• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします

It's hard to quarrel with that ancient justification of the free press: "America's right to know." It seems almost cruel to ask, ingenuously," America's right to know what, please? Science? Mathematics? Economics? Foreign languages?"

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9768/12169)
回答No.2

>It's hard to quarrel with that ancient justification of the free press: "America's right to know." It seems almost cruel to ask, ingenuously," America's right to know what, please? Science? Mathematics? Economics? Foreign languages?" ⇒自由出版物(政府に検閲されない刊行物)では、古くから「アメリカ人の知る権利」の正当性が言われているが、これに反論するのは難しい。「それはアメリカ人の、何を知る権利でしょうか? 科学? 数学? 経済学? 外国語?」と天真爛漫に尋ねたいところだが、そんなことをしようものなら、ほとんど虐待行為ととられるのが落ちである。

asahi523
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「アメリカの知る権利」と言う出版の自由の、昔ながらの正当化を否定することは難しい。  「では、科学?数学?経済学?外国語?(などのうち)一体何を知る権利なのか」と言う素朴な質問をするのは残酷なほどである。

asahi523
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳してください

アメリカの友達から旦那に久しぶりにメールがきました。 でもわかりません。 和訳お願いします(;o;) 緊急みたいです。 dear michitoshi, this is Eli's, I arrive in Japan last night here in Fumies hom etown. things are very bad between fumie and i. it seems we now face a divorce. I am wondering if you know of ver y inexpensive places to live in fukuyama. almost all the m oney that I had went for fumie and Aika's, now I am here with almost no money. so I am in a bad position, if you k now of any cheap, inexpensive places to live, please infor m me because I don't think I can stay long at this place. I am sorry to send you a sad email, but I have an emergen cy. please write back in English because I don't think I ca n make translation on this computer. eli お願いします(;o;)

• この英文を訳してください><;;

アメリカの友人からのメールです。 日本とアメリカの大学についての話なのですが 4月からCollege が始まる と送ったらこのようにかえってきました 私も相手も18歳です。 College already? Is that like America's high schools? Because I know you've got to apply to high school over there right?

• 和訳お願いします

People fell so, and know so, and say so. There is no glossing over or “greying” of the facts, as often seems to happen in japan. In the same way, Europeans are strongly aware of justice; and indeed, nowadays the legal systems of almost every country in the world are modelled ont the humanity of Christian justice. As regards attitude to women, the Christian concept of chivalry has always given high priority to respect for and the protection of women.That is why most male Europeans, until more recently, have followed the practice of “Ladies first”. As modern women have clamoured for greater autonomy and power, however. man's natural chivalrous instincts have, quite naturally, declined. If women want to wear the trousers, so to speak, they must fend for themselves. よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳お願いします。

If it is a matter of right answers,as it may be in mathematics or science,give him the answer book. Let him correct his own papers. Why should we teachers waste time on such routine work? Our job should be to help the child when he tells us that he can't find the way to get the right answer. Let's end all this nonsence of grades,exam,marks. Let us throw them all out,and let the children learn what all educated persons must some day learn,how to measure their own understanding,how to know what they know or do not know.

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m

Marvin was worried about the weather. After having his dinner in a hurry, he decided, at almost 11:00 that night, to go down to the small dock to check for possible ice damage to his boat. As he walked downthe three-hundred-foot slope to the lake, Marvin was followed by his dog, Max. Max loved to run around with his master. Though it was very late and cold, he seemed very pleased with the unexpected trip. At the dock, Marvin saw that his fears were right. A film of ice was beginning to appear around the boat. Marvin picked up a log and tried to push the boat to break the ice. But he did not know that water from the lake had make the dock wet. As he pushed with the log, he fell down, and his body hit the dock. He badly injured his legs, and he fell into the cold fifteen-foot-deep water. The cold waters began to pull him toward the dock, but he had little strength and soon went under the water.

• 和訳困っています><

-Ageing- As we've seen, many people live healthy, happy and productive lives for many years after the standard retirement age. But sooner or later, barring accidents, we all become old. It used to be thought that ageing was a steady decline in functioning, with people going inevitably downhill from the age of 50 or so. But now we know that is not so. But now we know that is not so. The research evidence which suggested this pattern of ageing was seriously flawed in the way that it was done, and modern experiences show that ageing occurs quite differently. The general pattern seems to be that we have only a very gradual decline in our older years, and that decline can be slowed down by exercise and activity, but that eventually we reach a period of more rapid physical decline, which rarely lasts for more than about five years. Usually, the person dies at some point during the five-year period. In some old people, that decline is brought about by an accident-a fall or some similar event- which damages them physically but, more importantly, shakes their confidence and makes them feel unable to cope with life as they once did. How inevitable the decline is, once it has begun, is something nobady knows. We do know, though, that even old bodies can respond surprisingly well to exercises were found to be putting on muscle mass as a result - in other words, their muscles were responding to the exercise and becoming stronger. This finding has been repeated a number of times now, and it shows that the saying " it's never too late " may be even truer than we realize. The real danger in ageing, more than any other, seems to be the person's own beliefs about it. Someone who expects to decline and become incapable as they grow older is not likely to face their body or mind with extra challenges. Without exercise, our bodies have no incentive to grow stronger or to maintain their normal levels of strength; so they become weaker. This, to the person who expects to be weak as a result of age, is 'proof 'that they were right, and their belief in inevitable decline is confirmed. But really, it began as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• 長文和訳をお願いします。

