Understanding Yorkshire Dialect: Greetings and Endearments

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning behind Yorkshire greetings and endearments
  • Learn why phrases like 'Eh up, atha goin on?' and 'Hello duck' are not offensive
  • Understand how words like 'love' and 'duck' are used as terms of endearment
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味を教えてください。

意味を教えてください。 下記の文章です、よろしくお願いします。 Don't be surprised if a Yorkshire resident greets you with, "Eh up, atha goin on?" ("Hey, are you?') "Thanks love is not a sexual term and, how "Hello duck," is not offensive. Both love and duck are words of endearment, so you should feel happy and not angry when you hear them.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

ヨークシャーに住んでいる人が挨拶で"Eh up, atha goin on?” って言っても驚かないでね(驚いた?)。”Thanks love"は性的な言葉じゃないし、"Hello duck"は全然侮辱じゃない。"love"も”duck"も愛情を示す言葉で、だからあなたはそう聞いても起こるんじゃなくて喜ばなきゃいけない。

関連するQ&A

• be動詞は主語のどこに合わせたらいい?

「怒っているのは私だ」という文章の英訳は It is I that am angry. It is I that is angry. のどちらが正しいのでしょうか? また、「あなたとジョーは正しい」という文章では You and Joe is correct. You and Joe are correct. どっちになりますか?

• 少し驚いて、少し怒ったような顔で 英語で

人の家に勝手に入っている人に対して、 What are you doing here!?” と言う人の状況を文章で表現する際、 「ここで何をしてるんだ!?」と少し驚いて、少し怒ったような顔で言った。 と訳したいのですが、 いい表現が思いつきません。 What are you doing here!?” the man, who was surprised and・・・・・・ とまでは書けたのですが、この先で困っています。 What are you doing here!?” the man, who was surprised with his a little bit angry face, said. や、 What are you doing here!?” the man, who was surprised being a little bit angry, said. ではちょっと幼稚な感じがします。 どなたかいい案をお持ちの方ご教示ください。 よろしくお願いします。

• so that の意味

Birth Control It’s no accident that abortion and contraception are often mentioned in the same context; and the providers of contraception are also the providers of abortion. Abortion is the fruit of contraception. Once a society accepts contraception, it has basically said that sex is for recreation and one need not take responsibility for one’s actions in this area. Once that is an accepted mindset, the floodgates are open to a number of aberrations like abortion because it is simply a continuation of the "no responsibility" mindset. If I get a girl pregnant, I can just "get rid of" my responsibility by abortion. When condoms are passed out in high schools, the message being spoken is "Here kids, go mess yourselves up emotionally and catch an incurable disease while you’re at it." When married couples contracept, the language being spoken is, "I love you and give myself entirely to you and accept you completely in everything that you are – almost; I don’t want your fertility." Bishop Fulton Sheen said, "The love between spouses is so real and so tangible that in nine months, you might have to give it a name." Spouses should realize that marital love is a participation in God’s creative act and that babies are good, not burdens to be avoided at all costs; especially the cost of poisoning women with dangerous chemicals so (1)  they can be available for sexual pleasure. Medicine is for sick people, not healthy people. Pregnancy and motherhood are not diseases. お世話になります。 上記文章で(1)の部分にはthat が省略されているものと思いますが、soと組み合わせてどう訳したらいいでしょうか?宜しくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願いします。

友達からのお叱りメールだと思いますが,正確に把握したいので翻訳をお願いします。 2センテンスになりますが,どうぞよろしくお願いします。 How are you today? Fiery seems a bit large. I just mentioned some, but you rebounded so much. Participate or not in the party is your own decision, and no one forced you, why would you feel embarrassed? Also linked ethnocentrism. You do not want to hear that I will not say. Since then do not say. I am angry because you know me too, I am angry because you insight into me, let me escape detection. I get angry is because you're too fond of me, allow me lost my temper for you. I am even more angry is that I care about you getting everything and cares everything you envisioned for me. I can not leave your concern, and you should bear all the responsibility.

• too~not toの意味と文章の訳

ポッドキャストのスクリプトです。 “Politically correct” の意味を説明する箇所がありました。 “Politically correct” is using words and language carefully so that you don’t offend other people – to get other people mad at you. You often will change the words that we perhaps used to use to describe someone and use language that is less offensive to them. Some people use “politically correct” itself to be an insulting term, saying that people are being too careful not to be offensive. 4行目の Some people use “politically correct” itself to be an insulting term, saying that people are being too careful not to be offensive. の文章ですが、まず、itselfは「そのもの」と解釈し、too~ not to・・・は、いろいろ調べたのですが、 「~しすぎて・・・でないわけにいかない」という意味があるとあったので、 「人はあまりに気を使いすぎるのが不快でないわけないと言って、無礼な言葉である“politically correct(差別のない表現)”を使う人もいる。」 と訳をつけました。 訳をつけましたが、“politically correct”を使う理由は何なのかが理解できませんでした。 以上わからなかった所をまとめますと、 1. itself を付けるのはなぜ? 2. too~ not to・・・の意味 3. “politically correct”を使う人もいる理由 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 文章の意味を教えてください

この文章の意味を教えてください! ↓ 「 Hello and i'm. 」 「 At the time when the president not come how you did it. 」 「 It is sudden and is bad , but will return to japan. 」 「 Hey, it is Colla!It is a meaning to say how‼︎ 」 「 Then in such a thing, run later again. 」

• 意味を教えて下さい(英文)

We all have our past and things we've went through. However, we met each other in our current life. Connecting with you in the sky. I will not be able to never love like that again. There is no love between you and me all over the world if it is loveless.

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 再投稿ですが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Shyness with the opposite sex. Restraint in expressing your emotional, personal feelings and needs. You have much physical love to give and share and are not prudish. But the dictates of the heart are often suppressed by a fear of making demands or seeming too weak and needy for love. You area giver not a taker in love and you like your love affairs to be emotionally tidy. O have their own place in his life, you don’t let your emotions or dream spill over messily into his life. You keep things tidy you make no demands you are enchanted by the dream of love but are also, a realist in matters of love, The idealism and dream is just the coating you put on the reality. Inside yourself you are a hard task master and the soul mate has to meet to many special requirements, and has to be a unique man to win your heart. He needs to shine out or he is not good enough for you. Unless you can have your mate or ideal partner, you tend to sacrifice happiness, or prefer a life of freedom and inwardly reconcile yourself to spinsterhood. This is preferable to you, to being tied to someone in a marriage that is less than love; or who is not him.. Having tasted paradise, nothing else is good enough.

• どなたか和訳お願いします!!

長いですがお願いします。 my phone is not sending me the fb message. i don't know what is happening. i text you so many times and no reply and i was thinking why you not writing me. i was going crazy and i don't understand what is going on. i thought you were playing games with my head telling me you love me but don't have time to even send me a messege. i was hurting and angry.

• 和訳はできるのですが、意味を明確に教えてください

LOVE IS NOT ALL ABOUT FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON BUT IS ALL ABOUT HOW MUCH LOVE YOU CAN CREATE TILL THE END. 愛は、条件が合う(ふさわしい)人を見つけることではなくて、最後まで、どれだけ愛せるかということです。 と訳しました。 how much love you の you は主語ですか? you が誰かを最後まで愛するという意味ですか? the end は命の終わりでしょうか? つまり、生涯どんなにたくさん愛し続けられるかということが愛であるという意味でしょうか? よろしくお願いします