブルが起こったという点という感覚でこの文法は合っているでしょうか? では、「私は彼とトラブルがあり1ヶ月別れたが今はよりが戻っている。」という場合はどういう文法になるでしょう? 未だに文法が明確に理解できずにいます。よろしくお願いします。

• 過去完了+過去完了

過去完了(had+pp)と過去形はよくセットで使われることが多いですが、 例えば、過去完了と過去完了が二回続けて使われることはないのでしょうか? I had lost the key, I had not gone back home. 「鍵をなくしてしまっていたので、家に帰ることが出来なかった。」 過去完了とは過去において何かしらのある状態が続いているときに使いますよね? とすると、鍵をなくしてしまった状態が続いているので過去完了にするべきですよね? そして、家に帰ることが出来なかったのも過去における状態が続いていると考えると過去完了にするべきですよね? しかし、過去完了と過去完了のセットで使われる文は見たことがありません。 この文は文法的におかしいのでしょうか? おかしいならなぜですか? 教えて下さい。

• Bad as it is

She sleeps late, so I can't go into the kitchen to make breakfast because I might wake her, and we're forced to hide our snacks so she won't eat them. Bad as it is, the worst part is that my fiancé is bringing in zero income. His credit has gone down the tubes, he's about to lose his car—everything. Bad as it isはどう訳すでしょうか?His credit has gone down the tubesは「彼の信用t isはなくなった」で良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いいたします。

和訳お願いいたします。 Can you imagine where you will wake up in 5 weeks time? Hmmm ... maybe you will want to wake up very early because you want to eat a waffle ... hahaha Did you manage to book the tickets you wanted? I hope so. If everything is confirmed we can start with the fun part! Starting to plan your trip in more detail. But ... hmmm ... I think I'm not going to tell you. Yes let's keep it a secret for you what exactly we're going to do. I have somethings in mind that I think you would like to visit / do. So now I'm going to give you a little bit of homework ... just like in school. If you could give me 5 things you want to see / do: 1: ... 2: ... 3: ... 4: ... 5: ... Then I will try to combine everything and try to make it into a super nice holiday!! For me being with ●● is already enough to have a nice holiday :) 以上です。ありがとうございます。