英文翻訳の正確性について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英文翻訳の正確性に疑問がある場合は、この記事を参考にしてください。
  • 海外経験者の視点から見た日本人の多くの質問について解説します。
  • 日本社会で質問攻めにあった経験を持つ著者が、その苦悩と対策について語ります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文翻訳があります。翻訳は正しいですか?

Why do you ask so many question? Why do Japanese ask so many questions? When I returned to Japanese society after an absence of 12 years-six years of elementary school abroad and six years in the cultural enclave of an American secondary school-I was often annoyed by the many questions people asked me, even people I met for the first time: "What does your father do?" "If he worked for the United Nation, did he make a lot of money?" There was even a woman who called my mother to ask, "Why can't your daughter speak (Japanese) properly? Is she retarded? Shouldn't she see a docter?" 和訳 君はなぜそんな沢山聞くの? なぜ日本人はそんなにたくさん聞くの? 海外の小学校で12年間プラス、文化的な租界としてのアメリカの中学生活6年間ののちに、日本社会に戻った時、私は自分に向けられるたくさんの質問、初対面の人ですらしてくる質問にしばしばイライラさせられました。「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金もらったでしょ?」私の母に電話して次のような質問をする女性すらいました。「どうしてあなたのお嬢さん、日本語をきちんと話せないの? 知恵遅れ? 医者に見せるべきじゃない?」

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。最初の方で数字(年数)に関する間違いがあるようですが、それ以外はよく訳されていると思います。 >Why do you ask so many question? >Why do Japanese ask so many questions? >When I returned to Japanese society after an absence of 12 years-six years of elementary school abroad and six years in the cultural enclave of an American secondary school-I was often annoyed by the many questions people asked me, even people I met for the first time: "What does your father do?" "If he worked for the United Nation, did he make a lot of money?" There was even a woman who called my mother to ask, "Why can't your daughter speak (Japanese) properly? Is she retarded? Shouldn't she see a docter?" >君はなぜそんな沢山聞くの? >なぜ日本人はそんなにたくさん聞くの? >海外の小学校で12年間プラス、文化的な租界としてのアメリカの中学生活6年間ののちに、日本社会に戻った時、私は自分に向けられるたくさんの質問、初対面の人ですらしてくる質問にしばしばイライラさせられました。「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金もらったでしょ?」私の母に電話して次のような質問をする女性すらいました。「どうしてあなたのお嬢さん、日本語をきちんと話せないの? 知恵遅れ? 医者に見せるべきじゃない?」 ★When I returned to Japanese society after an absence of 12 years-six years of elementary school abroad and six years in the cultural enclave of an American secondary school- I was often annoyed:《私は、(合計)12年間 ― 海外の小学校で6年間、および、文化的な「疎開」としてのアメリカでの中学生活6年間 ― の不在ののちに日本社会に戻った時、私は人々から尋ねられる、初対面の人からさえ尋ねられるたくさんの質問しばしばイライラさせられました》。ハイフンにしか見えませんので無理もありませんが、2つのダッシュを見落とされたようですね。「12年間プラス6年間」(=18年間!)でなく、「6年間プラス6年間」の、合計12年間ということです。なお、「疎開」とカギカッコで括ったのは、「必ずしも本来の意味ではありません」の意です。 ★I was often annoyed by the many questions people asked me, even people I met for the first time: "What does your father do?" "If he worked for the United Nation, did he make a lot of money?":《私は人々から尋ねられる、初対面の人からさえ尋ねられる、たくさんの質問にしばしばイライラさせられました。例えば、「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金もらったでしょ?」などです》。引用文の前のコロンは、「例えば、(~です)」のように訳すと具合がいいですね。 ⇒なぜあなたはそんなにたくさん聞くの? なぜ日本人は、そんなにたくさん質問するのでしょうか? 私は、(合計)12年間 ― 海外の小学校で6年間、および、文化的な「疎開」としてのアメリカでの中学生活6年間 ― の不在ののちに日本社会に戻った時、私は人々から尋ねられる、初対面の人からさえ尋ねられるたくさんの質問にしばしばイライラさせられました。例えば、「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金もらったでしょ?」などです。私の母に電話して次のような質問をする女性すらいました。「どうしてあなたのお嬢さん、日本語をきちんと話せないの? 知恵遅れ? 医者に見せるべきじゃない?」、と。

iwano_aoi
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Why do you ask so many question? Why do Japanese ask so many questions? When I returned to Japanese society after an absence of 12 years-six years of elementary school abroad and six years in the cultural enclave of an American secondary school-I was often annoyed by the many questions people asked me, even people I met for the first time: "What does your father do?" "If he worked for the United Nation, did he make a lot of money?" There was even a woman who called my mother to ask, "Why can't your daughter speak (Japanese) properly? Is she retarded? Shouldn't she see a docter?" 日本語訳 なぜあなたはそんなにたくさん聞くの? なぜ日本人は、そんなにたくさん質問するのでしょうか? 私は、(合計)12年間 ― 海外の小学校で6年間、および、文化的な「疎開」としてのアメリカでの中学生活6年間 ― の不在ののちに日本社会に戻った時、私は人々から尋ねられる、初対面の人からさえ尋ねられるたくさんの質問にしばしばイライラさせられました。例えば、「お父さんは何をしているの?」「国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金を稼いでいた?」などです。私の母に電話して次のような質問をする女性すらいました。「どうしてあなたのお嬢さん、日本語をきちんと話せないの? 知恵遅れ? 医者に見せるべきじゃない?」、と。 質問 アメリカでの中学生活6年間 は、日本にあるアメリカンハイスクールのことでしょうか? また、国連で働いていたなら、たくさんお金を稼いでいたというかお金を稼いでいましたか?と和訳したほうが適切ですか?