ユングの夢分析のlectureIからだそうですが、所々しかわかりません。 和訳お願いしますm(__)m ladies and Gentlemen: Dream analysis is the central problem of the analytical treatment,because it is the most important technical means of opening up an avenue to the unconscious. The main object in this treatment, as you know, is to get at the message of the unconscious. The patient comes to the analyst usually because he finds himself in an impasse or cul-de-sac,where there seems to be no way out,and he assumes that the doctor will know a way. If the doctor is honest,he recognizes that he also does not know the way. But doctors sometimes are not:only one hundred and fifty years ago,doctors were those quacks who went to fairs and pulled out teeth,performed marvellous cures,etc. ,and this attitude still prevails to a certain extent in the medical profession at the present day---human beings are everywhere bad! In analysis we must be very careful not to assume that we know all about the patient or that we know the way out of his difficulties. If the doctor tells him what he thinks the trouble may be,he follows the doctor's suggestions and does not experience himself. Suggestions may work for a time,but when he is away the patient collapses because he has no contact with himself and is living not his own way but the doctor's way. Then he has to return to the doctor for new suggestions,and after a while this becomes disgusting to both. It is important that the doctor admits he does not know;then both are ready to accept the impartial facts of nature,scientific realities. Personal opinions are more or less arbitrary judgments and may be all wrong; we are never sure of being right. Therefore we should seek the facts provided by dreams. Dreams are objective facts. They do not answer our expectations,and we have not invented them;if one intends to dream of certain things,one finds it impossible. We dream of our questions,our difficulties.There is a saying.

• 和訳お願いします。

http://okwave.jp/qa/q7061636.html 上記の続きなんですがよろしくお願いします。 Grand gream Science was always going to be slow to fulfill a dream as gtrand as this. First, cryopreservation techniques need to improve so patient's bodies-and especially their brains, the repositories of memory and personality-suffer minimal damage. Second, the medical techniques for revival, such as cures for Aids, cancer and heart disease, must be developed. Many cryonicists opt to preserve only their heads, hoping for revival technology good enough to have them new, younger bodies. However, there are not even animal experiments to bolster the idea. Nobody has yet frozen and revived any mammal. But the dream no longer seems quite as lunatic as it did in 1962, when Robert Ettinger's The Prospect of Immortality launched the modern cryonics movement. But because cryonics is so small, it has little funding for reseach. The area of most immediate concern to cryonicists is improvements in preservation techniques: less damage at the beginning means an easier eventual repair job. The key technique, which came into use in 2001, is vitrification. Ice cream that's melted and refrozen develops ice crystals. So do human bodies, where crystals can tear through delicate tissues. As one cryonicist puts it: “We didn't evolve to be frozen.” Vitrification avoids this by replacing the blood with a mixture of antifreeze-like chemicals known as cryoprotectants via a machine like the cardio-pulmonary bypass devices used in hospitals. The right mixture at the right temperature, between -90C and -130C, becomes a smooth solid, like glass-hence vitrification. お願いします。

• 和訳を教えてください

In my japanese classroom almost no one enjoy manga -.- but I mean it's pretty clear that it's one of the many things that people like about your country. So is it because of the bad side that manga can have (hentai, violence) that adults don't really like it? It's funny because sometimes it's clearly exposed. Like in the Kyoto train station with the statues and pictures from Osamu Tezuka work. I don't know if I'm really clear... If not sorry. I guess what I'm trying to say is that manga opinion seems kinda contradictory in Japan. And in my opinion, Japanese people should be proud, but again.. I'm a fan, so I'm not gonna say otherwise right...? 日本語を勉強している子からのメールに書いてあった文章です。 (クラスメイトの中で漫画を読む子はいないけど)日本が好きなのは 日本の漫画が好きだからという理由の子がたくさんいるのは明白です。 大人は漫画の性的や暴力的な描写が嫌い? 矛盾してるよね、京都駅で手塚治虫のアトムの像があったりするのに。 よくわからないなあ。 I'm not gonna say というのは何を指しているんでしょうか??? So is it becauseからの文章が当てずっぽうです^^; なんとなく和訳はしてみたんですが全体の意味がいまいちつかめず困っています。 日本は漫画を文化の一部として全面にアピールしているのに一方では 漫画好きな人に対してシビアな目が向けられるのはなんか矛盾してる ということが言いたいのかなと思ったんですが。 (この前のメールでオタクのことについて聞かれたので) メールの一部を抜粋しているので意味がとれないかもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いします。 わかりにく文章で申し訳ありません…

• 至急、英文和訳お願いします!

We still don't know, after all, where the moon came from, or how life arose on earth, or why the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second. We don't know why people respond to music or whether it will definitely rain tomorrow. The genius of people like Newton and Einstein lies in the scientist who could ask incredibly simple questions. Asking good questions is moreimportant than answering them, because the answers are always changing. In fact, one of the main differences between science and philosophy or religion is that scientific beliefs tentative. By definition, they are incomplete. There will never be a time when people will "know about everything." But we should continue asking questions, because when we still learning, we stop growing. 流れは分かるんですが 正確な全訳ができず 困っています… 至急分かる方いらっしゃったら 回答お願いします!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 失恋について一年付き合っていた人とお別れしました。泣かずにお別れをしました。
  • 新幹線片道5時間の遠距離でしたが、未来が見えず、彼に自分の職をバカにされたことが決定打となりました。
  • 彼は職場の元上司で、会社の内部事情もよく知っています。しかし、一年前に転職をしました。
回答を見る