• 英文和訳をお願いします

And so the customer, of course, is the housewife. What do they pay us for ? I do not know how many people in the world make soap, but there are a great many. And I can’t tell you the difference between one kind of soap or the other. And why does the buyer have a preference, and a strong one, by the way? What does it do for her? Why is she willing to buy from us when on the same shelves in the US or in Japan or in Germany there are soaps from five other soap manufacturers? She usually does not even look at them. She reaches out for that soap. Why? What does she see? What does she want? Try to work on this.

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

中国の正月についてゲーム内の友人のコメントです。 翻訳サイトやアプリだとおかしい気がしますので、お願いします。 1月1日, many people sum the years he spent and prepare to welcome 春節 There are many parties on tv

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Until recently I had no idea why people asked me these questions. People from other countries also c omplained about being asked what they considered personal questions. My American roommate in California, usually quite mild, was incensed by one of my Japanese visitors, who asked what he probably considered an indirect question: "What is the marriageable age in the United States?" The implication was not lost ome her. "Is he implying that I should be married at my age? (She was 25 or 26 years old at that time.) What business is it of his when I get married!" 日本語訳 最近まで人々がなぜこうした質問を私にするのかわかりませんでした。他の国からきた人たちも、彼らが個人的な質問だと思う事柄について尋ねられることに苦情を言ってました。普通はとっても穏やかなカリフォルニアにいる私のアメリカ人ルームメイトは、おそらくは遠まわしの質問だと思って次のように尋ねた日本人の訪問客の一人に激怒しました。「アメリカでの結婚適齢期は何歳?」その質問が暗示していることが彼女にはわかったのです。「彼は私の年なら結婚すべきだってほのめかしてるの?(彼女はその当時25か26歳でした)。私の結婚が彼になんの関係があるって言うのよ!」

• 英文を翻訳お願いします

In general, wine is made from grapes. Pass me the salt,please. He will be an Edison. I don't mind eating fast food three times a day. A human being is the only animal that is gifted with speech. He said that necessity is the mother of invention. This is the house where Shakespeare was born. Even if the sun were to rise in the west, I would never change my mind. The rescue worker grabbed the man by the hand. The knowledge of first aid is of great use. He was at a loss as to what to do. Mother went to see the school festival by train.

• 日本語に翻訳してくださいm(__)m

Oh (angry) I don't like that It's good to see that your stalker is calming down Why does he stalk you of all people←翻訳してくださいm(__)m

• この文を日本語にしてください。

この文を日本語にしてください。 1 There are many people who need assistance dogs. Most of them can't get one, because there are not many assistance dogs. 2 Even an assistance dog like Kenny can't go into many restaurant and shops. 3 Some are afraid of dogs. 4 Why can't my aunt go into such places with Kenny when she wants to do so? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Placing people in the proper perspective Only recently have I learned that Japanese ask "personal" questions for a number of reasons. One function of such questions is to express concern, or even critiism, towards differences from what Japanese think is "normal". Doesn't a Japanese girl who is unable to speak Japanese have a speech impediment? Shouldn't a girl get married before she is so old no one wants her? 日本語訳 人を正しく捉えること 最近になってやっと私は、日本人が「個人的」質問をするのにはいくつかの理由があることを学びました。そうした質問がもつ機能の一つは、日本人が「普通」だと考えることとの違いに対する心配や批判さえも表すことです。日本語を話せない日本人の少女は、言語障害があるからですよね?誰も必要としないかなりの年寄りになる前に女の子は結婚すべきじゃない?

• 英文の添削、採点お願いします

問題は英検準1級 2013年度第2回のものです。14点満点中何点かだけでも良いので教えて下さい。模範回答のURLを貼っておきます。 https://www.eiken.or.jp/eiken/exam/grade_p1/pdf/201302/p1kyu.pdf 問題: Dear Daisuke, I hope you’re well. I just read an article about Japanese society. It said that many Japanese people continue working even after they reach retirement age. What do you think is the reason for this? The article also said that at some schools, children have to attend on Saturdays as well as on weekdays. Do you think this is a good idea? When I visited Tokyo last year, I was surprised to see people riding their bicycles on sidewalks. Do you think people should be banned from doing this? Write back soon. Veronica 私の書いた内容 Dear Veronica, Hi, I'm doing well. Thanks! I think the reason is that many people have spent most of their life for companies and businesses. When those people become free, they must feel there are less desire than expected. Next, in my opinion children should have more rest. On weekdays their classes are quite long, moreover some of them also go to clam school. About the third question I don't think so. A part of pedestrians regard that bicycles easily cause accident, however people riding on them may use carefully not to hurt anyone. Take care, Daisuke

• 英文の意味が知りたい

この文の意味を教えてください、何を伝えたいのか分かりませんお願いします。 Ah, for example, "not popular"! Sometimes people ask me "do americans like [this]?", and I want to say "some do but it's not very popular." But あまり人気がない often makes Japanese people laugh.